PDA

View Full Version : Someone explain how you recruit 30+

AverageJoe
2/8/2008, 01:00 AM
How many players must you loose to the draft, transfer, medical, etc to be able to sign 30+ players in one class. Miami and Alabama's class size is rediculous.

AJ

Salt City Sooner
2/8/2008, 01:21 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107740

Sabanball
2/8/2008, 07:53 PM
How many players must you loose to the draft, transfer, medical, etc to be able to sign 30+ players in one class. Miami and Alabama's class size is rediculous.
AJ

No it isn't. Nick even addressed this very question at his signing day press conference(btw, you can watch it at tidesports.com). Recruiting is about filling needs, and we certainly had plenty of them to fill. Naturally, our class for that reason alone will be significantly larger than others out there(like you guys). Over-signing is common practice for a variety of reasons--some will not academically qualify(as is suspected will be the case for Jermaine Preyear, one of our highly touted rb signees), others don't count against this year's scholly limit because they were part of last year's class and are re-signing after a year(we had two of these, Kerry Murphy being one of them), attrition on the current roster, and there is also the gray shirt option.

It's a numbers game. But as we all know, recruiting is Nick's biggest strength as a coach(moreso even than his role as a gameday management coach on the sidelines, in my humble opinion) and thus I'm confident he knows what he's doing with this signing class. He will find a way to get all of these young men in the program. Lord only knows we need all of them....

Watch Me Stride
2/12/2008, 10:06 AM
No it isn't. Nick even addressed this very question at his signing day press conference(btw, you can watch it at tidesports.com). Recruiting is about filling needs, and we certainly had plenty of them to fill. Naturally, our class for that reason alone will be significantly larger than others out there(like you guys). Over-signing is common practice for a variety of reasons--some will not academically qualify(as is suspected will be the case for Jermaine Preyear, one of our highly touted rb signees), others don't count against this year's scholly limit because they were part of last year's class and are re-signing after a year(we had two of these, Kerry Murphy being one of them), attrition on the current roster, and there is also the gray shirt option.

It's a numbers game. But as we all know, recruiting is Nick's biggest strength as a coach(moreso even than his role as a gameday management coach on the sidelines, in my humble opinion) and thus I'm confident he knows what he's doing with this signing class. He will find a way to get all of these young men in the program. Lord only knows we need all of them....

Can you really believe anything your coach says?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uPMkbC9S1zo

sitzpinkler
2/12/2008, 01:17 PM

AJ

diculous again?!???!?!?!?!?

soonerfan28
2/12/2008, 01:30 PM
From what I read on ouinsider.com we still have 1 scholarship available. Does anyone have any idea who we might use that on?

DFQGrounds
2/12/2008, 06:46 PM
What do we need worst? Another DB maybe? Who knows I heard some rumblings from some high school coaching buddies about some FB from Clinton?? Maybe they will just save it for next year.