PDA

View Full Version : Olevet Gonna wax Philosophical

Pages : 1 [2]

dolemitesooner
2/9/2008, 12:15 PM
What you said wasn't very nice so I modded it. It didn't break any rules so you're not in trouble or anything but it probably would have offended someone so I hid it.

Don't like it? Come get some, chump.

:D
UMMM ok. No hard feelings. Now you owe me

dolemitesooner
2/9/2008, 12:16 PM
That's the virtual equivalent of spitting a beer cap in your eye.
I will ****ing kill you howzit :D

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/9/2008, 12:17 PM
I owe you, alright.

I owe you a noogie and a wedgie.

:mack:

dolemitesooner
2/9/2008, 12:19 PM
I owe you, alright.

I owe you a noogie and a wedgie.

:mack:
LMAO

Howzit
2/9/2008, 01:08 PM
Recently I read The Lure by Bill Napier. It was science fiction and had reasonable, pragmatic arguments both pro and con on intelligent life out there somewhere in the universe.

I came away feeling strongly both ways.

Mixer!
2/9/2008, 01:34 PM
Its Obvious to me that you are dense :P
Not Spritual at all
Im talking same as you. But I really believe that the Next BIG leap for Man Kind Is Going to come from something very Basic Here On earth

Now If you really think about it.As I have , I believe Its Going to Be a spirtual/ Physical/ Basic Breakthru

Inner space
Cause whats OUT there Is IN here
think about it Ok ?

hmmmmmmmmm.....

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6750/georgeharrisonwarholet0.jpg

We were talking
about the space between us all
and people who hide themselves
behind a wall of illusion
never glimpse the truth
then it's far too late
when they pass away

We were talking
about the love we all could share
When we find it
to try our best to hold it there
with our love, with our love
we could save the world
if they only knew

Try to realize it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

We were talking
about the love that's gone so cold
and the people who gain the world
and lose their soul
They don't know, they can't see
Are you one of them

When you've seen beyond yourself
then you may find
peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come
when you see we're all one
and life flows on within you and without you

:pop:

sitzpinkler
2/9/2008, 03:45 PM
I find it hard to believe that conditions exist to support life elsewhere. Our planet is made perfectly for life. If the distance of the sun or moon were off like just a little we'd be dead.

well, considering astronomers have already found planets orbiting other stars at a perfect distance to sustain life, you can let your guard down a bit

Earth will not always be in the spot it's in either, the moon was once a lot closer and is moving away from us and we are moving away from the sun

there is not much room, mathmetically or logically, for doubt that the perfect conditions for life exist outside of our solar system

sitzpinkler
2/9/2008, 03:49 PM
Every Star Is = to OUR Sun Am I right? More or Less .

not quite

http://www.kiroastro.com/writings/perspective

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 04:00 PM
one of you guys needs to relax about this conversation, if this stuff makes you lose control of yourself and send me those kind of spek messages then this is probably to adult for you participate in go to the kiddie table.

olevetonahill
2/9/2008, 04:30 PM
one of you guys needs to relax about this conversation, if this stuff makes you lose control of yourself and send me those kind of spek messages then this is probably to adult for you participate in go to the kiddie table.
Warnt Me
I was passed out :P

Ike
2/9/2008, 05:50 PM
well, considering astronomers have already found planets orbiting other stars at a perfect distance to sustain life, you can let your guard down a bit

Earth will not always be in the spot it's in either, the moon was once a lot closer and is moving away from us and we are moving away from the sun

there is not much room, mathmetically or logically, for doubt that the perfect conditions for life exist outside of our solar system

Honestly, whether or not life exists outside of the solar system is not that interesting of a question. It probably does. The more interesting question is whether or not we will ever come into contact with such life.

Everybody often assumes that if there is intelligent life in the universe, that it must be far far ahead of us. Why is that?

Howzit
2/9/2008, 05:56 PM
Everybody often assumes that if there is intelligent life in the universe, that it must be far far ahead of us. Why is that?

Because we're kind of stupid.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 06:17 PM
geeze sitz just post your comments here. For the record I said I don't believe in alien UFO's. I'm sure there is life out there. I believe they've found bacteria or fungus in an asteroid. You can send me as many stupid spek's as you want but you can't prove there is intelligent life out there. So if you can here's your chance to prove I'm the idiot you think I am.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 10:11 PM
haha sitz, that's pathetic, post it here, I'll walk circles around you. Like I said put your money where your mouth is. I love guys who like to talk, like I said prove me wrong, you aint going to prove anything with all your paragraph spek's
heh I wouldn't want to post that on the board either. You might want to go back and read the rules, and no I'm not getting into a retarded spek war with you.

You know me and LAS go at each other like crazy, but I'll give him this, he doesn't resort to that lame *** ****.

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 10:17 PM
here's the latest from the guy who thinks I'm an idiot

I'll post my comments about you anywhere I damn well choose, neg away on me, I won't care, it's really not a big deal, it's only the internet, you big child, and I never said a damn thing about UFOs, I believe UFO folks are cooks too

Really you think they are cooks? hahahahahaha You make me feel so dumb.

OCUDad
2/9/2008, 10:57 PM
Everybody often assumes that if there is intelligent life in the universe, that it must be far far ahead of us. Why is that?I am amazed that you have seen the South Oval and still have to ask that question. :)

Mongo
2/9/2008, 11:35 PM
sounds like someones sending mixed signals

1stTimeCaller
2/9/2008, 11:45 PM
hard to get is a weird game

usmc-sooner
2/9/2008, 11:50 PM
guys I'm leaving my wife and kids

NYC Poke
2/10/2008, 12:23 AM
I'm leaving my sheep.

PhxSooner
2/10/2008, 12:34 AM
The highlight of my day was hitting some home runs in Wii baseball. I'm not sure if that's totally pathetic or just a little.