PDA

View Full Version : SHIAT, the DVR is down...Houston we have a problem.

OU4LIFE
1/31/2008, 09:49 AM
for some reason our DVR crapped out last night, and I'm sure Suddenlink will want to 'schedule a time' to come and look at it. THAT DOESN'T help me for tonight dammit. New Lost, Smallville, and Supernatural....AND it's poker night.

and of course I migrated to the current and ditched the old VCR's...so now I'm ska-rewed.

feel free to point and laugh.

soonerinabilene
1/31/2008, 09:51 AM
go to a pawn shop and drop 15 bucks on a vcr.

TopDaugIn2000
oh man, that sucks. I don't know what I'd do w/o a DVR now. I've gotten spoiled.

OKLA21FAN
http://www.tigerreport.com/images/559_miles_pointing.jpg

soonerinabilene
1/31/2008, 09:52 AM
or 45 bucks on three vcrs.

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 09:53 AM
What have you tried to fix it? Mine went out a few times, and all I needed to do was unplug the cable box and then turn it back on.

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 09:54 AM
SUDDEN LINK... WE'RE CORRUPTED!

Mjcpr
1/31/2008, 09:58 AM
What have you tried to fix it? Mine went out a few times, and all I needed to do was unplug the cable box and then turn it back on.

Yeah, that power down for a minute or so thing fixes a lot of problems with my cable box.....I'd definitely give that a shot first.

colleyvillesooner
1/31/2008, 10:06 AM
http://pichostonline.com/u/080131/4c1b0ecd1d.jpg

TopDaugIn2000
1/31/2008, 10:09 AM
so I did a GIS for "Finger Point" (I know, I'm living dangerously) and it came up with this:

http://thegiantnapkin.com/images/henry%20fingers%20madison.jpg

OU4LIFE
1/31/2008, 10:09 AM
did the power down thing. I've had to do that before and it rebooted and was ok....not this time.

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 10:15 AM
did the power down thing. I've had to do that before and it rebooted and was ok....not this time.
Bummer. I figured you had tried, but I wanted to make sure.
You may be able to trade out the receiver at their office on 6th.

M
1/31/2008, 10:16 AM
That sucks. I miss my DVR. :(

Mjcpr
1/31/2008, 10:17 AM
Call the cable office and see if they'll switch it out if you bring it down to their office.....you can return/pick up equipment here at the Cox offices but I don't know what they do down there in Petticoat Junction.

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:25 AM
for some reason our DVR crapped out last night, and I'm sure Suddenlink will want to 'schedule a time' to come and look at it. THAT DOESN'T help me for tonight dammit. New Lost, Smallville, and Supernatural....AND it's poker night.

and of course I migrated to the current and ditched the old VCR's...so now I'm ska-rewed.

feel free to point and laugh.

POKER NIGHT!

me too.

OU4LIFE
1/31/2008, 10:26 AM
Only problem is the box is at home. that means I have to drive 24 freaking miles to replace it.

for what they charge people, they shoudl drop off a replacement at your door. along with dinner.

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 11:03 AM
Only problem is the box is at home. that means I have to drive 24 freaking miles to replace it.

for what they charge people, they shoudl drop off a replacement at your door. along with dinner.
Word.

soonerinabilene
1/31/2008, 11:03 AM

for what they charge people, they shoudl drop off a replacement at your door. along with a stripper.

werd.

JohnnyMack
1/31/2008, 11:05 AM
POKER NIGHT!

me too.

Lucky you.

I'm sorry, what?

Sooner_Bob
1/31/2008, 01:52 PM
switch to directv . . . :D

goingoneight
1/31/2008, 07:49 PM
go to a target and drop 10 bucks on a vcr.
;)

bluedogok
1/31/2008, 10:26 PM

24 miles? That's all? Hell, that is nothing more than a normal commute.

critical_phil
1/31/2008, 10:40 PM
POKER NIGHT!

me too.

:hot:

goingoneight
1/31/2008, 10:41 PM
24 miles? That's all? Hell, that is nothing more than a normal commute.

Pffft... yeah... walking distance. :D

OU4LIFE
2/1/2008, 09:03 AM
ok, just FYI for those of you that happen to have a suddenlink DVR that inexplicably stops working correctly and you've unplugged it and it still doesn't work...do this:

mute the tv, and make sure the box is powered off. now puch and hold the power button for several seconds until the little screen on the DVR comes up with 'Boot"...then let it cycle up until it shows the correct time of day, then it shoudl work....apparently this is a cure all, if that doesn't fix it, it's replacement time.

you are welcome.

MamaMia
2/1/2008, 09:21 AM
With Suddenlink, I was never "connected."

JohnnyMack
2/1/2008, 10:16 AM
ok, just FYI for those of you that happen to have a suddenlink DVR that inexplicably stops working correctly and you've unplugged it and it still doesn't work...do this:

mute the tv, and make sure the box is powered off. now puch and hold the power button for several seconds until the little screen on the DVR comes up with 'Boot"...then let it cycle up until it shows the correct time of day, then it shoudl work....apparently this is a cure all, if that doesn't fix it, it's replacement time.

you are welcome.

You're a regular Geek Squad.

TopDaugIn2000
2/1/2008, 10:42 AM
http://smithwinchester.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/koanbabygeek.gif

OU4LIFE
2/1/2008, 10:44 AM
With Suddenlink, I was never "connected."

well, the jingle goes 'Suddenly, we're connected' Sooo, it's not really you they are talking about, it's them, they're connected to your wallet.

Dear JohnnyMack,

Eateth Me-eth.

Love,

4LIFE

StormySooner-IN
2/1/2008, 04:16 PM
switch to directv . . . :DNo.:eek:

I had them. Our DVR broke. I called them about it. They told me its warranty was expired. So I canceled the DVR service, and right after it was off the account, the lady said a box would arrive in a few days to send it back. I was like "What!?"..."It is a rented receiver from us that you don't own and you need to return it." Um, no. I bought it from Best Buy 5 years ago for about $170. "Well, thats not what this says here....yadda yadda yadda" So after arguing I just decided to send it back since it was broke, old, and we were getting AT&T in a few months.

Then are bill came for the final month. A $376 early cancellation fee for the DVR. There apparently was a 1-year contract for us to stay with DirecTV, that we violated because we only been customers for 12 years. 12>>1.

So, yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda....we were basically stolen of a broken DVR then robbed of nearly $400. Tried and tried to fight it, numerous phone calls. We eventually wrote a detailed letter to the Dispute Dept. An automated letter came back saying the charges were because we violated a (non-existent) contract.

We have all AT&T stuff now, I couldn't be happier with the better pricing, more channels/services, customer service, and MUCH better picture quality.

BudSooner
3/1/2008, 09:49 PM
Just a question, have you got the new ATT UVerse in your area Stormy?
It's supposed to be the latest greatest thing, or so they say.

OUTromBoNado
3/2/2008, 12:12 AM
I haven't had problems with Suddenlink yet, but they are WAY overpriced.