PDA

View Full Version : CU could be under NCAA investigation

SOONER STEAKER
2/7/2008, 11:36 AM
Emily Jones on the Morning Sports Animal said the CU coaches visited Darnel Scott last friday before the dead period started. Darnell's HS coach told the UT staff that CU made an offer to Darnell's mother that she couldn't refuse.

The HS coach went on to say that Darnell's mom may be working for a Bank in Boulder next fall. Darnell's mother has no experience of working in a bank so far in her working career so far.

Seems fishy to me folks. We'll see what the NCAA finds out, I'm sure.

Breadburner
2/7/2008, 11:38 AM
Is this because they beat us.....

SOONER STEAKER
2/7/2008, 11:41 AM
Mods, The article about the this conversation is has already been posted in the recruiting section, you can move this thread over there if you want.

TheUnnamedSooner
2/7/2008, 11:49 AM
If it's said on the Sports Animal, it has to be true!

trey
2/7/2008, 11:52 AM
are you sure you don't mean penny hardaway's mom?

BudSooner
2/7/2008, 11:54 AM
. Darnell's mother has no experience of working in a bank so far in her working career so far.

There are alot of women who do this, and this seperates them from his mother how?

usmc-sooner
2/7/2008, 12:11 PM
yeah well until they do something to USC I'm not to worried about the NCAA

MrJimBeam
2/7/2008, 12:22 PM
How does the coach know what was offered, did they pass it by him first?

bosworthsteroidmafia
2/7/2008, 01:47 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if the bank is Colorado State Bank & Trust (CSBT) which is expanding in that area. CSBT is also a subsidiary of Bank of Oklahoma. It'll be OU's fault before you know it ;).

Scott D
2/7/2008, 05:04 PM
Emily Jones on the Morning Sports Animal said the CU coaches visited Darnel Scott last friday before the dead period started. Darnell's HS coach told the UT staff that CU made an offer to Darnell's mother that she couldn't refuse.

The HS coach went on to say that Darnell's mom may be working for a Bank in Boulder next fall. Darnell's mother has no experience of working in a bank so far in her working career so far.

Seems fishy to me folks. We'll see what the NCAA finds out, I'm sure.

Story had kinda been debunked as being started by someone who is a UT fan.

PLaw
2/7/2008, 05:33 PM
That didn't take long - usually the whorns wait until you whip their *** for a few years before they start whining to the NCAA.

BOOMER

Civicus_Sooner
2/7/2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah, this story is bunk

ric311
2/7/2008, 06:33 PM
This story is a load of carp. 100% fabrication from our friends at texass who couldn't stand the thought of CU beating them out for TWO recruits in the same year.

Mwaaahahhahahahhahaaaaa!!!!!!!

UTgolfer
2/7/2008, 07:34 PM
The story may be crap...but you know full well the source and it is not UT fans. NYT and DMN reported on the story because the recruiting coordinator at Scott's high school made the claims.

goingoneight
2/7/2008, 10:20 PM
Wow... the Dallas Morning News... IT HAS TO BE TRUE NAO!!!111!!!11

I mean, they were spot on about Stoops going to Florida, Ohio State, USC and the Dallas Cowboys.

stoopified
2/7/2008, 10:51 PM
Hmmm, I wonder if the bank is Colorado State Bank & Trust (CSBT) which is expanding in that area. CSBT is also a subsidiary of Bank of Oklahoma. It'll be OU's fault before you know it ;).You've done it now,the letter of inquiry is on its way. :D

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2008, 11:25 PM
Well crap . . . CU is screwed now. Just the mention of Oklahoma brings the wrath of the NCAA.

:D

Frozen Sooner
2/8/2008, 12:02 AM
Wait, a 5* recruit was offered by Mack and didn't sign?

Must be some cheatin' goin' on. :rolleyes:

stuckinlubbock
2/8/2008, 03:28 AM
Story had kinda been debunked as being started by someone who is a UT fan.

Actually she worked in Lubbock and went to school at Texas Tech. She is not a Texas fan.

47straight
2/8/2008, 05:46 AM
Actually she worked in Lubbock and went to school at Texas Tech. She is not a Texas fan.

Is this the "stepsister of darrell scott's uncle's girlfriend" that Geoff Ketchum of Orangebloods.com (rivals network) was so enthralled with when she (or some other anonymous random person on the internet) posted on a DMN blog?

Dio
2/8/2008, 08:20 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if the bank is Colorado State Bank & Trust (CSBT) which is expanding in that area. CSBT is also a subsidiary of Bank of Oklahoma. It'll be OU's fault before you know it ;).

Actually, that should make it osu's fault- try getting an OU check card at BOK now. They don't have them, but you can still get osu cards until the sheep come home.

SOONER STEAKER
2/8/2008, 09:15 AM
Actually, that should make it osu's fault- try getting an OU check card at BOK now. They don't have them, but you can still get osu cards until the sheep come home.

The sheep are in DHS custody as they complain of sexual misconduct from their owners. :eek:

TheUnnamedSooner
2/8/2008, 11:26 AM
You know, before I started working at a bank, they hired me without any banking experience...

Clock Studies
2/10/2008, 08:15 AM
You have to feel for the Texas Longhorns and all fans of said University. I can't stand those bastids any more than the rest of you, my fellow Sooner fans, but Texas BY GOD plays by the rules, and that's a lot more than the rest of us can say, Oklahoma Sooners included.

Clock Studies
2/10/2008, 08:17 AM
Let us ALL follow Texas' pristine example of how to run a football program with INTEGRITY.

That is all.

Flagstaffsooner
2/10/2008, 08:59 AM
Methinks UCLA is the next target with that skimeass coach they hired.

Scott D
2/10/2008, 09:41 AM
I also want to point out how silly it is that in the first post the argument is that they visited before the dead period started. Unless it's the standard dead period that goes on between the ears of Emily Jones inside her narrow skull.

trwxxa
2/10/2008, 10:36 AM
What I find somewhat ironic is many people down here moan about schools from other states (OU at the top of the list) coming into Texas and taking top flight talent. They insist these kids should stay in state.

There were two highly ranked running backs in Texas available right up until siging day, but the whorns go after a kid from California. I don't think I will shed a tear over their loss.

bred24
2/12/2008, 09:06 PM
I don't see a problem with it. Hell it happens all the time in college basketball. Teams hiring AAU coaches and player's dad's to get the recruit.