1/30/2008, 05:53 PM
Any of you suckers do these?

If so, what are your thoughts?

If not, STFU.

Thanks.

:texan:

Mjcpr
1/30/2008, 05:58 PM
I saw them mentioned a lot in work email encouraging people to join their club or whatever. Until recently, every time I read one of those I read it as pie-lates.

YWIA

SeattleOUstudent
1/30/2008, 05:59 PM
I did some back in the day...I was in college, I was drunk. You cant mix them and Jaeger. TRUST ME!

royalfan5
1/30/2008, 06:00 PM
I've done them in the past. You will get more bendy.

achiro
1/30/2008, 06:02 PM
Very good for you.

soonerinabilene
1/30/2008, 06:19 PM
You should try kegal excercises.

LilSooner
1/30/2008, 08:29 PM
Loves it! I feel so much better when I do pilates/yoga. OU actually has a 4000 level pilates class that you can take. It was so much fun.

47straight
1/30/2008, 08:49 PM
No lie, I tried doing pilates once with some wommenfolk and with my feet way over my head I hear Crrrrrrrrack and it was off to the back doctor for me!

I'd work my way up to it.

Curly Bill
1/30/2008, 09:52 PM
I know a female person that does them, and well...she has the body of a lingerie model...

...and no I ain't got no pics.

M
1/30/2008, 09:58 PM
Yeah, pilates is pretty intense. It requires a lot of focus cause you're controlling your body alignment, muscle control, body movement, concentration and breathing all at the same time.

william_brasky
1/30/2008, 11:00 PM
I know a female person that does them, and well...she has the body of a lingerie model...

...and no I ain't got no pics.

You must get some and post them here for my research into Pilates.

Curly Bill
1/30/2008, 11:08 PM
You must get some and post them here for my research into Pilates.

That could be the line I could use right? I am doing research into Pilates and I want you to let me take pictures of you nekked so I can see some firsthand results. :D

How could that fail to work on her?

william_brasky
1/30/2008, 11:16 PM
How could that fail to work on her?

It simply could not. :texan:

goingoneight
1/30/2008, 11:33 PM
"Pirates" copycat thread in 3, 2...

KC//CRIMSON
1/31/2008, 01:22 AM
Yeah, pilates is pretty intense. It requires a lot of focus cause you're controlling your body alignment, muscle control, sphincter, taint muscle, body movement, concentration and breathing all at the same time.

Word.

proud gonzo
1/31/2008, 01:28 AM
No lie, I tried doing pilates once with some wommenfolk and with my feet way over my head I hear Crrrrrrrrack and it was off to the back doctor for me!

I'd work my way up to it.guys are bad about doing pilates wrong. I'm guessing you didn't keep your back in neutral, and you probably weren't breathing and keeping your muscles pulled in like you were supposed to. :P

I've been taking a pilates class since last fall and it's GREAT. I haven't had any back problems at all since then, and I'm in far better shape.

crawfish
1/31/2008, 09:39 AM
guys are bad about doing pilates wrong. I'm guessing you didn't keep your back in neutral, and you probably weren't breathing and keeping your muscles pulled in like you were supposed to. :P

I've been taking a pilates class since last fall and it's GREAT. I haven't had any back problems at all since then, and I'm in far better shape.

We men just isn't bendy.

Mjcpr
1/31/2008, 09:42 AM
Pie-lates.

proud gonzo
1/31/2008, 10:11 AM
We men just isn't bendy.Pilates isn't about being bendy necessarily. It'll make you more bendy, but that's not really the main thing.
It's about paying attention and doing each move correctly and breathing right. It strengthens your core and all the stabilizing muscles that help you balance and stuff. Helps your posture, balance, and it really tones everything up. my clothes all fit differently now.

soonerbrat
1/31/2008, 10:39 AM
I guess men aren't meant to be twisty bobcat pretzels

NormanPride
1/31/2008, 10:49 AM
I did this for awhile. Then I realized that I looked like an idiot, and there were other ways for me to get healthier while not looking like an idiot. Women do not look like idiots doing this, by the way.

proud gonzo
1/31/2008, 03:24 PM
guys don't look like idiots when they actually try to do it right rather than thinking "i bet i look like an idiot doing this..."

there are guys in my class. Only one of them looks like an idiot doing pilates, and that's because he doesn't pay attention and does it wrong.

jeremy885
1/31/2008, 03:30 PM
We men just isn't bendy.

Not so fast my friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olcmpHdqLBU

NormanPride
1/31/2008, 03:47 PM
guys don't look like idiots when they actually try to do it right rather than thinking "i bet i look like an idiot doing this..."

there are guys in my class. Only one of them looks like an idiot doing pilates, and that's because he doesn't pay attention and does it wrong.

Oh, I was doing it right. You notice a lot of differences once you do it right. I still looked like a moron. Nothing against Pilates, but it's also why people my size don't do ballet. :D

Frozen Sooner
1/31/2008, 04:07 PM
I always thought this involved a lot of hand-washing.