PDA

View Full Version : Was Eli really the MVP last night?

achiro
2/4/2008, 04:00 PM
Seems like he did ok and helped in that one drive but wasn't real consistant throughout, missed some key passes etc. I guess the odds of a d-lineman getting mvp are slim to none lately but that one fellar with 2 or 3 sacks and lots of pressure, etc had a darn good game.

mikee likee
2/4/2008, 04:03 PM
I give the nod to the entire Giants defense.

Collier11
2/4/2008, 04:20 PM
Seems like he did ok and helped in that one drive but wasn't real consistant throughout, missed some key passes etc. I guess the odds of a d-lineman getting mvp are slim to none lately but that one fellar with 2 or 3 sacks and lots of pressure, etc had a darn good game.

Justin Tuck should have gotten it, 6 tckls, 2 sacks, forced fumble but Eli was 19-34 with 2 tds including leading the G men on a last 2 minutes GW Td drive, had about 5 drops, and his only pick was on a drop

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2008, 04:24 PM
No way not to give it to Eli with that drive...

MichiganSooner
2/4/2008, 04:25 PM
I would have given it to the pass rush of the Giants.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/4/2008, 04:26 PM
Had the Pats won, I would have given it to Welker. But they didn't, so HAHAHA

LittleWingSooner
2/4/2008, 04:31 PM
I would have just given it to the entire Pats D. They were the MVPs of the game.

achiro
2/4/2008, 04:32 PM
I would have just given it to the entire Pats D. They were the MVPs of the game.
you mean the Giants, right?:confused:

achiro
2/4/2008, 04:33 PM
The one that his reciever had that phenom catch to keep the drive alive in?:O :D

zeke
2/4/2008, 04:46 PM
Giants defensive line

76soonergrad
2/4/2008, 04:46 PM
That last drive was a great pass and catch. Even if Eli did sling it out there. He eluded that pass rush. Play of the game.

The defense got them there, though. It's hard to put a face on a group.

And, they shut down the Pat's linebackers. Seau, Bruschi, & the other one. And their defensive line.

Anyone know where Steve Smith played college ball. He was one of the two rookie receivers who played very well last night.

achiro
2/4/2008, 04:52 PM
Anyone know where Steve Smith played college ball.
Is this sarcasm or did you not watch ESPN this morning?:D

Collier11
2/4/2008, 04:52 PM
Anyone know where Steve Smith played college ball. He was one of the two rookie receivers who played very well last night.

usc, dont you remember him from the game that we dont speak of???

76soonergrad
2/4/2008, 05:06 PM
Is this sarcasm or did you not watch ESPN this morning?:D

I've been at work since 7:00. Just got home. Okay, I thought suc, but I do not care about their players.

He had a good game.

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2008, 05:09 PM
HE only had 113 yds and 3 TD's in that game. :O

achiro
2/4/2008, 05:10 PM
I've been at work since 7:00. Just got home. Okay, I thought suc, but I do not care about their players.

He had a good game.
and this is why I just can't seem to get into pro football. Now if a Pro team would commit to never drafting anyone from Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Miami, LSU, tOSU, Florida State, Penn State, Oregon, UCLA, etc, etc,etc(you get the idea) :D

76soonergrad
2/4/2008, 05:11 PM
Okay. I had hoped to keep it blocked from memory.

Sco
2/4/2008, 05:18 PM
I wish Steve Smith were drafted by Carolina so they could have had two of them :D

Desert Sapper
2/4/2008, 06:29 PM
suc, much as we hate them, had some really good players in the GOWWDNS. That was a big reason we didn't win. Smith was the number one player in the California top 100 in 2003. Link (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=240)

jthomasou78
2/4/2008, 06:53 PM

He did a great job avoiding the rush. Apart from that. He should have been picked two other times on that drive besides the bail out that Tyree gave him.
He made a nice pass to Smith on the sideline and hit a wide open Burress.

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2008, 06:57 PM
I agree; Justin Tuck had a great first half but was invisible in the second half

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2008, 06:59 PM
suc, much as we hate them, had some really good players in the GOWWDNS. That was a big reason we didn't win. Smith was the number one player in the California top 100 in 2003. Link (http://www.oklahoma.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=240)
Damn he was even rated ahead of Bush

AlbqSooner
2/4/2008, 09:01 PM
The only reason none of you guys has suggested Umenyioria is cuz you don't think you can spell it. I have no idea if this spelling is correct, but you know who I mean. (Obligatory smilie here)

stoops the eternal pimp
2/4/2008, 09:15 PM
Tom Petty was the MVP

Jimminy Crimson
2/4/2008, 09:23 PM
Had the Pats won, I would have given it to Welker. But they didn't, so HAHAHA

Wes would have won MVP easily, had the Pats hung on.

Despite the loss, he still received some MVP votes. He was 2nd or 3rd behind Eli in votes.

Socrefbek
2/4/2008, 09:25 PM
No Eli was not the MVP. I think that should go to Tuck the DL.

D@mn shame the Patriots did not win the game IMO. I am sick and tired of listening to the irrelevant 72 Dolphins. I wish Mercury Morris would get slapped in the face with a giant herring.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhJQp-q1Y1s

85 Bears, 2004 Patriots, 78 Steelers, 84? 49ers, 94? Cowboys all greater than 72 Dolphins. Dolphins beat exactly 2 teams with winning record during regular season and no playoff teams. Hell even this years Patriots were better. They beat 8 playoff teams during the regular season and the Cowboys and the Colts on the road.

TopDawg
2/4/2008, 09:40 PM
Most Valuable Player (singular): Eli Manning

Key to the Game: Giants' D-Line

Although I think they were right in giving it to Eli, I wouldn't've had a problem if Tuck would've gotten it, even if he did disappear in the second half. Sometimes the disappearance of one player is the reason for the emergence of another. Especially on the defensive line. Tommie Harris impacted every play he was in on, even if he didn't get a stat for it.

swardboy
2/4/2008, 11:07 PM
Eli seemed to "get it" about half way through this season. He washaving a pretty mediocre career up to that point. Then all of a sudden he started finding open receivers, keeping drives alive, and winning. My hat is off to him.

Good grief...will two brothers ever win consecutive Super Bowls as qb's again? You done good Archie.

SoonerGirl06
2/4/2008, 11:12 PM
How come they didn't do the "I'm going to Disneyland" thing?

Or did they and I just missed it?

As far as MVP goes, I'd give it to the Giants defensive line. They really gave Brady one hell of a time and sacked him a few times as well.

Breadburner
2/4/2008, 11:42 PM
Buress gets for stealing a jock strap......

Collier11
2/5/2008, 12:20 AM
How come they didn't do the "I'm going to Disneyland" thing?

Or did they and I just missed it?

I saw it today, it was Eli..he said something like "livin the dream, im going to disneyland!"

cvsooner
2/5/2008, 01:40 AM
And then couldn't make it for his parade. Schedule's too busy and the Disneyland visit and parade will be at some undisclosed date in the future, according to Disney.

I TiVo'ed the game and was watching it in bits and pieces. The Giants reminded me of the 2000 Sooners in the Orange Bowl...definitely a team effort. I'm not sure you could have an MVP, all in all.

Desert Sapper
2/5/2008, 08:57 AM
Buress gets for stealing a jock strap......

I concur. That Slant & Go was a thing of beauty.

cheezyq
2/5/2008, 10:08 AM
D@mn shame the Patriots did not win the game IMO. I am sick and tired of listening to the irrelevant 72 Dolphins.

It's not a shame at all. I'll agree that the '72 Dolphins are fairly annoying, but you can't blame them for being proud of their record. They could only play the teams that were scheduled, something that they had no control over. What they did have control over is winning those games, which they did, fair and square.

They may not be the best team in NFL history, but they were the best team that season, and they deserve credit for it.

I'd like to see someone join those Dolphins eventually, but I sure as hell didn't want the Patriots to be that team. If you think the '72 Dolphins are annoying, imagine what Randy Moss, Rodney Harrison, Richard Seymour, and co. would be like in 20-30 years if they had won on Sunday.

I'm now a bandwagon Giants fan just for the fact that they saved us from such a travesty.

Animal Mother
2/5/2008, 02:05 PM
Tom Petty was the MVP

I went to high school with Tom Petty.

In Ponca City. His sister's name was Lisa.
And yes the ex Mudcrutch frontman and his Heartbreakers were the MVPs.

wishbonesooner
2/5/2008, 04:06 PM
Let the Dolphins have their fun. They did do what nobody else has, and I'm not sure I wouldn't be just as obnoxious if I were in their place. Till somebody else does it, and I don't think anybody will, the population of Perfectville will be 1.