PDA

View Full Version : Our Dumb World

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 02:11 PM
http://media.monstersandcritics.com/articles/1369969/article_images/image2_1193775744.jpg (http://www.theonion.com/content/atlas/)

One of my favoritest Christmas presents I got this year. Contains all kinds of important facts about our world neighbors!

Such as:

France: Home to Earth's entire population of 62.7 million people, every single one of the planet's 427 cities and all of its history, culture and beauty. France is the only country in the world.

Rwanda: Located in the furthermost region of many American minds, Rwanda fell victim to one of the worst tragedies in recent years when nearly one million citizens were slaughtered by their machete-wielding countrymen. The world's news agencies were quick to respond however, reporting that Mountain Dew had introduced the "Big Slam,"a revolutionary one-liter plastic bottle with a unique, wide-mouth brim.

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 02:17 PM
Historical Highlight: France, 1651.

French comedian Moliere "invents" sarcasm, because he was clearly the first person ever to make a cutting, ironic remark. Bravo Moliere, Bra-vo.

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 02:27 PM
Guyana: A History of Exploitation Marred by Mass Suicide

When American cult leader Jim Jones decided his followers must join him in suicide in 1978, he forever transformed Guyana from a tiny country that most people assumed was in Asia or Africa into a nation forever associated with mass suicide, and which most people still assume is in Asia or Africa.

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 06:40 PM
Democratic Republic of Congo: Like a Zoo You Can Get Killed At

The Democratic Republic of Congo has endured decades of brutal civil war, in which rebel forces have adopted the gruesome practices of raping women with machetes, decapitating babies and even, they.. they just.. with their teeth, they... J***s ****ing C****t you don't want to know what goes on here.

The Republic of Congo: At Least We're Not the Democratic Republic of Congo

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 06:59 PM
I saw the thread title and thought it was going to be another McCain thread.

HskrGrl
2/6/2008, 07:10 PM
I have to get that book. Like yesterday! OMGLOL!

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 08:00 PM
Hee hee.

Brazil: Boasting some of the sexiest people ever to be stabbed repeatedly in the night, Brazil is home to perhaps the most attractive victims of carjacking, robbery and violent assault in the world.

Viking Kitten
2/6/2008, 11:56 PM
Sierra Leone: A Blood Diamond is Forever

Sparked by illegal trafficking of diamonds, Sierra Leone's civil war left thousands dead, millions more homeless and much of the nation is complete disarray. But it was all worth it for the look on Rachel's face when Craig showed her that ring!

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 12:04 AM
New Jersey: Demanding People Shove it Up Their *** since 1832

Located in you know where the f*** we are, and bordered by a bunch of places that suck it, especially you, Pennsylvania, New Jersey is one of the nation's oldest and most historic states. So **** you.

Founded by a guy who could kick your state founder's *** and boasting some of the safest, cleanest cities in America - you hear that, jerk?- New Jersey will destroy you, just say the word.

And while the state has in recent years come under fire from environmental groups, that doesn't ****ing matter because Jersey rules. And by the way, the entire state was balls deep in your girlfriend last night.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 12:05 AM
Canada: For the United States, see pages 9-22.

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2008, 12:33 PM
What does it say about Japan?

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 06:58 PM
Japan: So Sorry for Getting Nuked

In 1945, two atomic bombs were dropped on the nation of Japan, destroying entire cities and instantly killing millions of citizens. However, some survived, and from the radioactive ash rose a mutant race of super-submissive, ultra-vulnerable people able to feel the 100 times the shame of any ordinary human.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 06:59 PM
Japan Point of Interest: Anime studio responsible for 60 percent of world's confusing visuals.

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 07:01 PM
Japan Historical Highlight - 2001: Japanese film critics attack Pearl Harbor.

proud gonzo
2/7/2008, 09:06 PM
LOL

SoonerStormchaser
2/7/2008, 09:30 PM
This is teh awesome...please post more!

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 09:32 PM
If you keep posting stuff out of that book, this thread will rival my Things a Hillbilly Should Know About Style thread, and I think we all know how awesome that was. :D

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 09:32 PM
Wait a minute.

:mad:

M
2/7/2008, 09:52 PM
Methinks VK has contracted a strain of BRJ's recent case of posting diarrhea.

;)

Curly Bill
2/7/2008, 09:57 PM
;)

...but the dancin cat never gets old. :)

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 09:59 PM

;)
My grandma used to tell me that I had diarrhea of the mouth and constipation of the brain.

M
...but the dancin cat never gets old. :)

Of course not. I can never get enough of VK's dancing kitty. :P

BigRedJed
I never really liked my grandma very much.

M
2/7/2008, 10:01 PM
Hmmm...most grandmas are some of the wittiest and most honest people I've ever met. :confused: ;)

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:02 PM
She had a great mustache. I'll give her that.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:03 PM
She used to tell me to go get something out of her purse and then cackle with glee when I found her false teeth and got scared.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:08 PM
I'm just kidding. I loved that lady.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:08 PM
Even though she did all of the stuff I just described.

:mad:

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:09 PM
IT'S MY THREAD NOW, VK!!!

sanantoniosooner
2/7/2008, 10:16 PM
BRJ is the one mod that needs flood control.;)

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 10:16 PM
Get your grandma's diarrhea's out of my thread, Jed.

Seychelles: Definitely, Possibly a Country

The Republic, principality or kingdom of Seychelles lies off the coast of Africa, we think.

Made up of a number of regions, as well as several provinces, this island nation/archipelago is a land full of towns, villages and probably borders. There are possibly many hills, and all of the islands are almost certainly surrounded by water.

Judging from it's name alone, we are going to go ahead and say that Seychelles was probably at some point colonized by France.

Today, its people are concentrated in the capital city, or maybe its most populous city. In all probability, several of them might live in coastal areas, where fishing and other mercantile activities surely take place.

The people are poor, we bet you anything.

Climate: We're guessing hot.

Exports: Goods

Imports: Other goods they don't already have

AIDS: There can be no doubt

Sooner_Havok
2/7/2008, 10:17 PM

I am starting to think you might be right on this one SAS :D ;)

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:18 PM
Heh.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:18 PM
I am starting to think you might be right on this one SAS :D ;)
Heh.

BigRedJed
2/7/2008, 10:19 PM
Get your grandma's diarrhea's out of my thread, Jed.
blah, blah blah...
BOO!!

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 10:31 PM
South Korea- Facts: Room for Improvement

Population: Not even 50 million

Imports: Juilliard applications

National Anthem: "Aegukga" which chronicles the making of a Kia Sport Wagon

Exports: Not Sony or Honda, that's for sure

Domestic threats: Self Doubt, Self Loathing, Self Murdering

Foreign Threats: North Korean nuclear warhead stalled in mid-air

Sports: AP Physics, AP Trigonometry, AP Tae Kwon Do

Cuisine: Pungent cabbage-based

Average Annual GPA: 3.998

Miltary Readiness: World of Warcraft can be up and running in under two minutes.

Historical Highlight: 1953 - South Korea comes in third in the Korean War

Viking Kitten
2/7/2008, 10:32 PM
BOO!!

Ooooh. Scary. It's like you tried to show me your false teeth or something.

proud gonzo
2/7/2008, 10:38 PM
Wait a minute.

:mad:hey, I LOVED that thread.

proud gonzo
2/7/2008, 10:39 PM
Heh.you're repeating yourself.