PDA

View Full Version : K-State the only undefeated Big XII Men's Team..

SoonerShark
1/30/2008, 10:23 PM
at 5-0, but should there be an asterisk since the refs failed to call the K-State charge on the final KSU drive against us? Blake should have been on the free throw line shooting for the win rather than Beasley hitting the winning basket.

"After two Kansas State time-outs, freshman point guard Jacob Pullen took the inbounds pass for the Wildcats and found Beasley in the lane. Beasley collided with Griffin while making his move to the basket, but no foul was called."

KSU just beat KU 84-75.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2008, 10:30 PM
Good for K State, about time they beat the Jayhawks!

This takes even more of the sting out of our loss here to them.

Watching the UT @ aTm game now and it seems the home teams are winning no matter what ranking the visiting team has tonight.

SoonerShark
1/30/2008, 10:36 PM
I just can't yell for KSU after the 2003 Big XII football championship game. KSU fans around me were screaming to take out Jason White's knees. I told one guy that he could not possibly mean that, and he assured me that he wanted him permanently injured.

SleestakSooner
1/30/2008, 10:48 PM
I just can't yell for KSU after the 2003 Big XII football championship game. KSU fans around me were screaming to take out Jason White's knees. I told one guy that he could not possibly mean that, and he assured me that he wanted him permanently injured.

Trust me, after attending an OU vs. KSU game in Manhattan during the Blake era, I have no love what-so-ever for the Mildcats.

As far as basketball goes, I hope KU and KSU can both lose a couple of games while OU keeps winning.

Beasley is amazing though, no matter what school he plays for.

CatfishSooner
1/30/2008, 11:23 PM
Congrats K.State.

SoonerShark
1/30/2008, 11:26 PM
Beasley is amazing though, no matter what school he plays for.

He is very good. I don't think the refs should protect players like him or any other player. His fouls and his team's fouls should be called. The refs stole a game from us and handed the star of the league a win. Regardless, if he stays at KSU next year, I will be proud of him. If he is one and out that is sad.

The best thing we can say about Blake is that he would probably have gone to college even if he was not a great basketball player due to his family priorities. The sad truth is often that the one year and out group of athletes would not have set foot on a campus if not for sports. And sports is not the only way to get to college nowadays since any lower income person can have his or her college subsidized by grants and the like.

SoonerShark
1/30/2008, 11:28 PM
[QUOTE=SleestakSooner]Trust me, after attending an OU vs. KSU game in Manhattan during the Blake era, I have no love what-so-ever for the Mildcats.
QUOTE]

At KSU, the "Blake era" type of season is the norm 95 years out of 100.

kc sooner
1/31/2008, 10:51 AM
I went to OU-KSU game in Schnell'ys year, we lost like 42-10. We got yelled and screamed at all game long, and when we were leaving with about 1 minute left, we got yelled at for not staying and supporting our team. This coming from fans who never went to a game in their life until they actually won a few games!! I let them know that in previous years, we could sit wherever we wanted in their crummy stadium because no one was there supporting their team.

OUSKINS
1/31/2008, 11:37 AM
Shark,

Just for the record, had they called the charge...Blake would NOT have been shooting FT's. Player control foul = No foul shots. FYI.

jccouger
1/31/2008, 11:44 AM
Don't complain about the refs stealing that game from us. We lost, you just have to accept that.

skycat
1/31/2008, 11:59 AM
Let it out guys, let it out...

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 12:07 PM
K-State sucks... period!

skycat
1/31/2008, 12:08 PM
There you go!