PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone here.....

SteelClip49
2/1/2008, 08:02 PM
have the privilege of witnessing or actually going to Woodstock in 1969? Just wanting to know...or at least know some stories about what some of you did during that time; what did it mean to you, etc.

usmc-sooner
2/1/2008, 08:05 PM
wasn't born yet, but to me it meant that a bunch of hippies got stoned and listened to some music in a field and spread syphilis and herpes to each other.

OUinFLA
2/1/2008, 10:59 PM
I wanted to go, but the USN would not give me a weeks pass out of Boot Camp.
They just had no idea of what was really important at the time.

I had a friend who went, said Santana RAWKED.

olevetonahill
2/1/2008, 11:41 PM
NO
I was Kinda Busy
Just sayin

SanJoaquinSooner
2/2/2008, 12:26 AM
Two weeks after Woodstock, a similar festival was held north of Dallas. I attended it.

http://pyzeppelin.free.fr/photos/affiches/69-08-31-texaspop.jpg

Two of my friends and I drove down from OKC labor day weekend.

What I recall: Very hot in the day, but quite enjoyable at night. we slept in our car as did thousands of others. Many camped out at Lake dallas. The most memorable acts were Santana, Sam & Dave, Joplin, Sly Stone, Led Zep. The opening band each day was Grand Funk. they were an unknown band playing for free, trying to make a name.

SouthFortySooner
2/2/2008, 03:41 AM
I went to high school with a couple brothers whose parents took them to Chicago to see the Beatles.

Also know a guy who admitted to a van load of guys on the way to Canada on a fishing trip he had gone to see the Village People, .....with his church group.

We ridiculed him for years and then just last week he's at my place and I'm jammin to some Itunes and Stevie Ray is playin "Little Wing" and he says out of the blue I saw him in Tulsa. :eek: I went to some of the other dudes in the van and told them he had surely evened out that other deal. :)

VeeJay
2/2/2008, 11:39 AM
I was nine years old. We went camping on vacation somewhere around Gatlinburg. At the campground, there were a few couples with motorcycles staying there. My dad grumped "they're probably going to that rock festival."

That's my memory of Woodstock.