PDA

View Full Version : Why is Ryan Adams so awesome??

Triumph
2/26/2004, 05:30 PM
I mean, seriously?

Come on now, Whiskeytown?

Brilliant!!

Rhino
2/26/2004, 05:32 PM
http://www.ryan-adams.com/hospitalTrip/hospitalTrip.jpg

GDC
2/26/2004, 09:05 PM
Because "Cuts Like A Knife" and "Summer of 69" rocked my face off...

Triumph
2/26/2004, 09:12 PM
Wow, you took RYAN Adams and turned it into a BRYAN Adams joke.

You are the first person to ever do that. You must be proud of yourself.

GDC
2/26/2004, 10:32 PM
Wow, you took RYAN Adams and turned it into a BRYAN Adams joke.

You are the first person to ever do that. You must be proud of yourself.

Its still amusing to me because of the time he had the fan who impetuously dared to request a BRYAN Adams song at one of his concerts thrown out. Apparently he take things a bit too seriously, as obviously you do. Here we are at the South Oval, surrounded by threads ranging from monkey cum to the relative artistic merits of The Darkness, and you take me to task over this? Please.

Triumph
2/26/2004, 11:18 PM
Its still amusing to me because of the time he had the fan who impetuously dared to request a BRYAN Adams song at one of his concerts thrown out. Apparently he take things a bit too seriously, as obviously you do. Here we are at the South Oval, surrounded by threads ranging from monkey cum to the relative artistic merits of The Darkness, and you take me to task over this? Please.

Hey, you're right this is the SO. So make it clever. Again "Summer of 69" isn't very funny or clever.

But hey that's just me.

Monkey jizz on the other hand.....Brilliantly funny.

bri
2/26/2004, 11:20 PM
I daresay he may have simply been trying to say that while it may have been funny the first dozen or so times someone on here made a Bryan Adams joke whenever anyone tried to talk about Ryan Adams, at this point, it's that special kind of funny that isn't really funny at all.

Now, go click some damn ads. :D

afs
2/26/2004, 11:22 PM
because his music is awesome?

Blue
2/26/2004, 11:24 PM
Degree of wittiness smack. Classic. No, it's boss. No Classic! Boss!

Can I stay?

Triumph
2/26/2004, 11:26 PM
I daresay he may have simply been trying to say that while it may have been funny the first dozen or so times someone on here made a Bryan Adams joke whenever anyone tried to talk about Ryan Adams, at this point, it's that special kind of funny that isn't really funny at all.

Now, go click some damn ads. :D

Word to Bri. I mean that whole "Where's the beef" was funny for a while, but look where it got that little old lady.

Exactly.

GDC
2/26/2004, 11:30 PM
Yeah, its not like us at the SO to ever run anything into the ground with repeated references :rolleyes:

Triumph
2/26/2004, 11:33 PM
Nevar!!!!

bri
2/27/2004, 12:06 AM
Yeah, but most of the repeated references don't annoy me.

Usually because I started them. :D

Pricetag
2/27/2004, 11:00 AM

I had never heard of the guy before that story, but after hearing it, it wasn't too hard to decide that I'd never be listening to any of his stuff. I don't care for his genre anyway, but people who are that high on themselves suck.

Triumph
2/27/2004, 12:06 PM
I had never heard of the guy before that story, but after hearing it, it wasn't too hard to decide that I'd never be listening to any of his stuff. I don't care for his genre anyway, but people who are that high on themselves suck.

For the record, I think the guy is probably a dick. But so was John Lennon, that doesn't keep me from enjoying his music.

For the record, the story I read about this said the guy in the audience KEPT yelling "summer of 69" and stuff like that. He yelled it several times and finally security asked him to leave, then it became this big deal.

If I was at that show, I would want the guy kicked out for being a jackass, AND being unoriginal.

Hell, at least yell "FREEBIRD" or something.

Rhino
2/27/2004, 12:12 PM
For the record, I think the guy is probably a dick. You think he is probably a dick?

C'mon. There's no doubt. He's the male Courtney Love.

Triumph
2/27/2004, 12:23 PM
You think he is probably a dick?

C'mon. There's no doubt. He's the male Courtney Love.

Maybe, but obviously I have never met the guy. So until I do, I won't judge a person by what some assclown who writes for People Magazine, or whatever shape my opinion of a person.

In much the same way, I don't give a rat's *** what kind of perfume Jennifer Lopez wears, I don't care if Ryan Adams smacks down some guy at a concert.

Hell, if I was a celebrity, people would probably think I was an ***. Fact is, there are just some stupid people out there, being honest and saying, "Hey, you're a dumb-***, get the hell out of my show" doesn't make somebody a dick IMHO.

Rhino
2/27/2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.soonerfans.firstdownsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=120180&postcount=17

bri
2/27/2004, 12:28 PM
Ah, that thread was good times.

Remember when Ryan Adams was going to rock Bricktown, and I was all happy and got my tickets, then gravity had to go and f*ck it all up? Grrr.

Triumph
2/27/2004, 12:29 PM
Like I said, I he may be a dick, but I celebrate the man's entire catalog.

Pricetag
2/27/2004, 02:49 PM
Hell, if I was a celebrity, people would probably think I was an ***. Fact is, there are just some stupid people out there, being honest and saying, "Hey, you're a dumb-***, get the hell out of my show" doesn't make somebody a dick IMHO.

Sure it does. His name has been "Ryan Adams" his whole life, right (unless he changed it, which would give him even LESS reason to bitch)? Bryan Adams has been famous since he was a kid, and I'm sure he's been hearing stuff the whole time. If he hasn't developed an ability to laugh about or at least ignore it by now, then he's definitely a dick.

I happen to share the same last name as a guy who many think lost the 1986 World Series. Whether or not this is true, the guy has been looked back on since as a loser. I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten about it when meeting new people, whether it be in leisure time, at school, or at work. It gets very old, and I don't really appreciate it. I assure you my feelings are probably similar to Mr. Adams', but not once have I blown up at anyone about it. I just give them a courtesy laugh and move on.

This has no effect on the merit of the man's music, though.

Triumph
2/27/2004, 02:53 PM
I happen to share the same last name as a guy who many think lost the 1986 World Series.

Your last name is "what the f@#k"?

Stoop Dawg
2/27/2004, 03:00 PM
Michael Bolten? I just love his music!

bri
2/27/2004, 06:02 PM
Why should I change my name? He's the one who sucks!

GDC
5/16/2004, 08:31 AM
http://home.earthlink.net/~mimazee/Images/Message%20Pictures/This-Thread...-ROCKS!!!.jpg

SoonerBBall
5/16/2004, 11:04 AM
This thread is so indie.

Frozen Sooner
5/16/2004, 11:16 AM
Man, I'll bet he's horked off that there was a lamer and poppier cover of "Heaven."

Triumph
5/16/2004, 11:19 AM
Man, I'll bet he's horked off that there was a lamer and poppier cover of "Heaven."

Huh?

KC//CRIMSON
5/3/2005, 03:12 PM
WAIT!

STOP!

Before you go and do something crazy, like buy the new Ryan Adams cd today. You can check it out here for free..... http://ryan-adams.com/

crawfish
5/3/2005, 03:14 PM
Like I said, I he may be a catalog, but I celebrate the man's entire dick.

:eek:

mdklatt
5/3/2005, 03:15 PM
Damn, I really need that picture of the bunny with a pancake on his head.

JohnnyMack
5/3/2005, 03:35 PM
Ryan Adams = meh.

JohnnyMack
5/3/2005, 03:36 PM
Damn, I really need that picture of the bunny with a pancake on his head.

http://www.souptree.net/blog/images/rabbit_pancake.gif

GDC
5/3/2005, 04:01 PM
It's nice to know your password isn't safe around here.

Enrico Palazo
5/3/2005, 04:04 PM
I happen to share the same last name as a guy who many think lost the 1986 World Series.
enrico had no idea your last name was schiraldi.

GDC
5/4/2005, 08:05 AM
You are so obvious.

Hatfield
5/4/2005, 08:21 AM
Like I said, I he may be a dick, but I celebrate the man's entire catalog.

the winter or summer catalog?

(and for the record that rabbit's name was oolong and she was the best balancing object on her head bunny this universe has ever seen...god rest her soul)

handcrafted
5/4/2006, 11:21 AM
bump.

:D

proud gonzo
9/14/2006, 11:54 PM
ok, so pandora just stuck one of his songs into the mix and he totally sucks.

Eddie Money
9/15/2006, 05:03 AM
I don't think this will fit in with the spirit of the thread, but the guy is pure greatness, IMO. Cold Roses is in my top 10 albums ever and you gotta love a guy who puts out 3 albums in a year, even if there was a lot of filler there. Whiskeytown was genius.

What amazes me is that I went so long before listening to the guy because of his name (I didn't think he was Bryan Adams; it just never clicked with me) and mostly because he looks so completely GHEY. I judged the album by the cover and assumed he was not for me.

I don't care if he's an a-hole - to me, the guy's a genius and I can't believe he is not the biggest solo artist around.

You may now bash me - thank you for your time...

OUAndy1807
9/15/2006, 05:10 AM
three albums a year? that's a lot of whiny alt-country.