PDA

View Full Version : What your child did that made you proud

texas bandman
2/8/2008, 11:16 AM
Texas Lady Longhorn basketball team is walking past my family. My eight year old flips them the upside down hook 'em and proudly declares "Texas bites!" I think I'm raising this Texan right. :)

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 11:28 AM
Mine Graduated Top of His Class in
Reform Skool .

JohnnyMack
2/8/2008, 11:28 AM
Mine crapped his pants this morning at about 5 a.m.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 11:30 AM
Makes ya feel all squishy dont it ?

mikeelikee
2/8/2008, 11:34 AM
Mine graduated from OU in 12/05!!

Hot Rod
2/8/2008, 11:38 AM
We were eating out one night and this couple walks by and my 5 year old says "I don't like those people". My wife and I looked at each other thinking why and then he says "because they are wearing OSU shirts." :)

texas bandman
2/8/2008, 11:39 AM
Mine will hopefully graduate from OU in 2022. I'll be 62 if I'm still alive. :D

JohnnyMack
2/8/2008, 11:41 AM
Makes ya feel all squishy dont it ?

Oh it was squishy all right. Like microwaved peanut butter.

Osce0la
2/8/2008, 11:49 AM
ditto...but it was closer to 6.

My aunt and uncle are big Bama fans and they tried to get him to say 'Roll Tide' one day - to which he said 'Boo Bama - War Eagle...Seminoles' :D

MamaMia
2/8/2008, 12:02 PM
At the age of 3, mine told my mother in law that I called her a hippopotamus when I really just called her hypocritical. :O

KABOOKIE
2/8/2008, 12:03 PM
Shopping in Wichita my 2 year old son on his own sees a guy wearing an OU ball cap and shouts out, "OU Thooooners!!!!" lisp and all. The guy had big smile on after that.

ChickSoonerFan
2/8/2008, 12:10 PM
Mine make me proud all the time.

My little one spent an hour on the computer last week typing out the first chapter to her book. She is six!! It is one whole page and is the cutest thing ever. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. It is phonetically spelled and everything.

And my 13 year old works sooo hard in school. She struggles but never gives up.

Beef
2/8/2008, 12:13 PM
My biggest dog ripped a fart so stinky it made me cry.

TexasSooner01
2/8/2008, 01:15 PM
My 3 year old pointed to a dude wearing a longhorn shirt and said "eww...dat yucky mommy".

soonerbrat
2/8/2008, 01:18 PM
my son graduated high school as the valedictorian and got a full ride scholarship for college. he made over a 4.0 his first semester and is majoring in cellular molecular biology...or is it molecular cellular biology? I can never remember.

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 01:20 PM
Mine crapped his pants this morning at about 5 a.m.Like father, like son.

soonerbrat
2/8/2008, 01:21 PM
Oh, he also works 2 jobs and tutors high school students as well as his classmates, goes to church EVERY week, volunteers in civic activities, babysits kids at the nursery during mass on Sundays and attends religious education classes for adults.

Widescreen
2/8/2008, 01:21 PM
Interesting topic. My 12-year-old daughter made me really proud yesterday. Her friend's dad died suddenly a couple of days ago and his memorial service is tonight and conflicts with her basketball game (she REALLY loves basketball and looks forward to it all week). We left it up to her what she wanted to do and talked her through it and she decided that she wanted to be there for her friend even though she's a little scared about it being a memorial service (she's scared she won't know what to say if she sees her friend and memorial services/funerals just aren't fun in general) and she'd miss this week's game.

soonerbrat
2/8/2008, 01:22 PM
and he's a big time OU fan.

Widescreen
2/8/2008, 01:22 PM
my son graduated high school as the valedictorian and got a full ride scholarship for college. he made over a 4.0 his first semester and is majoring in cellular molecular biology...or is it molecular cellular biology? I can never remember.
Tell him to take something difficult and we'll be impressed.

j/k

That's really great! :)

soonerbrat
2/8/2008, 01:23 PM
Interesting topic. My 12-year-old daughter made me really proud yesterday. Her friend's dad died suddenly a couple of days ago and his memorial service is tonight and conflicts with her basketball game (she REALLY loves basketball and looks forward to it all week). We left it up to her what she wanted to do and talked her through it and she decided that she wanted to be there for her friend even though she's a little scared about it being a memorial service (she's scared she won't know what to say if she sees her friend and memorial services/funerals just aren't fun in general) and she'd miss this week's game.

sounds like a sweet kid
so sorry for the friend's loss

soonerbrat
2/8/2008, 02:12 PM
i'm very proud of my daughter, too, BTW. she's one of the sweetest, nicest, kindest people I've ever met. she's an honor student, participates in every sport she can fit into her schedule, is in student council and many other activities at school, she attends church and religious education weekly at her own request. She's adorable.

Sooner_Bob
2/8/2008, 02:20 PM
My girls do stuff all of the time that makes me swell with pride. My youngest (she's 6) has never met a stranger (as far as kids her own age go). She's a friend to everyone. It doesn't matter if she's ever met you before she'll be your buddy if you'll play with her. She loves learning to read, and is as sharp as the come.

My oldest (9, soon to be 10) is a little more to herself, but loves to read. She's already met a reading goal she set for the third 9 weeks in less than two weeks. She's an awesome artist and loves to learn about anything she can.

NormanPride
2/8/2008, 02:28 PM

Just goes to show that genetics thing don't mean ****. ;)

Kidding, of course. They both sound wonderful!

Scott D
2/8/2008, 02:40 PM
moved out.

TexasSooner01
2/8/2008, 03:05 PM
My oldest boy when he was about 5 went up to a solider in Taco Bell and asked him if he was a "real American Solider" and he replied yes. Then my son gave the solider a huge hug and told him thank you. We all got tears in our eyes...but I was smiling and so proud!!!

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 03:15 PM
moved out.
WINNER :D

dolemitesooner
2/8/2008, 03:17 PM
Oh, he also works 2 jobs and tutors high school students as well as his classmates, goes to church EVERY week, volunteers in civic activities, babysits kids at the nursery during mass on Sundays and attends religious education classes for adults.
:rolleyes:

this matters not

He long can he do a keg stand?

dolemitesooner
2/8/2008, 03:18 PM
My oldest boy when he was about 5 went up to a solider in Taco Bell and asked him if he was a "real American Solider" and he replied yes. Then my son gave the solider a huge hug and told him thank you. We all got tears in our eyes...but I was smiling and so proud!!!
Thats pretty ****ing awesome.

TexasSooner01
2/8/2008, 03:21 PM
Thats pretty ****ing awesome.

THanks!! He is 10 now and all he talks about is being a Solider and protecting America! He is an awesome kid!

SoonerTerry
2/8/2008, 03:27 PM
My kid gave Bob Stoops a kidney

Tiptonsooner
2/8/2008, 03:51 PM

If that's your pic:hot: in your avatar, I can't believe you are old enough to have a son of that age. Or have I been whooshed???:O

Melo
2/8/2008, 04:12 PM
I tattoo, have hair thats three different colors, have been in school for 3 years and dont know what I am doing with myself, work in a bar, stay out late, listen to music that 'Has sh*tty screaming and loud drumming', and now Im getting my younger brother interested in my music, dying his hair and joining a band.

Oh wait... things that make my parents proud.

OUT!

:D

Widescreen
2/8/2008, 05:04 PM
I tattoo, have hair thats three different colors, have been in school for 3 years and dont know what I am doing with myself, work in a bar, stay out late, listen to music that 'Has sh*tty screaming and loud drumming', and now Im getting my younger brother interested in my music, dying his hair and joining a band.

OUT!

You're definitely quite the catch. ;)

Melo
2/8/2008, 05:35 PM
You're definitely quite the catch. ;)

If youre into hot chicks who will tattoo on you for free if you talk to me nicely, then yes.

If youre into normal looking conservative girls, then no.

OklahomaRed
2/8/2008, 05:37 PM
Son was offered a full ride to WT A&M, out of state and free room and board at SWOSU, and ACU in interviewing him this month for a full ride; however, OU has offered him a couple of scholly's adding up to about $7K a year, and entrance into their honor's program, but still will cost me some serious out of state dough. Punk still wants to go to O.U. Go figure? I must have brainwashed him really bad to walk away from $$$$$ !!!!

Boomer Sooner !!!!

Widescreen
2/8/2008, 06:05 PM
If youre into hot chicks...
Yup.

The rest of your post didn't matter. :hot:

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 06:08 PM

OUT!

:DHow in God's name have this creature and SicEm not hooked up yet? :P

Scott D
2/8/2008, 06:08 PM
cuz every time SicEm tries to go to Katy, he ends up in New Mexico or some lame excuse. :)

Viking Kitten
2/8/2008, 06:18 PM
White jersey, gold shorts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI3pl_xLgkk

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2008, 06:24 PM
Not my kid, but my niece got moved up to the 2nd level of swimming lessons in just her 2nd lesson.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 06:25 PM
How in God's name have this creature and SicEm not hooked up yet? :P
cause Sicem cant find hisass with Both hands .
His Mommie still whipes him .

tommieharris91
2/8/2008, 06:25 PM

He didn't dunk it. I'm not impressed. :P

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 06:30 PM
NSFW
But My Daughter made me proud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfm-6zfYhsY&feature=related

Viking Kitten
2/8/2008, 06:35 PM
He didn't dunk it. I'm not impressed. :P

:mad:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/8/2008, 06:35 PM
VK's kid is also quite the football star.

Viking Kitten
2/8/2008, 06:42 PM
Hee hee. He's already looking forward to his post-NFL career as a sportscaster.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 06:59 PM
Hee hee. He's already looking forward to his post-NFL career as a sportscaster.
Im so glad for you :D
My son is Just looking foward to
gettin out of Prison :O

76soonergrad
2/8/2008, 07:13 PM
One son graduated college, 2 mor attend.

My younger daughter (14) was having a myspace conversation with a senior boy. I snuck on and peeked!

She told him "no cussing," & he wrote, "STFU."

She replied, "I'm out of here," & clicked out. It isn't easy being 14.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 07:16 PM
One son graduated college, 2 mor attend.

My younger daughter (14) was having a myspace conversation with a senior boy. I snuck on and peeked!

She told him "no cussing," & he wrote, "STFU."

She replied, "I'm out of here," & clicked out. It isn't easy being 14.

Well My son did Make Inmate of the Month so there;)

76soonergrad
2/8/2008, 07:20 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And, you spell better than I do.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 07:24 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

And, you spell better than I do.
Thas Cause I gots the spell check thingy when I member to Use it .:P

76soonergrad
2/8/2008, 07:35 PM
Thas Cause I gots the spell check thingy when I member to Use it .:P

heh.

Howzit
2/8/2008, 08:39 PM
Not my kid, but my niece got moved up to the 2nd level of swimming lessons in just her 2nd lesson.
I challenge her to a swim-off.

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2008, 08:41 PM
mine got his letter of acceptance to the United States Military Academy at West Point....

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 09:18 PM
It's a done deal at this point?

jk the sooner fan
2/8/2008, 09:36 PM
yep

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 09:37 PM
mine got his letter of acceptance to the United States Military Academy at West Point....Congratulations to him now. And thanks in advance. Proud papa.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 09:38 PM
Good news. Congrats.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 09:43 PM
Grats to SAS Kid
But No One said anything about My Kid gettin Parolled :mad:

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 09:44 PM
Both our kids have made us proud from the day they were born.

Oh, and our son was a member of the 2005 NAIA National Champion OCU Stars baseball team. That was a thrill.

olevetonahill
2/8/2008, 10:10 PM
It's a done deal at this point?
Oh Yea He gets Paroled Next Month !
thanks fer axtin

Widescreen
2/9/2008, 12:17 AM
Grats to SAS Kid
But No One said anything about My Kid gettin Parolled :mad:
It's because you didn't characterize it as a "graduation".

MamaMia
2/9/2008, 11:58 AM
The saying goes: "Humility is the the ability to give up your pride and still retain your dignity", but if we're going to shamefully do the brag thing too then here goes:

My son attended OU on a tennis scholarship and was the top seed on his team for a while. He has two degrees from OU, 1 in History and 1 in Business and Finance and coaches girls volleyball.

My eldest daughter graduated from OU and is an EMT for EMSA and does volunteer work for Habitat for Humanity.

My second daughter was on the drill team at OU and now has her own business teaching gymnastics in Florida, where her husband, who is in the navy, is stationed.

My youngest daughter, a straight A student, is in her 3rd year at OU and during the summer she volunteers with the Girl Scouts.

Plus all my kids are drop dead gorgeous. ;)

tommieharris91
2/9/2008, 02:04 PM
My youngest daughter, a straight A student, is in her 3rd year at OU and during the summer she volunteers with the Girl Scouts.

Go on...

Howzit
2/9/2008, 06:22 PM
Jr made the HS school production of Titanic this year...her first musical.

She's wearing white cause she's dead.

http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/7931/titanichw8.jpg

SoonerInKCMO
2/9/2008, 06:36 PM

Was that a double-dribble at half-court? ;)

BigRedJed
2/9/2008, 06:42 PM
Sorry about your loss, Howzit.

Viking Kitten
2/9/2008, 11:53 PM
Was that a double-dribble at half-court? ;)
Heh. Refs didn't see it... he didn't do it. :texan:

As for the other one... well, anyone who's ever met her knows exactly why I'm proud of her. She's smart, beautiful, sweet, and has a delightfully twisted sense of humor.

"Knock Knock!

"Who's there?"

"What does it matter. We're all gonna die anyway."

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/9/2008, 11:55 PM
Didn't she also learn to ice skate the first time she even tried?

Viking Kitten
2/10/2008, 12:07 AM
Didn't she also learn to ice skate the first time she even tried?

Yup. Taught herself to swim and do cartwheels too. And she's super artistic. Way ahead of her kindergarten class in drawing ability, plus she just has an eye for stuff. She wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. Or a baby doctor. See? She's nurturing too. :P

Oh yeah, both my kids are highly braggable. :)

Soonerus
2/10/2008, 12:11 AM
My 3 children secretly bought out Devon Energy about 3 months ago...I was pretty proud of that...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/10/2008, 12:17 AM
Yup. Taught herself to swim and do cartwheels too. And she's super artistic. Way ahead of her kindergarten class in drawing ability, plus she just has an eye for stuff. She wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up. Or a baby doctor. See? She's nurturing too. :P

Oh yeah, both my kids are highly braggable. :)She's also a dang good baby mommy to little Rosabelle, I understand. Your kids are braggable. And as long as M doesn't have too much influence with the Orange Power stuff, they will be just fine. ;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/10/2008, 12:18 AM
My 3 children secretly bought out Devon Energy about 3 months ago...I was pretty proud of that...Well, my hypothetical kids bought Chesapeake, so there.

SoonerInKCMO
2/10/2008, 09:30 AM
And as long as M doesn't have too much influence with the Orange Power stuff, they will be just fine. ;)

Oh sweet Flying Spaghetti Monster I had forgotten about that! Yeah - keep M away from them while they're young and impressionable. She's bad.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 11:12 AM

he double dribbled.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 11:13 AM
My 3 children secretly bought out Devon Energy about 3 months ago...I was pretty proud of that...

Uncle Larry would never sell.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 11:15 AM
he double dribbled.

oh, someone else already noticed ;)

Viking Kitten
2/10/2008, 01:32 PM
I suppose I'll just sell him to the gypsies then.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 01:48 PM
he'd make a cute little gypsy.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 01:50 PM
upon further review, that was NOT a double dribble

Viking Kitten
2/10/2008, 04:19 PM
Too late. He's already off wearing a head scarf and swindling widows somewhere. I told him that's what he gets for not working harder to feed Mommy's narcissism.

soonerbrat
2/10/2008, 04:41 PM
did you give him a tambourine?

Viking Kitten
2/10/2008, 04:58 PM
He asked for one, but I told him tambourines are for winners.

Mixer!
2/11/2008, 12:15 AM
rYk5bhxG1OY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iv6GhRDERsk)

SCOUT
2/11/2008, 12:39 AM
I found out the other day that my 5 year old has a "boyfriend." She didn't want to tell me about it and I assumed it was because she didn't want to tell Dad. That didn't end up being the reason.

We had a spaghetti dinner at her school on Friday and I was able to speak to the little boy's mother. It turns out that he is very infatuated with my daughter. He talks about her at home quite often. It also turns out that he is very devoted to attending the University of Texas. In fact, he wants to play football there.

This little boy's mother told me that her son asked my daughter if she would watch him play football for UT. She apparently said, "My Daddy doesn't allow that in our house."

He decided that he would rig a special antennae to our house so she could watch him play in room. She reluctantly agreed. That is the reason she didn't tell me about her boyfriend. She knew I wouldn't approve :D

Viking Kitten
3/9/2008, 10:29 PM
Just before she went to bed, the five-year-old played her first whole song on her violin. "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star."

I might start blubbering.