PDA

View Full Version : Something Weird Just Happened

r5TPsooner
2/5/2008, 01:36 PM
People never cease to amaze me. I work from the home and my office is in clear view of our front yard and city street that runs in front of our home. I'm doing some paperwork trying to catch up on a few thing before next weeks back surgery and all of a sudden I see this Armada park in front of my house. Anyway, the builder has been working on a side project that required additional brick to be added onto our home. Like most builders, they leave the brick, on a pallet in the front yard of the person's home that they're working on.

So, I peak out my window and see this lady, probably in her early 30's handing my brick, to someone who looks like her father. I then go to my window, raise the blinds all the way, and just sip my coffee and watch them in disbelief, while being totally amazed that someone would still brick of all things.

As she's handing about the 3rd or 4th brick to her father, the old man looks up and sees me watching them. He looks totally embarrassed. he then jumps out of the vehicle and then goes into a spiel about how he's looking fo this exact brick and exact size. His daughter then jumps out and immediately explains to me that she lives three streets sown and was just "examining" my brick. Then she asks me if it's ours or the neighbors brick, and if I done with it.

I stand at my doorway noticeably not believing the BS story that she's selling and basically shake my head and point her in the direction of the builder down the street. She then has the gonads to tell me thanks and then smart off about how polite I've been. I then tell her that I'm usually not this polite to people who are obviously stealing my property, and if she has a larger problem with me... to send her husband over to discuss the matter with my this evening.

What a bitch! If you're a "neighbor" why not just ring the door bell and ask if you can "look" or have some of the brick that is being used to finish my home? With all of the theft that's going on in our neighborhood, you would think that a good neighbor would just ask for your assistance.

I guess I'm just too old fashioned for my own good.

OCUDad
2/5/2008, 01:45 PM
You need to move. You are obviously living in a "bad" neighborhood.

TheHumanAlphabet
2/5/2008, 01:48 PM
Surprised you didn't have phone in hand calling 911 while they were watching...

soonerinabilene
2/5/2008, 01:50 PM
Shoot her in the head. That'll learn her.

NormanPride
2/5/2008, 01:55 PM
You should give her some brick. Through her windows.

SOONER STEAKER
2/5/2008, 02:07 PM
IF you know of someone looking for trees, they can come steal the big pile in the my neighbors yard. :D

Rhino
2/5/2008, 02:22 PM
You should've killed them.

frankensooner
2/5/2008, 02:26 PM
Wow, Armadas must be really popular in your hood, are you sure it wasn't yours? ;)

Hot Rod
2/5/2008, 02:28 PM
Who are these stupid idiots, who think that just because something is out in the open that they can take it?! I would've gotten the tag number and check to see if that vehicle was actually in the neighborhood. I also liked normanpride's idea.

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2008, 05:53 PM
You should have thrown a half full spit cup on their windshield.

LoyalFan
2/5/2008, 11:36 PM
Armada in your street? Wow! I thought Sir Franchione Drake taught those guys a lesson back on 8/8/(15)88. But there they were, rat thar on Wisteria Lane!
Clever little devils, them Spaniels!
Well, invite them in for Tapas and a Cerveza. Show 'em some real Sooner horsespittlety!
(Pssst, if they brought Admiral Villenueve, that Frog who was lined up with 'em, you're gonna need some good Bordeaux.)

LF
Adrift in the Horse Latitudes

goingoneight
2/5/2008, 11:38 PM
Ask them if they were the 'OU' bricklayers from Stoolwater. :D

GottaHavePride
2/5/2008, 11:43 PM
Was it a Kodan Armada?

r5TPsooner
2/6/2008, 12:04 AM
Armada in your street? Wow! I thought Sir Franchione Drake taught those guys a lesson back on 8/8/(15)88. But there they were, rat thar on Wisteria Lane!
Clever little devils, them Spaniels!
Well, invite them in for Tapas and a Cerveza. Show 'em some real Sooner horsespittlety!
(Pssst, if they brought Admiral Villenueve, that Frog who was lined up with 'em, you're gonna need some good Bordeaux.)

LF
Adrift in the Horse Latitudes

:confused: :confused: :confused:

proud gonzo
2/6/2008, 12:48 AM
Was it a Kodan Armada?nah, I bet it was spanish

LoyalFan
2/6/2008, 01:32 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Here...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_Armada

And now, a correction; I, in a fog induced by lack of rest and a too-full tummy, mentioned the French (Frog) Admiral, Villenueve. Well, Ol' Villy wasn't even born at the time of The Spanish Armada's demise. In actuality he tangled with Lord Nelson over two hundred years later...same result though.

OK, all better.

LF

MamaMia
2/6/2008, 11:40 AM
Brick stealing is on the rise.