PDA

View Full Version : 87 in a 65

Melo
1/29/2008, 06:45 PM
Yea...
And my insurance was expired.

:O

Police officer: I recorded you going 87 in a 65. Is there an emergency?
Melo: Yes. Im late for work.
Police Officer: Oh. Where do you work?
Melo: Well, USUALLY I teach clarinet for Katy ISD. But I guess I wont now, because I've been delayed in transit.
Police officer: *nods and walks away*

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 06:51 PM
'atta girl.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 06:52 PM
I got a 502 on 81 once

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2008, 06:54 PM
Yea...

Melo: Well, USUALLY I teach clarinet for Katy ISD. But I guess I wont now, because I've been delayed in transit.

Are you an illegal alien? 'Cause I've heard that every reckless driver without insurance is an illegal alien.

Melo
1/29/2008, 06:56 PM
'atta girl.

Speaking of... there was a kid in my class today with a Baylor shirt on. He had a broken arm, and was wearing a purple cast. He was all short and dweeby. He reminded me of you, and I swear, for a good 15 minutes, visions of me punching you in the face kept replaying in my mind.

:D

Melo
1/29/2008, 06:57 PM
Are you an illegal alien? 'Cause I've heard that every reckless driver without insurance is an illegal alien.

Actually, we have insurance, but my father just forgot to give me an updated copy of it. So like a true woman, I am COMPLETELY going to blame him. :)

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 06:58 PM
Speaking of... there was a kid in my class today with a Baylor shirt on. He had a broken arm, and was wearing a purple cast. He was all short and dweeby. He reminded me of you, and I swear, for a good 15 minutes, visions of me punching you in the face kept replaying in my mind.

You say "puncing you in the face" but what you really mean is "sitting on your face."

Melo
1/29/2008, 07:21 PM
You say "puncing you in the face" but what you really mean is "sitting on your face."

Nope... I really mean punching.

Mjcpr
1/29/2008, 07:24 PM

You better don some goggles lest you get poked in the eye by some sorta protruding bobble, post or "ear"ring.

Melo
1/29/2008, 08:14 PM
Hahaaa!
Ouch.

See, I like piercings, but I dont like THOSE piercings.

C&CDean
1/29/2008, 09:21 PM
Somebody could lose an eye...

GottaHavePride
1/30/2008, 12:38 AM
FYI, by going 87 in a 65, you are gaining a mere 14 seconds for each mile you drive. Oh, and you're drastically reducing your car's fuel efficiency, thus spending more on gas.

CatfishSooner
1/30/2008, 12:41 AM
FYI, by going 87 in a 65, you are gaining a mere 14 seconds for each mile you drive. Oh, and you're drastically reducing your car's fuel efficiency, thus spending more on gas.

that's good to know...

goingoneight
1/30/2008, 12:41 AM
NTM you're ****ing off all the people you're cutting off and flying by who know they'd be cited for that shat.

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2008, 12:44 AM
People driving fast has never bothered me (probably because so few manage to drive faster than me) so long as they don't cut my *** off.

Sooner_Havok
1/30/2008, 12:53 AM
People driving fast has never bothered me (probably because so few manage to drive faster than me) so long as they don't cut my *** off.

You know, that is normally how I am, but one day I saw a Focus gaining on my fast. I think to myself, how is a Focus keeping pace with my Mustang? Thing blows my doors of, and I see his back bumper with the word "SALEEN'" written across the back of it.

http://www.investmentmotorcars.net/inventory/detail/04focus/focus9.jpg

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2008, 01:04 AM
That is one of the ugliest POS that I've ever seen.

Sooner_Havok
1/30/2008, 01:05 AM
Yeah, it ain't pretty, but it sure as hell womped by 6-cylinder Mustang

GottaHavePride
1/30/2008, 01:31 AM
6-cylinder Mustang? What's the point of that? It's like going fishing with dental floss and a plastic fork.

Sooner_Havok
1/30/2008, 01:32 AM
Eh, if I got the real deal, I don't think Bill Gates himself could pay my insurance and tickets!

LoyalFan
1/30/2008, 03:31 AM
Yea...

Read THIS, Melo. You just MIGHT...Oh, never mind. You won't.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA0127208.2B.fatalcrash.60bac1dc.html

BTW, her sendoff is not likely to be "open casket".

LF

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2008, 03:36 AM
Melo, you can ride in my car.
Just sayin'

LoyalFan
1/30/2008, 03:41 AM
Melo, you can ride in my car.
Just sayin'

Right! Abilene is lovely at this time of year.

LF

PrideTrombone
2/2/2008, 04:01 PM

14 seconds for each mile, huh?

So let's see... on my 1,374 drive to FL in December, I'd have gained 19,236 seconds, or 320.6 minutes, or 5.34 hours.

I should've driven faster. :)

GottaHavePride
2/2/2008, 09:40 PM
14 seconds for each mile, huh?

So let's see... on my 1,374 drive to FL in December, I'd have gained 19,236 seconds, or 320.6 minutes, or 5.34 hours.

I should've driven faster. :)

Well, yeah, that's the excuse Eric uses, too. I'm just saying, that if you're driving in town you're not likely to make a big difference in your travel time, and you drastically increase the risk.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2008, 01:24 AM
Well, yeah, that's the excuse Eric uses, too. I'm just saying, that if you're driving in town you're not likely to make a big difference in your travel time, and you drastically increase the risk.

True, but if other people's lives aren't important to you and you're convinced of your own immortality, those fourteen seconds seem like a pretty good trade.

I know they do to me.

PrideTrombone
2/3/2008, 02:03 AM

Well, really, the traffic in Georgia and Florida forced me into the 90-100 range anyway. I swear anything below 85 and I've had gotten rear-ended. Those people out there are in a big damn hurry for something.

Rogue
2/3/2008, 06:40 AM
Don't get me started on speeding tickets.
OK, too late. They are teh succ.