PDA

View Full Version : Ever been in a movie or TV show?

Big Red Ron
2/8/2008, 11:14 PM
I went to Military school and there were two movies made there. I was an extra because I was a student. "Combat High" I think it was only on TV. I ate lunch with "Bull" from "Night Court. "Child's Play 3" was filmed there too. I'm in all kinds of back ground shots.

Cool or lame?

Soonerus
2/8/2008, 11:15 PM
It sounds a little lame but objectively, it is cool...

proud gonzo
2/8/2008, 11:16 PM
never been in a movie or tv show. i've been interviewed on the news a few times, though.

OUDoc
2/8/2008, 11:18 PM
never been in a movie or tv show. i've been interviewed on the news a few times, though.
UFO sightings?

Mjcpr
2/8/2008, 11:19 PM
Tornado aftermath?

usmc-sooner
2/8/2008, 11:20 PM
sounds pretty cool to me, I was in a commercial for military week of Who want's to be a millionaire (I think that was it might have been another gameshow though)

OUDoc
2/8/2008, 11:27 PM
Background of "Cops"?

2/8/2008, 11:29 PM
I had a speaking roll in a local commercial for a printing company.

The chicks and the hot tub parties were fun for a while, but alas, I gave up show business for a more simple life.

proud gonzo
2/8/2008, 11:33 PM
Background of "Cops"?heehee, no. your suggestions are all more entertaining than the truth. I was interviewed for being a national merit finalist in HS, and also for being one of the three captains of our National Academic League team in middle school.

usmc-sooner
2/8/2008, 11:35 PM

I think I could get you on Rock of Love, or Flava of Love

soonerthanu
2/8/2008, 11:36 PM
Commercial for the Navy during Navy/Army game
:cool:

Big Red Ron
2/8/2008, 11:36 PM
never been in a movie or tv show. i've been interviewed on the news a few times, though.Cool, in OKC?

proud gonzo
2/8/2008, 11:38 PM
Cool, in OKC?nope. Kansas.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:41 PM
I was in a long shot in a Poison video.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:41 PM
Did I just admit to that?

proud gonzo
2/8/2008, 11:42 PM
HAH. indeed you did.

usmc-sooner
2/8/2008, 11:44 PM

now that is freaking cool

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 11:44 PM
Does pron count?

Big Red Ron
2/8/2008, 11:47 PM
I was in a long shot in a Poison video.That is cool.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:49 PM
Well, there were about 100,000 other people in the shot. But you could make out my cap, so that's gotta count for something.

Big Red Ron
2/8/2008, 11:51 PM
Does pron count?I assume gay in nature?

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 11:52 PM
You were there - you should know.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:58 PM
I was also on Romper Room. Suck it, bitches!

Big Red Ron
2/9/2008, 12:02 AM
You were there - you should know.Pimpin ain't always fun.

OCUDad
2/9/2008, 12:02 AM
I was also on Romper Room. Suck it, bitches!BigRedJed >>>> BigRedRon :rolleyes:

Soonerus
2/9/2008, 12:05 AM
I have been on Oklahoma TV a number of times...

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 12:07 AM
John TV doesn't count.

Big Red Ron
2/9/2008, 12:08 AM
John TV doesn't count.whoooochie mama.

Soonerus
2/9/2008, 12:10 AM
John TV doesn't count.

That's pretty funny....

proud gonzo
2/9/2008, 12:11 AM
Well, there were about 100,000 other people in the shot. But you could make out my cap, so that's gotta count for something.well in that case, I was probably on the show "make me a supermodel". i was in Times Square while they were filming an episode there. :rolleyes:

Blue
2/9/2008, 12:59 AM
"To Catch a Predator."

I'm the guy who walks out and tells them to, "Have a seat."

Big Red Ron
2/9/2008, 01:04 AM
"To Catch a Predator."

I'm the guy who walks out and tells them to, "Have a seat."Uh huh.

Blue
2/9/2008, 01:05 AM
or the guy taking a seat. Whatever.

2/9/2008, 01:10 AM
I was in the Ho Ho the Clown Show audience once.

Whet
2/9/2008, 01:11 AM
Mr. Zing and Tuffy

Kels
2/9/2008, 01:29 AM
Uncle Zeb

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2008, 01:38 AM
I've done sports play-by-play for a local cable TV access station. Does that count?

olevetonahill
2/9/2008, 02:08 AM
UFO sightings?
Yah I did :P

NYC Poke
2/9/2008, 02:10 AM
Uncle Zeb's Cartoon Camp. Twice.

olevetonahill
2/9/2008, 02:15 AM
Ok Fer relz
I was On Atlanta TeeVee back in the Day when Kenasaw Did that Gun thing .
Then I remember them sayin I was On the news from the Nam Playing In the rice paddies and sht ! a few times
other than That I just succ

AllAboutThe'O'
2/9/2008, 02:17 AM
I was in the Ho Ho the Clown Show audience once.
As a kid, I dreamed of going to the WGN-TV studios in Chicago and participate in a taping of "The Bozo Show," and get my name called to play the Grand Prize Game. I so wanted to drop ping-pong balls in buckets and win fabulous toys and other goodies.
Sadly, I missed the boat and "The Bozo Show" is no more.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 11:38 AM
I've been to a lot of OU football games that were televised I was the one with Sooner Football shirt.

KsSooner
2/9/2008, 12:08 PM
I was one of two burglars on a Crime Stoppers commercial. Our crime was breaking into a hair salon and stealing a computer and a television. My friend was asked to participate and when I went with him the producer asked me to be in it too because the tv would be easier to carry with two people.

Harry Beanbag
2/9/2008, 12:09 PM
I was on Channel 5 in OKC with my high school academic bowl team. I can't remember what school we kicked the **** out of that match.

soonerbrat
2/9/2008, 12:34 PM
I was in the background of "Brewster's Millions" - was in NYC when it was filming

Soonrboy
2/9/2008, 12:39 PM
Uncle Zeb once...
then on the news. I was interviewed after a tornado ripped up our high school.

1stTimeCaller
2/9/2008, 12:49 PM
As a kid, I dreamed of going to the WGN-TV studios in Chicago and participate in a taping of "The Bozo Show," and get my name called to play the Grand Prize Game. I so wanted to drop ping-pong balls in buckets and win fabulous toys and other goodies.
Sadly, I missed the boat and "The Bozo Show" is no more.

me too. One morning they called out Gene Young's name as the at home player. We went to school together. I was sooooooo jealous. I think one of his prizes was the GI Joe tank.

SoonerBorn68
2/9/2008, 01:34 PM

Texxas Jam 1987. I was there too.

I Won't Forget You (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mx5EwUeuzp8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texxas_Jam

SoonerStormchaser
2/9/2008, 01:43 PM
I was on a high school quiz show in Dayton back in 98-99 and 00-01. I used my awesome (and extremely nerdy) talents to beat other teams into submission. We set the all-time record for that show as far as points are concerned and went undefeated.

*Sigh*...things were less complicated back then...and who woulda thought I'd end up being a frag magnet and cougar bait?

olevetonahill
2/9/2008, 03:04 PM
Aint Yo Momma Proud ?

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 03:34 PM
Texxas Jam 1987. I was there too.

I Won't Forget You (http://youtube.com/watch?v=mx5EwUeuzp8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texxas_Jam
That was it. Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, Tesla, Farenheit. We were right down in front during Tesla and Poison, during the hottest part of the day. They were hosing us all down with fire hoses, and it was AWESOME. I was physically exhausted and we were in some comandeered (awesome) seats by the time Aerosmith and Boston came on. EXHAUSTED. I was only 19 at the time, and I was BEAT DOWN. I still go to more shows than even probably most 19 year olds, and usually get close when I go, but today I can't even fathom hanging out on that blistering field packed like sardines for hours with all of those people. Unbelievable.

I also went to the '85 version, which I think was better in retrospect. And to this day, despite having seen hundreds of bands, including "loud" bands like Metallica, the Who, U2 back when they were a rock band, plus some purportedly "heavy" bands, Scorpions at the '85 Texxas Jam was the loudest band I've ever seen. During their set, we had moved to the far reaches of the CB, opposite the stage in the upper deck, for a breather before Deep Purple. When they were on, you literally could not even shout into the ear of the person sitting next to you and be heard. It was crazy.

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 03:36 PM
I miss Scorpions.

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 03:37 PM
Did I just say that?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/9/2008, 03:37 PM
The movie "Logan's Run" with Michael York, Jenny Agutier(sp?), made in Dallas(in part), summer of '76. I was an extra, in a couple of scenes. I wore a red uni, as a member of the 25-30 age group. I was really good, too.

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 03:38 PM
And were you 25-30? 'Cause if so, dude, you're OLD.

Widescreen
2/9/2008, 04:05 PM
I was an extra in UHF. The scene out in front of the station where Kramer is doing the telethon. There were probably 150 people there but SO WAS I. Plus I got a free sandwich and chips. Although I never paid income tax on that income.

2/9/2008, 04:10 PM
And were you 25-30? 'Cause if so, dude, you're OLD.You don't read the SO as much as I thought you did.(Was that your best shot?)

SoonerBorn68
2/9/2008, 04:13 PM
That was it. Boston, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Poison, Tesla, Farenheit. We were right down in front during Tesla and Poison, during the hottest part of the day. They were hosing us all down with fire hoses, and it was AWESOME. I was physically exhausted and we were in some comandeered (awesome) seats by the time Aerosmith and Boston came on. EXHAUSTED. I was only 19 at the time, and I was BEAT DOWN. I still go to more shows than even probably most 19 year olds, and usually get close when I go, but today I can't even fathom hanging out on that blistering field packed like sardines for hours with all of those people. Unbelievable.

Yessir--19 here also. I was down on the field about 30 feet back from stage center. I too was there during Telsa & Posions sets. I remember the crowd pushing from behind us & mashing people into the chain link fence around the stage. Those bastards with the firehoses also had signs that had "Show me your tits" scribbled on them. Luckily the girls close to us flashed often enough we got drenched. :D

It took us about an hour to push our way to the front. It was almost dark before we were able to make it off the field & into some seats.

You're right. Unbelievable.

r5TPsooner
2/9/2008, 04:57 PM
Paper Moon was shot in central Kansas in a small town that I lived in, and my parents back yard at the time, was in the movie. I was yet to be born yet though.

2/9/2008, 04:59 PM
Paper Moon was shot in central Kansas in a small town that I lived in, and my parents back yard at the time, was in the movie. I was yet to be born yet though.What a claim to fame!

r5TPsooner
2/9/2008, 05:01 PM
It ain't much but it's all I got. :)

Frozen Sooner
2/9/2008, 05:02 PM
I'm in a crowd shot in either a Metallica or Bon Jovi video. I can't remember which-I was at both concerts and one of them used a few crowd shots of their Anchorage show in the video.

LosAngelesSooner
2/9/2008, 05:03 PM

I also went to the '85 version, which I think was better in retrospect. And to this day, despite having seen hundreds of bands, including "loud" bands like Metallica, the Who, U2 back when they were a rock band, plus some purportedly "heavy" bands, Scorpions at the '85 Texxas Jam was the loudest band I've ever seen. During their set, we had moved to the far reaches of the CB, opposite the stage in the upper deck, for a breather before Deep Purple. When they were on, you literally could not even shout into the ear of the person sitting next to you and be heard. It was crazy.That is a totally awesome story. :)

LilSooner
2/9/2008, 05:58 PM
Rhino is in the flaming lips video Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots PT.1.

I alas was on some stupid kids show in Dallas/Ft.Worth on channel 25.

Rhino owns all.

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 06:36 PM
You don't read the SO as much as I thought you did.(Was that your best shot?)
You'd be shocked at how little I pay attention to the personal details of people on the board. Or sometimes, even who's who. Seriously.

So apparently you really are old? :O

soonerbrat
2/9/2008, 06:56 PM
You'd be shocked at how little I pay attention to the personal details of people on the board. Or sometimes, even who's who. Seriously.

So apparently you really are old? :O

so do you get me mixed up with chickie like everyone else?

stoopified
2/9/2008, 07:07 PM
I was on Local TV in Lawton .First time was around '69.Lawton had some local show that was a knockoff of Foreman Scotty.I was on there with my Cub Scout Troop.

The srcond time was a local news story(1971) on me because I was aCurrent Events Champ.I did not know the news story of the Constitution(Lawton paper) article the next day were even ging to mention me much less feature me.

ChickSoonerFan
2/9/2008, 07:38 PM
so do you get me mixed up with chickie like everyone else?

:eek:

:D

;)

Do people get us mixed up?

It's because we are both born in July...is that it? Or is it that we are awesome karaoke singers?

Or horrible spellers?

Oh wait, that last one is just me.

2/9/2008, 07:52 PM

So apparently you really are old? :ODude, this is my 7th time around!

OCUDad
2/9/2008, 07:53 PM
Dude, this is my 7th time around!And you STILL can't get it right.

2/9/2008, 07:56 PM
And you STILL can't get it right.I think I've got you right.

SicEmBaylor
2/9/2008, 08:01 PM
My mother's luggage is in Home Alone 2.

No joke.

2/9/2008, 08:06 PM
My mother's luggage is in Home Alone 2.

No joke.I think r5TPsooner's being only a glimmer in his parent's eye while having land upon which scenes from a movie were shot, has you beat.

royalfan5
2/9/2008, 08:13 PM
I'm going to go drink beer with a guy who was an extra in Rain Man if that helps.

sooneron
2/9/2008, 09:37 PM
I have you all pwned, yep.

TMC 43!!!!!!In all my vuarnet glory.

soonerbrat
2/9/2008, 10:38 PM
I have you all pwned, yep.

TMC 43!!!!!!In all my vuarnet glory.

i am so jealous. I wanted to be on that sooooo bad.

soonerboomer93
2/9/2008, 10:56 PM
I got you all beat
I was interviewed at a festival in Korea for the local news there (they were asking foreigners their opinion)

actually
I'm in one of the worlds wildest police videos ones. When I was working at a Gas Station in Norman, the station got robbed. The footage made it onto the tv show. I never told my parents, they found out a couple years ago when my dad saw it on TV.

OUinFLA
2/9/2008, 11:22 PM
I was an extra a couple of times in a Stacy Keatch series called "Carribe".
It was while I was in the Navy stationed in Key West. They shot about every other show down there. I was a guard in two different shows. And once they rented my boat for a scene.

The show was tremendously popular for those of us who were extras and all our friends ... for the rest of the country..... not so much. It got cancelled after one season.

Sooner_Bob
2/9/2008, 11:29 PM
I was on the sports highlights for KTEN back in the day, and I was in a PSA about 10 years ago . . . does that count?

texas bandman
2/10/2008, 12:45 AM
Foreman Scooty when I was a kid.

Got a closeup in the '81 Orange Bowl. The camera loves those silver sousas.

Was in a jazz band that played in Ardmore's morning show. They must of really been hard up to fill time.

PhxSooner
2/10/2008, 12:53 AM
I was in the OU commercial that ran from 1990-94. I said "I'm PhxSooner and I'm from Oklahoma!" The cool thing was that since the commercial ran during the games, my grandparents in Louisiana saw it a few times.

2/10/2008, 12:54 AM
I was in the OU commercial that ran from 1990-94. I said "I'm PhxSooner and I'm from Oklahoma!" The cool thing was that since the commercial ran during the games, my grandparents in Louisiana saw it a few times.No way! Link?

PhxSooner
2/10/2008, 01:01 AM
No way! Link?
Well, I've got this tape from the '93 Texas game...:P It was just a few National Merits saying their names, but some guy from Texas and I are the first two.

2/10/2008, 01:18 AM
Well, I've got this tape from the '93 Texas game...:P It was just a few National Merits saying their names, but some guy from Texas and I are the first two.Okay, braggard, post it up here.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/10/2008, 04:44 AM
I was on the Colonel Caboose kid show in Green Bay when I was around 8 or 9. Got a close up when we were exiting the show with our goodie bag. My sister was interviewed, but couldn't talk. I said something instead.

I also was on a TV news story being interviewed as a Human Factors expert when I worled for the COast Guard. There was a gasoline tanker that ran aground and spilled in Rhode Island, I was background for the story.

Oh and how could I forget, I was on "That's Incredible" as being incredibly dangerous at OU and storm chasing. I was out with the team as Howie Bluestien was deploying TOTO. We didn't see squat the week they were there, but they had us do stuff and filmed it. I had to sign a release and all. Wish I had the tape of that.

LosAngelesSooner
2/10/2008, 09:26 AM
My girlfriend is currently shooting an episode of CTU: The Rookie (the 24 spinoff Web Series). She's a series regular on it. (currently, meaning: As I type this she is on set shooting)

(I've been in a bunch of stuff, but I kinda figured I don't count in this thread. :) )

BigRedJed
2/10/2008, 03:13 PM
Heh. "Foreman Scooty."

HskrGrl
2/10/2008, 03:46 PM
I was on tv along time ago when JcPenny and Seventeen magazine were having a big party out at South Fork Ranch. I was on tv getting a poster signed by Usher. This was probably a good 3 or 4 years before Usher was name that anyone knew. I threw the poster away about a year after the show because he wasn't famous. :P

I was also in the movie Election.

crawfish
2/10/2008, 03:52 PM
My arm was in the OU commercial that ran during games from 1989-1995. I'd sign an autograph for you with that arm, but unfortunately, it was my left one. :O