PDA

View Full Version : Glendale - where good teams go to die.

Funky G
2/4/2008, 03:44 PM
Do I even need to beat this dead horse? Bet on the dog in Glendale for the next millenium.

IowaSooner26
2/4/2008, 03:52 PM
Now if the Cardinals could actually heed the power they might not suck!

Flagstaffsooner
2/4/2008, 04:01 PM
Now if the Cardinals could actually heed the power they might not suck!They will suck no matter what.

Sco
2/4/2008, 05:16 PM
Anyone ever notice that ever since Lienert was drafted, we can't win in Glendale?

That prick is haunting us.

insuranceman_22
2/4/2008, 09:18 PM
Anyone ever notice that ever since Lienert was drafted, we can't win in Glendale?

That prick is haunting us.

Well if the season wasn't over I might call a message board jihad........maybe next season.

primetime43
2/4/2008, 09:21 PM
Does the favorite ever win there? There's some weird karma going on in Glendale combined with Fox calling the game!

Desert Sapper
2/4/2008, 09:22 PM
Boise, Florida, West Virginia, now this? Sheer madness that good teams who get overlooked come in with a chip on their shoulder and beat supposedly better teams. Crazy.

bluedogok
2/4/2008, 11:23 PM
I hope OU never goes there to play again, if they do, I hope they are the underdog......
WEIRD things happen in the desert.....

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2008, 11:36 PM
I hope OU never goes there to play again, if they do, I hope they are the underdog......
WEIRD things happen in the desert.....
How long does the Big 12 have the tie in where the champ goes to Glendale? Unless they are playing for the whole enchilada i see many more trips to Glendale in the future:D

goingoneight
2/5/2008, 01:47 AM
Mid-major Boise State beats OU
Underdog Florida rips powerhouse Ohio State and Heisman winnar Troy Smith a new'un.
Coachless West Virginia demolishes us again. :mad:
The first 18-0 NFL team ever drops a turd to wildcard New York.

This is bad... we need to make it to Miami next year so we can send Texas there. :D

Sco
2/5/2008, 04:55 PM
And then Texas can lose to Midwestern Popcorn State. :D

bluedogok
2/5/2008, 08:50 PM
How long does the Big 12 have the tie in where the champ goes to Glendale? Unless they are playing for the whole enchilada i see many more trips to Glendale in the future:D
If OU wins the Big 12 again next year, I would think they might be able to come up with some agreement to swap teams to keep OU from being there for three straight years. I would think the Fiesta Bowl committee would be afraid of Sooner/Phoenix burnout especially after the past two games. Hopefully that would be the case.

Mid-major Boise State beats OU
Underdog Florida rips powerhouse Ohio State and Heisman winnar Troy Smith a new'un.
Coachless West Virginia demolishes us again. :mad:
The first 18-0 NFL team ever drops a turd to wildcard New York.

This is bad... we need to make it to Miami next year so we can send Texas there. :D
Go even further back, Ohio State beat Miami in 2003 when no one thought they could. In 2005 Non-BCS Utah beat Big East Champion Pitt, in 1994 #16 Arizona shutout #10 Miami 29-0, in 1991 Lousiville beat a favored Bama, the biggest was probably the 1987 Penn State win over Miami for the MNC in the Camo Bowl. Of course, I still remember the 1983 loss to Arizona State when Marcus Dupree ran all over them when he only played about half the game.

Like I said, weird things happen out there......

goingoneight
2/5/2008, 10:02 PM
I knew there was a reason OSU beat Indiana!!! :D

royalfan5
2/5/2008, 11:16 PM
Does the favorite ever win there? There's some weird karma going on in Glendale combined with Fox calling the game!
Probably when they play the Cardinals

PLaw
2/5/2008, 11:35 PM
Do I even need to beat this dead horse? Bet on the dog in Glendale for the next millenium.

Really strange karma getting off of the plane this morning at PHX. Bunch of Gotham-ites strutting around in the G-men blue and Patty's looking for a place to duck.

UOP Stadium - Neutral site bet the dog.

BOOMER

Harry Beanbag
2/5/2008, 11:35 PM
Glendale pretty much blows all the way around.

PLaw
2/5/2008, 11:39 PM
Glendale pretty much blows all the way around.

Oh yeah, just read where two of Dallas' finest got critically shot in Peoria after the game. These firemen were returning to their hotel after the game and some thugs did a chicken **** drive by.

Yeah, I'd say the West Valley pretty much blows all the way around.

BOOMER

The_Red_Patriot
2/6/2008, 11:34 AM
I HATE THAT ****ING STADIUM!!!

Twice this year my teams have gone in and fell flat on their ***

MY HEART IS BROKEN....BLACK...DARKENED....

I haven't been this sad since the 05......well you know...

or the 03 ALCS

Breadburner
2/6/2008, 12:29 PM
Have the Pats played in the Super Bowl there before.....

The_Red_Patriot
2/6/2008, 12:38 PM
never

Animal Mother
2/6/2008, 01:14 PM
Right. The stadium won the game and not the Giants. Man!! Is it the off season or what?????