anyone been there?

Is it a trust-fund wanna be hangout?

Is it a bar a club a restaurant?

Is it fun?

Am I too old (28)to go there?

Thanks!

Petro-Sooner
2/2/2008, 11:49 AM
I was not apart of the greek system so I never went. Way too trendy for my taste. I am about to have a freebirds burito however.

SoonerBorn
2/2/2008, 11:50 AM
I've been there a couple of times - it "feels" kinda like Cafe Nova in OKC, if that helps. It's a higher end restaurant with kind of a retro 70s feel. The food was good, but it is a bit pricey. Each time I've went, it's been with a group of people, all of whom are "too old" (ie, over 28) by your standards. :)

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2008, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info SoonerBorn.

By too old I didn't know if it was filled with 21 and 22 year old punkassed college kids.

I'm going to a birthday party there tonight. I hope it's as fun as birthday parties were at McDonald's when I was a kid. ;)

SoonerBorn
2/2/2008, 12:30 PM
By too old I didn't know if it was filled with 21 and 22 year old punkassed college kids.

Oh yeah, plenty of those. Just, on the night my friends and I were there, it was also semi-filled with 39 and 40 year old punkassed nerds and the significant others who tolerate us. :) No worries, it's a fun place.

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2008, 12:32 PM
sweet

me and my friends are gonna fit right in being as we are a bunch o' punkasses!!!

dolemitesooner
2/2/2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the info SoonerBorn.

I'm going to a birthday party there tonight. I hope it's as fun as birthday parties were at McDonald's when I was a kid. ;)
INNNN. I will meet you there

1stTimeCaller
2/2/2008, 12:51 PM
6pm be there and bring the KY

Howzit
2/2/2008, 01:09 PM
Take a shower first.

tommieharris91
2/2/2008, 01:32 PM
I hate it there. You can find cheaper beer and just as good fluff at other places on Campus Corner.

dolemitesooner
2/2/2008, 01:32 PM
ok

King Crimson
2/2/2008, 01:36 PM
i went to a place called "blu" that was in the old Cocino de Mino location (before that the Red Parrot) just south of downtown about a year ago. they seemed to be going for the upscale, hotties waiting tables in black dresses.....urban new american cuisine thing. it was OK, but kind of pricey, overstylized, and some things were mos def better than others.

is that still there?

OUAndy1807
2/2/2008, 03:21 PM
747 is ok, but I wouldn't put it on the level of a Cafe Nova (and I really don't even like the food at cafe nova) I would say it's the poor man's cafe nova.

Check out the beer selection. I seem to remember them having Cristal beer or something for like $1/per.

The food is decent, the clientelle is kind of douchy and the atmosphere is trying to be chic but feels very cheap.

Vaevictis
2/2/2008, 04:08 PM
After one of the home games, I was walking by Seven47 on the way home, and there was a huge line of frat boys waiting to get inside.

As I walked by, a really old lady pointed at the line, and said to her -- I presume -- husband, and said, "That must be the gay club!"

True story. :D

GottaHavePride
2/2/2008, 09:42 PM
The Library pwns that place.

Except when the chick-pants gay dude bartender is working. then it's a little too gay in there.

sooneron
2/2/2008, 10:44 PM
I have always thought it looked like a place that was trying too hard.

JohnnyMack
2/2/2008, 11:09 PM
the clientelle is kind of douchy

He'll fit right in.

CatfishSooner
2/2/2008, 11:11 PM
The Library pwns that place.

Except when the chick-pants gay dude bartender is working. then it's a little too gay in there.

Library pawgs it as a gay place ??? Is that what you are saying ??

sooneron
2/2/2008, 11:36 PM
Which part of "Except" do you no comprende?:rolleyes:

GottaHavePride
2/3/2008, 12:04 AM

No, I meant that The Library is one of the best bars I've ever been in, in any state.

EXCEPT on the days when the gay chick-pants wearing bartender is in there and sets the stereo on 80s-flashback Tiffany marathons. Then it's a little too gay in there for optimal drinking. It's tough to enjoy your bourbon when Debbie Gibson is drowning out the conversation.

proud gonzo
2/3/2008, 12:57 AM
i went to a place called "blu" that was in the old Cocino de Mino location (before that the Red Parrot) just south of downtown about a year ago. they seemed to be going for the upscale, hotties waiting tables in black dresses.....urban new american cuisine thing. it was OK, but kind of pricey, overstylized, and some things were mos def better than others.

is that still there?yeah, blu is still there. It's pretty nice, though I tend to stick to the drink specials...or make sure somebody else is paying :D They have awesome hummus, though. I especially like that they have two rooms w/ couches and coffee tables.