PDA

View Full Version : Latest 2008 Top 25 from Rivals

oupride
1/31/2008, 10:17 AM
Revised their preseason rankings to reflect roster changes, coaching hires, etc.
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=767414#top25
Mizzou is favorite to win the Big 12. We are doomed!

BIG_IKE
1/31/2008, 10:26 AM
Mizzou is not even gonna win in Austin in my opinion

Widescreen
1/31/2008, 10:40 AM
I wonder how many beatdowns we're going to have to give them before people stop the Mizzougasm. Ugh.

OU_Sooners75
1/31/2008, 12:02 PM
Didn't we lose our three best players after the 2006 season? And still had no QB going into the season?

Rivals and Scout are nothing more than stupid tools!

yermom
1/31/2008, 01:06 PM
Texas is only #15 AND 3 other Big 12 teams are above them?

is hornfans down yet?

picasso
1/31/2008, 01:23 PM
Didn't we lose our three best players after the 2006 season? And still had no QB going into the season?

Rivals and Scout are nothing more than stupid tools!
Everybody said '03 would be a rebuilding year for us after losing so many players.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 01:24 PM
I think that's crap. USC doesn't have a QB returning.

silverwheels
1/31/2008, 01:26 PM

Sanchez/Mustain will be an upgrade over Booty.

Meh, Signing Day isn't here yet. Tell Rivals to give this a shot in August.

Youngsooner
1/31/2008, 01:28 PM
Oh well ... we'll beat mizzou in the big 12 championship again... hopefully their number one when we do it again ;)

and the Invincible bestest team in the world SUC is number one... surprise surprise

BIG_IKE
1/31/2008, 01:32 PM
Texas is only #15 AND 3 other Big 12 teams are above them?

is hornfans down yet?

Three other conference teams finished ranked higher than them at the end of this year. Seems about right to me.
Do I think KU and MU both beat Uterus? Doubt it..

primetime43
1/31/2008, 01:33 PM
Rivals logic makes no sense. They lost way more playmakers then we did. Malcolm Kelly who I absolutely love was a non-factor in the second half of the season. Did they forget what Tony Temple did to Arkansas? I guess they figured Chase Daniels can finally beat us without Curtis Lofton in his head.

primetime43
1/31/2008, 01:35 PM

Yes but they're the media darlings!

JLEW1818
1/31/2008, 01:37 PM
Take a look at Georgia schedule. Not to easy.

Sat, Aug 30 Georgia Southern Athens, Ga. TBA

Sat, Sep 06 Central Michigan Athens, Ga. TBA

Sat, Sep 13 South Carolina * at Columbia, S.C. TBA

Sat, Sep 20 Arizona State at Tempe, Ariz. TBA

Sat, Sep 27 Alabama * Athens, Ga TBA

Sat, Oct 11 Tennessee * Athens, Ga. TBA

Sat, Oct 18 Vanderbilt - Homecoming * Athens, Ga. TBA

Sat, Oct 25 LSU * at Baton Rouge, La. TBA

Sat, Nov 01 Florida * at Jacksonville, Fla. TBA

Sat, Nov 08 Kentucky * at Lexington, Ky. TBA

Sat, Nov 15 Auburn * at Auburn, Ala. TBA

Sat, Nov 29 Georgia Tech Athens, Ga. TBA

3 road games and a neutral game with Florida in a row.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 01:38 PM
Sanchez/Mustain will be an upgrade over Booty.

Meh, Signing Day isn't here yet. Tell Rivals to give this a shot in August.
I dunno, isn't that what Nebraska thought with Keller?

JLEW1818
1/31/2008, 01:38 PM
Oklahoma has the best schedule to go undefeated, as well as Ohio state. JMO

silverwheels
1/31/2008, 01:40 PM
I dunno, isn't that what Nebraska thought with Keller?

The difference is Sanchez has been there longer than Keller was at Nebraska. Booty was a wuss like Keller.

JLEW1818
1/31/2008, 01:42 PM
Ohio State will show Sanchez whats up. Then they will lose to Illinois and Michigan hehe

goingoneight
1/31/2008, 07:58 PM
Just wondering... did anyone see Sanchez play last year? He's ntop exactly great. And Mitch Mustain isn't great either. People gawked over him being 8-0 as a starter at Dorkansas, but they were riding the McFadden train heavily during that streak and Mustain's numbers were weak. Couldn't keep his starting job over Casey Dick? Come on.

silverwheels
1/31/2008, 08:43 PM
Just wondering... did anyone see Sanchez play last year? He's ntop exactly great. And Mitch Mustain isn't great either. People gawked over him being 8-0 as a starter at Dorkansas, but they were riding the McFadden train heavily during that streak and Mustain's numbers were weak. Couldn't keep his starting job over Casey Dick? Come on.

Well, from what I've read, USC fans couldn't wait to get rid of Booty. He wasn't the best decision-maker, that's for sure.

And I think Mustain gets a pass since he was a true freshman that season. Don't know if you remember that.

sooneron
1/31/2008, 11:11 PM
I wish that they and everyone else would have dropped us 5 more spots. At least.

OU-HSV
1/31/2008, 11:39 PM
Well, from what I've read, USC fans couldn't wait to get rid of Booty. He wasn't the best decision-maker, that's for sure.

And I think Mustain gets a pass since he was a true freshman that season. Don't know if you remember that.
True Freshman, RS Fresh., Soph, JR., SR......didn't matter, he sucked.

BUT something someone posted on here not too long ago mentioned that Mitch was a "scout team beast" at USC this past season. So he must've been improving since at Arkiesaw

silverwheels
2/1/2008, 12:21 AM
True Freshman, RS Fresh., Soph, JR., SR......didn't matter, he sucked.

It does matter. How many true freshman QBs are actually any good?

I'll wait right here.

JLEW1818
2/1/2008, 10:03 AM
how many true freshman actually start? at qb.

cheezyq
2/1/2008, 11:19 AM

Dude, USC could enter the stadium with only 11 total players equipped with t-shirts, leather helmets, and bunny slippers and still beat the pants off any top-10 program with a fully loaded, fully equipped machete-donning roster.

Sarcasm meter: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Civicus_Sooner
2/1/2008, 11:53 AM
Dude, USC could enter the stadium with only 11 total players equipped with t-shirts, leather helmets, and bunny slippers and still beat the pants off any top-10 program with a fully loaded, fully equipped machete-donning roster.

Sarcasm meter: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
yeah, your probably right. ;)

I guess Sam Bradford is giving everyone hope.

:D

MichiganSooner
2/1/2008, 02:10 PM
Kind of surprised Boone Pickens State is not listed. Won't they certainly have the world's most powerful offense?

birddog
2/1/2008, 02:34 PM
Kind of surprised Boone Pickens State is not listed. Won't they certainly have the world's most powerful offense?

they're changing that to "WORLDS MOST POWERFUL JUNIOR COLLEGE" after getting desperate and signing a bajillion jucos on defense.

BoulderSooner79
2/2/2008, 12:44 AM
I wish that they and everyone else would have dropped us 5 more spots. At least.
Word. I'd like to start out in the mid-teens; kinda like in 2000.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 08:12 AM
Word. I'd like to start out in the mid-teens; kinda like in 2000.Meh, I'll take top 5 like in 1985

Echoes
2/4/2008, 12:52 AM
Not that it matters at all, it just makes me feel good :)

In the "where will we start in 2008 thread" I predicted we would be 8th, with the list pretty close to that one. I do beleive we will be ranked 8th in the official poll too. Not that it matters at all, but with our losses it would be unreasonable not to drop us some spots.