PDA

View Full Version : hey weightlifters/runners/healthy people....

OUAndy1807
2/2/2008, 05:30 PM
can anyone recommend a good multi vitamin for active people?

also, do you take anything for joint health? with the jogging and the jiu jitsu my joints are taking quite a bit of abuse.

frankensooner
2/2/2008, 05:35 PM
First, stop running and use an Elliptical trainer.

Glucosamine - Helps repair damaged or eroded joint cartilage
Chondroitin - Attracts fluid into joint cartilage for shock absorption
MSM - Critical for maintaining elasticity of connective tissues

The One A Day mens health formula is pretty good

Howzit
2/2/2008, 05:37 PM
I've never taken multi-vitamins but take C and E regularly.

I take Glucosomine and Chondroitin. You can buy Glucosomine by itself or with Chondroitin or MSM. I asked a pharmamcist the difference and she said that her understanding was that the Chondroitin had the most data indicating success.

I don't really take the full amount recommended on the container either. I believe that is a left wing conspiracy not unlike the main stream media's bid to make John McCain the Republican candidate. You know it's true. And if you don't you're a doody head.

Howzit
2/2/2008, 05:38 PM
Don't listen to frankensooner, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

frankensooner
2/2/2008, 05:41 PM
True, but I am considering a jogging tour of Italy.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2008, 06:07 PM
I've never taken multi-vitamins but take C and E regularly.

I take Glucosomine and Chondroitin. You can buy Glucosomine by itself or with Chondroitin or MSM. I asked a pharmamcist the difference and she said that her understanding was that the Chondroitin had the most data indicating success.

what he said, you could probably take a men's daily vitamin. Used to be something called Cats Claw it was supposed to be a natural anti-inflammatory, might help.

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2008, 06:09 PM
while not really joint health, a roach clip will keep your fingers from getting burned.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2008, 06:11 PM
also if you have access to an eliptical use it, do it for 28 to 32 minutes go 4 easy 4 hard..... when you are done rest up get some water and go for short mile or mile and half run.

I had to help train a bunch of reservist, that reported in out of shape and overweight and this seemed to work magic on them. It was fairly low impact and wasn't even hard after a week or so. By getting out there and doing this with them I took over a minute off my 3 mile run.

frankensooner
2/2/2008, 06:12 PM
I would also recommend fish pills. Omega 6 fatty acids have been clinically shown to reduce cholesterol and increase heart health. the omega 3's (flax seed) have not been clinically proven as of yet, so stick to the fish.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2008, 06:13 PM
while not really joint health, a roach clip will keep your fingers from getting burned.

Yeah burnt fingers really take away from your special touch.

OUAndy1807
2/2/2008, 06:56 PM
we own an elliptical, but the workout I get on it doesn't compare to getting out on the road, no matter the speed or resistance I use. also, it's easier to quit running because you're tired if you don't have to figure out how to get back to the house.

BoomerSooner07
2/2/2008, 07:12 PM
my favorite is vitamin d:
deca durabolin

Sooner_Bob
2/2/2008, 10:47 PM
So none of you take those little blue pills?

CatfishSooner
2/2/2008, 11:01 PM
Most "muti-vitamins" will work and you should take one daily.

sooneron
2/2/2008, 11:38 PM
[Vet] Geritol and Natty!!![vet]