PDA

View Full Version : McCain advisor hits the nail on the head re: Romney

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 01:56 PM
"...if Romney wasn't born on third base, if he had to campaign and fundraise like everyone else, I'm sure he wouldn't be here anymore."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2008/01/29/ST2008012903933.html

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 02:19 PM
I wonder if they stole that from Barrah.

;)

soonerhubs
1/30/2008, 03:30 PM
If McCain was born Mormon, he would have been an afterthought decades ago.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/30/2008, 04:27 PM
McCain is basically broke. No problem though, since he gets so much free publicity from the media. It sure helps being the favorite of the MSM for the republicans. (you know that, didn't you Civicus?)

swardboy
1/30/2008, 04:28 PM
I wonder where McCain would be today if he hadn't been a POW? Hey, this game is fun!

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2008, 04:29 PM
Ah, there's nothing like class-warfare from the right.

What the hell does it matter that Romney has money?

Another reason to detest both McCain but especially Huckabee.

NormanPride
1/30/2008, 04:32 PM
I hate the offseason.

soonerinabilene
1/30/2008, 04:32 PM
If i was born a woman I would be kicked out of every public place I go to for constantly playing with my own boobs.

It doesnt matter what you are born with if you make the decision early in your life to make something of yourself.

Howzit
1/30/2008, 04:40 PM
McCain is basically broke. No problem though, since he gets so much free publicity from the media. (you know that, didn't you Civicus?)

Being the frontrunner will do that.

Scott D
1/30/2008, 04:45 PM
I detest Romney for having a first name of Willard.

1/30/2008, 04:52 PM
Being the frontrunner will do that.Being promoted by the media as a republican always should throw up red flags(hint1. He's a liberal, and 2. They think they can bet him knocked off in the general) You knew that already, didn't you, Howzit?

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 04:58 PM
Being promoted by the media as a republican always should throw up red flags(hint1. He's a liberal, and 2. They think they can bet him knocked off in the general) You knew that already, didn't you, Howzit?Dream World!
:pop:

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 05:42 PM
McCain is basically broke. No problem though, since he gets so much free publicity from the media. It sure helps being the favorite of the MSM for the republicans. (you know that, didn't you Civicus?)He's not broke anymore. He's raising money hand over fist. You cannot believe the stupid theory about the Media wanting McCain so they can actually have a Dim Prez?

They are trying their hardest to scare Repubs (like you) into believeing a load of crap so they can destroy Mitt Romney in the general.

jeremy885
1/30/2008, 05:53 PM
Being promoted by the media as a republican always should throw up red flags(hint1. He's a liberal, and 2. They think they can bet him knocked off in the general) You knew that already, didn't you, Howzit?

If he's a liberal, WTH is W then?

1/30/2008, 05:58 PM
He's not broke anymore. He's raising money hand over fist. You cannot believe the stupid theory about the Media wanting McCain so they can actually have a Dim Prez?

They are trying their hardest to scare Repubs (like you) into believeing a load of crap so they can destroy Mitt Romney in the general.They've already gone after Romney, because they want to bury him NOW. They haven't been able to do him in. They want their patsy McCain(who thinks the libs actually want him to win, I imagine) to get the nomination, so they can rip him to tee-ninetzy little shreads. PAY ATTENTION CIVICUS. If the media backs you and you are a repub...then SOMETHING'S VERY WRONG WITH YOU as POTUS material.

Octavian
1/30/2008, 06:31 PM
First the media fooled everyone into thinking Iraq wasn't a smashing success.

And now....there's a media conspiracy to hand John McCain the nomination.

The major problem with thwarting this sinister media agenda is, of course....only Rush and his faithful listeners can recognize the grave reality.

that about right?

soonerscuba
1/30/2008, 06:49 PM
Heh, I think that two people with competing theories about how the MSMz are trying to subvert the Rep Party (notice I used a proper name as opposed to "Dim", you should try it sometime) by how they are focusing coverage in the short term as they work toward their grand sport of destroying their character in the general election is hilarious on a couple of levels.

It's like a greys v. reptilian debate and who is least likely to be probed.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 06:58 PM
They've already gone after Romney, because they want to bury him NOW. They haven't been able to do him in. They want their patsy McCain(who thinks the libs actually want him to win, I imagine) to get the nomination, so they can rip him to tee-ninetzy little shreads. PAY ATTENTION CIVICUS. If the media backs you and you are a repub...then SOMETHING'S VERY WRONG WITH YOU as POTUS material.
HA HA

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/rubikcube/Funny/tarp3uo.gif

1/30/2008, 06:58 PM
If he's a liberal, WTH is W then?W didn't run as the social liberal he turned out to be. In '04 he was unopposed, as you probably remember. McCain is both a liberal and dishonest, as you should also know.

1/30/2008, 07:02 PM
First the media fooled everyone into thinking Iraq wasn't a smashing success.

And now....there's a media conspiracy to hand John McCain the nomination.

The major problem with thwarting this sinister media agenda is, of course....only Rush and his faithful listeners can recognize the grave reality.

that about right?Pretty much all of talk radio talks about it. Check it out sometime.

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 08:27 PM
W didn't run as the social liberal he turned out to be. In '04 he was unopposed, as you probably remember. McCain is both a liberal and dishonest, as you should also know.Yeah. His former POW cell mates sure don't trust him. :rolleyes:

1/30/2008, 08:42 PM
Yeah. His former POW cell mates sure don't trust him. :rolleyes:Hey, that's clever.

soonerhubs
1/30/2008, 09:52 PM
My question is which Nominee is most likely to cut taxes? If it's McCain, I'm his supporter, but I really don't think it's him.

Whet
1/30/2008, 09:55 PM
That McCain-Feingold really helped our election process! I can't imagine a campaign without MoveOn.org, America Coming Together, and the other cool organizations that sprung up!

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 11:30 PM
Hey, that's clever. Significantly more clever than your assertions that "the Media" has somehow gotten together (ratings be damned) to put McCain up on a pedestal instead of Romney (who, supposedly, is media proof and totally electable) in order to help him get the nomination so that they can unleash some information which they all have but are all sitting on (again, ratings be damned) to destroy him and thus assure a Democrat getting into the White House.

Now...I have the support of facts (McCain's well known and supported "War Hero" status and strength of character) while you have your tin hat.

And it's a NICE tin hat. Really.

:pop:

SanJoaquinSooner
1/31/2008, 12:30 AM
In the debate tonight, one of the questions mentioned Rush Limbaugh. What ever happened to that old windbag? Is he in jail for doctorshopping and illegally procuring oxycontin? Or maybe the gov gave him amnesty.

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 04:02 AM
In the debate tonight, one of the questions mentioned Rush Limbaugh. What ever happened to that old windbag? Is he in jail for doctorshopping and illegally procuring oxycontin? Or maybe the gov gave him amnesty.
He's become irrelevant. Much like Michael Moore, only less so.

swardboy
1/31/2008, 08:20 AM
He's living the high life in his oceanside Palm Beach mansion. Thanks for playing.

Success is the sweetest revenge....

85Sooner
1/31/2008, 09:34 AM
I cannot in any conscience vote for Mr. McCain. Not gonna happen no matter what or when.

85Sooner
1/31/2008, 09:36 AM
He's become irrelevant. Much like Michael Moore, only less so.

Clean the air in LA its causing brain damage and vertigo.

He is alove and well and speaking to about 600 mil a day. So I wouldn't say irrelevant.

Sorry hit one too many zeros the actual listener rating is a minimum of 13.5 million a week. Still a whole lot

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 09:47 AM
My question is which Nominee is most likely to cut taxes? If it's McCain, I'm his supporter, but I really don't think it's him.
So can anyone tell me where McCain said he would cut taxes?

Am I the only one thinking Reaganomics worked until HW raised taxes?

Scott D
1/31/2008, 10:34 AM

He is alove and well and speaking to about 600 mil a day. So I wouldn't say irrelevant.

interesting since the FACTS state he has 20 million listers per week.

soonerscuba
1/31/2008, 11:16 AM
Chris Daugherty sold the most albums so he is the best music out there. Rush is what he is, but let's not pretend that he is actually relevant to policy. Ditto Michael Moore.

JohnnyMack
1/31/2008, 11:25 AM
John McCain is a cranky old fart.

I'll vote for him over Hillary.

I'll vote for Obama over McCain.

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 12:04 PM
Ah, there's nothing like class-warfare from the right.

What the hell does it matter that Romney has money?

Another reason to detest both McCain but especially Huckabee.

Where have you been? People who have money and who have been successful in life, are disliked by folks who have very little money and haven't been as successful in their own life.

I believe it's called jealousy and the American way.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 01:33 PM
McCain would cut spending in many areas, not in our military and pass the savings on to the country. Look at tax cuts after that.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 01:37 PM
Chris Daugherty sold the most albums so he is the best music out there. Rush is what he is, but let's not pretend that he is actually relevant to policy. Ditto Michael Moore.So true. Didn't Garth Brooks sell more albums than the Beatles at one point? His horrible music can't even be compared...

;)

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 05:10 PM
Chris Daugherty sold the most albums so he is the best music out there. Rush is what he is, but let's not pretend that he is actually relevant to policy. Ditto Michael Moore. Yep.

He had a voice that was listened to during the Clinton years. But now he's considered just a blow hard.

He's been politically marginalized like Coulter and Moore. The only people who really listen to them (and buy into the B.S. they spew for ratings/money/oxycodone) are the extremists and nutjobs.

Otherwise? Flacid...

Sorry hit one too many zeros the actual listener rating is a minimum of 13.5 million a week. Still a whole lot
Are you drunk??

stoops the eternal pimp
1/31/2008, 05:13 PM
So true. Didn't Garth Brooks sell more albums than the Beatles at one point? His horrible music can't even be compared...

;)

I sold more albums than Reuben STuddard

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 05:17 PM

Yes.

Hell Yes.

Umm, no.

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2008, 05:20 PM

That's pretty close to my position. Except I'd abstain between he and Hillary.

1/31/2008, 05:25 PM
Yep.

He had a voice that was listened to during the Clinton years. But just as always, the left and their media still consider him just a blow hard.

He's been politically marginalized among the far left like Coulter. The only people who really listen to them (and buy into the B.S. they spew for ratings/money/oxycodone) are the extremists and nutjobs, like Dick Cheney, Thomas Sowell and George Will.

Otherwise? Flacid...

Are you drunk??There ya go. Good to see you turned a light on.

soonerhubs
1/31/2008, 05:31 PM
Such labels and strong remarks. Why can't folks just respectfully disagree? This goes for all sides of arguments and name calling in this thread.

The one thing that turned me off of many of the talk radio shows was the constant personal attacks to justify political stances. Just because someone's views are different does not make them "Polluted mentally by the air in California" or "Drunk, extremist nutjobs."

Just because Romney has financial backing doesn't make him a terrible nominee. What they call McCain's political maturing process they label Romney's Political Flip Flopping, yet they both changed stances.

I support Romney because I feel he is the most capable of turning this country around economically. I appreciate that McCain will cut spending, but I think cutting taxes right along with cutting spending can expedite the process of getting more money in our pockets, which I find to be a good thing.

Feel free to disagree, but I am completely sober, and am only an extremist nutjob when it comes to topics other than politics. :D... Apparently religion is one. ;)

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 05:37 PM
Such labels and strong remarks. Why can't folks just respectfully disagree? This goes for all sides of arguments and name calling in this thread.

The one thing that turned me off of many of the talk radio shows was the constant personal attacks to justify political stances. Just because someone's views are different does not make them "Polluted mentally by the air in California" or "Drunk, extremist nutjobs."

Just because Romney has financial backing doesn't make him a terrible nominee. What they call McCain's political maturing process they label Romney's Political Flip Flopping, yet they both changed stances.

I support Romney because I feel he is the most capable of turning this country around economically. I appreciate that McCain will cut spending, but I think cutting taxes right along with cutting spending can expedite the process of getting more money in our pockets, which I find to be a good thing.

Feel free to disagree, but I am completely sober, and am only an extremist nutjob when it comes to topics other than politics. :D... Apparently religion is one. ;)

Well said! Especially the part about people being civil and respectfully disagreeing. Most do but some just can't do it because they think that their opinion is always right and the final word.

Harry Beanbag
1/31/2008, 05:38 PM

Because there are too many extremist nutjobs on this board. :)

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 05:40 PM
To be clear: I didn't think he was drunk because of his positions on issues. I thought he was drunk because I couldn't understand a word of his post. :D

Scott D
1/31/2008, 07:25 PM

Well I think since Tuba draws a line at middle names, I have to draw one at first names. You can't take someone named Willard seriously. :)

85Sooner
1/31/2008, 08:01 PM
Yep.

He had a voice that was listened to during the Clinton years. But now he's considered just a blow hard.

He's been politically marginalized like Coulter and Moore. The only people who really listen to them (and buy into the B.S. they spew for ratings/money/oxycodone) are the extremists and nutjobs.

Otherwise? Flacid...

Are you drunk??

Nope just waiting for the west coast to feel the big one and fall into the ocean. :)

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 09:05 PM
Nope just waiting for the west coast to feel the big one and fall into the ocean. :)Geez...you're gonna get ME to start drinking!

:D

Civicus_Sooner
2/1/2008, 10:33 AM
I sold more albums than Reuben STuddard
Me too.