PDA

View Full Version : I MET AD Tonight.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
2/2/2008, 12:06 AM
In conjunction with the Super Bowl, here in PHX, some company arranged for AD to be here at a Wal-Mart from 5-7 PM, autographing a DVD about the greatest plays of the Superbowls over the years. I heard about him giving autographs, but didn't hear about the need to buy the DVD for him to autograph. He was not allowed to autograph anything else. Anyway, I was in line with an OU baseball hat for him to autograph, when I found out about the DVD.

Well, I didn't care about the DVD or the autograph. I just wanted to meet him. So, I stood in line, and waited to meet him. I shook his hand, told him I was a lifelong Sooner fan, from OKC, then asked him why he thought OU has done so poorly in bowls lately. There was considerable background noise, and he spoke his answer softly. I couldn't hear him very well, but it was something about how the team just doesn't seem to get ready. They were hustling people through, so I let it be at that.

It was quite an operation, and very lucrative for all the parties involved in the signing, I would imagine. He signed for 2 hrs, probably between 300-500 people times $17 per DVD. I don't know how many signing sessions he's doing around town this week, but, pretty cool for him.

There were several security guards, and a couple or 3 bodyguards, and a woman standing right next to his table that made sure he only signed their DVD. So, while I was there, I bought a bunch of stuff at the Wal-Mart.

KantoSooner
2/2/2008, 02:08 AM
If so, that's essentially a leadership issue and one that Stoops should be addressing on the coach's side.
On the player's side, I have a sneaking suspicion that we will, once again, be pleasantly surprised by Mr. Bradford going forward. He seems like the type. In fact, I'm prepared to opine that we may have seen only the merest beginning of what he will do in his career at OU.
Now, we need to find that Mike Singletary type character on the defense....

goingoneight
2/2/2008, 03:34 AM
I think Lendy Holmes, Jermaine Gresham and Sam Bradford are all going to be outstanding leaders very soon. Just look at what they've done... Lendy Holmes is an excitable personality and can really get the D fired up, Sam is the claming presence, but knows when to get down to business and Jermaine Gresham is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Nobody has more fun and makes more Sooner faithful smile and laugh than when he makes a play. That kind of positive vibe rubs off on teh n00bs.

soonerbock
2/2/2008, 03:50 AM
So he offered really no insight and you didn't get your DVD signed. Good work.

AzianSooner
2/2/2008, 04:08 AM
Bob Stoops can hire me and give me enough authority, i can make the team ready instantly.

I won't let them eat breakfast if they didn't complete the 10 miles run.
I won't let them eat lunch or sleep or hanging in student athletic dorm if they don't bench enough assignment and running and practing hard.
I cut their dinner too if a guy complete daily assingment less than require.
If a guy mis-catch or mis-takle during the game, he will have his dorm water cut-off. He will have to walk down stair with a bucket to get water for bath.
Hell, No phone or cell phone or gf from 7pm-7am.

Yeah.. It's Soviet rule but it works.

Seamus
2/2/2008, 04:35 AM
I like the way Azian rolls.

2/2/2008, 10:18 AM
I like the way Azian rolls.Sounds good to me, too. (and I didn't buy the DVD, because I didn't want it or care about getting the autograph)

Newbomb Turk
2/2/2008, 10:23 AM
So he offered really no insight and you didn't get your DVD signed. Good work.

2 posts.

Hope your other one was better than this one.

sooneron
2/2/2008, 11:46 AM
I like the way Azian rolls.
Spring rolls are my fave.:texan:

Followed closely by spider roll

KingDavid
2/2/2008, 04:39 PM
Spring rolls are my fave.:texan:

Followed closely by spider roll

It's all about context, for me. I actually prefer Azian (fat) rolls when it comes to Sumo wrestlers. Cars: a black Rolls with polished chrome. Thanksgiving: buttered sourdough. Breakfast: cinnamon or pigs in a blanket. Chinese food: egg. Japanese: I'd have to go with you on the spider.

KingDavid
2/2/2008, 04:43 PM
I think Lendy Holmes, Jermaine Gresham and Sam Bradford are all going to be outstanding leaders very soon. Just look at what they've done... Lendy Holmes is an excitable personality and can really get the D fired up, Sam is the claming presence, but knows when to get down to business and Jermaine Gresham is the ultimate crowd-pleaser. Nobody has more fun and makes more Sooner faithful smile and laugh than when he makes a play. That kind of positive vibe rubs off on teh n00bs.

That guy for the D could be Auston Johnson, Gerald McCoy, Ryan Reynolds have the potential to be the leaders and soul-blood of the D next year, and beyond. Makes me sick that we lost Lofton. He was the man.

Whet
2/2/2008, 04:46 PM
RLIMC - did you notice any other OU fans in the line?

2/2/2008, 05:37 PM
RLIMC - did you notice any other OU fans in the line?I saw a guy wearing a red, presumably OU hat, about 25 people in front of me, but didn't get a good look. He was the only one I noticed that looked to be showing any article of the Sooners. The line to get in wound around corners, so you couldn't see too far ahead.

tulsaoilerfan
2/2/2008, 06:23 PM
Sounds good to me, too. (and I didn't buy the DVD, because I didn't want it or care about getting the autograph)
Too bad because i'm sure someone on here would have gladly paid you extra for the auto'd DVD; lots of AD autos out there, but you have to be careful in what you buy

frankensooner
2/2/2008, 06:34 PM
So, while I was there, I bought a bunch of stuff at the Wal-Mart.
Why do you hate America? ;)

2/2/2008, 06:36 PM
Why do you hate America? ;)My allegiance to Wal-Mart is the whore porpoise of this thread!

frankensooner
2/2/2008, 06:38 PM
Just mail half your paycheck to Arkansas and the other half to China! ;) Oh and AD RAWKS

KantoSooner
2/2/2008, 08:10 PM
Let me know the next time you want to spend $50 for a bath towel and we'll load up the boat in South Carolina with good ole 'made in USA' stuff for you. Oh, any need for $150 sneakers or $25 ice scrapers? Got a pile 'o them for you, too.

OU-HSV
2/2/2008, 08:34 PM
Come on....just about everyone goes to wal mart for one thing or another. Or full cartloads of groceries. So everyone quit acting like you don't spend money at your local wally world. :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
2/2/2008, 08:40 PM
Bob Stoops can hire me and give me enough authority, i can make the team ready instantly.

I won't let them eat lunch or sleep or hanging in student athletic dorm if they don't bench enough assignment and running and practing hard.
If a guy mis-catch or mis-takle during the game, he will have his dorm water cut-off. He will have to walk down stair with a bucket to get water for bath.

Yeah.. It's Soviet rule but it works.***************, is that you?

85sooners
2/2/2008, 09:10 PM
:texan:

2/2/2008, 09:58 PM
:texan:?

SoonerShark
2/3/2008, 02:11 PM

Yeah.. It's Soviet rule but it works.

To quote the man with the stick:

"Beatings will continue until attitudes improve."

____my motto as I lead my army of one

Of course, that motto can be taken in more than one way.