PDA

View Full Version : Hey Doc...

Ike
2/6/2008, 10:37 PM
So I've got a fever of 102, my body feels like I just ran the boston marathon (and I don't run unless theres someone with reason to be ****ed at me nearby with a gun), and I can't hold down any more fluids. It feels equally cold outside where the temp is 27 as it does inside where it's 74.

Mrs. Ike thinks I should get my *** to an ER. I think I can ride it out.

What say you?

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:39 PM
Pnuemonia. I just got over it myself. It was just like that.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:40 PM
Wait a minute. I'm not Doc.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:40 PM
But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:41 PM
Seriously, though. I rode it out for about 4-5 days and then felt like a MO-ron when my Doc told me I had the 'monia.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:42 PM
Doc's busy critiquing SB93's abcess in the IT, so I might be the closest thing you're going to get to a medical expert on here.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:42 PM
Damn. That's scary.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:43 PM
Could somebody please pass me that X-acto knife?

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:43 PM
And that shop vac? Thanks.

Sooner_Havok
2/6/2008, 10:44 PM
Isn't what you are doing a felony in most states? :D

BigRedJed
OK, I'm grossing MYSELF out.

olevetonahill
Could be that Chantrx crap ?
Go to the er and get it checked .

Sooner_Havok
2/6/2008, 10:45 PM
He don't have no thrax!

BigRedJed
Srsly again, my doc said that he's seen more cases of the 'monia this year than he's seen of the flu.

Ike
I see...It's wierd because Mrs. Ike is ill too, but with very different symptoms. She's got a headache and a crapload of snot, but very little fever...

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:46 PM
Do I need to bring the shop vac?

Cam
2/6/2008, 10:46 PM
So I've got a fever of 102, my body feels like I just ran the boston marathon (and I don't run unless theres someone with reason to be ****ed at me nearby with a gun), and I can't hold down any more fluids. It feels equally cold outside where the temp is 27 as it does inside where it's 74.

Mrs. Ike thinks I should get my *** to an ER. I think I can ride it out.

What say you?
So I've got somebody to share my misery with then. I've been relegated to the guest bedroom since Monday night.

There's some nasty chit going around down here.

Ike
2/6/2008, 10:47 PM
Could be that Chantrx crap ?
Go to the er and get it checked .
I doubt its that...it feels more like a common cold or the flu. Idunno tho...

Sooner_Havok
2/6/2008, 10:48 PM
Ok, stop being a pretend doctor and quarantine this thread before we all get the sics!

BigRedJed
That's a pretty high fever, Ike. I'd get it checked. At least call your doc's answering service and ask him/her what to do.

Ike
So I've got somebody to share my misery with then. I've been relegated to the guest bedroom since Monday night.

There's some nasty chit going around down here.

well, being that we are about 800 miles apart, I doubt we got the same thing.

lessn you been to Chicago recently.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:49 PM
Is this the first night you've had it? I had horrible chills each night, and then sweated my *** off in bed all night long. Not the good kind of sweating, either.

Ike
2/6/2008, 10:50 PM
OK, this is totally wierd....I feel hot all of a sudden.

I been wearing my long johns, jeans, sweats, and a coat and feeling cold even indoors. Now I feel hot....

Is it too much to ask for my body to behave in a uniform fashion!!!

Cam
2/6/2008, 10:50 PM
well, being that we are about 800 miles apart, I doubt we got the same thing.

lessn you been to Chicago recently.
Nope, but it's exactly what 4 or 5 of my friends and family have had the last couple of weeks. It's not just hangin in Chi Town.

Ike
2/6/2008, 10:51 PM
Is this the first night you've had it? I had horrible chills each night, and then sweated my *** off in bed all night long. Not the good kind of sweating, either.

yeah. I sorta had it last night, but it wasn't too bad, and I didn't think much of it.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:52 PM
Are you coughing at all?

Sooner_Havok
2/6/2008, 10:54 PM
Ok, for real, go see a Doctor, you need some help PDQ

Ike
2/6/2008, 10:55 PM
Are you coughing at all?

only a little...mainly due to a sore throat.

GottaHavePride
2/6/2008, 10:55 PM
Feeling hot and sweating your balls off is usually a good sign after having the chills. Means the fever's coming down hopefully.

Either way, 102 is edging into NOT GOOD territory. Call a doc.

Why do people not go to the doctor when they first get sick? I mean, I can tell when I have a sinus infection (which means it'll go away just as fast without meds as with meds, so bring on th Afrin and ride it out) and when I have something worth seeing a doc.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 10:56 PM
Take 2 asprin, drink plenty of water and call me in the Morning :D

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I started out with a sore throat, and then it turned into a little bit of coughing.

A couple of nights later I had to keep a broom handle by the bed to shove my lungs back down my throat after each coughing jag.

And I understand what GHP's saying, but I alternated between hot and cold, high fever, low fever, violent chills, sweating my *** off for about a week straight. And the only way it was going away was with some serious antibiotics.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 11:01 PM
Keep us posted, Ike. I say call your doc, at least. Sorry, a customer who can't figure out the Slurpee machine just came up to the counter. I've got to run.

Ike
2/6/2008, 11:10 PM
There are a couple I went to recently, but I didn't really like either of them. Mrs. Ike just took my temp again, and it went up by .1 degrees...so I've agreed to go to the minor ER associated with the last doc I saw, which is open most of the night.

If they say I need a rectal exam, I'm commin after each and every one of you!

OUinFLA
2/6/2008, 11:15 PM
as usual there is a substantial waiting time to get in to see OUDoc.

MamaMia
2/6/2008, 11:18 PM
OK, this is totally wierd....I feel hot all of a sudden.

I been wearing my long johns, jeans, sweats, and a coat and feeling cold even indoors. Now I feel hot....

Is it too much to ask for my body to behave in a uniform fashion!!! Its menopause. :(

soonerinabilene
2/6/2008, 11:23 PM
same thing happened to me last week. Turned out to be strep. Or the clap. Either way, got a shot and an rx and i was good to go.

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:44 PM
Its menopause. :(
So ya sayin he needs Court ordered Hormones ?
Mom you so smart !@

olevetonahill
2/6/2008, 11:45 PM
same thing happened to me last week. Turned out to be strep. Or the clap. Either way, got a shot and an rx and i was good to go.
I got shot one time , while I was getting better I got the clap , then I just Became Great .

OCUDad
2/6/2008, 11:48 PM
Ike has bronchitis, turning into pneumonia. Bed rest, plenty of fluids, and NyQuil for sleep.

BigRedJed has a condition known as posting diarrhea. Bed rest, and complete abstinence from a keyboard for three days.

You're both welcome. That'll be $65 from each of you into my PayPal account.

sooner_born_1960
2/6/2008, 11:49 PM
Doc. I just heard from Ike's widow. You don't need to hurry up and answer this. :)

Ike
2/7/2008, 03:24 AM
Alright, the doc is calling it early stage pnuemonia. He first thought it was the flu, but apparently the swab came back negative. He thinks it could still be the flu, but gave me the pnuemonia antibiotics just in case.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/7/2008, 07:36 AM
In 2000 I had what started out as a stuffy head then I got fever. The next day my fever spiked and my dr. had me go to the ER where they diagnosed me with pneumonia. Two days later I was admitted because I couldn't shake it. So don't ignore it if you aren't better in a few days.

crawfish
2/7/2008, 08:36 AM
Are you still alive this morning?

Dang you doc, you're in for a serious negging if he's not... :mad:

BudSooner
2/7/2008, 08:46 AM
Hell I had this stuff last week, it's awful. I was too sick to check out the pr0n even.

MamaMia
2/7/2008, 09:58 AM
So ya sayin he needs Court ordered Hormones ?
Mom you so smart !@ :P

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 04:03 PM
Ike, I won't charge you this time for the diagnosis, but you people should be giving me mad props fo my doctorin' skilz.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 04:04 PM
Why am I suddenly sounding like the dude from Malibu's Most Wanted?

crawfish
2/7/2008, 04:51 PM
I'll give Ike another few hours to report in before the negspek rain starts to fall.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 05:45 PM
All I know is that hack "Doc" (is he even really a doctor?) hightailed it pretty much EXACTLY the same time that Ike posted this thread, and I came in here and nailed the diagnosis.

I think he was skeered.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 05:47 PM
He was all for critiquing Froze and my home abcess remedies, but give him a 102 degree fever and he vanishes like a fart in the wind.

crawfish
2/7/2008, 08:41 PM
WHAP!!

He's gonna know less than NickZepp in no time.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 08:54 PM
Uh... ...Ike?

OCUDad
2/7/2008, 08:56 PM
This just in: Ike is alive and well. He has tried to post that information in this thread, but some guy named Jed is taking up all the bandwidth.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 09:01 PM
Hiyo! Don Rickles, everybody!!

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 10:26 PM
Does anyone know if Ike lived? GHP's life might depend upon how successful THIS diagnosis was.

Ike
2/8/2008, 10:31 PM
Does anyone know if Ike lived? GHP's life might depend upon how successful THIS diagnosis was.
Yeah, Im here. fine and dandy. :D

Mrs. Ike however is in a world of hurt with something very different...so stay tuned because most likely next week, I'll have whatever she has and she'll get whatever I had.

PS. The doc wasn't fully convinced that I had pneumonia, but he called it that so he could give me the antibodies for it as a precaution, because if it wasn't that, then it was something viral that I'd just have to let run it's course, and the antibodies wouldn't hurt.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 10:32 PM
NO!! IT WAS THE MONIA!!

Your doctor sucks.

Ike
2/8/2008, 10:39 PM
NO!! IT WAS THE MONIA!!

Your doctor sucks.

heh. It could have been, but apparently what showed up on the chest x-ray was only a smidge of stuff that wasn't convincing enough to say yes, for certain that it was pneumonia. He thought it could be, but he wasn't certain.

The fact that Im all fine and dandy two days later probably means that either a) it was pneumonia and the antibodies killed it
or b) it was something viral thats been fought off by my highly skilled immune system, and I threw 20 bucks and a co-pay away on problem that wasn't really a problem to begin with.

Either way, Im fine, Im happy.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 10:40 PM
Quit sassin' me. It was the monia. Glad you're better. Now I have to head over and help GHP work through his leg rot problem.

Mjcpr
2/8/2008, 10:42 PM
Don't pay her!

OCUDad
2/8/2008, 10:43 PM
Ike, you should sue BRJ for malpractice. That way you might get your $20 back.

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 10:44 PM
If he sues me, he'll just be practicing.

OUDoc
2/8/2008, 11:26 PM
Yeah, the practicing "experts" on here managed to get my computer sent to the computer hospital, so I wasn't able to see your SOS. Sorry, but glad you are okay, Ike. The way the flu has been going around here, that was my guess (but you're in Chicago, not Oklahoma, right?) since you had fever and what sounds like bad body aches.
See what happens when you listen to these yahoos? ;)

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:27 PM
HE GOT WELL LISTENING TO ME YOU QUACK!!

BigRedJed
2/8/2008, 11:27 PM
:mad: