PDA

View Full Version : Movie choices

Blue
2/9/2008, 12:34 AM
I'm a tad sick and went and rented a few flicks. I proobably won't watch them all so ny thoughts on the best are welcome. I got:

Eastern Promises: Viggo Mortensen mob flick
Rescue Dawn: Christian Bale POW flick
Peaceful Warrior: Eastern Philosophy mumbo jumbo
The Brothers Solomon: Will forte and Will arnett. Love those guys but the movie looks dumb.
Harsh Times: Christian Bale Training Day type gangster flick.

I haven't been to Blockbuster in a while. What's up with all the movies with good actors that never hit theatres? Do they just suck?

proud gonzo
2/9/2008, 12:38 AM
I think a lot of them got overshadowed when big studios had "blockbusters" they were trying to promote. or some crap like that.

OUbones
2/9/2008, 01:00 AM
I'd say Eastern Promises or Rescue Dawn, but those are the only 2 on that list that I've see. As far as Rescue Dawn goes, while it's based on a true story I don't know how accurate the movie. Someone told me that it's pretty inaccurate. Apparently the character Christian Bale portrays has written a book about his experience, that differs from the movie. The movie makes him out to be the hero. But like I said that's what someone told me, had the book title laying around somewhere.

GottaHavePride
2/9/2008, 01:07 AM
Rescue Dawn was a weird movie. I mean, freakin' awesome, but totally NOT what I expected.

KC//CRIMSON
2/9/2008, 01:33 AM
I'm a tad sick and went and rented a few flicks. I proobably won't watch them all so ny thoughts on the best are welcome. I got:

Eastern Promises: Viggo Mortensen mob flick
Rescue Dawn: Christian Bale POW flick
Peaceful Warrior: Eastern Philosophy mumbo jumbo
The Brothers Solomon: Will forte and Will arnett. Love those guys but the movie looks dumb.
Harsh Times: Christian Bale Training Day type gangster flick.

I haven't been to Blockbuster in a while. What's up with all the movies with good actors that never hit theatres? Do they just suck?

If you like Christian Bale check out "The Prestige." It was really good.

Blue
2/9/2008, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I've seen it. That was a good flick. He's a great actor. American Psycho was awesome as well.

proud gonzo
2/9/2008, 11:01 AM
If you like Christian Bale check out "The Prestige." It was really good.YES. that movie was frickin awesome. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine, Piper Perabo, Scarlett Johansson, Andy Serkis, and David Bowie.

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 11:04 AM
I saw an ad for the Easter Promises DVD, and the flick looks good. I totally missed it at the theater, I guess.

dolemitesooner
2/9/2008, 11:16 AM
YES. that movie was frickin awesome. Christian Bale, Hugh Jackman, Michael Caine, Piper Perabo, Scarlett Johansson, Andy Serkis, and David Bowie.
You just love Vigo. Shut it.

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/9/2008, 11:17 AM
:les: WE THOUGHT WHUT YOU WAS LEAVING!!!

proud gonzo
2/9/2008, 11:25 AM
You just love Vigo. Shut it.He wasn't even IN that movie, wtf you talking about?

proud gonzo
2/9/2008, 11:27 AM
I saw an ad for the Easter Promises DVD, and the flick looks good. I totally missed it at the theater, I guess.Does Viggo Mortensen play a giant russian bunny? :confused:

edit: damn flood control

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2008, 11:32 AM
I did back to back Prestige-Illusionist again last night.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 11:35 AM
I saw Harsh Times, I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the rest

stoops the eternal pimp
2/9/2008, 11:44 AM
Usually when I m sick I only watch movies I ve seen a 1000 times. That way when Im going in and out of the coma, I know what I ve missed. I think Stripes is my favorite "sick" movie.