PDA

View Full Version : Belicheck shows his class by leaving the field before the game was over...

Soonerus
2/3/2008, 10:32 PM
...what a chump....

salth2o
2/3/2008, 10:33 PM
He is definitely an A$$!

OU-HSV
2/3/2008, 10:39 PM
I always knew he was a dick. This just proves it even more to the non-believers

KantoSooner
2/3/2008, 10:40 PM
en espanol: una bolsa de ******.

goingoneight
2/3/2008, 10:48 PM
I am certainly no Giants fan, but when the underdog had the football and I saw his mug on the sideline and all of the announcing crew pretty much annointing NE the "greatest ever," 19-0 and pretty much not giving Eli a snowball's chance in hell, you bet I had a great time watching that dream collapse for them.

Same deal with Petey Carroll and the SUC against Hook'em a few years back. I think I'll go puke now.

sooner2b09
2/3/2008, 10:51 PM
I was starting to warm up to him because i saw that thing on him this morning about his dad coaching at the naval academy, because my dad went to the Naval Academy too. But when i saw him do that i realized again why i hate him so much.

silverwheels
2/3/2008, 10:52 PM
I'm pretty sure he shook hands with Coughlin when that 1 second was still on the clock. No need to congratulate the man twice. Get off the field and let the winning team celebrate.

OUinFLA
2/3/2008, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty sure he shook hands with Coughlin when that 1 second was still on the clock. No need to congratulate the man twice. Get off the field and let the winning team celebrate.

Yes, they did shake and hug at midfield while time was still on the clock.

Soonerus
2/3/2008, 10:56 PM
It is not about congratulating him twice, it about being the good sport to stay on the field until the game is over...he was in the locker room before the game was over, my guess is the previous 18 games this season he stayed on the field until the game was over...just not a class move, wreaks of bad sportsmanship...

goingoneight
2/3/2008, 10:59 PM
Face it, he's a jerk whether or not that action was classless. He has been that way for years now. Soem coaches are just jerks like just people in general. He's no Saint in anyone's eyes.

zeke
2/3/2008, 11:01 PM
He shook hands and gave the Giants coach a hug. What more can a guy do?

He seems to be very uncomfortable on camera. And if he is a prick so what... the guy knows football and how to coach.

Lots of folks say Stoops is cocky. And at times he is short, almost rude with the media, again, so what.

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 11:02 PM

Exactly what I think...but I knew this thread was going to appear.

...Course he is a big fat cheat so go ahead and rip him apart. :D

SOONER STEAKER
2/3/2008, 11:05 PM
The Dolphins are elated. I forget the year, but Zonka and Griese are loving it/ But, what a great finsih. There something about that stadium that allows the underdogto win. ie. Boise State/WVU

sooneron
2/3/2008, 11:06 PM
The Dolphins are elated. I forget the year, but Zonka and Griese are loving it/ But, what a great finsih. There something about that stadium that allows the underdogto win. ie. Boise State/WVU
72 and most of those guys are dooshbags too. Csonka being an exception.

sooneron
2/3/2008, 11:08 PM
I would like to say, cheating aside, the Patriots are a great team, but they are dirty like hades. Lots of cheap crap out there.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2008, 11:10 PM
Now this means Mercury Morris interviews with him saying" I toldya so! I toldya so! Weze da gratest!"

sooneron
2/3/2008, 11:26 PM
Now this means Mercury Morris interviews with him saying" I toldya so![sniff] I toldya so![sniff] Weze da gratest![sniff]"
heh:D

Ardmore_Sooner
2/3/2008, 11:27 PM
I guess shaking hands, hugging and talking to the coach at midfield wasn't enough?

I'm no Patriots fan, but if they would have just ran that 1 second off the clock, we wouldn't even be talking about all this.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/3/2008, 11:29 PM
I am certainly no Giants fan, but when the underdog had the football and I saw his mug on the sideline and all of the announcing crew pretty much annointing NE the "greatest ever," 19-0 and pretty much not giving Eli a snowball's chance in hell, you bet I had a great time watching that dream collapse for them.
I'm with you. I'm a Cowboys fan and I didn't like the Giants going into our house and beating us a few weeks ago and I'll always hate the Giants; NFC East rival and everything, you know. But for one day, I wanted the G-Men to knock New England down a few pegs and darned if they didn't do it.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/3/2008, 11:30 PM
By the way, how many rings does Randy Moss and Junior Seau have now? About the same number as Danica Patrick has first-place Indy Car finishes. A big fat ZERO.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/3/2008, 11:32 PM
By the way, how many rings does Randy Moss and Junior Seau have now? About the same number as Danica Patrick has first-place Indy Car finishes. A big fat ZERO.

I bet Danica gets to one first. :D

VeeJay
2/3/2008, 11:33 PM
F Belichick and that pile of hooded sweatshirts he rode in on.

jkjsooner
2/3/2008, 11:55 PM
I guess shaking hands, hugging and talking to the coach at midfield wasn't enough?

I'm no Patriots fan, but if they would have just ran that 1 second off the clock, we wouldn't even be talking about all this.

No, it wasn't enough. Waiting until the game was over would have been appropriate. He was clearly throwing his own pity party...

sooneron
2/4/2008, 12:11 AM
No, it wasn't enough. Waiting until the game was over would have been appropriate. He was clearly throwing his own pity party...
What he ^ said.

tulsaoilerfan
2/4/2008, 12:14 AM
F Belichick and that pile of hooded sweatshirts he rode in on.
Belichick messed with karma; he wore the wrong color sweatshirt tonight. :D

Ardmore_Sooner
2/4/2008, 12:20 AM

Like I said, if that 1 second had just ran off the clock this wouldn't even have been a big deal. What would he have done if he stays? Go back out and congratulate him again? Sometimes I think people just try to find stuff to gripe about.

goingoneight
2/4/2008, 12:23 AM
I don't necessarily think it was "classless" of him to walk off after hugging and hand-shaking. The one-second thing was stupid. There's no chance in any situation that the one second would have mattered, so when Bellichick walked onto the field, he was admitting defeat and congratulating hsi opponent. No NY or NE fan here, just saying... he was leaving because guess what... it was over. I don't like seeing the media harass coaches when they lose big games, either... so honestly I'd give props to Stoops if he shook hands and got TFO, too. No one wants to hear "so how do you describe choking?" essentially from someone like Pam Oliver who has never played the game or someone who has played, but never made it to 18-0 or made it to the SB before.

The guy is a jerk, no doubt... but he'll be getting an unfair rap for this.

Ardmore_Sooner
2/4/2008, 12:28 AM
I don't necessarily think it was "classless" of him to walk off after hugging and hand-shaking. The one-second thing was stupid. There's no chance in any situation that the one second would have mattered, so when Bellichick walked onto the field, he was admitting defeat and congratulating hsi opponent. No NY or NE fan here, just saying... he was leaving because guess what... it was over. I don't like seeing the media harass coaches when they lose big games, either... so honestly I'd give props to Stoops if he shook hands and got TFO, too. No one wants to hear "so how do you describe choking?" essentially from someone like Pam Oliver who has never played the game or someone who has played, but never made it to 18-0 or made it to the SB before.

The guy is a jerk, no doubt... but he'll be getting an unfair rap for this.

Mucho speko to you my friend.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

AzianSooner
2/4/2008, 12:36 AM
i think he left to protest the poor play calling by the zebras. I think the Pat should have the fumble ball on NY 30 yard line.

Ever
2/4/2008, 12:51 AM
Eh. Everyone runs onto the field, you walk out to offer congrats while wrestling with the biggest upset in NFL history, there's no reason to think the last play didn't run the clock down. Bet he didn't even realize the game wasn't over until he made it to the tunnel, and by then what good is it to come out for a kneel down?

No biggie.

goingoneight
2/4/2008, 01:54 AM
I've actually seen games in college AND the NFL before when the final seconds just ticked away after a turnover.

AllAboutThe'O'
2/4/2008, 02:29 AM
I've actually seen games in college AND the NFL before when the final seconds just ticked away after a turnover.
Remember the end of the Patriots-Rams Super Bowl when Vinatieri made the game-winning FG? There was still a second or two on the clock after the ball went through the uprights and then the clock went ahead and ticked away to triple zero.

jasonstar1
2/4/2008, 02:56 AM
The chump was the first one on the field. His loser team followed him on and then he bolted for the locker room. If it werent for his classless dart, there would be no issue. He is a cheating pig. Pats suck.

RedStripe
2/4/2008, 10:30 AM
His team was still on the field. He looks like a giant ****** jogging off to the locker room. He did not have to congratulate Coflin again just watch them kneel the ball then go. He really looks like a poor sport in this.

Curly Bill
2/4/2008, 10:33 AM
Who cares!

soonerhubs
2/4/2008, 10:49 AM
Who cares!
The people who posted in this thread, including you. :D

JohnnyMack
2/4/2008, 10:59 AM
The ref should have just held the ball over his head and blown the whistle. The game was over.

And saying Belichick is classless for "leaving the field early" is like saying Hitler was a bad guy because he didn't pay his parking tickets.

Leave it to rus to miss the point.

colleyvillesooner
2/4/2008, 11:13 AM
The ref should have just held the ball over his head and blown the whistle. The game was over.

And saying Belichick is classless for "leaving the field early" is like saying Hitler was a bad guy because he didn't pay his parking tickets.

Leave it to rus to miss the point.

He can't. By rule, a play has to be ran if there is time on the clock.

Yawn to this whole topic.

DangTire
2/4/2008, 11:18 AM
Let me get this straight, a defeated coach leaves the field with 1 second left after he thought it was over and congratulated the winning coach and a thread is started to bag on the guy while another gets ram rodded and humiliated in a fourth major bowl game by an interim head coach and he get's a "just wait till next year" and a pile of excuses? That makes all the sense in the world.

GrapevineSooner
2/4/2008, 11:20 AM
I don't care for Belichick too much in the class department.

But this truly is making a mountain out of a molehill. If you're going to criticize Belichick for being a bad sport, criticize him for shoving a cameraman at the end of last year's AFC Championship game.

OUmillenium
2/4/2008, 12:13 PM
The refs should have just run the clock out. Stupid to clear the field and bring both teams out for a 1 second kneel.

OU-HSV
2/4/2008, 12:29 PM
It is not about congratulating him twice, it about being the good sport to stay on the field until the game is over...he was in the locker room before the game was over, my guess is the previous 18 games this season he stayed on the field until the game was over...just not a class move, wreaks of bad sportsmanship...
my thoughts exactly

Sooner24
2/4/2008, 01:18 PM
Eh. Everyone runs onto the field, you walk out to offer congrats while wrestling with the biggest upset in NFL history, there's no reason to think the last play didn't run the clock down. Bet he didn't even realize the game wasn't over until he made it to the tunnel, and by then what good is it to come out for a kneel down?

No biggie.

That wasn't the biggest upset in NFL history.

wishbonesooner
2/4/2008, 02:28 PM
I think he had to get back to the dressing room to destroy some videtapes.

Curly Bill
2/4/2008, 03:10 PM
I think he had to get back to the dressing room to destroy some videtapes.

SPEK on that. :D

DBrown
2/4/2008, 04:04 PM
Strange....but I seem to remember a game at The Meadowlands where
Phil Simms was in the so-called "victory formation" and snatched defeat from
the jaws of victory by fumbling the ball away in the final seconds to see the other team return the fumble for a TD with :00 showing on the clock.
Timing's everything.....you just never know what may happen on any given
night.But don't rake Bill over the coals for his exit.......would you have wanted
to be in the middle of that chaos on the losing side...I wouldn't!

r5TPsooner
2/4/2008, 04:09 PM
Like I said, if that 1 second had just ran off the clock this wouldn't even have been a big deal. What would he have done if he stays? Go back out and congratulate him again? Sometimes I think people just try to find stuff to gripe about.

But it didn't.

wishbonesooner
2/4/2008, 04:53 PM
His defense was having to go out there and suffer through that kneeldown, Bill should have stayed at least for them.

76soonergrad
2/4/2008, 05:04 PM
'Twas the evil hoodie that made him run!

trwxxa
2/4/2008, 07:28 PM
Remember the end of the Patriots-Rams Super Bowl when Vinatieri made the game-winning FG? There was still a second or two on the clock after the ball went through the uprights and then the clock went ahead and ticked away to triple zero.

And that is what happened last night. That is why you had the media and fans storming the field as well. For some unknown reason, somebody decided to put :01 back on the clock. Almost the whole Patriot team was in the tunnel when the final second ticked away.

Desert Sapper
2/4/2008, 09:21 PM
I'm with you. I'm a Cowboys fan and I didn't like the Giants going into our house and beating us a few weeks ago and I'll always hate the Giants; NFC East rival and everything, you know. But for one day, I wanted the G-Men to knock New England down a few pegs and darned if they didn't do it.

With you 100%. Normally I hate the Giants, but last night, I was pulling for them (if only to stop the 'greatest team in the history of the universe' BS).

Socrefbek
2/4/2008, 09:34 PM

The clock was allowed to run to 0 and then the time was put back on. Watch the replay of the game. Belichick went to midfield and shook Coughlins hand and gave him a hug. Y'all are just hatin'. Bob Stoops does not show much more cordiality than Belichick when you get down to it.

Curly Bill
2/4/2008, 09:37 PM
Bob Stoops does not show much more cordiality than Belichick when you get down to it.

Blasphemer! You take that back right now!

:D

Ardmore_Sooner
2/5/2008, 01:42 AM
But it didn't.

So answer my original question then. Should he have shaken hands AGAIN? What would that have really accomplished?

If Stoops had done the same thing no one would care. The hatred for Belicheck is blinding a lot of people that this really isn't a big deal.

wishbonesooner
2/5/2008, 08:24 AM
You're right, it isn't a big deal. He's a low life and nobody expects him to be anything else. He could have stood on the sidelines and run off with his beloved defense, but he chose not to.

OU_Sooners75
2/5/2008, 08:28 AM
Look, I am not sticking up for the tool, but before leaving the field, he and Coughlin met at mid field and shook hands and then he left the field. That was when all the chaos was going on before the official end of the game was announced.

I think it was classless he did not return to the field, but he did come back out of the tunnel before the final snap took place.

I hate Bellicheat. But what he did was not classless. He thought the game was over and left the field.

wishbonesooner
2/5/2008, 10:18 AM
He was told by the referee that the game was not over. I clearly saw him told, and he continued to run off. He did not think the game was over.

Aries
2/5/2008, 02:20 PM
The one-second thing was stupid. There's no chance in any situation that the one second would have mattered, so...

It can, and has happened. The NFL has a rule that the game has to play out however it plays out in regulation time, and though the odds of it changing in that one second are very remote, the team that is leading still has to execute until the game is over.

That includes the last second.

Animal Mother
2/5/2008, 02:22 PM
Strange....but I seem to remember a game at The Meadowlands where
Phil Simms was in the so-called "victory formation" and snatched defeat from
the jaws of victory by fumbling the ball away in the final seconds to see the other team return the fumble for a TD with :00 showing on the clock.
Timing's everything.....you just never know what may happen on any given
night.But don't rake Bill over the coals for his exit.......would you have wanted
to be in the middle of that chaos on the losing side...I wouldn't!

It was Joe Pisarcik and when he fumbled Herman Edwards, the KC Chiefs coach now, was a DB and returned the ball for a TD and the Eagles went to the playoffs. Simms may have been a rookie or in the league but itwasn't him.

DBrown
2/5/2008, 05:08 PM
I knew somebody would come through and clarify that....thanks;and I
personally apologize to Phil Simms.

picasso
2/5/2008, 05:18 PM
big deal, he already shook the coaches hands.