PDA

View Full Version : Are the conservatives geniuses? (re: McCain)

OUAndy1807
2/4/2008, 10:46 AM
ok, if we assume that McCain is the rep candidate (I don't know that it's a lock yet, but let's assume it is), does anyone else think it's genius move for the most polarizing figures on the right to separate themselves from this candidate?

Rush and Ann coming out against McCain may help his cause with the dems by making some of the people on the left who are not into a woman/black president check him out. It also probably does not lose any votes for McCain from rep side, since they see him as the lesser of two evils.

Is the media playing right into the rep parties hands on this thing?

Sooner_Bob
2/4/2008, 10:52 AM
What does Boortz say?

SanJoaquinSooner
2/4/2008, 11:00 AM
Genius or dumb luck?

OUAndy1807
2/4/2008, 11:04 AM
nah, having the two biggest shills for the party out trashing your candidate is more than dumb luck. maybe one would go against the grain, but not both.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/4/2008, 11:07 AM
ok, if we assume that McCain is the rep candidate (I don't know that it's a lock yet, but let's assume it is), does anyone else think it's genius move for the most polarizing figures on the right to separate themselves from this candidate?

Rush and Ann coming out against McCain may help his cause with the dems by making some of the people on the left who are not into a woman/black president check him out. It also probably does not lose any votes for McCain from rep side, since they see him as the lesser of two evils.

Is the media playing right into the rep parties hands on this thing?There will be some people who behave as you speculate, but I believe the most important block, in numbers of votes, will be from the conservative republicans who simply won't vote for McCain. It will likely be enough to win for Hellery.

JohnnyMack
2/4/2008, 11:09 AM
McCain will select a conservative running mate and AC & RL will kiss and make up with McCain in order to prevent Hillary from winning. Hide. And. Watch.

2/4/2008, 11:13 AM
McCain will select a conservative running mate and AC & RL will kiss and make up with McCain in order to prevent Hillary from winning. Hide. And. Watch.I seriously think you will be surprised to see how deep the disdain for McCain is.

OUAndy1807
2/4/2008, 11:15 AM
so you're telling me that you think that hardcore reps would rather have Hillary or Obama than McCain?

2/4/2008, 11:25 AM
so you're telling me that you think that hardcore reps would rather have Hillary or Obama than McCain?Yes. All 3 of those people would be very bad for the country. Better the dem takes the hit.
Individual states or the republican party in those states that have allowed independents or people registering republican at the primary polling place have defrauded the republican primaries, anyway. Conservatives don't think of McCain as the real choice of republican voters, since he should not be our candidate due to unethical manipulation of the primary process.

JohnnyMack
2/4/2008, 11:37 AM
Yes. All 3 of those people would be very bad for the country. Better the dem takes the hit.
Individual states or the republican party in those states that have allowed independents or people registering republican at the primary polling place have defrauded the republican primaries, anyway. Conservatives don't think of McCain as the real choice of republican voters, since he should not be our candidate due to unethical manipulation of the primary process.

Your tin-foil hat is on nice and tight. Good times.

sooner n houston
2/4/2008, 11:48 AM
:( I can't vote for him. Guess I'll just sit this one out, if he wins the nomination.:(