PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee

soonerinabilene
2/5/2008, 10:58 PM
I dont know a lot about this guy. He doesnt seem to get much air time, and Im in the dark when it comes to his ideas and beliefs. After today, he seems like he is not out of the pic. Does he have a chance? Anyone have any thoughts about him?

r5TPsooner
2/5/2008, 11:10 PM
I voted for him and so did the wife. I was going to vote for Romney but my wife requested that I vote for the Huckster.

BigRedJed
2/5/2008, 11:11 PM
Hold on... ...are you people telling me that my Alan Keyes vote was... ...WASTED??!!?

:rcmad:

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 11:15 PM
who is Alan Keyes

GottaHavePride
2/5/2008, 11:15 PM
exactly.

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 11:18 PM
I googled him and he worked in the Reagan administration

stoops the eternal pimp
2/5/2008, 11:30 PM
I think I voted for him the last go around

OU-HSV
2/5/2008, 11:36 PM
I dont know a lot about this guy. He doesnt seem to get much air time, and Im in the dark when it comes to his ideas and beliefs. After today, he seems like he is not out of the pic. Does he have a chance? Anyone have any thoughts about him?
I've read up quite a bit on his website. I like him the best currently.
On his site it tells you a lot about how he is on certain issues. And there's some short vid clips of him explaining his thoughts on different issues and what not. And he's one helluva speaker. He and Ron Paul really got the shaft at the last debate. They hardly got any time becuase the media seems to be trying to force McCain and Romney as the leading 2. Anyways, here's his website:
http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Home.Home

olevetonahill
2/5/2008, 11:38 PM
Hold on... ...are you people telling me that my Alan Keyes vote was... ...WASTED??!!?

:rcmad:
Yup

OU-HSV
2/5/2008, 11:42 PM
Also soonerinabilene..I see you're a myspace'r. Here's his myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/mikehuckabeeforpresident

mynameisjoe
2/5/2008, 11:42 PM
I highly doubt Huckabee has a shot at the nomination, but based on his success and McCain's lack of success in the South, I see Huckabee as a very strong candidate as VP.

Widescreen
2/6/2008, 12:01 AM
Huckabee seems like a likeable guy with a good sense of humor. However, I won't be voting for him. His stance on immigration isn't acceptable to me. Think Bush the Younger Part Deux. Plus, I can't imagine he has clue 1 about foreign policy (hold the additional Bush jokes).

r5TPsooner
2/6/2008, 12:02 AM
Huckabee seems like a likeable guy with a good sense of humor. However, I won't be voting for him. His stance on immigration isn't acceptable to me. Think Bush the Younger Part Deux. Plus, I can't imagine he has clue 1 about foreign policy (hold the additional Bush jokes).

What about his stance don't you like?

soonerinabilene
2/6/2008, 12:05 AM
Also soonerinabilene..I see you're a myspace'r. Here's his myspace page:
http://www.myspace.com/mikehuckabeeforpresident

thank you sir

Blue
2/6/2008, 12:08 AM
I bet Romney is constantly cussing ol' Huck. Imagine all the money Romney is blowing on this run only to have a baptist preacher governor steal almost half the votes he counted on.

GOP Train wreck.

soonerinabilene
2/6/2008, 12:12 AM
I had no idea he was a pastor. Thats a plus for me. Im becoming increasingly impressed by his personality and demeanor.

Blue
2/6/2008, 12:14 AM
I don't see him getting it, but it looks like he'll keep Romney out of it and prolly wrap up a vice-pres nomination.

Soonerus
2/6/2008, 12:19 AM
Huck has no real chance but can be a spoiler...

Jimminy Crimson
2/6/2008, 12:20 AM
I had no idea he was a pastor. Thats a plus for me. Im becoming increasingly impressed by his personality and demeanor.

He also plays the bass in a "band", Capitol Offense.

Widescreen
2/6/2008, 12:20 AM
What about his stance don't you like?
He has a track record of being very lenient on illegal immigration. That's one of my hot button topics.

Soonerus
2/6/2008, 12:21 AM
He also has a "wide stance"...

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 12:22 AM
Really? I thought he was going to get Chuck Norris to handle his immigration policy.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 12:22 AM
Dammit.

Blue
2/6/2008, 12:27 AM
looks like McCain and Clinton after all this.

I couldn't be more let down and disappointed in Americas choices right now.

Soonerus
2/6/2008, 12:34 AM
looks like McCain and Clinton after all this.

I couldn't be more let down and disappointed in Americas choices right now.

Seriously, after the longest, most expensive and greatest presidential campaign of all time, where are the GREAT candidates ????? none of the above...pathetic...

mikeelikee
2/6/2008, 12:39 AM
McCain vs. Clinton in the general? I may have to open a vein!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/6/2008, 12:47 AM
McCain vs. Clinton in the general? I may have to open a vein!Vote for the bigger train wreck, so the country can more quickly come to its senses, and regroup.

crawfish
2/6/2008, 08:25 AM
Huckabee is the most likable candidate. I respect his faith and like his sense of humor. He stands pretty solidly behind what he believes in, which is good in my book but bad to much of America.

I think he'll be McCain's VP candidate.

Hot Rod
2/6/2008, 08:30 AM
Huckabee is the most likable candidate. I respect his faith and like his sense of humor. He stands pretty solidly behind what he believes in, which is good in my book but bad to much of America.

I think he'll be McCain's VP candidate.

That might help with our decision conflict.

SoonerBorn68
2/6/2008, 08:47 AM
McCain vs. Clinton in the general? I may have to open a vein!

I may have to go to the liquor store the day before to help me make a decision.

SoonerJack
2/6/2008, 09:58 AM
So if it is McCain v Clinton in the general, I think McCain can beat her. If it is McCain v Obama, I don't see McCain beating Obama.

Thoughts?

sooner_born_1960
2/6/2008, 10:13 AM
I think the Republican would rather face BO.

crawfish
2/6/2008, 10:49 AM
I'd vote for Obama over McCain, and McCain over Clinton. Since those seem to be the only current possibilities.

I have no idea who'd have the better chance, tho. Flocks more Democrats are voting than Republicans, which is a sign that they are more energized about their choices than the R's. However, if anything can drag a bunch of disillusioned R's to the polls to vote McCain, it'll be Hillary.

BigRedJed
2/6/2008, 10:51 AM
Worst slate of candidates EVER.

M
2/6/2008, 11:10 AM
I don't trust people with wonky eyes. ;)

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/huckabee.jpg

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g258/DixieChickMissy/parishilton.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
2/6/2008, 03:59 PM
I think the Republican would rather face BO.
Ari Fleischer was on the air last night saying that the Republicans pray every night that they have to face Clinton and not Obama.

Mainly because they feel that Clinton will drive out the Republican vote to such a degree as to offset any negative feelings towards McCain or Bush.

oufan1
2/6/2008, 07:47 PM
He has a track record of being very lenient on illegal immigration. That's one of my hot button topics.
He was endorsed bhy the founder of the minute men... that should tell you he is the best on immigration(of the three choices that is)

OU-HSV
2/6/2008, 08:01 PM
I need to look more in depth at his stance on immigration. I sure have heard a lot of negativity from different people and on the radio lately. Could just be the rumor mill making circles.
The 2 brief years I lived in Arkansas I didn't keep up with him as a governor enough. Maybe some of our current posters that live in Arkiesaw have some feedback for us all??
Calling AllAboutThe'O'!

Widescreen
2/6/2008, 10:20 PM
He was endorsed bhy the founder of the minute men... that should tell you he is the best on immigration(of the three choices that is)
That tells me absolutely nothing. All that means is he's willing to give them a naughty look while the others want to give them free citizenship and a pony.