PDA

View Full Version : New(ish) Vehicle

soonerboomer93
2/3/2008, 02:01 AM
Went browsing online today and trying to decide if I was going to buy new or used. Compared some prices.

Found a '06 accord that's fully loaded except having a manual transmission
with 7k miles (1 owner on a lease, carfax cleared).

Went to the dealership and drove off 3 hours later with it.(with 2+ hours spent on all the damn paperwork).

Fun fun. Actually never owned a car this new.

I was nice and am letting them do the tint on it since the salesman had sold my dad his car a couple months ago. I also used to work for the dealership.

Heated seats = nice in the winter.

olevetonahill
2/3/2008, 02:03 AM
And Ur Prob ?
:eek:

Zbird
2/3/2008, 12:30 PM
Went browsing online today and trying to decide if I was going to buy new or used. Compared some prices.

Found a '06 accord that's fully loaded except having a manual transmission
with 7k miles (1 owner on a lease, carfax cleared).

Went to the dealership and drove off 3 hours later with it.(with 2+ hours spent on all the damn paperwork).

Fun fun. Actually never owned a car this new.

I was nice and am letting them do the tint on it since the salesman had sold my dad his car a couple months ago. I also used to work for the dealership.

Heated seats = nice in the winter.

Nice ride dude. Yer gonna love it.

soonerboomer93
2/3/2008, 02:30 PM
Oh, i'm enjoying it (would have prefered a coupe)

just trying to find an iPod kit for it

want the tint on asap though and it will look really sharp then

KABOOKIE
2/3/2008, 02:58 PM
Get some rims too. :D

yermom
2/3/2008, 02:58 PM
my buddy has a coupe

i hate that thing

your passengers will thank you :)

is the stereo stock?

soonerboomer93
2/3/2008, 03:10 PM
yeah, i have to leave it stock

has the nav system

yermom
2/3/2008, 03:19 PM
i got nothin' then.

all i can say is don't bother with teh FM transmitters if you can't find something that will fit with the stock stereo. the tape adapters work better than those.

although, if it's set up to work with Sirius or XM there is probably something out there

Sooner_Bob
2/3/2008, 03:22 PM
Cool . . . looking online for cars is the way to go.

Congrats.

soonerboomer93
2/3/2008, 03:58 PM
i never had problems with my iTrip in Korea

honda discontinued their music link attachment for the ipod, apparently it's crap

the aftermarket ones that work with won't display information on my display, and the ones that do display are apparently really buggy

I'll try the iTrip until they release the new version of the music link and hope it's not crap.

I do have XM, but it's still in preview mode right now, so I can't get all the channels. Hopefully they'll get it switched over in the next couple days and I can get the 90 day free trial up and running.

yermom
2/3/2008, 04:06 PM
around here and Dallas i had lots of interference problems with the local stations