PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful Wednesday

oupride
2/5/2008, 07:09 PM
Any suprises expected from commits for OU?

starrca23
2/5/2008, 07:15 PM
Would it be a surprise if it was expected?

Breadburner
2/5/2008, 08:50 PM
I expected to get laid a few times and was suprised when I didn't.......So yes I was suprised.....

Outopia
2/5/2008, 08:57 PM
I don't think there will be many surprises, if any. I hope we get JJ, but I don't expect it. We might have an 11th hour defection or two. You never know. I hope we get a pleasant surprise or two.

You know, I used to get all hyped, then I started to take the the cautious approach. Then 2004 came and AD arrived. I told my wife about this guy, and how he was supposed to be so good and all. I thought, humph, he'll have to prove it to me. Shows you what I know.

sooner94
2/5/2008, 11:07 PM
Getting Julio Jones would be a nice surprise. Not a big surprise since he is definitely interested in OU. But I would be surprised if he passes on Bama.

Jacie
2/7/2008, 07:10 AM
Not a surprise but it is fun to read how "bad" one of OUr top recruits out of Texas is, according to posters on whornfans, because if Mack didn't sign him, he couldn't be any good despite being rated the top running back from there.

Partial Qualifier
2/7/2008, 07:24 AM
Yes. First it was "He can't qualify". Then when he qualified it was "He couldn't stay eligible at Texas" like their basket-weaving curriculum is tougher than OU's.

Last I saw it was "character issues". ...yea right!

Someone from Orangebloods was on WWLS and, paraphrasing, said "Mack doesn't like to be told no by recruits". Meaning he won't go after a guy if it means competing with another school in which the recruit is interested .

This is probably closer to the truth and would explain Mack's early commit strategy, and the fact that Texas is rarely in on these guys whose decision comes down to the wire.. and it just sounds like Mack. just sayin'

SOONERnTx
2/9/2008, 01:18 AM
Maybe its because texas SUCKS