PDA

View Full Version : Mike Reed Update???

Collier11
2/1/2008, 03:28 PM
Rhino or anyone else with info inside the program, a guy on another board said that Mike Reed is eligible, working out with the team, and has rededicated himself to football now that his family life is stable again and his wife is doing better.

Can anyone confirm this, if this is true I couldnt be happier for the guy and more excited for next year to see how well he does...?

colleyvillesooner
2/1/2008, 03:36 PM
The first rule about Mike Reed is...

Jason White's Third Knee
2/1/2008, 03:47 PM
The dad on the Brady Bunch? He died years ago. I think he died of being too gay. Over-gay they called it.

Rhino
2/1/2008, 03:58 PM
He's supposed to be participating in spring workouts. We'll see if he's 100% into it.

Collier11
2/1/2008, 04:01 PM
He's supposed to be participating in spring workouts. We'll see if he's 100% into it.

Good to hear and lets hope so!

zeke
2/1/2008, 04:28 PM
I remember his slobber knocker hit on about the first play of the spring game on AP.

I'll bet he is back and back in a big way after he gets into the swing of things.

Desert Sapper
2/1/2008, 05:31 PM
Let's hope he can cover the pass. We need more of that tip drill mentality, where dudes get a hand on the ball, whether they grab it or not.

Desert Sapper
2/1/2008, 05:43 PM
Oh, and I'm glad that he is doing better on the family front. It sounded like he was going to be a domestic casualty for a little while there.

SOONER STEAKER
2/1/2008, 05:50 PM
That's good news if e's eligible. That means will have some good compitition this spring at LB'er. I like the LB's who rip heads off!! :eek:

stoopified
2/1/2008, 06:14 PM
Good news

KingDavid
2/1/2008, 08:30 PM
If this holds up, it might be better news than landing Arthur Brown. He's every bit as good, and just as fast if he's in shape. But I think he's more violent. IMO, of course. The violence could be his downfall, though - kind of like TRRW: I think he's potentially a "huge hit addict" to where he might not have enough discipline for BV to let him see much time on the field. We'll see . . .:pop:

RedstickSooner
2/1/2008, 09:49 PM
If this holds up, it might be better news than landing Arthur Brown. He's every bit as good, and just as fast if he's in shape. But I think he's more violent. IMO, of course. The violence could be his downfall, though - kind of like TRRW: I think he's potentially a "huge hit addict" to where he might not have enough discipline for BV to let him see much time on the field. We'll see . . .:pop:

After the "no hit addicts" we seem to have on defense lately, I'd love to have that problem. Surely we could dedicate one slot on the D to slobberknocking? Let the prissy, er, technically superior players stay in position and gingerly bring down anyone that gets past the Mike linebacker.

KingDavid
2/1/2008, 10:26 PM
After the "no hit addicts" we seem to have on defense lately, I'd love to have that problem. Surely we could dedicate one slot on the D to slobberknocking? Let the prissy, er, technically superior players stay in position and gingerly bring down anyone that gets past the Mike linebacker.

Sounds good to me. The dude can bring the wood, fo sho.

KantoSooner
2/1/2008, 10:47 PM
If entered into our current defense, where do you gentle-people think he'd line up?
Where I'm going with this would be to think about who would be on the line in front of him. Bosworth would not have been Bosworth without Casillas laying waste to whatever poor, sorry fool was in front of him....thus leaving the Boz with a clear lane.

mizzOUstu702
2/2/2008, 02:59 AM
What year would he be? Junior? Senior?

goingoneight
2/2/2008, 03:41 AM
I remember his slobber knocker hit on about the first play of the spring game on AP.

I'll bet he is back and back in a big way after he gets into the swing of things.

Well, as nice as it looked, the LOAD whiffed on his first block as a Sooner and AP ran right into him. MR didn't do squat the entire rest of the day. In fact, DeMarco ate his lunch for him a couple of times.

We have nothing really to judge him on yet unfortunately besides a bad spring game. However, Curtis Lofton and Duke Robinson both had bad spring games last season, too and made AA.

effay
2/2/2008, 11:20 AM
From what I hear, Reynolds is the new MLB.

Desert Sapper
2/2/2008, 12:52 PM

He was listed as Lofton's backup there for most of the year. Not sure how it translates if Reed is back and playing well. Not to mention Lamont Robinson. And from what I hear, Travis Lewis is faster than all of them, and built like Lofton. So there's that, too. Spring should be highly entertaining if all these guys are healthy.

tulsaoilerfan
2/2/2008, 01:53 PM
Hopefully with a year of practice, and not rehabbing a bum knee, Reynolds will be able to fill Lofton's shoes next Fall

KingDavid
2/2/2008, 04:32 PM

effay, would you say we have a plethura of middle linebackers?

name that movie and gain my spek.

Crucifax Autumn
2/2/2008, 09:22 PM
You talkin' about 3 amigos?

OUmillenium
2/2/2008, 10:29 PM
farly...

mobilesteve
2/3/2008, 11:05 AM

Nothing is set in stone for the MLB for Spring. Reynolds & Reed will most likely split time. Then when Bryant & Balogun get on campus in the summer we'll have to see. Reynolds will start somewhere, it depends if Reed or Balogun can handle the middle. If they can't figure out the defense, then Reynolds will move to MLB. If one of them pick it up, then Reynolds will go to WLB. Bryant is probably looking at the SLB or WLB. That's my .02.

Desert Sapper
2/3/2008, 03:46 PM
I'm thinking there's a lot of time to figure out the starters. We brought in some LBs last year (Lewis, Box, and Reed), Crow has shown some goodness and so has Lamont Robinson (who was Lofton's back up at year end), and we have the two JUCOs coming in. Lewis is supposedly very fast. The competition should be fierce in the spring.