PDA

View Full Version : Question for all you Oil Field Peeps/Landmen

Howzit
1/31/2008, 09:02 AM
Chesapeake has acquired the rights, or whatever the correct terminology is, to drill around my house. Like, really close. I got a letter from a broker wanting to pay me royalties or buy the rights outright.

My guess is I have little choice in this, as I'll be pooled anyway if I choose not to sell, but my question really is more in terms of how obnoxious you guys' rigs are these days. :D

See, I live right along a fence that borders a greenbelt area, and there is about 1/4 to 1/2 mile between the fence and Grapevine Lake. There is a Northshore Gun club there that is apparently allowing Chesapeake to drill on their property, so I'm concerned I'm going to have this big ol' honkin' loud rig that lights up the freakin sky all hours of the night chugging away 24/7. Is that offbase?

Additionally, that greenbelt area is part of a park area with blocked off paved roads and off-road trails for mountain bikers that is used extensively by a lot of people, including yours truly. How bad do areas generally get torn up in one of these things.

Can you hep a bruthuh out?

TIA

Hamhock
1/31/2008, 09:04 AM
i'd be more concerned about one of the drillers peeing in your flower bed.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 09:14 AM
dude, nobody f***s up a road like the oilfield. It's unbelieveable.

You're going to hear three Caterpillar diesel engines running 24 hours a day.

The brake on the drum may be noisy as all get out so on top of the engines you're going to have this EEEEEEEEEKKKK EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKK EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK noise 24 hours a day. Not all brakes are noisy but most are.

You might want to invest in ear plugs and blankets to put over your bedroom windows like you did in college.

crawfish
1/31/2008, 09:23 AM
We've got the same thing (from Chesapeake Oil, even) going on in our neighborhood. They keep saying they'll call us to set up a discussion, but it hasn't happened yet.

Howzit
1/31/2008, 09:30 AM
We've got the same thing (from Chesapeake Oil, even) going on in our neighborhood. They keep saying they'll call us to set up a discussion, but it hasn't happened yet.

There is a meeting tonight at 7:00 in a church near our neighborhood. I'm thinking about going, but I do have a concern about being struck by lightning trying to enter the building.

Jerk
1/31/2008, 09:31 AM
dude, nobody f***s up a road like the oilfield. It's unbelieveable.

I talked to a Hodges driver who was picking up something at my dad's yard...I don't know what it was...a draw works motor or some such. He said the truck weighed 161,000 pounds. So, yeah, bye bye road.

Howzit
1/31/2008, 09:33 AM
I talked to a Hodges driver who was picking up something at my dad's yard...I don't know what it was...a draw works motor or some such. He said the truck weighed 161,000 pounds. So, yeah, bye bye road.

That's my concern, the only access to the propoerty is on the old asphalt roads that have not been maintained because they were blocked off for runners/cyclists or the residential area.

Mongo
1/31/2008, 09:34 AM
just let them drill for erl you silly, stupid hippy

Jerk
1/31/2008, 09:36 AM
That's my concern, the only access to the propoerty is on the old asphalt roads that have not been maintained because they were blocked off for runners/cyclists or the residential area.

Well, the do have a lot of axles which help distribute the weight. But, it's a lot of weight.

Is any part of the road unpaved? It's not uncommon for the trucks to get stuck when it gets wet. Guess what they do then? Yep, they get a front end loader or a dozer and pull the sucker out. Sometimes they have one in the front pulling and one in the back pushing.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 09:39 AM
the good news is that they will only be there for a month or so. They will have trashed the place in that time but they shouldn't be there too long.

A landman in Texas would be your best bet but I think the laws concerning pooling in Texas are different than they are in OK. In OK a mineral owner can not sign a lease and when they begin drilling or just before, the oil company has to go to the Corp Commission for a pooling hearing and those in the pool will get offered whatever the highest bonus money paid for those leases or the highest percentage of production offered. More or less. It's my understanding in Texas that is not the case.

Those wells in that area are making a lot of gas so you might want to take no bonus money and a higher percentage of gross production.

Mjcpr
1/31/2008, 09:40 AM
There is a meeting tonight at 7:00 in a church near our neighborhood. I'm thinking about going, but I do have a concern about being struck by lightning trying to enter the building.

Be careful on your way home, Silkwood.

Howzit
1/31/2008, 09:42 AM
Those wells in that area are making a lot of gas so you might want to take no bonus money and a higher percentage of gross production.

I was thinking 3/16 of gross not net, how does that sound?

Howzit
1/31/2008, 09:43 AM
just let them drill for erl you silly, stupid hippy
I don't give a **** about the erl, I wanna be able to sleep after Matlock is over, dumas.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 09:45 AM
that sounds good with $750 an acre bonus money.

And I'm 100% serious about the damned brake and engine noise. And there will be a water pump that runs on diesel that is loud as all get out too.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 09:46 AM
and on this well the pump in the poop bucket isn't working so I'll have to dump my gray and black water as I'm leaving the location. :eek:

Mongo
1/31/2008, 09:48 AM
I don't give a **** about the erl, I wanna be able to sleep after Matlcok is over, dumas.

you'll get used to it. I, and probably most of the oil peeps here, sleep better at the rig than at home

the only thing that truly suck is when they honk that train horn to get all the hands up to the floor

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 09:49 AM
HA!! I forgot about the horn. That's as much fun as a noisy brake.

Okla-homey
1/31/2008, 10:00 AM
I'd go ahead and get onboard. They're gonna be pumping that gas whether you sign or not. May as make it easy for them. That way they'll be nicer.

Also, consider subscribing to some mailorder XXX video club. That way, you can rent the pron to the guys on the rig and make some extra bank!:D

Mongo
1/31/2008, 10:01 AM
Go see "There Will Be blood" and find out what happens when you hold out

Okla-homey
1/31/2008, 10:03 AM
Go see "There Will Be blood" and find out what happens when you hold out

they don't call 'em "headrights" for nuttin'

Mjcpr
1/31/2008, 10:04 AM
they don't call 'em "headrights" for nuttin'

I always call Mongo for nuttin'.

:confused:

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:05 AM
I'd go ahead and get onboard. They're gonna be pumping that gas whether you sign or not. May as make it easy for them. That way they'll be nicer.

Also, consider subscribing to some mailorder XXX video club. That way, you can rent the pron to the guys on the rig and make some extra bank!:D

I doubt I really have a whole lot of choice, I was wondering about all the other stuff that has pretty much been confirmed.

Mongo
1/31/2008, 10:06 AM
you are gonna have to stay up late to guard your property, them rig hands have some sticky fingers

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:07 AM
They ain't called oil field trash fer nuthin.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:08 AM
did someone mention my boat?

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:08 AM
the good news is that they will only be there for a month or so. They will have trashed the place in that time but they shouldn't be there too long.

A landman in Texas would be your best bet but I think the laws concerning pooling in Texas are different than they are in OK. In OK a mineral owner can not sign a lease and when they begin drilling or just before, the oil company has to go to the Corp Commission for a pooling hearing and those in the pool will get offered whatever the highest bonus money paid for those leases or the highest percentage of production offered. More or less. It's my understanding in Texas that is not the case.

actually, they go to the Railroad Commission, not the Corporation Commission

Mongo
1/31/2008, 10:09 AM

my offer of being the eye candy on your boat still stands

I got me a sweet new two piece

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:12 AM
http://a161.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/69/l_d5c0afba2b2e38c6cd2ffcf3bb18f1e0.jpg

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:12 AM

Oooooh...I could use your boat to come in from the lake all covert and ****, and launch a Rambo-esque attack on the Godless heathens...maybe I could borrow Hamhock's bow.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:14 AM
my offer of being the eye candy on your boat still stands

I got me a sweet new two piece

I'm going to make you ride up front so I can watch your boobs bounce.

Jerk
1/31/2008, 10:14 AM
Oooooh...I could use your boat to come in from the lake all covert and ****, and launch a Rambo-esque attack on the Godless heathens...maybe I could borrow Hamhock's bow.
I got something better.

Give me a call.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:15 AM

and then we could go to that gun club and get certified on a 1000 yard range.

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:24 AM
and then we could go to that gun club and get certified on a 1000 yard range.

And then we can run 10 miles on those roads whut we saved.

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:27 AM
howzit, you have daughter(s) right? don't let them near the roughnecks.

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:29 AM
let her hang out with the MWD hands and the mud loggers.

Hey Brat, I just finished a well for you guys. I need to do my paperwork and print logs but I really don't want to.

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:30 AM
texass or oklahoma? i only do texass work

Jerk
1/31/2008, 10:30 AM
And then we can run 10 miles on those roads whut we saved.

I'll do the first 45 yards, mmk

crawfish
1/31/2008, 10:33 AM
For the record, I am gonna sign, but they're not moving too quickly. They tell us we could make up to 50K off the thing but I'm not holding my breath. :)

1stTimeCaller
texass or oklahoma? i only do texass work
TX panhandle. Truman Zyback #16-7H

Howzit
howzit, you have daughter(s) right? don't let them near the roughnecks.

I think so. It seems like I see some girl breeze in and out every now and then that vaguely resembles a sweet little girl I used to know.

16 is nature's way of making going way to college oooookaaaay...

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:34 AM
For the record, I am gonna sign, but they're not moving too quickly. They tell us we could make up to 50K off the thing but I'm not holding my breath. :)

Tell them that you want at least 750/acre and 3/16ths of gross production not net for the lease.

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:35 AM
TX panhandle. Truman Zyback #16-7H

i might see the paperwork, but i mostly do NEBS stuff. that area is mostly handled by our Mid-Continent group. That's in Wheeler, right? or Hemphill?

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:36 AM
Wheeler County

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:38 AM
yeah, i've seen the completions on some of its brothers and sisters...i don't get the logs though until they are 2 years out from completion

Howzit
1/31/2008, 10:38 AM
Can you two cyber in someone else's thread por favor?

Mongo
1/31/2008, 10:39 AM
Can you two cyber in someone else's thread por favor?

what are you wearing?

1stTimeCaller
1/31/2008, 10:45 AM
Howzit, Chesapeake owes me about 9 months worth of royalties on 3 wells. They mailed me a letter saying they couldn't mail me a check because they didn't have my address.

Hamhock
1/31/2008, 11:30 AM
They mailed me a letter saying they couldn't mail me a check because they didn't have my address.

then what are you complaining about? you expect them to mail you a check when they don't know your address?