PDA

View Full Version : pokie lite fans hit a new low..

Ash
1/29/2008, 02:38 AM
Normally I don't troll other boards and bring the crap back here, but wanted to see if the "Fire Sean, buy Self" vibe was going strong after tonight's loss.

On my way there, I stumbled across this...
http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?t=47949

Pokie fans hating on Griffin's mom, who was shown on TV.

A couple of very low blows including this gem:

Re: Ugly Lady

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, her teeth kinda reminded me of an inbred from the hills.

And I was always trying to figure out what in the world ethnicity those griffin thugs were.....now I know.

silverwheels
1/29/2008, 02:40 AM
Kind of ironic that they're calling the Griffin brothers thugs after the display their players put on tonight. :rolleyes: :eddie:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/29/2008, 07:45 AM
Any OU fan is free game in my opinion, especially after I can hear their whole "arena" chanting OSU sucks at the top of their lungs. Did you see them trying to spell out OSU? It was extremely comical.Waaaa

Sooner_Bob
1/29/2008, 07:53 AM
I was actually a little surprised that the OSU sucks chant occurred.

NormanPride
1/29/2008, 07:54 AM
Waaaa

They must be :stunned: to see the "s" the right way.

birddog
1/29/2008, 08:02 AM
when you've got nothing else, you tend to make it personal.

of course, we know that christian school the g. boys attended is notorious for producing thugs.

MrJimBeam
1/29/2008, 08:37 AM
They're bigots. They're bigoted against anything not like them. There is a long history of racist and bigoted activity on the OSU campus. It's part of the culture on campus and has been for 50 years. I'm saddend and frustrated that my tax $$$ go to support a state school that produces people like these.

This is not the first time they've gone after someone's mother. They made the same comments about Jason White's mother. There's a pattern.

CtheB
1/29/2008, 08:55 AM
We all need to grasp the fact that OSU fans, in the majority, wear their fanaticism like a "badge". Not only do they cheer and support their teams, they almost feel like they are owed something for doing so. Since they rarely ever achieve anything of note, generally they reside to insulting anything and everything around them to make sure two things happen: 1.) they feel better about themselves and 2.) they tear everything "not Aggie" to shreds to be heard.

One thing is for sure, Griffin's mom, just like their dad, are quality people and that's from personal experience with them. Let's see one of those Ags crack on her with Taylor, Blake, or God forbid, Tommy, within earshot.

Let them be low-class, and don't sink to their level. It's expected from them. Added to championships, that is yet one other thing that TBP's money can't buy.

Regarding the game, Obi....wow. Glad we got the win.

cheezyq
1/29/2008, 08:57 AM
I gotta say that the THUG comments are totally ludicrous after last night. TG could have beat the living hades out of Adams after he intentionally slammed TG's head into the court. But TG kept his cool. BG kept his cool all game long, despite several hacks and intentional fouls (specifically the one that didn't get called on Dove) and he was chasing down all the balls on dead ball situations and handing it to the refs.

The last thing I'd call the Griffin brothers are thugs, even if I were a fan of another team.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2008, 09:36 AM
Pokefan is just bitter because their NIT chances are slipping away.

SleestakSooner
1/29/2008, 10:49 AM
I noticed one intentional knee to the back of Blake's bad knee early in the game. He had Harris blocked out for a rebound and caught an elbow to the middle of his back at the same time as the knee.

They were coached to go after him like that cuz floppy knew they wouldn't win with Blake in the game.

sooner518
1/29/2008, 11:27 AM
Did anyone else think that Griffin's dad looks alot like Boo?

Just sayin.... :D

That said, his kids played phenomenally last night.

bluedogok
1/29/2008, 01:22 PM
Fran was saying that Tommy Griffin used to be an assistant at OSU, maybe his time there had more of an impact than everyone thought since his boys are at OU.

TopDaugIn2000
1/29/2008, 02:00 PM
Kind of ironic that they're calling the Griffin brothers thugs after the display their players put on tonight. :rolleyes: :eddie:
WORD

I overheard a conversation b/t my aggie boss and an aggie customer saying "those griffin boys will get drafted so 'we' won't have to worry about them much longer. Boy they sure don't look black. They look like white boys, sure are light skinned. Did you see their dad? They showed him on TV and he's as black as all get out."

This coming from fans of a team that has what....one white guy?

dumb :stunned:

TopDawg
1/29/2008, 02:05 PM
Fran was saying that Tommy Griffin used to be an assistant at OSU, maybe his time there had more of an impact than everyone thought since his boys are at OU.

I think Fran was saying that Tommy Griffin was Joe Adkin's coach BEFORE he (Adkins) went to OSU.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/29/2008, 02:10 PM
OT, but the woman in front of us and her teenage daughter kept glaring any time we would yell anything. When most of the crowd starting yelling OSU SUCKS, the mom gave a lecture on how unsportsmanlike it was. My mom, who is pretty outspoken, asked her if she had an idea for a better chant. The woman said "no, but they wouldn't be yelling that in Stillwater." :confused: Have you been to a game in Stillwater, lady?

It turns out, even though she was wearing one of the free shirts they gave us at the women's game the other day, she was actually an osux grad.

I guess she and her daughter didn't like the many "colorful" things we were yelling throughout the game.

PhxSooner
1/29/2008, 02:15 PM
So, the aggie fans are saying they no longer chant "OOO-SSS-UUUU-OOO-UUU-SUCKS!"? Right.

cheezyq
1/29/2008, 02:35 PM
The woman said "no, but they wouldn't be yelling that in Stillwater."

The truth is, most aggots are so used the smell of their own ****, they actually believe theirs doesn't stink. The "woe is us"-****, the "team one the rise"-****, the "better facilities"-****, and the "we're morally superior than them gooners"-**** has all been heaped into one big jealousy-laced pile of **** that forms the foundation of every argument or discussion about the two universities for each and every oSu fan.

Damn all facts and realities to the depths of the earth if you should have the unfortunate displeasure of corresponding with an aggot. Your best course is to just grin and wave.

jdsooner
1/29/2008, 03:04 PM
Problem is if the game had been called fairly, we'd have had 36/36...we win.

That's right, blame the refs. It's tough being a Cowboy because everyone (ESPN, Daily Oklahoman, Tulsa World, refs) are against you!:rolleyes:

crawfish
1/29/2008, 03:11 PM
That's right, blame the refs. It's tough being a Cowboy because everyone (ESPN, Daily Oklahoman, Tulsa World, refs) are against you!:rolleyes:

What's interesting about that - for years, they bemoaned the physical, slowdown strategy that Kelvin employed to stay competitive with lower levels of talent. They called his players "thugs" because they played extra-physical to make up for their lack of athleticism.

Now the shoe is on the other foot, and Sean is forced into playing the Kelvin strategy to even have a chance of winning. Their players are becoming the same type of thugs they hated. Unfortunately for them, the Big 12 is far more talented and competitive than it was in Kelvin's early years...

Dio
1/29/2008, 10:56 PM
They're bigots. They're bigoted against anything not like them. There is a long history of racist and bigoted activity on the OSU campus. It's part of the culture on campus and has been for 50 years. I'm saddend and frustrated that my tax $$$ go to support a state school that produces people like these.

Well, "Blake" does sound an awful lot like "Drake"

Crimsontothecore
1/29/2008, 11:05 PM
Seriously, how in Gods name do you make fun of someones appearance when your coach looks like this. I swear I think the joke about fetal alcohol syndrome is not really a joke.http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/mollytrixie/SEANSUTTON100.jpg

stoopified
1/30/2008, 04:50 PM
Seriously, how in Gods name do you make fun of someones appearance when your coach looks like this. I swear I think the joke about fetal alcohol syndrome is not really a joke.http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/mollytrixie/SEANSUTTON100.jpgTrue dat about Mr. Floppy(Sean).That would have to be a very twisted booze carying umbilical cord that connects Eddie and Sean however.

IronHorseSooner
1/30/2008, 05:11 PM
My cousin went to High School with Mr. Floppy. He said that anytime you wanted to get some free alcohol, go to the Sutton house. Second, he said if you think his dad is a lush, you should see Sean (Mr. Floppy)!

SleestakSooner
1/30/2008, 10:19 PM
True dat about Mr. Floppy(Sean).That would have to be a very twisted booze carying umbilical cord that connects Eddie and Sean however.

you see... that is exactly why we refer to it as a joke.

I seriously hope they keep Sean up in Stillwater, for a long, long time.

goingoneight
1/30/2008, 11:28 PM
:les: he almoste beet uo... we nede 2 giv him a rase!!!!1111!!!

OSUAggie
1/30/2008, 11:54 PM
If I may...

First, any fan base calling another "classless" or whatever other term is en vogue that day always strikes me as a touch strange.

You bemoan the Poke fans for claiming (on a message board) that the female Griffin is a bit "hill-billy-ish" while your own fan base chanted (during an actual contest) that John Lucas was a "crack baby". A bit hypocritical? Si.

Neither are "PC", but neither are unexpected in this type of contest.

I guess I'm wondering why some folks can't grow some thicker skin and accept the fact that everyone's demons will be acknowledged in this type of contest from the opposing fan base, and it matters not if the demons are physical, mental, or simply material.

SoonerTerry
1/30/2008, 11:57 PM
I bet your "friends" actually hate you

Ash
1/31/2008, 12:02 AM
If I may...

First, any fan base calling another "classless" or whatever other term is en vogue that day always strikes me as a touch strange.

You bemoan the Poke fans for claiming (on a message board) that the female Griffin is a bit "hill-billy-ish" while your own fan base chanted (during an actual contest) that John Lucas was a "crack baby". A bit hypocritical? Si.

I guess I'm wondering why some folks can't grow some thicker skin and accept the fact that everyone's demons will be acknowledged in this type of contest from the opposing fan base, and it matters not if the demons are physical, mental, or simply material.

A pompous post that completely misses the mark.

SleestakSooner
1/31/2008, 12:17 AM
A pompous post that completely misses the mark.

He's either prejudiced or ignorant, take your pick.

My guess is a lot of both.:rolleyes:

hOlden caUlfield...
1/31/2008, 12:27 AM
You bemoan the Poke fans for claiming (on a message board) that the female Griffin is a bit "hill-billy-ish"
You know it went a little further than that. Don't play stupid.

Osu fans try to make a splash any way they can because they lose. Had they won that game, the moderators would have shut that thread down. They were mad that they lost so they vented their frustrations by making fun of a helpless lady. Bottom line.

Ash
1/31/2008, 12:28 AM
He's either prejudiced or ignorant, take your pick.

My guess is a lot of both.:rolleyes:

Some of his fellow aggots were asking that the thread be deleted. What else do you need to know that it's a POS?

MrJimBeam
1/31/2008, 05:16 AM
If I may...while your own fan base chanted (during an actual contest) that John Lucas was a "crack baby".

Aggies are famous for lying too.

The most self-righteous turds on the face of the earth.

bob
2/2/2008, 07:54 PM
If they thought Griffins Mom looked bad, what about his Dad. He look like a goof ball.

Youngsooner
2/2/2008, 08:46 PM
The pokes also hit another low today... they just lost 6 games in a row :P

Piware
2/11/2008, 12:53 AM
If I may...

Mr. Ag, I just have to disagree. The vitrolic nastiness that characterizes our relationship is unique to the Stillwater bunch. I have been following OU athletics since 1957 and the pure venom puked out by the Pokes and their ilk only seems to get worse as the years go by. If you think this is strange, you simply haven't been paying attention.

As far as "everyone's demons" this is mostly an OSU phenomenon and I don't personally think that it goes on with other opposing fan bases to any great degree. Instead of some folks growing a thicker skin perhaps it would just be a better idea for the Poke fans to practice the golden rule and demonstrate
some manners as this is a chosen behavior - not a force of nature.

Pokes wrote the book on hypocrisy so please don't go there.

goingoneight
2/11/2008, 01:40 AM
I know everytime I hear something from an OSU fan regarding OU, it's always negative. They say Norman sucks, they say the DOK is out to get them, they hate everyone who has ever experienced any kind of success at OU, they belittle OU players and students, local media are considered biased unless they rip on OU like Traber and Gottlieb, etc.

Know why? They don't like us. Nothing we do satisfies them. Same here for us and Texas. Simple as that. When you learn to look past the cheating accusations, fanbase hatred, and all other rumors and senseless negativity, what is ever really said?

Crimsontothecore
2/11/2008, 09:10 PM
If I may...

The difference is that people can't help their looks, but Lucas's mom had a choice to put down the crack pipe.

badger
2/12/2008, 12:16 PM
Ok, they're bitter. They recruited both Griffin brothers and they both chose OU, so now even Mama Griffin is fair game for them.

We've all joked about the Woods family (although I don't recall any yo mama jokes). However, now that the Woods are all graduated, the best they can hope for is Mama Woods to give them a few more players... preferably ones on defense.

...did that joke go too far? No? Ok, well, her the reason her boys go to OSU is because teeth are burnt orange. Oooooo diss.