PDA

View Full Version : In Treatment

soonerbrat
2/2/2008, 12:10 PM
Has anyone seen this new show on HBO? I heard it was really good, but I forgot to record it...

it's on 5 nights a week; it's about a therapist. He sees different patients Monday - Thursday and then on Friday he visits his own therapist. Seems interesting and has few well-known actors as patients

BlondeSoonerGirl
2/6/2008, 05:34 PM
I'm watching it. I like it. A lot.

Dianne Wiest is awesome in this show.

Rogue
2/6/2008, 07:03 PM
Best new addictive teevee in a long time. Extremely well done. Can't say enough good about this. So, if the past is any predictor, HBO will cancel it after one season.

PeoriaSooner
2/7/2008, 01:53 AM
Best new addictive teevee in a long time. Extremely well done. Can't say enough good about this. So, if the past is any predictor, HBO will cancel it after one season.

Nah...unlike Deadwood and Rome whose production cost was ~ $1M per episode, it looks like they're only paying for a tract house, 2 cameras, some lights & mics, and at most 3 actors per episode on this one; it should stay around for awhile. Good show, though.

soonerbrat
2/7/2008, 11:41 AM
Getting ready to rewatch Sophie Week One and then watch Sophie Week Two. I think it's brilliant.

Rogue
2/18/2008, 10:18 PM
I love it. Laura week 4...she's very borderline.

Sooner_Bob
2/18/2008, 10:25 PM
I've wondered what this show was about.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 11:28 PM
I"ll have to watch it tomorrow. Laura's a freak. she's a doctor, right..it wouldn't surprise me to know that she's a psychiatrist. they're all crazy. the crazy doctors become shrinks because they think they can fix themselves.

soonerbrat
2/18/2008, 11:34 PM
I've wondered what this show was about.

it's about a therapist, Paul, who has patients each day of the week. Each show is a continuation of a session with the patient(s). Mondays he has Laura, a doctor....tuesdays Alex, a fighter pilot...wednesdays Sophie, a gymnast who's an olympic hopeful who's broken both her arms in an "accident", thursday a couple who were trying fertility treatments, gave up, then got pregnant. then the wife, amy, decided she wanted an abortion, and her husband, Jake, is livid about it.

ON friday, Dr. Paul goes to his own therapist whom he hasn't seen in years for some reason that is not quite clear yet. they've had some animosity between them in the past, yet he chooses to start his own therapy with her.

it's on Monday - Friday, with a new session for each person every week