PDA

View Full Version : ***The Official MMA Thread***

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

OU4LIFE
8/7/2008, 07:38 AM
I love watching Barnett fight, one of the most underrated HWT out there, IMO.

KC//CRIMSON
8/7/2008, 01:24 PM
I love watching Barnett fight, one of the most underrated HWT out there, IMO.

Yep, and with one quick hit Arlovski will be counting ceiling tiles.;)

tbl
8/7/2008, 01:54 PM
Dana's got to figure out a way to get the HW back in the UFC.

KC//CRIMSON
8/7/2008, 01:58 PM

Not acting like a total prick might be a good start.

DustySooner
8/7/2008, 03:20 PM

Yeah he better figure out something. That class is a snoozefest right now.

Cam
8/8/2008, 07:57 PM
Heard on the radio this afternoon that Saturday's UFC will be playing at The Warren. I think it said $7 each and $18 for the balcony. Wouldn't be a bad way to watch it. Smart deal on their part.

Rhino
8/9/2008, 02:25 PM
Hope they do it for all of them. I'd go to a handful of them, get balcony seats and order drinks.

This one I'll just watch on the internetz.

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2008, 04:21 PM
This one I'll just watch on the internetz.

TVU FTW!

KC//CRIMSON
8/9/2008, 09:42 PM
Adrian Peterson gets the biggest applause of the night.:cool:

DustySooner
8/10/2008, 11:58 AM

That was hilarious dude

Anyone else notice one punch from Brock Lesnar made Heath Herring's face look like it got hit by a train?

KC//CRIMSON
8/14/2008, 02:03 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/fighters/fedor-emelianenko-4.jpg

One of the most hotly debated topics in mixed martial arts these days is the identity of the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

UFC president Dana White insists it's middleweight champion Anderson Silva. Others consider either UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn or UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre to be No. 1.

There's even a small, but growing, faction that favors WEC bantamweight kingpin Miguel Torres.

Then there are the thousands of posters to forums across the Internet, who worship heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko and consider it blasphemy to suggest another fighter is remotely approaching him.

Emelianenko, who won the World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts heavyweight title after choking out ex-UFC champion Tim Sylvia in just 36 seconds last month on an Affliction card at the Honda Center in Anaheim, Calif., isn't sure of the answer.

He's only certain of one thing: It's not him.

"I don't consider myself on top of the pedestal," said Emelianenko (28-1, 1 no contest), who has largely been unchallenged since his only loss, which came because of a cut caused by an illegal elbow in a 2000 fight with Tsuyoshi Kohsaka.

"I have certain weaknesses and I make certain mistakes. Of course, that is frustrating, because like any athlete, I strive to get better each day. I know a lot of the media and the fans want to say I'm the best. I appreciate that, but that's not how I consider myself."

Emelianenko declined to make a selection of the pound-for-pound king. He said he hasn't seen much of Silva, St. Pierre or Penn. He's picked out holes in their games, but he concedes he's impressed by their technical proficiency.

Since 2000, his job has essentially been that of a one-man gang, destroying a roster of the world's great heavyweights. He's come under fire, principally from White, for a lackluster list of opponents after beating Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic in 2005 until he fought Sylvia.

White said last week he gained new respect for Emelianenko after his win over Sylvia.

"He's not the best pound-for-pound fighter, not even close, but he's one of the four or five best heavyweights," said White, who undoubtedly would be singing Emelianenko's praises to the heavens the moment he got the stoic Russian's name on a UFC contract.

"But we all have to thank him for getting rid of Tim Sylvia. He'd been stinking out the joint the last couple of years and Fedor did everyone a favor by beating him so easily and getting rid of him."

Emelianenko is going to spend more time in the U.S. in the coming months in an attempt to build familiarity with the fans. He was scheduled met Andrei Arlovski on Oct. 11 in Las Vegas, but a chipped bone at the base of his right thumb he got by clubbing Sylvia on the side of the head forced him to pull out of that fight.

Arlovski will fight Josh Barnett instead, with Emelianenko expected to fight the winner in early 2009.

Emelianenko will be ringside at the Thomas & Mack Center to observe, but conceded he's hardly a rabid fan of the sport. It's a job, albeit a lucrative one, and he treats it as such. There isn't a fight that gets his blood pumping enough to make him want to buy a ticket to see it. He's interested in Arlovski-Barnett simply because it impacts his future.

"This is my job, and to be honest with you, if I didn't have to work this job, I probably wouldn't," he said, chuckling. "It's how I make my living. It's even tough to accept this is what I do for the living."

Emelianenko, though, was stumped when asked what he'd do if he weren't a fighter. After a lengthy pause, he suggested he'd have become a fight instructor.

It's good for the world, though, that he has opted to hold off on teaching and still is fighting for a living. He continues to hold hope a bout with Randy Couture, the erstwhile UFC heavyweight champion, can be arranged.

That bout has the potential to be the richest MMA fight ever staged, though Couture's legal situation with the UFC has it on hold.

Emelianenko said he had both breakfast and dinner with Couture on Monday and is open to a fight whenever and wherever it can be made.

"Randy is a living legend in this sport and it's an honor that people say they want to see me fight him," Emelianenko said. "It's our desire to fight as soon as possible. I don't like the politics and I hope politics don't prevent this fight.

"I'm not out to prove anything. I just want to challenge myself against the men people believe is the best in the world. This bout with Randy is one step on that road. It would be my honor and my dream to fight him and we both will do what we can to get into the ring to fight."

OU4LIFE
8/15/2008, 07:19 AM
IMO, anyone who thinks Fedor isn't the best PfP in the world is kidding themselves.

Boomer.....
8/15/2008, 08:21 AM
I honestly think Anderson Silva might me. He is just so accurate in his striking, quick as lightning, and has an amazing ground game.

Boomer.....
8/15/2008, 08:36 AM

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/trashbucket/posted%20images/ADUFC87.jpg

OU4LIFE
8/15/2008, 09:00 AM
I honestly think Anderson Silva might me. He is just so accurate in his striking, quick as lightning, and has an amazing ground game.

Hey, I'm as big a fan of Silva as anyone, the guy is amazing.

But the bottom line for me is Fedor has lost once, and that was due to a cut by an illegal elbow or he'd have won that one too.

Silva's gone down FOUR times.

SoonerBBall
8/15/2008, 11:45 AM

But the bottom line for me is Fedor has lost once, and that was due to a cut by an illegal elbow or he'd have won that one too.

Being the best pound for pound fighter has nothing to do with the number of losses in you career. It has to do with how you are fighting right now. FOr example, Silva's real losses came early in his career. His last two losses were a DQ for kicking Okami in the face from his back while Okami had a knee on the ground and some scrub pulling a miracle flying scissor heel lock. On the same note, before he fought Silva, Fedor hadn't had a honest to goodness fight against a top contender since Cro Cop in mid 2005. He fought Coleman and Hunt in 2006, but that is still 2 years since his last legit fight. Given those facts, I don't think his status is beyond reproach.

Regardless, nobody here is pulling a Dana White and saying that Fedor isn't amazing, but saying that Fedor is so far above Silva, Penn, and St. Pierre that there isn't a conversation to be had is just silly.

KC//CRIMSON
8/15/2008, 05:05 PM

Ditto this post. You also have to consider the "fight resume." Fedor has fought way more quality and ranked opponents at the time than Silva. Regardless, of when those fights took place or "who have you fought lately?"

OU4LIFE
8/18/2008, 08:48 AM
saying that Fedor is so far above Silva, Penn, and St. Pierre that there isn't a conversation to be had is just silly.

Did someone say that. I simply stated that he's the best PfP in the business.

I will say one thing, I don't see how ANYONE can include BJ Penn in the conversation at all. I've seen the guy just basically quit when he was gassed before, and you've NEVER seen that from Fedor or Silva. I think BJ is pretty damn good, but he's got a long ways to go to get into this conversation.

Boomer.....
8/18/2008, 09:41 AM
I guess we will see where he stands when he fights GSP.

OU4LIFE
8/18/2008, 10:25 AM
true that.

KC//CRIMSON
9/3/2008, 04:53 PM
It's official: Randy Couture returning to UFC, fights Brock Lesnar at UFC 91

After a very public split with the organization back in October, reigning UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture has agreed to return to the UFC, and he'll meet Brock Lesnar in a UFC 91 championship bout with Brock Lesnar.

UFC President Dana White today confirmed the news in a media conference call.

White also confirmed that UFC 91 will take place Nov. 15 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas -- not at the Rose Garden Arena in Portland, Ore., as first expected.

As part of Couture's return to competition, which includes a new multi-fight deal with the UFC, White confirmed that their ongoing legal battle has been resolved. Couture resigned from the organization in October citing a lack of respect from UFC executives, issues over his pay, and the UFC's inability to sign then-free agent Fedor Emelianenko.

"I think some compromises were made on both sides," Couture said.

"All I give a [expletive] about is that he's back and fighting," White said.

White also confirmed that the winner of an upcoming fight between interim heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir will meet the Couture vs. Lesnar winner sometime in 2009 to unify the titles.

White didn't role out a potential Couture vs. Emelianenko fight -- one that Couture desparately wants -- but said the famed Russian fighter's contract situation could present problems. However, White admitted that he's "always wanted" Emelianenko in the UFC.

Randy & Lesnar on ESPN: http://www.mmahq.com/2008/09/03/couture-and-lesnar-on-espn-first-take-video/

OU4LIFE
9/4/2008, 07:52 AM
srsly, the MMA world is getting all fubar thanks to Dana White.

I mean, Randy wins the HWT title, then they have a fight for the interim title, and Nog wins, now Randy is back and THIS is a title fight? AND, they are promoting the upcoming season ending fight between Nog and Mir as a title fight...for what title....

stupid stupid stupid. If I were Nog, I'd be pissed. If I were Lesnar, I'd keep my mouth shut and train my *** off and try to win. If I were Dana White, I'd shoot myself and turn the UFC over to someone that knows WTF they are doing.

Boomer.....
9/4/2008, 08:18 AM
At least it is bringing some attention to the much fading heavyweight division. White knows what he is doing from a publicity stand point. Bring in Lesnar, a crazy "celeb" fighter. Let him get a few fights under his belt and then let him try and for the title. Of course Dana wants White to win, so Couture better not let it go to the judges.

I think everything will work out after the winners of both matches fight for the actual hw title in 09.

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2008, 01:39 PM
Don't forget UFC 88 on TVU

Go Sugar!

KC//CRIMSON
9/6/2008, 11:31 PM
Wow!

Sugar just knocked out Chuck Liddell. Out cold. One punch.

Boomer.....
9/7/2008, 07:27 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/iv982r.gif

Bring on Griffin vs Evans.

KC//CRIMSON
9/7/2008, 07:33 PM
Bring on Griffin vs Evans.

I think Machida or Rampage should get first crack.

Boomer.....
9/7/2008, 08:05 PM
UFC 88 winner Rashad Evans granted title shot with Forrest Griffin

by Dann Stupp on Sep 07, 2008 at 3:05 am ET
ATLANTA - With his stunning one-punch knockout victory over Chuck Liddell at this past Saturday's "UFC 88: Breakthrough" event, Rashad Evans has claimed top contender's status in the UFC and has been granted a title shot with current 205-pound champ Forrest Griffin.

UFC President Dana White confirmed in the post-event press conference that Evans will get the immediate title shot -- one that was all but promised to Liddell.

White wouldn't release a date for the upcoming championship tilt, but he made it very clear Evans had earned his shot.

"(UFC CEO) Lorenzo (Fertitta), (UFC matchmaker) Joe (Silva) and I got together and thought yeah, he deserves the title shot," White said. "How could you say, 'No, he doesn't deserve the shot' after [the Liddell fight]?"

White said he had a date in mind but wouldn't share it until the organization has the opportunity to announce some other upcoming cards.

However, the organization's year-end Dec. 27 card in Las Vegas would seem a logical choice.

After a cautious but effective first round, Evans finally connected with the big blow mid-way through the second. In the latest coup for Team Jackson's army of upset artists, Evans used a Liddell-like overhand right to stop his opponent cold. Liddell hit the mat instantly, and he lay motionless on the canvas for more than a minute before he finally awoke and quickly jumped to his feet.

As MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously reported, White recently said that -- if he were to get by Evans, as most people expected -- Liddell would get his chance to reclaim the title. Even Griffin himself stated in a recent UFC fan club Q&A that he was rooting for Liddell, since it'd likely lead to a bigger overall event and, one would assume, a bigger potential payday.

Instead, that shot will go to his still-undefeated opponent.

For Evans, the heavyweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter 2," this latest victory was the one, signature win missing from his resume. The victory moved his overall record to 12-0-1, which includes a spectacular 7-0-1 mark in the UFC.

OU4LIFE
9/8/2008, 08:38 AM
I'm picking the honkey over evans.

tbl
9/8/2008, 03:38 PM
Well boys... this was my first ever live UFC event. Very good event overall and I was thrilled with it. It didn't hurt that I got free tickets to the Philips Suite at Philips Arena (selling lighting finally pays off!).

Here's my take.

Ryo Chonan (12-8) def. Roan Carneiro (14-9)
This fight was incredibly boring and well deserving of all the boo's it received. I didn't care who won, I just wanted it to be over with. I was hoping this wouldn't set the tone for the night. Fortunately it didn't.

Jason MacDonald (22-10) def. Jason Lambert (23-9)
I've never been thrilled with McDonald, but he was essentially choked out, saved by the bell, then comes back to choke out Lambert. Overall not a bad fight. We were at least treated to our first submission/KO.

Tim Boetsch (8-2) def. Mike Patt (15-3)
Poor Mike Patt. I knew what was coming and Boetsch did not disappoint. I really don't know how far he could go in the UFC, but he's definitely fun to watch. All he needs to do is add a Conan helmet to his entrance.

Kurt Pellegrino (18-4) def. Thiago Tavares (17-3)
Fight of the night, no doubt. Great grappling, great submission attempts, great striking. Just a good ole fight. I wouldn't have had a problem with either guy winning it as the third was the decider.

Dong Hyun Kim (11-0-1) def. Matt Brown (10-7)
I thought Kim clearly won this fight and I was yelling at the crowd to stop booing. It didn't help things that Rogan came in and called it "controversial" and told Brown that he thought he won the fight. Everybody around me thought Joe might have smoked a doobie before the fight as it seemed pretty clear to all of us. The chants of USA and the boo's were ridiculous and embarrassed me personally. I started cheering for Kim hardcore, hoping it might catch on or that it might come through on TV. Alas for booze and rednecks....

Nathan Marquardt (30-8-2) def. Martin Kampmann (13-2)
Nate the great looked dynamite. It looks like it should be the two latest Silva defeats to square off against one another to see who gets to get beat by him again.

Dan Henderson (23-7) def. Rousimar Palhares (17-2)
I love Hendo, but this one was a snoozer. I'm not sure how it came through on TV, but it was very boring and aside from a few of Hendo's explosions VERY underwhelming. I thought he won, but blah....

Rich Franklin (26-3) def. Matt Hamill (6-2)
The good guy against the good guy. Why put these guys against each other at this point? Oh well. It was still a good fight. Those body kicks were killing Hamill, but I think he was also a little intimidated fighting Rich. He didn't act aggressive at all and it was only a matter of time before Ace landed the inevitable liver kick, ala Bas Rutten. Class finish by Rich's corner and Rich as well. I think they all went backstage for a spooning session afterward.

Rashad Evans (17-0-1) def. Chuck Liddell (21-6)
Ho-ly crap. Like 99% of the people there I was pulling for Liddell and thought he had this one in the bag. After the most brutal KO I've ever seen (and most definitely the most brutal KO the Iceman has ever experienced) I had a newfound respect for Rashad. Yet again booze and rednecks won out and a lot of those idiot were still booing him, though not as many as were coming in as earlier. I mean how do you boo a guy after that? Freaking idiots might have ruined the UFC coming back to Atlanta for a while. Apparently the camera's didn't show the stretcher or how serious it looked for Liddell on TV. I'm tellin ya Chuck didn't move for a good 6 minutes. I mean stone still, legs not moving, not even his toes twitching. At the angle his head was turned I seriously thought he might have broken his neck. Finally they pulled his legs up and we saw the mohawk pop up onto a stool. I was pretty relieved as it really looked bad. Title shot for Rashad IMO. No doubt about it. The guy is undefeated and has beaten some quality opponents. You could possibly argue that he should maybe fight Machida to see who gets the shot, but I think Joe Silva knows what a snoozefest that one would be.

Outside the arena (next to a curb) I walked past Karo hanging out on his crutches. I thought about talking to him, getting a pic, or kicking one of his crutches out from underneath him, but I stand by my dislike for him and felt the need to go relieve the babysitter.

There was one corner of the floor where all the stars kept going to take pics and sign autographs. What was up with that? Is that something they typically do? That was the only corner getting any love and it got it from everyone from Forrest and Rampage to Mike Goldberg and Bruce Buffer. I was thinking maybe that was where the UFC insider people were (or whatever that group is that pay money for early tix and stuff).

Overall, it was awesome and if the UFC ever comes close to you, GO!

Rhino
9/8/2008, 10:38 PM
Evan Tanner dead at 37. (http://www.tmz.com/2008/09/08/ufc-fighter-missing-body-found/)

Dang.

edit: here's the announcement from the UFC. (http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=14429)

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 07:23 AM
holy crap

tbl
9/9/2008, 12:43 PM
When he first left on this little expedition, I had a feeling it would be an "Into the Wild" experience, though he denied it on his blog. What a shame. He was a little kooky, but a nice guy and a pioneer for MMA.

OU4LIFE
9/9/2008, 01:12 PM
and he seemed a genuinely nice guy.

Big Red Ron
9/9/2008, 07:38 PM

Silva's gone down FOUR times.I've always thought Fedor had "it" whatever "it" is.

I know his time has passed and yeah he's a prick and all, yada, yada, but I thought Matt Hughes was a very impressive fighter. Maybe even was at one point the pound for pound best fighter.

I just hate that Matt Hamill lost, I didn't see the fight but I thought he was robbed (absolutely screwed over) when he fought Bisping in England.

KC//CRIMSON
9/10/2008, 11:18 AM
I'm picking the honkey over evans.

The thing about Griffin is that he is so lanky. It's really hard for people to get in close on him and tie him up. He's also not much of a brawler anymore, he's gone to a more disciplined fight plan with more emphasis on striking and scoring.

If it goes to a scoring match he'll win, no problem. If they throw down and brawl, Griffin could be in trouble. IMO.

tbl
9/18/2008, 09:51 AM
Yup. Don't forget that the same guy to beat the Iceman and Griffin (Jardine) is best friends with Rashad and they train together all the time. That obviously helped Rashad last time, though Forrest is most definitely not as 1 dimensional as Chuck.

I'm still going with Forrest.

KC//CRIMSON
10/2/2008, 05:49 PM
UFC 92 Is Stacked

Heavyweight Interim battle between Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Frank Mir, UFC 92 will also feature Forrest Griffin defending his light-heavyweight belt against Rashad Evans, and the third battle between Quinton “Rampage” Jackson and Wanderlei Silva; the event will go down on December 27th at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Other likely fights include…

Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister
Cheick Kongo vs. Mustafa Al-Turk
C.B. Dollaway vs. Jorge Rivera
Ryo Chonan vs. Brad Blackburn

Boomer.....
10/3/2008, 08:32 AM
Great card and just after possibly the most popular PPV ever with Couture and Lesnar.

bri
10/4/2008, 08:06 PM
Meanwhile, in the bush leagues, Ken Shamrock is forced to pull out of tonight's EliteXC fight with Kimbo Slice due to a boo-boo over his eye. Now I don't have to watch their crappy show. :D

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 08:18 PM
Fight one coming up.

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 08:21 PM
I thought fight one was almost over until they started making out with each other...

I think they are gonna hump here in a sec...:eek:

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 08:22 PM
I see lots of blood...

Not sure what it came out of...:eek:

StoopTroup
10/4/2008, 08:23 PM
Dear CBS...your feed sucks.

bri
10/4/2008, 08:28 PM
Somebody wake me up when the hot chick fights. :D

Boomer.....
10/4/2008, 08:45 PM
Only one is hot, the other not so much. It's on though.

bri
10/4/2008, 08:55 PM
Hot chick is dominating ugly chick. All is as it should be. :D

Boomer.....
10/4/2008, 09:02 PM
Gina wins unanimously and might fight Cyborg next.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2008, 09:32 PM
From what I'm reading at all the MMA sites, Dumbo is still fighting tonight. It will be against Seth Petruzelli.

bri
10/4/2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, they've tapped the back-up tomato can. ;)

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2008, 10:08 PM

Ha! Dumbo should of had a V8.:D

tbl
10/4/2008, 10:27 PM
That was hilarious. Right before the fight I was telling my wife I hope this Petrezelli kicks Kimbo in his big head and knocks him out. I'll take punches though... :D

Did you see the President of EXC on the slow motion replay? He was sitting next to Hulk Hogan and was SCREAMING at the ref "that was the back of the head!!!", apparently panicking while seeing his business go up in flames. Yeah he got one glancing shot on the back of the head, but he was already out and that shot did nothing to him.

Hilarious. MMA fans of the world are very happy right now. The only thing that sucks is that I love Bas and for some reason he's taken Kimbo in. Regardless, this dude needs to be out of MMA and one more like this he will be.

John Kochtoston
10/4/2008, 10:48 PM
Elite XC is pleased to announce that Kimbo Slice will be taking on former heavyweight champion Max Schmelling in the next exciting chapter of Elite XC fights live ... on CBS.

Curly Bill
10/4/2008, 10:57 PM
I heard on the radio that Kimbo got KO'd...and I laughed and laughed. :D

BudSooner
10/5/2008, 10:41 AM
The next show has Kimbo taking on Hornswoggle of WWE.

My money is on horney....heh. It always is. Horny money. Double HEH!

Rhino
10/5/2008, 10:46 PM
Did you see the President of EXC on the slow motion replay? He was sitting next to Hulk Hogan and was SCREAMING at the ref "that was the back of the head!!!", apparently panicking while seeing his business go up in flames. http://webpages.charter.net/gline/skala-kimbo_seth-juggo.gif

bri
10/5/2008, 10:57 PM
Heh.

StoopTroup
10/15/2008, 11:17 AM
ROTFLMAO!

That's awesome.....lol

OU4LIFE
10/15/2008, 11:26 AM

the tomato can decided to tap back.

that was fun to watch.

KC//CRIMSON
10/17/2008, 05:09 PM
UFC 89 Saturday October 18th

MAIN CARD

* Michael Bisping (185) vs. Chris Leben (186)
* Keith Jardine (205) vs. Brandon Vera (203)
* Luiz Cane (206) vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou (205)
* Chris Lytle (170) vs. Paul Taylor (170)
* Marcus Davis (169) vs. Paul Kelly (169)

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Akihiro Gono (171) vs. Dan Hardy (169)
* Shane Carwin (264) vs. Neil Wain (254)
* David Bielkheden (156) vs. Jess Liaudin (155)
* Terry Etim (155) vs. Sam Stout (155)
* David Baron (155) vs. Jim Miller (155)
* Sammy Schiavo (156) vs. Per Eklund (156)

I think the two listed in bold are going to be the best fights of the card.

OU4LIFE
10/20/2008, 07:26 AM
no surprises there really...I thought Vera would do better, but overall pretty boring card. Davis was the only submission I saw.

Boomer.....
10/20/2008, 11:19 AM
The Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor fight was entertaining.

Rhino
10/20/2008, 12:27 PM
The Chris Lytle vs. Paul Taylor fight was entertaining. Yep.

Sokoudjou/Cane was a borefest.

OU4LIFE
10/20/2008, 12:30 PM
figures, I missed the Lytle fight.....of course it'd be the bestest one.

Big Red Ron
10/20/2008, 07:31 PM
I liked Bisping until Matt Hamill beat the living crap out of him in England and they gave him the win anyway. What really p!ssed me off was after the fight Bisping acted like he won a title fight instead of being handed a home cooked gift over a clearly more talented fighter.

OU4LIFE
10/21/2008, 07:18 AM
mmmmm home cooked gift

tbl
10/21/2008, 10:04 AM
I liked Bisping until Matt Hamill beat the living crap out of him in England and they gave him the win anyway. What really p!ssed me off was after the fight Bisping acted like he won a title fight instead of being handed a home cooked gift over a clearly more talented fighter.
No joke. It was incredibly close and that idiot jumped on top of the cage like he had just knocked him out. He's earning his way back in my book, but I still have a bad taste in my mouth over that one...

tbl
10/21/2008, 10:06 AM
figures, I missed the Lytle fight.....of course it'd be the bestest one.

No doubt it was. Those dudes were throwing bombs. For some reason people seemed to think Lytle lost (presumably b/c they were in England), but I thought the judges had it dead on. One judge gave all 3 to Lytle which I disagreed with, but 1 & 2 definitely went to Lytle.

KC//CRIMSON
10/22/2008, 11:28 AM
Elite XC is pleased to announce that Kimbo Slice will be taking on former heavyweight champion Max Schmelling in the next exciting chapter of Elite XC fights live ... on CBS.

Elite XC Down For The Count

Elite XC, which produced seven of the 10 most-watched MMA matches in U.S. history on two CBS specials in recent months, will be closing its doors at the end of the week. This leaves a roster of fighters, including top draws Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano, looking for work in a constricted environment.

Elite XC joins the International Fight League and Bodog Fight as high-profile competitors to the industry leader, the Ultimate Fighting Championship, to fold during the past year.

With deals with CBS and Showtime, the latter a major shareholder, Elite XC had the exposure the other failed challengers lacked, but lost more than $55 million in its two years of operation. Its losses included having a bad television deal in the first year with Showtime, causing them to lose money on every show; losing millions on trying, and failing, to build a website that was designed to be a destination for the MMA community; and purchasing four promotions outright and putting money into a fifth.

One of them, the U.K.-based Cage Rage promotion, set them back $18 million in losses.

“I got a call earlier [Monday] telling me they were shutting down,” said Frank Shamrock, who was a television commentator, a main event fighter and a shareholder in the promotion.

Elite XC’s two biggest attractions, Slice and Carano, are unlikely to be moving to the sport’s highest-profile group. UFC president Dana White has repeatedly said he won’t use Slice, who made his reputation as a backyard streetfighter on YouTube videos but is not the caliber of even a mid-level MMA pro. White also has said he’s not interested in promoting women’s fighting, although Carano’s success as a draw may cause him to reconsider. Her match with Kelly Kobold two weeks ago ended up adding more new viewers than any MMA match on television in the U.S.

Several agents for fighters have been in contact all day with the UFC. Some, like welterweight champion Jake Shields, would be welcomed into the promotion.

It had been widely known that due to the losses, and the inability to raise new capital, that the Elite XC would either be sold to Showtime or be forced to fold by the end of the year. Others within the company said bankruptcy papers would be filed.

Kelly Kahl, the CBS senior executive vice president of programming operations who oversaw the three Elite XC events on the station, declined to comment on the situation.

It is not known if CBS will start its own MMA company or strike a deal with one of the two companies left standing, the UFC or Affliction. Affliction was a sponsor and co-promoter of the Oct. 4 show, paying for the Andrei Arlovski-Roy Nelson match. The other active match promotion, Strikeforce, has a late night television deal with NBC, which has had preliminary talks with the company about doing live events.

The Elite XC sale was believed to be close to completion heading into the Oct. 4 show on CBS. The show was a ratings success, beating both Major League Baseball playoff games and both major college football games in the target male 18-49 demographic, but left the brand tainted due to a controversy stemming from the main event.

CBS funded the event because Elite XC didn’t have the money to continue while negotiations for the sale continued.

Ken Shamrock, scheduled as the opponent of Slice, got into a money argument with Elite XC officials before the show, and then, to blow off steam, did a training session in which he suffered a cut above his eye that required stitches. When he returned from the hospital, the Florida State Boxing Commission wouldn’t allow him to fight.

Seth Petruzelli, a journeyman fighter in a light heavyweight preliminary match, was chosen as the fill-in opponent for the 236-pound Slice, and the scenario couldn’t have gone worse, as Slice charged in, Petruzelli threw a jab on one leg and still knocked Slice down, and finished him with punches on the ground in 14 seconds.

While CBS officials were thrilled with the ratings, a controversy over a radio interview done by Petruzelli looks to have foiled the purchase.

“The promoters kind of hinted to me and they gave me the money to stand and trade with him,” Petruzelli said two days after the fight on “The Monsters in Orlando” radio show. “They didn’t want me to take him down.

“Let’s just put it that way. It was worth my while to try and stand up and punch with him.”

The next day Petruzelli said that what he meant was that he was offered a bonus for a knockout. Jeremy Lappen the head of operations for Elite XC confirmed Petruzelli got a knockout bonus, believed to be between $20,000 and $30,000 to go along with his $35,000 guarantee and $15,000 win bonus, but not a submission bonus.

A media outcry followed, with accusations a company official tried to manipulate the fight in favor of Slice, even though it backfired, leading to an investigation by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations. The question was whether Petruzelli was offered a bonus to not take Slice down, which would be illegal, as opposed to a knockout bonus, which is legal and not uncommon.

With the investigation started, Showtime pulled out of negotiations and people inside the company were being told all day that Elite XC was shutting down.

Keith Kizer, executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, said Monday that he had not received word that the next show, scheduled for Nov. 8, in Reno, Nev., had been canceled.

But the website Graciefighter.com, which represents Cesar Gracie, the manager of Nick Diaz, who was scheduled to fight next month, wrote Monday night, “We are confirming that Elite XC has folded. What this means for our fans and supporters is that there will not be a Nick Diaz vs. Eddie Alvarez fight on Nov. 8.”

stonecoldsoonerfan
10/26/2008, 06:46 AM
i couldn't believe that leben got beat up by bisping as badly as he did. he simply couldn't mount any significant offense against the guy. he's got the heart of a lion and an iron chin, but it didn't get the job done against bisping. i like leben, but i seriously doubt that he'll be top shelf mma.

tbl
10/26/2008, 04:31 PM
That was an odd finish. I don't like to think Cote quit, but he sure was walking around just fine after the fight. It's too bad. I had the feeling the Spider was ramping up to bring the thunder.

Kos got beat, and that's always good, but unfortunately not via brutal KO. He got close a couple of times, but no cigaro

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/3/2008, 09:46 PM
just saw on espn's crawltape that chris leben just got popped with a 9 month suspension for steroids.

bri
11/3/2008, 10:24 PM
http://withleather.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/sethaskimbp.jpg

Heh. (http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=11342)

Big Red Ron
11/4/2008, 12:35 AM
I hear Brock Lesner is going to fight randy couture. WOW, that could be a good fight.

OU4LIFE
11/4/2008, 08:03 AM
you can guarantee it won't go 5 rounds.

KC//CRIMSON
11/4/2008, 09:28 AM
you can guarantee it won't go 5 rounds.

It might not go five seconds.:D

OU4LIFE
11/4/2008, 09:47 AM
I'd love to see it get to the ground at least once and see how brock has progressed.

Randy's a good dude, pretty decent sized guy, but this isn't Tim Silvia, or Gabe Gonzaga here....Brock CUTS to get to 265...I think he'd be hard to handle Greco Roman style for Randy.

I hope it's fun

KC//CRIMSON
11/4/2008, 10:11 AM
After watching the last two Lesnar fights, it still baffles me how someone with so many accolades in wrestling looks completely lost when the fight goes to the ground. He just looks awkward.

Randy is a good guy and a good MMA fighter, but I think people put way too much weight in that Sylvia fight.

Sooner_Bob
11/4/2008, 06:04 PM
Randy is a good guy and a good MMA fighter, but I think people put way too much weight in that Sylvia fight.

Why? Because Fedor dropped him in 36 seconds it makes Randy's win look bad?

People bag on Timmy way too much IMO. He's not the greatest, but he definitely ain't the worst HW out there. He had Big Nog beat, but didn't finish him off.

KC//CRIMSON
11/4/2008, 06:48 PM
Why? Because Fedor dropped him in 36 seconds it makes Randy's win look bad?

People bag on Timmy way too much IMO. He's not the greatest, but he definitely ain't the worst HW out there. He had Big Nog beat, but didn't finish him off.

No, I'm just saying that Randy's HW career isn't exactly too impressive. It took him five rounds to beat Sylvia, and we all know what became of Gonzaga. Other than that what else has he done? Nothing.

People are dying too see Couture vs Fedor and why? IMO Randy isn't even in the top five HW.

OU4LIFE
11/5/2008, 09:44 AM
I don't really want to see anyone vs. Fedor.

I mean, why bother, the dude will just destroy them.

Boarder
11/5/2008, 10:37 AM
I'd like to see Fedor vs Kimbo Slice. It'd be fun to watch Slice go down in a crumpled heap from an actual punch.

OU4LIFE
11/5/2008, 10:52 AM
you don't pay attention much do you....

Boarder
11/5/2008, 10:57 AM
YOU don't pay attention much.

Boarder
11/5/2008, 10:58 AM
Booger Face

OU4LIFE
11/5/2008, 11:19 AM
Ford lover.

OU4LIFE
11/5/2008, 11:20 AM
aw yeah...now WHAT...WHAT?!

Boarder
11/5/2008, 01:48 PM
That's low, man.

OU4LIFE
11/5/2008, 02:58 PM
WINNAH!

KC//CRIMSON
11/14/2008, 09:33 PM
UFC 91 Couture/Lesnar Weigh-In

jJ5zLzfO_7I

tbl
11/14/2008, 11:50 PM
yesssss...... War Randy!

tbl
11/16/2008, 12:29 AM
Well crap...

KC//CRIMSON
Well that went about the way I thought it would. I have to say I was really impressed with Couture. I think he had the right game plan but chose to deviate from it and go toe to toe which was his downfall. If he had continued to clinch and hold Brock against the fence he might of had better chance to win the fight. Lesnar was out of gas early.

I think Couture gave everyone the blue print on how to beat Lesnar. I can't wait to see this guy take on Mir, Big Nog, and hopefully Fedor.

tbl
Now I'm rooting for Big Nog to beat Mir. Big Nog will give Brock a FIT. I don't see Brock winning that one.

tbl
11/16/2008, 12:31 AM
Fedor would absolutely destroy him. DESTROY him. Heck I think Arlovski would probably beat him fairly easily.

Yup, Randy shouldn't have traded with him. He got caught with a glancing blow, but it was coming from a giant and nicked him right behind the ear.

bri
11/16/2008, 12:32 AM
Did he F5 him?

I still haven't really adjusted to Brock Lesnar: Legitimate MMA Fighter. :D

KC//CRIMSON
11/16/2008, 12:38 AM
Now I'm rooting for Big Nog to beat Mir. Big Nog will give Brock a FIT. I don't see Brock winning that one.

Agree. Big Nog has been blasted by the best over and over again and has never been knocked out. IMHO the best iron chin of all time. Lesnar would have to knock him out to win a fight. If it goes to the ground, Lesnar would be in some serious deep *hit. Big Nog's ground game is second to none.

We shall see. I expect Big Nog to beat Mir.

stonecoldsoonerfan
11/16/2008, 03:07 PM
mir and nouguerra will be a great fight, imo. "closer than the experts think".

Boomer.....
11/16/2008, 08:59 PM
I definitely see Nog beating Mir. Nog vs Lesnar will be a good fight.

OU4LIFE
11/17/2008, 09:03 AM
Agree. Big Nog has been blasted by the best over and over again and has never been knocked out. IMHO the best iron chin of all time. Lesnar would have to knock him out to win a fight. If it goes to the ground, Lesnar would be in some serious deep *hit. Big Nog's ground game is second to none.

We shall see. I expect Big Nog to beat Mir.

Dude, Herring damn near knocked him out, if he'd had ANY finishing skills at ALL he'd have pwned Nog. He flat decked him and didn't capitalize on it. If Nog decides to trade with Lesnar like he did Herring, you're gonna see the same results, a knockdown and Lesnar won't let him survive it.

I know everyone like to hate on Brock, but the dude is still completely raw as far as MMA goes, but he's gigantic and can punch...once he's progressed in his BJJ, he really will be amazing.

Sooner_Bob
11/17/2008, 01:36 PM
Randy, Randy, Randy . . . you deviated from your game plan and paid for it.

And KC, as far as Randy's overall career goes, how can you honestly not consider Randy a top all-time HW/LHW is beyond me.

Fighting for and winning the UFC belts he has stands on its own as far as I'm concerned.

KC//CRIMSON
11/17/2008, 06:22 PM
Dude, Herring damn near knocked him out, if he'd had ANY finishing skills at ALL he'd have pwned Nog. He flat decked him and didn't capitalize on it. If Nog decides to trade with Lesnar like he did Herring, you're gonna see the same results, a knockdown and Lesnar won't let him survive it.

I know everyone like to hate on Brock, but the dude is still completely raw as far as MMA goes, but he's gigantic and can punch...once he's progressed in his BJJ, he really will be amazing.

Actually, Herring kicked him in the jaw with his shin, and it still didn't knock him out.:D It was a fluke anyway. Nog has already beat Herrings *ss three times convincingly. Like I said, Lesnar would have to knock him out to win the fight. If the fight goes to the ground, I think Nog will submit him worse than Mir already has.

I agree that Brock will get better, but history has shown that guys his size never last long in this sport. Guys like him have so much muscle, it's impossible for the body to supply enough oxygen for long periods of time. In other words, he has to end fights quickly. He can't go five rounds with a seasoned expierenced HW. IMO.

KC//CRIMSON
11/17/2008, 06:27 PM
Randy, Randy, Randy . . . you deviated from your game plan and paid for it.

And KC, as far as Randy's overall career goes, how can you honestly not consider Randy a top all-time HW/LHW is beyond me.

Fighting for and winning the UFC belts he has stands on its own as far as I'm concerned.

He is one of the top of all time. I just don't consider him one of the best HW's of all time.

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2008, 10:58 PM
Heh.

Lesnar's ground game is just fine. He got trapped in a rookie mistake in one fight and everyone thinks he has no ground game.

KC//CRIMSON
11/17/2008, 11:45 PM
Heh.

Lesnar's ground game is just fine. He got trapped in a rookie mistake in one fight and everyone thinks he has no ground game.

If by ground game you mean thunder fist, then yeah he's got a ground game.

I don't think you're going to see Lesnar Omoplata anyone anytime soon.

Were you not the one that said, "Wow, that guy sure is good at punching people in the head!":D

Frozen Sooner
11/17/2008, 11:49 PM
He is really good at punching people in the head.

He's also really really good at grappling. No, he's not a BJJ master, but there's a reason he was a collegiate all-american.

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 08:28 AM
Collegiate all-american wrestler vs BJJ Black Belt = no contest.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 11:50 AM
Randy Couture was a collegiate wrestler. Coached Oregon State for a while, IIRC.

I ain't saying that Lesnar shouldn't learn BJJ. From all accounts, he is. But just supposing he has no ground game is kind of silly. There's plenty of former collegiate wrestlers running around UFC doing just fine.

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 12:23 PM
I agree with you Froz, some are doing very well.

but top level BJJ pwns collegiate wrestler every time.

And don't compare Couture, he was OLYMPIC level Greco Roman...that's obviously a few steps above collegiate AA

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 12:55 PM
Olympic ALTERNATE.

And I'd probably disagree with an Olympic-level wrestler being a few steps above a collegiate AA. You have to finish in the top four of your weight class for AA. Which means you're one of the top 10 or so wrestlers in the country at any given time, which means that on any given day you might either beat or lose to any of the other top ten. Lesnar wasn't just an AA, for what it's worth-he placed second in 1999 and first in 2000. I have no doubt at all that had he remained an amateur he would have been invited to the Olympic trials.

And yes, a top-level BJJ fighter will generally beat a top-level wrestler IF the BJJ fighter can get him to the ground. That's obviously going to be difficult with Lesnar-he's hard to take down (one area where his wrestling background is very helpful).

I'm not saying Lesnar's ground game is equivalent to Anderson Silva or something. I'm just saying that he's not completely helpless down there.

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 01:42 PM
to be an alternate, do you have to be 'olympic level'?

ah, thought so.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 02:02 PM
If you want to think of it that way, OK. ;) What was Couture's Olympic record again? Something on the same order as mine? :D

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 02:59 PM
ok, so I said he was Olympic level. You corrected my obvious stupidity by replying Olympic ALTERNATE...which it's painfully obvious does not compare to Olympic competitor.

Now you're saying that you can take him.

I'm so dumb.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 03:21 PM
Actually, what I'm saying is that Couture and Lesnar are both pussies.

OU4LIFE
11/18/2008, 03:22 PM
ah, now I see it.

Frozen Sooner
11/18/2008, 03:23 PM
Wow. I'm really surprised that's not starred out.

Sooner_Bob
11/19/2008, 11:11 AM
If Lesnar is on top when they get to the ground he's fine, but how would he be when he's on his back?

Regardless who he fights next he's going to have his hands full.

Nate Quarry has a decent stand up, but did you guys see what Damian Maia did to him when they went to the ground? That was some awesome BJJ.

tbl
11/20/2008, 03:49 PM
All in all, a solid wrestling background is probably the best base to have, but you have to have basic BJJ defense and skills. I bet Brock is learning BJJ pretty well and is good enough to hang with most heavyweights, however he'll be coming against a seriously skilled fighter in Nog (assuming Nog beats Mir, which I believe and hope he will). Like has been said, iron chin and arguably the best HW at BJJ. Plus he's just a heck of a nice guy. :D

One thing I noticed about 91 that wasn't discussed yet; every fight they aired (which included at least two prelims due to all the stoppages) all ended in KO's or subs. Not one fight went to the cards. I don't EVER recall a UFC event where that happened. Did any of the unaired prelims go to a decision? What a great night of fights...

I just don't think we'll ever see a night like that again. What a great recovery from the UFC 90-knee.

tbl
11/20/2008, 03:51 PM
Rumor is Spider vs Iceman for UFC 94. This could be Chucks retirement party...

UFC 92 is going to blow my mind. Forrest v Rashad... Nog v Mir... Rampage v Silva III... Are you frigging kidding me???

Boomer.....
11/20/2008, 04:30 PM
91: Couture vs Lesnar
92: Griffin vs Evans, Nog vs Mir, Rampage vs Silva, and a few other good fights
94: Penn vs GSP, Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva, and Silva vs Liddell (possible)

Great time to be a UFC fan.

Sooner_Bob
11/21/2008, 03:42 PM
91: Couture vs Lesnar
92: Griffin vs Evans, Nog vs Mir, Rampage vs Silva, and a few other good fights
94: Penn vs GSP, Lyoto Machida vs Thiago Silva, and Silva vs Liddell (possible)

Great time to be an MMA fan.

Fixed

;)

Boomer.....
11/22/2008, 02:48 PM
*sigh*

star1
12/11/2008, 05:48 AM
A Muslim Terrorist Richard Ibrahim based in the UK has been charged with his son Andrew Ibrahim with offences under the Terrorism Act relating to explosive substances.
If only the UK had the Death Penalty that would cure these Muslim Radicals.:mad:

tbl
12/13/2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks noob.

ANYWAY... The fight for the troops card had some really good fights. I was most impressed with Ben "whats his name" and the vicious striking he was laying down.

Fights tonight have been pretty good so far. I think Anthony Johnson will be a force in the WW division in the future. He's awesome now, but he's still young and has a lot to learn. He's just very dynamic, strong, and tall for the WW's. Good stuff.

Sooner_Bob
12/15/2008, 11:44 AM
I was impressed with Bader and Efrain . . . Junie might have won the whole show had he fought like he did on Saturday night.

Boomer.....
12/15/2008, 11:53 AM
Junie Browning looked very much improved. I was thinking that Vinni would beat Bader because of him BJJ but Bader's strength was too much. Vinni looked like a dying fish and just rolled over and acted dead. It looked weird.

OU4LIFE
12/15/2008, 03:43 PM
Forcing vinny to stand up killed him.....the guy has nothing on his feet. If he even had a LITTLE bit of stand up, he'd be very dangerous.

Junie, feh....he's just too much of a doosh to care what he does anymore.

Very happy for Efrain.

Sooner_Bob
12/15/2008, 04:15 PM
Anyone else want to see Bader and Krzysztof square off in the octagon?

OU4LIFE
12/15/2008, 04:18 PM
I think Bader would pwn him.

Boomer.....
12/15/2008, 04:24 PM
Krystof's (sp) fighting style reminds me of Jardine. Goofy. I think Bader would win also.

KC//CRIMSON
12/15/2008, 05:50 PM
Can't wait until UFC 92. What a great card!

Predictions.....

Griffin over Evans
Big Nog over Mir
The Axe Murderer over Rampage

tbl
12/16/2008, 05:15 PM
I tend to agree, though I've learned one cannot count Rashad out.

Boomer.....
12/16/2008, 05:25 PM
I am about 50/50 with the Griffin vs Evans fight. Also, I think Rampage will make a comeback and beat Silva.

OU4LIFE
12/17/2008, 08:36 AM
the fun part is that any one of those fights could go either way and no one would be surprised.

KC//CRIMSON
12/17/2008, 01:31 PM
the fun part is that any one of those fights could go either way and no one would be surprised.

Exactly. All three are about 50/50.

I'm thinking the Wandy/Rampage fight will be the most exciting to watch due to the fact that these two REALLY don't like each other. Rampage has a lot to prove after losing to Griffin/Playing the Dukes of Hazard with the police/And getting absolutely destroyed by Wandy two previous times. Should be an all out war.

KC//CRIMSON
12/20/2008, 06:08 PM
Arlovski 360

Andrei Arlovski has unveiled the first installment of Arlovski 360, a new video series to hype his upcoming fight with Fedor Emelianenko, and I have to say, it's pretty cool:

jZC7On7izBk

Although I'm not quite ready to buy into the hype that this is "the most anticipated heavyweight fight in mixed martial arts history," I do think Arlovski is doing a very good job of promoting his fight, which is the main event at Affliction: Day of Reckoning on January 24.

The most interesting quote comes from Dino Costeas, Arlovski's jiu jitsu coach: "He's got a great triangle choke from the mount that nobody ever sees, and I'm dying to see him whip it out on somebody."

I think if this fight goes to the ground, that heavily favors Fedor. But it's good to know that Arlovski, whose reputation is for being a great striker, is confident in his ground skills as well. I was already pumped about this fight, and the Arlovski 360 series is getting me more excited about it.-Fanhouse

tbl
12/21/2008, 05:07 PM
If its not the best HW fight in MMa history, its definitely up there. Should be awesome... though Fedor will still destroy him.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 10:40 AM
http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/rampagewand.jpg

just like old times......

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 03:31 PM
UFC Quick Quote: Dana White welcomes Brock Lesnar vs Fedor Emelianenko
By: MMAmania
“God, I hope so. That’s not up to me. I can only try so much. There’s only so much I can do.”

– UFC President Dana White — who recently participated in a great live chat over at MMA Fanhouse — reveals that he is still interested in former Pride FC demigod and current WAMMA Heavyweight Champion, Fedor Emelianenko. White has often referred to him as a “farce,” yet has attempted multiple times to bring him into the UFC fray. The “crazy” Russian handlers who manage him, however, have reportedly demanded too much, including the freedom to participate in the World Combat Sambo championships. Emelianenko is set to defend his title against Andrei Arlovski at Affliction: “Day of Reckoning” on January 24 and Lesnar will compete sometime in early 2009 against the winner of tonight’s bout between Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira and Frank Mir. After Lesnar defeated Couture to win the belt last month, Emelianenko’s American mouthpiece Jerry Millen issued a statement that former professional wrestler wouldn’t “make it out of the first round” against the “Last Empereor.” It’s more than likely time to put up or shut up.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 10:29 PM
Is it just me or does Cheik Kongo rack someone every time he steps in the Octagon?

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 10:46 PM
Wow, didn't think Rampage had it in him, but damn that was a solid shot.

Rhino
12/27/2008, 11:42 PM
I can't tell if Mir looks so ON or Nog looks so OFF.

Mir is taking it to him so far though.

Rhino
12/27/2008, 11:44 PM
Daaaang.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 11:46 PM
I can't tell if Mir looks so ON or Nog looks so OFF.

Both. Good shot though!

SoonerBBall
12/27/2008, 11:48 PM
WAR Mir. Holy ****.

Rhino
12/27/2008, 11:49 PM
Really excited to see Mir/Lesnar now.

KC//CRIMSON
12/27/2008, 11:52 PM
I'm actually kind of surprised the ref stopped the fight after seeing all those beatings Nog has taken in the past and kept going.

Great fight by Mir.

Dear Frank,

Please crush Lesnar's skull.

kplzthnks!

KC//CRIMSON
12/28/2008, 12:21 AM
Whew, somebody's legs are going to be sore tomorrow. Forrest is just too lanky for Rashad. Rashad is really quick though....

KC//CRIMSON
12/28/2008, 12:22 AM
Holy ****!

Quick enough I guess.

Rhino
12/28/2008, 12:23 AM
Damn. Still can't stand Rashad.

KC//CRIMSON
12/28/2008, 12:30 AM
0-3

Nostradamus, ladies and gentlemen!

tbl
12/28/2008, 08:12 PM
Man... Mir looked TOUGH. First guy to ever KO Nog (and make no mistake, Nog was STILL wobbly after the fight was over). I have a feeling Brock is in trouble. With Mir's striking looking like it did, as well as his far superior ground game (and also already having a win over him), Brock should be exposed.

It's a shame Wandy isn't what he used to be. The guy was incredible in Pride, but it just hasn't shaken out for him in the Octagon. It's looking like its time for the new generation to step in and us get used to the old timers phasing out (Hughes, Iceman, Couture, Silva).

So now, the worst possible person to be champ is the champion of one of the most stacked divisions in MMA. Great!

Here's why I cannot stand Rashad Evans. Let me know if I miss any:

He is extremely disrespectful of the sport and his opponents. Grabbing your crotch and blowing a kiss to a guy during a fight? Come on dude...

Any time somebody says they don't like him or he's booed, he plays the race card. Every time. Could it be possible that we don't like you b/c you're a prick, or does it always have to be b/c you're black? Your blackness has nothing to do with why people don't like you. Rampage was embraced by almost everybody after knocking out the golden boy of the UFC, and people loved him for it. Rashad did it and people hated him even more than before (probably just b/c he has more exposure and thus has a greater stage for people to see his prickness). Both black guys... yet...

His wife... Seriously...

Here's to his reign at the top being a short one. Heck, it'll at least give me somebody to root AGAINST, which is always better than being neutral on a fight.

KC//CRIMSON
12/28/2008, 11:56 PM
Well, it's on to UFC 93. Really looking forward to Coleman/Shogun II.

Like I've mentioned elsewhere, it's going to be weird seeing Coleman weighing in at 205lb. (imagine a gorilla turning into an orangutan)

And hopefully Shogun has healed and can get back to the great fighter he used to be before all the injuries. WAR Shogun!

tbl
12/29/2008, 12:11 AM
Orangutans are still pretty effin big... ;)

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 12:14 PM
Is it just me or does Cheik Kongo rack someone every time he steps in the Octagon?

Yes

he

does.

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 12:16 PM
Damn. Still can't stand Rashad.

Welcome to the club. Rashad is as cocky as they come. I'm still miffed that they took the point away from Tito or he would've gotten the decision IMO.

Forrest was off big time. Once it went to the ground it was over. Rashad's gnp is better than I remembered.

Sooner_Bob
1/2/2009, 12:20 PM
Well, it's on to UFC 93. Really looking forward to Coleman/Shogun II.

Like I've mentioned elsewhere, it's going to be weird seeing Coleman weighing in at 205lb. (imagine a gorilla turning into an orangutan)

And hopefully Shogun has healed and can get back to the great fighter he used to be before all the injuries. WAR Shogun!

Coleman at 205 is definitely gonna be weird, but I'm excited to see him fight again. Now if they'd just sign Don Frye to a fight or two . . . :)

I like Hendo, but something tells me Rich is gonna surprise folks. Hendo struggled to get a decision in his last fight and Rich looked pretty good.

Sooner_Bob
1/5/2009, 02:19 PM
So nobody watched CroCop "beat" HMC?

That was a joke.

The best part about the K-1 show was Sakuraba's entrance.

OU4LIFE
1/5/2009, 02:48 PM
???

'splain

KC//CRIMSON
1/5/2009, 04:24 PM
So nobody watched CroCop "beat" HMC?

That was a joke.

The best part about the K-1 show was Sakuraba's entrance.

The biggest surprise was seeing Mark Hunt get KO'd in less than two minutes. I'd like to see Manhoef come to the UFC.

Bring in The Dutch!

KC//CRIMSON
1/15/2009, 04:46 PM
Affliction: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski Preview

mkHYHBm2cOk

KC//CRIMSON
1/16/2009, 04:38 PM
UFC 93 Preview

The stories/bios on Coleman and Shogun are really good.

Part One:
qyqBSIqj0JA

Part Two:
CsMAE5X3Msg

Part Three:
iJJwhcZrUiQ

Part Four:
vwMG-cqL3S8

Part Five:
WejzyXMZFsM

KC//CRIMSON
1/17/2009, 08:07 PM
UFC 93 Results

Video - http://www.mmalinker.com/xExternal.php?vidid=11993

KC//CRIMSON
1/21/2009, 08:05 PM
Fedor: Road To Reckoning

Monday:

5t5ZnNzlGxo

Tuesday:

Nc3sh90tmSI

Heh, you don't search Fedor for weapons. HE IS THE WEAPON!

KC//CRIMSON
1/22/2009, 12:54 PM
Fedor: Baddest Man On The Planet

Part One:
eBnJ7tB7AhA

Part Two:
ioNp7agQ_-Q

Part Three:
Iu-4330nEog

Part Four:
vO_Pz8OYSdI

Part Five:
_jmKoxu0V_w

Part Six:
FQF0TvCQPpQ

tbl
1/22/2009, 02:39 PM
UFC 93 Results

Video - http://www.mmalinker.com/xExternal.php?vidid=11993

Is there even a point in bringing that crap card up again? Good grief... talk about a batch of sorry fights.

KC//CRIMSON
1/23/2009, 12:31 AM
Is there even a point in bringing that crap card up again? Good grief... talk about a batch of sorry fights.

Yeah, not very exciting. I expected Henderson to win, although I thought it would be by KO.

And Shogun looked really good until he blew a hole in his gas tank. Good grief his cardio needs work. He never had to go the distance in Pride, maybe that's why?

Anywhoo, really good card for this weekends Affliction Day Of Reckoning.

KC//CRIMSON
1/24/2009, 12:40 PM
Affliction Day Of Reckoning Full Card

* WAMMA Heavyweight Championship bout: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski
* Heavyweight bout: Josh Barnett vs. Gilbert Yvel
* Light Heavyweight bout: Renato Sobral vs. Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou
* Middleweight bout: Matt Lindland vs. Vitor Belfort
* Lightweight bout: Chris Horodecki vs. Dan Lauzon
* Heavyweight bout: Paul Buentello vs. Kirill Sidelnikov

KC//CRIMSON
1/24/2009, 10:51 PM
Damn! Vitor Belfort with a lightening rod.

Rhino
1/24/2009, 11:41 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP.

KC//CRIMSON
1/24/2009, 11:44 PM
Well, he lasted longer than I thought he would.....:D

Rhino
1/24/2009, 11:47 PM
"Let me tell ya how you're feelin' right now"

Maybe Tito should stick to fighting.

Rhino
1/24/2009, 11:49 PM
To be fair, Arlovski is almost as big of a chump as Tim Sylvia.

But, Fedor is awesome.

Get him in the UFC now, dammit. I don't care how. Just do it.

KC//CRIMSON
1/25/2009, 12:00 AM
To be fair, Arlovski is almost as big of a chump as Tim Sylvia.

But, Fedor is awesome.

Get him in the UFC now, dammit. I don't care how. Just do it.

To fight who? Please don't say Lesnar. And Arlovski and Sylvia are still top 10-15 HW's.

As of tonight, Fedor has pwned five UFC Heavyweight Champions, and counting....

Rhino
1/25/2009, 12:31 AM
Mir, Nog, Lesnar. Heck, even Couture. I just think they (yes, even Lesnar) are better competition than Arlovski or Sylvia. I've seen Arlovski and Sylvia fold too many times to think of them as elite fighters.

And, top 10-15 HW in MMA isn't saying much. There's a handful of good fighters with a slew of also-rans in that division.

I think Fedor has the upper hand in all those fights - I just want to see him fight at the highest stage.

KC//CRIMSON
1/25/2009, 12:48 AM
Mir, Nog, Lesnar. Heck, even Couture. I just think they (yes, even Lesnar) are better competition than Arlovski or Sylvia. I've seen Arlovski and Sylvia fold too many times to think of them as elite fighters.

And, top 10-15 HW in MMA isn't saying much. There's a handful of good fighters with a slew of also-rans in that division.

I think Fedor has the upper hand in all those fights - I just want to see him fight at the highest stage.

See, that's the whole thing. People think the UFC is the pinnacle of MMA. When the truth is, there are great fighters all over the world. IMO, the best HW's don't even fight in the UFC. I mean when a guy with no MMA expierence comes into the UFC and after three fights is the HW Champ, what does that say about your division to begin with?

Fedor vs Mir would be interesting, except Fedor would submit him. Same with Lesnar. Couture too old, Fedor by KO. And he's already smashed Nog three times.

If guys want to fight Fedor they're going to have to beg DW to fight outside of the UFC. I just think DW has burned too many bridges in the Fedor camp.

Rhino
1/25/2009, 01:14 AM
I get that UFC isn't necessarily the top. But besides Fedor, who out there is better than Mir or Big Nog? After Fedor submits Barnett, who does he have to face?

I know he beat Nog twice in decisions. But who (talking Americans here) outside of hardcore PRIDE fans saw that? I want to see Fedor exposed to a bigger audience. I want to see him in a cage, not a boxing ring. I want to see him face guys like Mir. Heck, I'd love to see him take out Lesnar just because.

It's just upsetting when business and egos get in the way of people's careers. It'll happen eventually, but probably once Fedor is past his prime and not as dominant, which sucks.

KC//CRIMSON
1/25/2009, 02:46 AM
Honestly, out of everyone mentioned above, (and I thought this before tonights fight) IMO Josh Barnett will be the toughest fighter left for Fedor until someone better comes along. He has the skills and ground game to possibly hang with Fedor for a while. We shall see....

As far as who is better than Mir or Nog? There are a handful of Russian/Slovic fighters who could really give him a contest. In fact, Fedor actually lost to a really good fighter in a Sambo tournament a few months ago. I know Sambo isn't MMA, but still, he beat Fedor who placed third.

Anywhoo, it's a shame we'll probably never get to see a system where anyone can fight anyone without having to have the same affiliation. Bummer.

tbl
1/26/2009, 08:32 AM
I don't know... Arlovski was doing a very good job in that fight and probably winning the first round before that ghost punch. He was jumping into it as well, so all his momentum coming down into Fedors fist is probably not a good thing.

He's not unbeatable. No doubt he's the greatest, but one could day he got lucky on that one.

Boomer.....
1/26/2009, 11:08 AM
Arlovski did look good until that odd knockout.

In other news, The California Kid got back into his winning ways Sunday night with a tap out of Jens Pulver.

KC//CRIMSON
1/26/2009, 07:39 PM
I don't know... Arlovski was doing a very good job in that fight and probably winning the first round before that ghost punch. He was jumping into it as well, so all his momentum coming down into Fedors fist is probably not a good thing.

He's not unbeatable. No doubt he's the greatest, but one could day he got lucky on that one.

Not a ghost punch. It was calculated and part of a combo. He knocked Cro-Cop senseless with almost the exact same punch.

"He's very accurate with his punches" -Andre Arlovski Post fight interview.

tbl
1/29/2009, 04:26 PM
I agree he's extremely accurate, but Arlovski was in mid-leap. That's not a combo anybody trains for...

tbl
1/29/2009, 04:27 PM
In other news, The California Kid got back into his winning ways Sunday night with a tap out of Jens Pulver.
That was a great fight. The liver punch isn't utilized near as much as it should be.

Boomer.....
1/29/2009, 05:15 PM
<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3kn7d8hf4Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g3kn7d8hf4Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
UFC 94 (Jan 31)
BJ Penn vs GSP II

KC//CRIMSON
1/29/2009, 05:31 PM
Helio Gracie, the father of BJJ and Gracie family patriarch, dead at 95

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/managers-trainers/helio-gracie.jpg

Helio Gracie, the Gracie family patriarch and instrumental figure in the rise of early mixed martial arts, has passed away at the age of 95.

With his older brother Carlos, Helio, who died early Thursday is Rio de Janiero, helped create what we know today as Brazilian jiu jitsu.

With a slight build and weighing no more than 150 pounds, Gracie adapted traditional Japanese jiu-jitsu principles so that leverage and position could make up size differences between opponents.

Called Gracie jiu jitsu, which son Rorion used to help launch the Ultimate Fighting Championship in 1993, the fighting style would soon prove dominant. Another one of Helio's nine sons, UFC hall-of-famer Royce, successfully implemented the strategies in early UFC events despite facing significantly larger opponents.

Royce's and the fighting style's success sparked the explosion of modern jiu jitsu among the martial-arts world.

The discipline, now better known as Brazilian jiu jitsu, remains a key foundation in any MMA education.

Helio, himself, also fought, oftentimes to prove jiu jitsu's dominance over disciplines such as boxing, wrestling and judo. Many of the fights took place in front of remarkably large crowds as Helio became one of Brazil's biggest sports stars.

In one of martial arts' first super fights, nearly 20,000 people watched Helio fight Masahiko Kimura in 1951. Kimura, who outweighed his opponent by nearly 80 pounds, eventually won the fight with a submission that now bears his name.

Four years later, in his final match, Helio fought former student Valdemar Santana in a nearly four-hour Vale Tudo ("no holds barred") match. Santana won the fight after Helio tired, but his nephew Carlos eventually avenged the loss, a common occurrence for a clan committed to the family's honor.

Helio remained a fixture in MMA circles as the family continued his legacy in recent decades. He was oftentimes seen ringside as Gracie members flourished in top MMA organizations around the world.

KC//CRIMSON
2/1/2009, 12:04 AM
No surprise really, but Silva got schooled.

Just a matter of time before Machida is champ. I don't know if anyone can beat him. He's that good.

Boomer.....
2/1/2009, 06:08 PM
GSP is in a league of his own. Wow!

tbl
2/2/2009, 08:45 AM
Machida is dast becoming one of my favorite fighters. He's just so awesome to watch. I cannot WAIT for him to get a shot at Rashad.

GSP isn't quite in a league of his own. Spider & Fedor might have something to say about that... but he definitely belongs there with them. Dude has really developed into the elite class. His wrestling is sick...

KC//CRIMSON
2/4/2009, 05:53 PM
LtcYUfgz8j8

Knippz
2/5/2009, 03:01 AM
Fedor is great. I personally think A. Silva is better. I think if they ever fought at a catch weight, Silva would absolutely school Fedor in standup. I think Fedor only wins by submission, but gets KOed before he can. Same for GSP. I think he shoots for the takedown and gets blasted by knees. I could see another performance by him as the first Serra fight - but no one would be surprised.

Though it's hard to argue against Fedor, because his track record is insane. I'm just ready for this guy to lose already. He will, once he gets competition that isn't washed up.

By the way, to all you Affliction fans who LOVE to trash the UFC - you guys are the most idiotic people EVAR! Duh, Dana White is a dick. Duh, Fedor is the best heavyweight. Duh, Affliction is completely full of washed up fighters, with one or two really good fighters. Duh, it doesn't really even have a roster. It seems to me like every single Affliction fan HATES the UFC. In those cases, those people are idiots. I like both organizations, but seriously, there is no competition between the two. UFC has the most stacked LHW roster with the best LHW in the world (Machida IMO), a good MW roster with the best MW in the world, a great welterweight roster with the best WW in the world, a good lightweight division with the best lightweight in the world, and a decent at best HW division.

We'll take a look at some of the key fighters who fought in the 2 Affliction shows now.

Tim Sylvia - Constantly bashed for years. Got dominated by Couture (who got KOed by Lesnar LOL). After he leaves UFC and sets fight w/ Fedor, everyone stops bashing him and gives Fedor credit for fighting him. I honestly don't know how this guy ever got to be the HW champ. He's awful.

Sokoudjou - Didn't he just get released by the UFC because he lost some 2 or 3 straight fights? Yeahhh.....

Babalu - Never was dominant. Got KOed by Chuck like twice. He had trouble with Bobby Southworth. My least favorite fighter of all time.

Paul Buentello - I love this guy, because he's a hometown guy (Amarillo). But seriously, he couldn't even win the Strikeforce championship.

Arlovski - Got KOed by Sylvia twice. Need I say more?

Lindland - I'd like to point out that this guy is the most overrated MW of all time. He f*cking sucks. Period.

Mike Whitehead - LOL.

Rizzo - Washed up UFC guy.

It goes on and on. I could talk about almost every guy on the Affliction card. UFC has bad fighters too, don't get me wrong. But these Affliction worshiping UFC hating people are stupid and it annoys me. There's no competition.

Sorry about the rant.

Knippz
2/5/2009, 03:12 AM
Oh and before I get blasted, let me clarify that that wasn't a direct shot at anyone on this bored. I just wanted to point this out.

Also to clarify, Fedor is a beast. Dunno who'll beat him.

KC//CRIMSON
2/5/2009, 12:20 PM
I personally think A. Silva is better. I think if they ever fought at a catch weight, Silva would absolutely school Fedor in standup. I think Fedor only wins by submission, but gets KOed before he can.

Cocaine is a helluva drug.....

OU4LIFE
2/5/2009, 01:08 PM
:pop:

Knippz
2/5/2009, 01:50 PM
Cocaine is a helluva drug.....

Fedor just got schooled in standup against Arlovski before he landed a crazy punch that Arlovski jumped into. Anderson is so smart on his feet. He rarely gets hit, never gets hurt. If you watch his fights, it's like (when standing up) he sees everything in slow motion.

If you really think Fedor wouldn't get killed on the feet against Anderson when he was losing to Arlovski, you're crazy. BTW, Anderson has a better reach than Fedor and Arlovski, and uses it much better/faster/accurate than Arlovski. Sorry, but on the feet, Fedor would get murdered...bad.

KC//CRIMSON
2/5/2009, 01:54 PM
Fedor just got schooled in standup against Arlovski before he landed a crazy punch that Arlovski jumped into. Anderson is so smart on his feet. He rarely gets hit, never gets hurt. If you watch his fights, it's like (when standing up) he sees everything in slow motion.

If you really think Fedor wouldn't get killed on the feet against Anderson when he was losing to Arlovski, you're crazy. BTW, Anderson has a better reach than Fedor and Arlovski, and uses it much better/faster/accurate than Arlovski. Sorry, but on the feet, Fedor would get murdered...bad.

Like I said, cocaine is a helluva drug.....

OU4LIFE
2/5/2009, 02:04 PM
:pop: :pop:

Knippz
2/5/2009, 09:00 PM
UFC 95 predictions anyone?

* Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson - Sanchez by stoppage 2nd rd.
* Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham - Hardy decision
* Wilson Gouveia vs. Nate Marquardt - Marquardt...no clue how
* Demian Maia vs. Chael Sonnen - Maia submission 2nd rd.
* Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago - Kos TKO 3rd rd

Knippz
2/7/2009, 06:06 AM
Like I said, I'm trying to sound funny because I have no response. On the feet, Fedor would get schooled by Silva, but Fedor is so far down my throat, I won't admit it.....

Fixed

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2009, 10:47 AM
It's obvious I know nothing about MMA, because my post is so idiotic it doesn't warrant a response.

This.

Knippz
2/7/2009, 03:40 PM
This.

Seriously, aside from my respect for you as an OU fan, you're the typical idiotic Fedor fan. Believe what you want. The fight will never happen anyway. Anderson would slaughter your god on his feet. Fedor would submit Silva quick on the ground. At least I admit where my fighter would lose. If Arlovski never attempts that flying knee, your god looks like a fool (stand-up wise).

To say that I know nothing about MMA is such an ignorant statement too. Because I stated the obvious, you say something irrelevant. I know nothing about MMA, says the guy who goes 0-3 on EASY picks. (Seriously, the only fight you should have missed from the end of the year card was Nog, maybe)

If you really think I know nothing about MMA, then I challenge you to a debate. Accept? While you're at it, instead of hiding behind your obnoxious words, explain why you think Fedor would win on the feet.

KC//CRIMSON
2/7/2009, 04:35 PM
Seriously, aside from my respect for you as an OU fan, you're the typical idiotic Fedor fan. Believe what you want. The fight will never happen anyway. Anderson would slaughter your god on his feet. Fedor would submit Silva quick on the ground. At least I admit where my fighter would lose. If Arlovski never attempts that flying knee, your god looks like a fool (stand-up wise).

To say that I know nothing about MMA is such an ignorant statement too. Because I stated the obvious, you say something irrelevant. I know nothing about MMA, says the guy who goes 0-3 on EASY picks. (Seriously, the only fight you should have missed from the end of the year card was Nog, maybe)

If you really think I know nothing about MMA, then I challenge you to a debate. Accept? While you're at it, instead of hiding behind your obnoxious words, explain why you think Fedor would win on the feet.

The fact that you think a 185lb fighter with four loses (one by Flying Scissor Heel Hook, which is next to impossible to lose by, statistically, by the way) on his record would stand any chance against a guy who is 240lb, undefeated, and the biggest bad *ss alive is just laughable as hell. Who has Silva fought that was worth a *hit besides Henderson and Franklin anyway? I'll give you a hint, nobody.

So, if guys like Big Nog, Hunt, Fujita, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, Cro-Cop, Randlemen, etc etc... can't beat him, let alone knock him out, Anderson Silva is just the guy to do it? Get *ucking real.

Besides, who cares about who *wins* the stand up battle? I care about who wins the fight, and that would be Fedor in a goddamn California landslide. Unfortunately for you, MMA isn't boxing.

Take your argument over to Sherdog and see how long it takes before hundreds of thousands including Anderson Silva fans call you loopy.

Knippz
2/8/2009, 12:46 PM
The fact that you think a 185lb fighter with four loses (one by Flying Scissor Heel Hook, which is next to impossible to lose by, statistically, by the way) on his record would stand any chance against a guy who is 240lb, undefeated, and the biggest bad *ss alive is just laughable as hell. Who has Silva fought that was worth a *hit besides Henderson and Franklin anyway? I'll give you a hint, nobody.

So, if guys like Big Nog, Hunt, Fujita, Sylvia, Arlovski, Coleman, Cro-Cop, Randlemen, etc etc... can't beat him, let alone knock him out, Anderson Silva is just the guy to do it? Get *ucking real.

Besides, who cares about who *wins* the stand up battle? I care about who wins the fight, and that would be Fedor in a goddamn California landslide. Unfortunately for you, MMA isn't boxing.

Take your argument over to Sherdog and see how long it takes before hundreds of thousands including Anderson Silva fans call you loopy.

Sherdog. Laughs out loud.

I really figured you knew more than what you stated. Whatever, let me debunk your theory.

First off, Fedor fights at around 233 lbs, give or take a few pounds. Anderson Silva walks at 220 lbs. Catch weight, make Fedor drop 15 lbs and you've got a fight. Even if he doesn't, they would still both be legal heavyweights at those weights.

Second, every single fighter you named is no where near the caliber striker Silva is. Arlovski would be the closest, who again was winning the stand up battle before he went true Arlovski form and tried to be flashy, and got caught.

Third, we'll move to Anderson's losses. He has four. We'll break them down. One by flying heel hook. Crazy sh*t. Not much to explain, bad loss. One by triangle, which again, was a bad loss. He lost his first fight by decision, which needs no explanation. Guy's first fight. Then he has a DQ loss for kicking Okami in the head on the ground, a fight that he was dominating to that point. So 3 legit losses, none in the past 4 or 5 years.

I know Fedor has no losses. That's awesome and great. With that, he proves he should be ranked the highest. That doesn't mean he can't lose, and I think that Silva would be the guy to put him away.

This is how I think the fight would break down:

A: Fedor decides he can stand up with Silva. Silva is much faster and more accurate, and schools him. Silva either A) finishes Fedor on his feet B) Cuts Fedor with a knee, possible stoppage or C) Wins a decision by more strikes landed, more damage caused.

B: Fedor immediately takes it to the ground. One of two things happen. Either he gets blasted by knees in attempt, or he is successful, and rather quickly submits Silva.

Silva could easily win the fight. Fedor, while a great striker, is no where near the caliber striker that Silva is, nor does he have close to the speed of Spider either. On the ground, Fedor has the advantage with insane transitions and submissions. But, with many different means to a fight, either fighter could win by either way. Fedor's only chance to win that fight is to go to the ground, and I think Silva finishes him first. Too much speed, accuracy, and yes, power.

So congrats on your awesome theory of "Fedor is the biggest bad*ss alive, and only has one loss by cut that makes him invincible. He just can't lose because he's Fedor." Now that's laughable.

Fedor will now be referred to as The Right Reverend Fedor E. Messiah.

KC//CRIMSON
2/8/2009, 01:29 PM
Sherdog. Laughs out loud.

I really figured you knew more than what you stated. Whatever, let me debunk your theory.

First off, Fedor fights at around 233 lbs, give or take a few pounds. Anderson Silva walks at 220 lbs. Catch weight, make Fedor drop 15 lbs and you've got a fight. Even if he doesn't, they would still both be legal heavyweights at those weights.

Second, bla..bla....bla.....

This is insane, but whatever.

My Dad can beat up your Dad too!

KC//CRIMSON
2/8/2009, 01:45 PM
:pop: :pop:

Watch out, or Anderson Silva will eat your popcorn right after he knocks out the best Heavyweight in MMA history.

In other news, Jenks High School just beat OU in a pick up game....

tbl
2/8/2009, 02:12 PM
Dude... I'm the biggest Spider fan out there, but this is ridiculous. I'm not a Fedor mystic, but the odds are infinitely small that Spider would beat Fedor. Sure he's got a punchers chance, but the weight difference is just too much to compensate for. If Spider was a natural HW or Fedor were a natural MW then we could have a serious discussion...

There's a reason its the PFP rankings. They never consider that a lightweight would fight a LHW. It's not like Gomi should be fighting Machida to determine who's the better between the two.

Seriously dude... you need to get your head outta the clouds.

OU4LIFE
2/9/2009, 10:10 AM
yeah, I gotta go with the only chance Spider would have would be a flash knockout from a knee or something.

I'd put heavy money on Fedor 10 out of 10 times....and get paid.

Knippz
2/9/2009, 04:27 PM
Anderson's normal weight is 220. That is heavyweight. I don't know why it seems so radical for him to fight Fedor.

What no one acknowledged is that I said they fight at a catch weight. Catch weight between middleweight and heavyweight is lighheavyweight. At 205, I have full confidence that Anderson could take out Fedor.

Knippz
2/9/2009, 04:34 PM
Watch out, or Anderson Silva will eat your popcorn right after he knocks out the best Heavyweight in MMA history.

In other news, Jenks High School just beat OU in a pick up game....

Seriously, your MMA knowledge is either awful, or you can't think of an argument to win it.

All that anyone has said on this forum thus far is that Fedor would win because he's Fedor. That's it. No evidence, other than he's Fedor, the greatest HW of all time.

While I'm on the subject, I have no BIAS toward either fighter (if you disagree, point it out. Anderson's a better striker, Fedor has better ground/transitions/submissions. I give both fighters credit where they deserve). I simply stated that Anderson COULD very well WIN a fight against Fedor at a catch weight. And that Anderson WOULD ABSOLUTELY DESTROY Fedor in standup. With that stated, anyone PROVE ME WRONG! Prove that I am wrong that Anderson wouldn't destroy Fedor in standup, and wouldn't have a legit shot of winning the fight. (Catch weight people)

Knippz
2/9/2009, 04:38 PM
This is insane, but whatever.

My Dad can beat up your Dad too!

Explain to me why it's insane to fight at a catch weight.

Don't know what your dad has to do with all of this. Unless you consider Fedor your dad?

KC//CRIMSON
2/9/2009, 07:14 PM
Seriously, your MMA knowledge is either awful, or you can't think of an argument to win it.

All that anyone has said on this forum thus far is that Fedor would win Me because he's Fedor. That's it. No evidence, other than he's Fedor, the greatest HW of all time.

While I'm on the subject, I have no BIAS toward either fighter (if you disagree, point it out. Anderson's a better striker, Fedor has better ground/transitions/submissions. I give both fighters credit where they deserve). I simply stated that Anderson COULD very well WIN a fight against Fedor at a catch weight. And that Anderson WOULD ABSOLUTELY DESTROY Fedor in standup. With that stated, anyone PROVE ME WRONG! Prove that I am wrong that Anderson wouldn't destroy Fedor in standup, and wouldn't have a legit shot of winning the fight. (Catch weight people)

Dude, first off, thanks for coming in and tooling up a perfectly good thread that was tool free before your first post. Congrats.

As for your argument, who cares? This fight is never going to happen, and if it did Silva would get his *ss handed to him. That is my opinion and pretty much anyone else who knows anything about MMA. And before you go off on your stand up rabble, Crocop was supposed to be a superior striker, Arlovski was supposed to be a superior striker, Hunt was supposed to be a superior striker.....but look what happens......don't you think its time people stopped sleeping on Fedors striking? You also mention speed, ask Tim Sylvia if Fedor has any speed. He's just as fast if not faster than Silva. That is fact whether you acknowledge it or not.

Silva fighting at 220lb would be a bad weight for him. It would change the dynamics of his ability. Fedor at 220lb would be a wrecking machine. He tools guys a lot bigger than him and certainly has fought fighters with better overall skills than Silva.

Another thing, I could care less about organization affiliation. I guarantee you that if you took Fedor and his current fighting resume and he was a part of the UFC we wouldn't be hearing a peep from you. Lots of UFC fans love taking shots a Fedor. He is not there and probably never will be so it is very safe for them to compare Fedor to UFC fighters.

Me personally? I'd love to see Fedor maul Silva just for *hitz and giggles. And I actually like Silva.

But then all the haters would tell me that Anderson's never been that good and how *insert fightername* is the guy with the style to beat Fedor ,and how Fedor won't be able to deal with his style - which will be unlike any Fedor has faced before.

Then that fight happens and *insert fightername* losses to Fedor, at this stage all haters would tell me that *insert fightername's never been that good and how *insert another fightername* is the guy with the style to beat Fedor ,and how Fedor wont be able to deal with his style - which will be unlike any Fedor has faced before.

Then that fight happens and *insert another fightername* losses to Fedor, at this stage all haters would tell me that *insert another fightername*'s never been that good and how *insert yet another fightername* is the guy with the style to beat Fedor ,and how Fedor wont be able to deal with his style - which will be unlike any Fedor has faced before.......wash rinse repeat.

Nobody likes you when you're the best and on top. It's that way in every sport.

OU4LIFE
2/10/2009, 08:20 AM
Has everyone here heard about my hole-in-one?

well, I figure if we are going to f*ck up a perfectly good thread, I might as well get in on it.

Knippz
2/10/2009, 02:21 PM
Whatever. Debate over. Difference in opinions. I don't hate Fedor, and I honestly don't think he will lose at all anywhere in the near future. He's by far the best heavyweight - no one is close. At the heavyweight class, NO ONE can f*ck with him. He is insane. I have nothing against him.

That being said, I didn't try to "screw up" the thread. Just trying to have friendly debate, but that's impossible with MMA even with fellow Sooner fans. I don't care though, whatever.

Back to the topic at hand. UFC 95 predictions anyone?

OU4LIFE
2/10/2009, 03:51 PM
I don't even know who is fighting, ever since they jacked up the cost I just don'thave any interest anymore.

Rhino
2/10/2009, 07:20 PM
Fedor in the Octagon? Possibly (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/boxing/02/09/fedor.ufc/index.html?eref=T1)

UFC President Dana White still wants Fedor Emelianenko to fight in the Octagon. The thing is, he doesn't believe that Fedor, or at least his handlers, really have a strong interest in the Russian crusher coming to the UFC. Then again, he's not really sure what Fedor and his management wants.

"I want Fedor too, contrary to popular belief," he reiterated recently. In White's mind, it's just a matter of not being able to negotiate with Fedor's camp.

"I have no idea what they want. Everything makes no sense to me. I think they thought, 'You know, we'll partner up with these guys and we'll own a piece of this thing.' It's all mixed signals. You never know what these guys want," he stated, amused frustration in his tone.

"When I first met with these guys, (Fedor's) manager is like, 'Here's what we want to do. My brother is the biggest rock concert promoter over there. So here's what we want. We want you to build an arena in Russia,'" recounted White. "And I'm like, ... timeout.' I want to sign a guy. I'm not looking to build arenas or get into business with you or anything like that. We'll pay him what he wants to be paid. We'll promote and do this and that. But it's not about Fedor when you talk to these guys."

Having built the UFC on the back of strong personal relationships in the fight game when there wasn't all that much money, if any, to throw around, the UFC President hasn't even met the No. 1 heavyweight in the world. "I've never met Fedor! I've never said one (expletive) word to the guy. I've never even seen him face to face."

The Fedor situation has strung out ever since Zuffa (the UFC's parent company) acquired Pride in spring of 2007. When the promotion was finally shuttered due to difficulties in trying to operate in Japan and several fighter contracts were either deemed non-transferrable or nonexistent, the UFC began signing fighters to new contracts. Fedor has been one of the only fighters to elude the MMA juggernaught.

At this point, it doesn't appear the UFC will ever be able to snare his services. White can only throw up his hands in frustration and move on.

"I don't know what they want ... Fedor's one of these guys that, listen, everybody thinks that I won't give Fedor his props and everything. B.J. Penn and Georges St. Pierre and Anderson Silva and every other guy in this company fight the best of the best three times a year. Fedor's not doing that. If he wants to fight guys three times a year, prove he's the best, if he wants to do that, I'm willing to do it with him," says White.

"I don't think he cares about a legacy or any of that kind of stuff," he continued. "I don't know. I'd like to see him fight in the UFC."

tbl
2/11/2009, 01:59 PM
Standup, maybe.... but THIS IS MMA. That involves takedowns and the ground game. Not to say Silva is a chump on the ground b/c his BJJ is awesome...

It's the size dude. Yeah, if Fedor had to cut down to 205, Silva would have a good chance of beating him... but this is fantasyland nonsense.

KC//CRIMSON
2/11/2009, 02:48 PM
fight the best of the best three times a year. Fedor's not doing that. If he wants to fight guys three times a year, prove he's the best,

Open mouth insert foot.

There is no one in the UFC that would challenge Fedor, IMHO. The top three guys that could possibly beat him are Josh Barnett, Sergey Kharitonov, and possibly Allister Overeem or Antonio Silva. You could almost mirror that with Mir, Lesnar, and maybe Gonzaga. Even then they all have a very slim chance.

tbl
2/11/2009, 02:59 PM
I think Mir would pose some interesting problems for Fedor... Not to say I'd put money on it, but I wouldn't discount Mir at all, especially after seeing his standup against Nog. We know what he can do on the ground, and he can hang with Fedor all day on subs.

KC//CRIMSON
2/11/2009, 03:22 PM
I think Mir would pose some interesting problems for Fedor... Not to say I'd put money on it, but I wouldn't discount Mir at all, especially after seeing his standup against Nog. We know what he can do on the ground, and he can hang with Fedor all day on subs.

I would almost buy your argument, except that while Mir's stand up game has gotten better, Fedor has faced strikers who were A LOT better, not to mention Frank has been TKO'd three times. A ground game of BJJ vs Sambo between two big guys would be fun to see though....

TMcGee86
2/11/2009, 04:29 PM
I just can't discount the toll that extra weight would put on Spider. I know he may walk around at that weight, but is he as fast at that weight? I doubt it.
And I happen to think he's the best out there, but I just dont see him being able to overcome the size difference. Nothing against him, just simple physics.

bri
2/12/2009, 10:39 AM
I have nothing to contribute, other than this:

LtcYUfgz8j8

KC//CRIMSON
2/12/2009, 01:54 PM
#439 :D

bri
2/12/2009, 03:49 PM
Yeah, but that's like a whole different page. You think I'm going back that far?

tbl
2/13/2009, 04:40 PM
Man... Zuffa jacked us on that one! What a ripoff...

Knippz
2/16/2009, 11:07 AM
I don't even know who is fighting, ever since they jacked up the cost I just don'thave any interest anymore.

* Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson
* Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham
* Wilson Gouveia vs. Nate Marquardt
* Demian Maia vs. Chael Sonnen
* Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago

That's the main card. And it's a free card to be aired on Spike this Saturday.

Knippz
2/16/2009, 11:09 AM
My picks -

* Diego Sanchez vs. Joe Stevenson - Sanchez by stoppage 2nd rd.
* Dan Hardy vs. Rory Markham - Hardy decision
* Wilson Gouveia vs. Nate Marquardt - Marquardt TKO 2nd rd.
* Demian Maia vs. Chael Sonnen - Maia submission 2nd rd.
* Josh Koscheck vs. Paulo Thiago - Kos TKO 2nd rd

Knippz
2/20/2009, 12:47 PM
No one else is going to make picks? C'mon, I need someone to go against.

tbl
2/20/2009, 10:31 PM
Sanchez
Rory
Nate
Maia
Kos

Knippz
2/22/2009, 01:17 PM
4 for 5 on picks, 0-5 on timing/way of victory.

Curly Bill
2/22/2009, 01:23 PM
How sweet it was to see Koscheck's lights go out.

Ever since Ultimate Fighter I can't stand the guy.

Boomer.....
2/23/2009, 09:08 AM

Agree 100%

tbl
2/23/2009, 12:35 PM
It's always good to see Kos get rocked...

I thought Dirty Sanchez looked great. Dude is weird as mess, but he's always been one of my favorite fighters to watch when he's in top form.

I think Marquardt/Maia needs to be set up soon to see who fights for the belt. Both of those guys are great to watch for completely different reasons and they're both pretty equally deserving of a title shot.

All in all, good card. Much better than I thought it was going to be.

Knippz
2/23/2009, 04:20 PM

The one pick I missed...who honestly thought that would happen?!

Great stuff. I want to see him get destroyed though. The problem is, the 2 people who would have a best chance of destroying him, he has already fought and lost decisions to (Alves and St. Pierre).

I'm also all for Maia vs Marquardt. Not only would it be a sick fight, but I'd waaaay rather the UFC have them fight, and the winner face Anderson, rather than have them both be in line and wait 9 months to see the better one face him.

I think Maia is a scary match-up for Anderson ONLY if he sticks with and executes his gameplan to full effectiveness. He had better get the fight to the ground fast or he stands no chance. He can't do to Silva what he did to Sonnen, or he'll get destroyed. Interesting fight though...hope it happens. UFC 100 maybe? :D

Knippz
3/2/2009, 11:28 AM
Garcia got OWNED! Must've been a Tech fan. :D

KC//CRIMSON
3/3/2009, 04:14 PM
UFC officially announces "UFC 98: Lesnar vs. Mir II" for May 23

http://mmajunkie.com/dyn/images/events/ufc-98-poster.jpg

The UFC today officially announced UFC 98 and a rematch between UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (3-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) and interim heavyweight champion Frank Mir (12-3 MMA, 10-3 UFC).

The two champions will unify the titles at a pay-per-view event on May 23 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

The event is also expected to feature the long-awaited match-up between Matt Hughes and Matt Serra, as well as lightweights Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk and welterweights Chris Wilson vs. Josh Koscheck.

Tickets for the event, which range from $75 to $800, go on sale to the general public beginning this Saturday, March 7 at 1 p.m. EST.

UFC Fight Club members can participate in a pre-sale beginning Thursday, March 5, at 1 p.m. EST, and UFC.com newsletter subscribers can buy tickets beginning Friday, March 6, at 1 p.m. EST.

Lesnar and Mir first met in early 2008 at UFC 81. In just his second professional fight, Lesnar faced the former UFC champion, who had been a shell of his former self since a serious motorcycle injury in 2004.

However, after being battered for a minute and a half with Lesnar's damaging ground and pound, Mir slapped on a kneebar and forced Lesnar to tap out in the first round. It remains the only loss of Lesnar's career.

Since that original meeting, Lesnar defeated Heath Herring to earn a title shot with Randy Couture, whom he TKOd at UFC 91. Mir, meanwhile, defeated Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira at UFC 92 to win the interim title.

"Brock Lesnar has been calling for a rematch with me ever since I beat him the first time," Mir stated. "All I can say to Brock is be careful what you wish for because I'm a better, smarter, stronger and faster fighter than I was the last time. He won’t be able to push me around like he's done (to) smaller opponents, and I'm looking forward to becoming undisputed champion again."

The latest rumored card now includes:

* Champ Brock Lesnar vs. interim champ Frank Mir (heavyweight title unification)
* Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra
* Frank Edgar vs. Sean Sherk
* Josh Koscheck vs. Chris Wilson
* Kyle Bradley vs. Phillipe Nover
* James Irvin vs. Drew McFedries
* Brandon Wolff vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida
* Houston Alexander vs. Andre Gusmao
* Pat Barry vs. Tim Hague
* David Kaplan vs. George Roop

OU4LIFE
3/3/2009, 04:26 PM
Go Lesnar.

KC//CRIMSON
3/3/2009, 04:34 PM
Boo!

Frozen Sooner
3/3/2009, 04:34 PM
Let's see if Lesnar's learned anything since the first fight. My money's on "yes"

Boomer.....
3/3/2009, 04:47 PM
He has learned a whole lot since then. He is becoming a very good fighter. Lesnar will win.

Rhino
3/3/2009, 07:38 PM
Koscheck fights too much.

Boomer.....
3/4/2009, 08:35 AM
Yeah he does. It will be his 6th time in 14 months.

OU4LIFE
3/4/2009, 10:51 AM
Boo!

Hulk SMASH!

tbl
3/4/2009, 11:07 AM
Why does Dana keep giving Kos all these fights? I can think of 30 other fighters off the top of my head I'd rather see than that dude. They need to put Kos up against Rumble Johnson. That would be a great fight, and the potential for Kos getting brutally KO'd are very good.

That said, Mir wins again.

Knippz
3/5/2009, 12:57 PM
Why does Dana keep giving Kos all these fights? I can think of 30 other fighters off the top of my head I'd rather see than that dude. They need to put Kos up against Rumble Johnson. That would be a great fight, and the potential for Kos getting brutally KO'd are very good.

That said, Mir wins again.

I'm cool with it. More chances for Kos to lose to some random scrub! :D

Lesnar by TKO or KO

OU4LIFE
3/6/2009, 09:12 AM
I'm not a huge fan of Lesnar, but i think he's the future of Hwt in the UFC, his upside is just huge.

but I really can't stand whiny bitchy Mir. The guy was a stud before his accident, then he comes back lazy.....and get's pwned. Now he's trying again but I just don't like him.

KC//CRIMSON
3/6/2009, 07:11 PM
Report: Frank Mir Injured, Unable To Compete At UFC 98

A planned rematch between Brock Lesnar and Frank Mir for UFC 98 on May 23 that would have unified Lesnar’s UFC heavyweight title and Mir’s interim UFC heavyweight has been canceled.

Multiple sources have confirmed to FiveOuncesOfPain.com that the UFC was recently informed by Mir’s camp that he has been unable to train recently due to a back injury that could require surgery.

There is no word as to whether Lesnar will remain on the card against a new opponent or if he will be taken off the card entirely.

Rhino
3/7/2009, 02:52 AM
dammit.

KC//CRIMSON
3/7/2009, 10:51 PM
Down goes Aggy! Down goes Aggy!

Damn!

KC//CRIMSON
3/7/2009, 10:59 PM
dammit.

They just said Rashad Evans will fight either Rampage or Machida in place of the Mir/Lesnar fight.

KC//CRIMSON
3/7/2009, 11:37 PM
Wow, Carwin!

Rhino
3/8/2009, 12:58 AM
Rampage vs. Rashad sounds good.