PDA

View Full Version : Hey, Crawfish

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2008, 08:27 PM
So based on your recommendation, I've been reading the Harry Dresden books. I'm about halfway through Blood Rites now.

These books are weird. I don't actually care for them-I think they're a little hackneyed and cliched-but I don't seem able to put them down when I'm reading in bed. Like I won't read them at all when I'm relaxing at home, but if I'm reading in bed I'll stay up until 3 to find out what happens next-even though I can usually guess. Crazy.

They're a bit racier than I expected out of you, too.

I just banned Howzit and 1tc in celebration of this thread, by the way. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
1/31/2008, 08:29 PM
I just banned Howzit and 1tc in celebration of this thread, by the way.
AWESOME! I've been waiting for this to happen for the past week :rolleyes:

crawfish
1/31/2008, 08:44 PM
Heh. They're pretty cliche'd, but that's not a bad thing in this case. They're incredibly easy reads - not much brain activity required. I'm not crazy about most of the books in that genre, but his are pretty fun.

(Yeah, I'm a bit embarrassed about the racy parts. Please don't judge me too harshly. :O )

You should also try out Butcher's Codex Alera series. It's entirely different - epic fantasy and not much humor - but still very good. The ideas came out of a bet he made that he could come up with an idea to mix Roman society with Pokemon. That sounds a lot weirder that it actually plays out. :)

crawfish
1/31/2008, 08:45 PM
Oh, and if you like that series, then you can celebrate by banning critical_phil, too. :D

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2008, 08:48 PM
YAY!!!!

proud gonzo
1/31/2008, 08:54 PM
we had to read a few excerpts from those books last year in my short story class, and I didn't care much for them. can't really judge on only a few pages, though.

crawfish
1/31/2008, 08:59 PM
we had to read a few excerpts from those books last year in my short story class, and I didn't care much for them. can't really judge on only a few pages, though.

Any OU alum who becomes a bestselling author deserves more than a few page attempt.

Fer shame. :mad:

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2008, 09:00 PM
Is he an OU alum?

Well, then. I'll have to recant.

CJ Cherryhjasfsdgsdfma however you spell her name is as well.