PDA

View Full Version : If we don't get Julio?

SOONER STEAKER
2/2/2008, 10:12 PM
Do we have anther prospect that is waiting to hear from us. In other words, has our staff told some prospect that if we don't get Julio, you willl get that scholly offer?

Rhino
2/2/2008, 10:51 PM
If there is one, it's probably Kendall Wright. He wants to play receiver and we want him at safety. But if we don't land Julio, it's possible we can convince Kendall to come here and give it a shot at WR.

There's been talk in the past that Craig Ralls (http://tamu.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=71488&Sport=1) could get a last-minute offer if there was room, but I don't know if that's still the case.

Of course, we could just save it for a spring enrollee in next year's class.

BillyBall
2/3/2008, 01:07 PM
Is Joe Adams now out of the question? Are we even pursuing him anymore? I had read that USC wants to play him at corner but that he would like to play the slot.

The Consumate Showman
2/3/2008, 10:56 PM
We could give it to DJ Breathett if he proves himself worthy.

S out of Coffeyville CC that has said he will
walk-on at OU this spring and try to earn a
spot...his father played at OU in the early 80's.

Then again, I would kind of like to see us offer
the FB from Clinton...name escapes me now...

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 11:04 PM
If there's no one that's really worthy I got no problem with sticking it in our back pocket to use next year.

goingoneight
2/3/2008, 11:13 PM
I would like to see it left open for maybe one of those Mark Bradley types. A blue-collar kinda scholly if you will. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with what we're supposedly signing, it's nice to know they're accomplished athletes and all, but there will ALWAYS be room for those little surprises, "athletes" and walk-ons in my book.

possumfat
2/3/2008, 11:13 PM
poster on rivals.com was congratulating Alabama for signing Jones,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyone confirm?

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 11:27 PM
poster on rivals.com was congratulating Alabama for signing Jones,,,,,,,,,,,,,anyone confirm?

Yeah, signing day has not yet arrived so I can confirm that this is not true.

Rhino
2/4/2008, 12:55 AM

Then again, I would kind of like to see us offer the FB from Clinton...name escapes me now... Cameron Gladd (http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=59682&sport=1#colleges)

I forgot all about Breathett.

SOONER STEAKER
2/4/2008, 10:57 AM
I saw Gladd play this year twice on TV, are we looking at him as a LB? That kid has a nose for the ball. He also plays RB, but I think there are many kids that are better RB's that we could go after before Cameron.

salth2o
2/4/2008, 05:13 PM
If there is one, it's probably Kendall Wright. He wants to play receiver and we want him at safety.

Kendall really wants to come to OU, but his dad, for some reason, is pushing him to Baylor.

SOONER STEAKER
2/4/2008, 05:47 PM
Kendall really wants to come to OU, but his dad, for some reason, is pushing him to Baylor.

Dad knows son can play sooner than later at Baylor whereas at OU, he would have to really compete against some great athletes for playing time.

NCSooner18
2/4/2008, 06:42 PM

Then again, I would kind of like to see us offer
the FB from Clinton...name escapes me now...

OMG...is his Dad Sherdell(sp)? I remember that guy when I was in school. His muscles had muscles. I recall almost stepping in front of him in a pickup basketball game at the old field house. Would have been a very bad idea.

A guy I knew later that had been on the team for a couple of years told me a story about him punching, I think it was Forrest Valora, and knocking him out....with his helmet on. True or not, I don't know. But with his body and the fact that he was supposedly into martial arts, it wouldn't shock me.