PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Brown

PLaw
2/7/2008, 05:22 PM
I saw he signed with Miami. In total, the 'canes signed 5 of the top 7 LB prospects. What's up with that?? Things that make you go hmmmm???;)

BOOMER

Watch Me Stride
2/7/2008, 05:32 PM
That means some of them will NEVER see the field, so what would be the point?

PLaw
2/7/2008, 05:39 PM
That means some of them will NEVER see the field, so what would be the point?

Well, I guess you could get a full ride and go party on SOBE.

BOOMER

SOONER STEAKER
2/7/2008, 06:16 PM
I would imagine the one that puts on the most weight will be put at a DE position. Can't have enough guys who have a knack for finding the ball carrier.

Scott D
2/7/2008, 06:22 PM
I saw he signed with Miami. In total, the 'canes signed 5 of the top 7 LB prospects. What's up with that?? Things that make you go hmmmm???;)

BOOMER

he was a spring enrollee there. At least one of the guys they (recruiting gurus) have projected as a LB is likely going to be a safety. I wouldn't be surprised if another moves to defensive end.

adoniijahsooner
2/7/2008, 10:25 PM
Lets hope these guys arent developed before our 2009 visit to Florida.

AverageJoe
2/8/2008, 12:57 AM
They won't be until they get a real head coach. Just another John Blake without the weight. That is all Shannon is.

j

BASSooner
2/8/2008, 01:21 AM
Random fact,

out of all of the recruits miami signed, 8 of them went to one high school, Miami Northwestern HS. Just sickening.

AverageJoe
2/8/2008, 01:28 AM
Good thing the U is a private school and can "adjust" the academic standards........half these players probably did not score a 12 on the ACT.

OU will only have to worry about half of them, the other half will be in Miami-Dade jail before we play them.

Just a fact about Miami. Always will be no matter how tough and disciplined Shannon is.

AJ

Crucifax Autumn
2/8/2008, 01:31 AM
Obligatry "hmmmmm"!

OUster
2/8/2008, 08:50 AM
My thoughts are that Jimmy Johnson employed a similar recruiting technique when he changed the game and made UM a power in the 80's. He took HS defensive backs and made them linebackers, linebackers and made them lineman and then literally put the fat boys up front out to pasture. This speed killed the 'bone. Shannon was forged of those fires and I think he may be employing a similar recruiting tactic. Either that, or he doesn't know what the hell he is doing.

SoonerRecon
2/8/2008, 11:00 AM
half of them will never play a down or put on the pads, just like willie williams.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/8/2008, 11:01 AM
half of them will never play a down or put on the pads, just like willie williams.

Thats what I was thinking. some of them may end up at a juco this year

stoopified
2/8/2008, 03:33 PM
My thoughts are that Jimmy Johnson employed a similar recruiting technique when he changed the game and made UM a power in the 80's. He took HS defensive backs and made them linebackers, linebackers and made them lineman and then literally put the fat boys up front out to pasture. This speed killed the 'bone. Shannon was forged of those fires and I think he may be employing a similar recruiting tactic. Either that, or he doesn't know what the hell he is doing.For the sake of accuracy,get the facts right.Smellyburger put UM on the map with the '83 NC and JJ just took it from there.