PDA

View Full Version : GA House urges NCAA to adopt college football playoff system

oupride
2/4/2008, 04:17 PM
The Georgia House voted 151-9 Friday in favor of a resolution urging the NCAA to create a playoff system for college football.
http://www.legis.ga.gov
House Resolution 1037

DarrellZero
2/4/2008, 05:32 PM
Well that should do it.

soonermix
2/4/2008, 05:53 PM
i am super glad that the Georgia House has nothing better to do than worry about college athletics.
what a waste of thier time.
how stupid
that just makes me sick that politicians decide to waste time like that.
yep good platform to run on ... no new taxes and college football playoffs.... that will get you elected.
this is why i am glad i don't vote.

usmc-sooner
2/4/2008, 05:56 PM
i am super glad that the Georgia House has nothing better to do than worry about college athletics.
how stupid
yep good platform to run on ... no new taxes and college football playoffs.... that will get you elected.

exactly

Blue
2/4/2008, 07:49 PM

Then you have no right to bitch and moan.

I agree though.

trwxxa
2/4/2008, 08:01 PM
Cool. First rule is you win your conference or make your conference championship game.

Sorry Georgia!

Curly Bill
2/4/2008, 08:47 PM
how stupid

Agreed, SPEK to you.

insuranceman_22
2/4/2008, 09:13 PM
how stupid

Hell this is one of the few things a fairly large part of America's population knows about and even cares about......and is actually in favor of. Hope it catch's on, but I do see your point and happen to agree!

insuranceman_22
2/4/2008, 09:15 PM
I meant catches on with Universities and the Ncaa, not other state legislatures......just wanted to make that part clear.......

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2008, 09:18 PM

I agree though.

He has every right to bitch an gripe.

Just like he has the right not to vote.

That is the beauty of this country.

Blue
2/4/2008, 09:44 PM
He has every right to bitch an gripe.

Just like he has the right not to vote.

That is the beauty of this country.

Let me rephrase that:

Because of the fact he did not vote, his bitching and griping have no merit and or are illigitimate. IMO. :)

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2008, 10:01 PM
edit: made my own thread.

OU_Sooners75
2/4/2008, 10:03 PM
Let me rephrase that:

Because of the fact he did not vote, his bitching and griping have no merit and or are illigitimate. IMO. :)

That sounds better. ;)

tommie15
2/4/2008, 10:08 PM
how stupid

Ya, they should focus on the real issues - like Spygate.

Sco
2/5/2008, 04:54 PM
That's just "peachy." Get it? Peach? Cuz the Georgia economy in agricul...

Bah. It was funny and you know it.

BigRedJed
2/5/2008, 04:57 PM
Well, it was definitely a try.

MamaMia
2/5/2008, 05:08 PM
Didn't some other House or Senate do this before? I guess when enough states get the Bowl boot, it'll work. :P

CORNholio
2/8/2008, 02:14 AM
This is as dumb as congresses involvement in the "MLB steroid" issue. Makes me want to go punch everyone of them in the gut and give my own state of the union address. If they spent half as much time on the national debt and the like as they do devising ways to get re-elected by fooling the ignorant and misinformed then this country might actually continue the to fulfill the dreams of the early americans that really cared and understood america. Our govt is pathetic. (and we let them be)
to any govt official--"The NCAA playoff issue should not be in your agenda!!!!"

CORNholio
2/8/2008, 02:23 AM
I imagine the Georgia state legislature's points of order go something like this:

1. NCAA Playoffs
2. Atlanta renamed ATL or Hotlanta?
3. Whether or not to pronounce the "R" in Jawja
4. Banjo's or Washboards make better music?
5. Why we hate TN/FL and a follow up of why South Carolina is beneath us

Blue
2/8/2008, 12:34 PM
I imagine the Georgia state legislature's points of order go something like this:

1. NCAA Playoffs

Hilarious.

Breadburner
2/8/2008, 01:20 PM

1. NCAA Playoffs

You forgot....6. Do we really need water?

Fraggle145
2/8/2008, 04:31 PM

I agree though.

I disagree with this sort of sentiment... If someone doesnt vote to semi-quote George Carlin " Then its not my vault, you guys did this not me."

Most of the time I vote I go turn in an empty ballot as my vote of "No Confidence." I personally dont think our system of voting is very valid since there isnt a way to vote "No Confidence."

Personally I'd like to be presented with a legitimate candidate and not a ****sucker from one of the two ingrained parties that have now essentially eliminated the possibility for an independent to have a chance. JMHO

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/8/2008, 04:48 PM
I disagree with this sort of sentiment... If someone doesnt vote to semi-quote George Carlin " Then its not my vault, you guys did this not me."

Most of the time I vote I go turn in an empty ballot as my vote of "No Confidence." I personally dont think our system of voting is very valid since there isnt a way to vote "No Confidence."

Personally I'd like to be presented with a legitimate candidate and not a ****sucker from one of the two ingrained parties that have now essentially eliminated the possibility for an independent to have a chance. JMHOHarrumph...Humbug...AAArrrgh, matey.

soonermix
2/13/2008, 06:39 PM
Let me rephrase that:

in general i do agree with you that i am not allowed to bitch and gripe because i did not vote... about politics

however i feel that this is more of a waste of my time and theirs which i think that i am allowed to bitch about that but just a little

woody4ou
2/13/2008, 06:47 PM
oh snap