PDA

View Full Version : My Bank called me today

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 10:53 PM
Said they was checking some charges on My Card .
I said WHUT ? I havnt used the card in like 2 months
Laura said some on was trying to make an 1100 buck charge then a 25 and Change another for 48 bucks or so .
She cancelled My card and ordered me a new one

My ? is If I havnt used it it several months and its In my wallet , The only place Ive used it is a store that I trust . How in hell Did someone get the #
Shat dont make any sense to me .

HskrGrl
2/6/2008, 10:55 PM
Find out what store the charges were made at and what time. Then go to that store and see if they have video cameras recording the check out counter.

Cam
2/6/2008, 10:57 PM
Said they was checking some charges on My Card .
I said WHUT ? I havnt used the card in like 2 months
Laura said some on was trying to make an 1100 buck charge then a 25 and Change another for 48 bucks or so .
She cancelled My card and ordered me a new one

My ? is If I havnt used it it several months and its In my wallet , The only place Ive used it is a store that I trust . How in hell Did someone get the #
Shat dont make any sense to me .
Do you pay your card by check? If so, could've easily happened at the remittance facility. We busted a couple of people doing that.

Sooner_Havok
2/6/2008, 11:00 PM
Same way they got mine I reckon. They get it from the bank. I get a letter from my credit union saying their system had been compromised, but a year went by and nothing happened so I had forgotten it. Then I get a call asking me if I was in SoCal. I said no, and they said someone was using my card down there. They ran a dollar at a walgreens to test it out, then went to town at walmarts and grocery stores.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:01 PM
Do you pay your card by check? If so, could've easily happened at the remittance facility. We busted a couple of people doing that.
Nope
Laura at the bank , takes it out of My checkin account on the 5th

Oh and Gurl I dont think these were stores
some kinda Innerweb thing I think . But I nevar use My card anywher but when I dont have any cash or Ive left My checkbook home .

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:04 PM
Same way they got mine I reckon. They get it from the bank. I get a letter from my credit union saying their system had been compromised, but a year went by and nothing happened so I had forgotten it. Then I get a call asking me if I was in SoCal. I said no, and they said someone was using my card down there. They ran a dollar at a walgreens to test it out, then went to town at walmarts and grocery stores.
dayum

Oh well the bank caught it No harm they just turned down the charges and cancelled the card

soonerinabilene
2/6/2008, 11:19 PM
Didnt you buy a wii online for your grandkids at christmas? if so, did you use your card then?

bluedogok
2/6/2008, 11:21 PM
There are many ways to get the number, it doesn't have to be someone who actually handled the card.

About 8 years ago I got a call at my office around Christmas from Gap.com about my check card and some suspicious charges. They asked if I had placed an order, I said that I had never ordered anything from them, that I usually just bought in the store. Evidently someone got my info and tried to do an online order with a different ship to address. They had "run" the card but only had the funds on hold (around $65.00 worth) but nothing transferred. A day later the hold was cleared. I talked to the bank about it, they could have cared less.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:25 PM
Didnt you buy a wii online for your grandkids at christmas? if so, did you use your card then?
Thru E-bay and Payed with Paypal
Ive nevar had a prob .
I dont use My card , Much .
I have one recuring charge every month . Maybe some one there Got the Info .

Frozen Sooner
2/6/2008, 11:25 PM

I think what you got probably said that a data center had been compromised, not your credit union. I've yet to hear of an actual credit union getting their cards compromised-I HAVE seen several instances of processors having their files compromised. When that happens, the processors notify us and then we notify you.

soonerinabilene
2/6/2008, 11:26 PM
It was phil. You are now a double ultra platinum aluminum sponsor.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:29 PM
I think what you got probably said that a data center had been compromised, not your credit union. I've yet to hear of an actual credit union getting their cards compromised-I HAVE seen several instances of processors having their files compromised. When that happens, the processors notify us and then we notify you.

Any Idea of what Happened ?
I mean It didnt cost me or the Bank anything they caught it to fast . But Id like to Know in case maybe It was something I did .sos I can avoid it in the Future .
Hell Ive had this Card # for almost 20 yrs and It ****es Me off that I now have to give up the #
Just sayin .

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:30 PM
There ya go
Mystery solved , er wait
How he get the #
Im still :confused:

Frozen Sooner
2/6/2008, 11:36 PM
Any Idea of what Happened ?
I mean It didnt cost me or the Bank anything they caught it to fast . But Id like to Know in case maybe It was something I did .sos I can avoid it in the Future .
Hell Ive had this Card # for almost 20 yrs and It ****es Me off that I now have to give up the #
Just sayin .

Generally when a card is compromised the number was lifted from a transaction. Could have been several months ago and they're just getting around to using your card.

Alternately, the person doing the transaction was legit, but their processor had a security breach.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:50 PM
Maybe thats it . I was just :confused:
Cause I dont use a CC very often .

leavingthezoo
2/7/2008, 01:34 AM
probably the same way those guys buried the body by your shed. you were in the shower and weren't looking? ;)

olevetonahill
2/7/2008, 01:37 AM
probably the same way those guys buried the body by your shed. you were in the shower and weren't looking? ;)
Them sneaky bastages .
I hate it when dumdasses Try to hide the Bodies .:eek:

OU4LIFE
2/7/2008, 08:05 AM

so now it's Vet's fault that we have 60 second flood control and constant database errors?

vet you bastard.

Sooner_Bob
2/7/2008, 08:16 AM
so now it's Vet's fault that we have 60 second flood control and constant database errors?

vet you bastard.

+1

olevetonahill
2/7/2008, 01:17 PM
Im so :O