PDA

View Full Version : "Straight Talk Express Takes Scenic Route To Truth"

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/29/2008, 01:54 AM
From humanevents.com-

"Straight Talk Express Takes Scenic Route to Truth"

Posted: 01/23/2008

John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk.

Of course, I might lie constantly too, if I were seeking the Republican presidential nomination after enthusiastically promoting amnesty for illegal aliens, Social Security credit for illegal aliens, criminal trials for terrorists, stem-cell research on human embryos, crackpot global warming legislation and free speech-crushing campaign-finance laws(McCain-Feingold).

I might lie too, if I had opposed the Bush tax cuts, a marriage amendment to the Constitution, waterboarding terrorists and drilling in Alaska.

And I might lie if I had called the ads of the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth "dishonest and dishonorable."

McCain angrily denounces the suggestion that his "comprehensive immigration reform" constituted "amnesty" -- on the ludicrous grounds that it included a small fine. Even the guy who graduated fifth from the bottom of his class at the U.S. Naval Academy didn't fall for this a few years ago.

In 2003, McCain told The Tucson Citizen that "amnesty has to be an important part" of any immigration reform. He also rolled out the old chestnut about America's need for illegals, who do "jobs that American workers simply won't do."

McCain's amnesty bill would have immediately granted millions of newly legalized immigrants Social Security benefits. He even supported allowing work performed as an illegal to count toward Social Security benefits as recently as a vote in 2006 -- now adamantly denied by Mr. Straight Talk.

McCain keeps boasting that he was "the only one" of the Republican presidential candidates who supported the surge in Iraq.

What is he talking about? All Republicans supported the surge -- including Mitt Romney and Rudy Giuliani. The only ones who didn't support it were McCain pals like Sen. Chuck Hagel. Indeed, the surge is the first part of the war on terrorism that caused McCain to break from Hagel in order to support the president.

True, McCain voted for the war. So did Hillary Clinton. Like her, he then immediately started attacking every other aspect of the war on terrorism. (The only difference was, he threw in frequent references to his experience as a POW, which currently outnumber John Kerry's references to being a Vietnam vet.)

Thus, McCain joined with the Democrats in demanding O.J. trials for terrorists at Guantanamo, including his demand that the terrorists have full access to the intelligence files being used to prosecute them.

These days, McCain gives swashbuckling speeches about the terrorists who "will follow us home." But he still opposes dripping water down their noses. He was a POW, you know. Also a member of the KEATING 5 SCANDAL, which you probably don't know, and won't -- until he becomes the Republican nominee.

Though McCain was far from the only Republican to support the surge, he does have the distinction of being the only Republican who voted against the Bush tax cuts. (Also the little lamented Sen. Lincoln Chafee, who later left the Republican Party.) Now McCain claims he opposed the tax cuts because they didn't include enough spending cuts. But that wasn't what he said at the time.

To the contrary, in 2001, McCain said he was voting against Bush's tax cuts based on the idiotic talking point of the Democrats. "I cannot in good conscience," McCain said, "support a tax cut in which so many of the benefits go to the most fortunate among us at the expense of middle-class Americans who need tax relief."

McCain started and fanned the vicious anti-Bush myth that, before the 2000 South Carolina primary, the Bush campaign made phone calls to voters calling McCain a "liar, cheat and a fraud" and accusing him of having an illegitimate black child.

On the thin reed of a hearsay account, McCain immediately blamed the calls on Bush. "I'm calling on my good friend George Bush," McCain said, "to stop this now. He comes from a better family. He knows better than this."

Bush denied that his campaign had anything to do with the alleged calls and, in a stunningly magnanimous act, ordered his campaign to release the script of the calls being made in South Carolina.

Bush asked McCain to do the same for his calls implying that Bush was an anti-Catholic bigot(in Michigan), but McCain refused. Instead, McCain responded with a campaign commercial calling Bush a liar on the order of Bill Clinton:

MCCAIN: His ad twists the truth like Clinton. We're all pretty tired of that.

ANNOUNCER: Do we really want another politician in the White House America can't trust?

After massive investigations by the Los Angeles Times and investigative reporter Byron York, among others, it turned out that neither of the alleged calls had ever been made by the Bush campaign -- nor, it appeared, by anyone else. There was no evidence that any such calls had ever been made, which is unheard of when hundreds of thousands of "robo-calls" are being left on answering machines across the state.

And yet, to this day, the media weep with McCain over Bush's underhanded tactics in the 2000 South Carolina primary.

In fact, the most vicious attack in the 2000 South Carolina primary came from McCain -- and not against his opponent.

Seeking even more favorable press from The New York Times, McCain launched an unprovoked attack against the Rev. Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson, calling them "agents of intolerance." Unlike the phantom "black love child" calls, there's documentary evidence of this smear campaign.

To ensure he would get full media coverage for that little gem, McCain alerted the networks in advance that he planned to attack their favorite whipping boys. Newspaper editors across the country stood in awe of McCain's raw bravery. The New York Times praised him in an editorial that said the Republican Party "has for too long been tied to the cramped ideology of the Falwells and the Robertsons."

Though McCain generally votes pro-life -- as his Arizona constituency requires -- he embraces the loony lingo of the pro-abortion set, repeatedly assuring his pals in the media that he opposes the repeal of Roe v. Wade because it would force women to undergo "illegal and dangerous operations."

Come to think of it, Dole is a million times better than McCain. Why not run him again?

------
Ann Coulter is Legal Affairs Correspondent for HUMAN EVENTS and author of "High Crimes and Misdemeanors," "Slander," ""How to Talk to a Liberal (If You Must)," "Godless," and most recently, "If Democrats Had Any Brains, They'd Be Republicans."

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2008, 01:57 AM
I'm going to predict right now that this thread won't end well. I haven't read the OP. I probably won't-I've read enough of Coulter to know what the likely tone of her screed is. I'm just saying: this is likely to bring out allied McCain supporters and Coulter-haters.

1/29/2008, 02:02 AM
I'm going to predict right now that this thread won't end well. I haven't read the OP. I probably won't-I've read enough of Coulter to know what the likely tone of her screed is. I'm just saying: this is likely to bring out allied McCain supporters and Coulter-haters.That's okay. People need to have a chance to read it. They can analyze it for themselves. IMO, it does give a good overview of the complaints most conservatives have about McCain.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 02:11 AM
Considering the source, I am not taking the time to read that. If you want to get me the Cliff Notes, then maybe...

1/29/2008, 02:16 AM
Considering the source, I am not taking the time to read that. If you want to get me the Cliff Notes, then maybe...It's an easy read.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 02:18 AM
So basically, she agrees wit you that McBain is a liberal in conservatives clothing...Or are you simply agreeing wit her?

1/29/2008, 02:35 AM
So basically, she agrees wit you that McBain is a liberal in conservatives clothing...Or are you simply agreeing wit her?Way back when, he didn't take all the lberal positions he's taken in the last 8-10 years. He hasn't seemed very honest for quite a while, either. I've wanted him gone from politics for a long time. She lists the grievances pretty thoroughly.

Octavian
1/29/2008, 02:44 AM
I read the first two paragraphs. meh.

Its funny. Both the Dems and the GOP are in civil wars at the same time. Both races will probably continue past Super Tuesday.

Both conventions have the potential to be crazy. Regardless of who wins on either side....there's gonna be a huge chunk of people that will really dislike BOTH candidates in the GE. Be interesting to see if there will be any major realignments among voting blocs.

And a third party candidate could still turn everything on its head. 2008 could be a crazy year.

Ash
1/29/2008, 02:48 AM
Wonder how much powder passed through the rolled up twenty before 'she' spewed out this one.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 02:51 AM
And a third party candidate could still turn everything on its head. 2008 could be a crazy year.

Good call, Bloomberg maybe

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 03:43 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha hahahahahahaha!

Ann Coulter wrote something again.

Ha Ha Ha Ha hahahahahahaha!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

SoonerGirl06
1/29/2008, 07:33 AM
Actually, I think it's one of her most "toned down" articles I've read from her in a while.

I think she pretty much sums up what a lot of Republicans disapprove of with McCain.

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 07:55 AM
Ha Ha Ha Ha hahahahahahaha!

Ann Coulter wrote something again.

Ha Ha Ha Ha hahahahahahaha!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

At least she is writing SOMETHING -- unlike some people I could mention. ;)

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 09:13 AM
Come to think of it, Dole is a million times better than McCain. Why not run him again?

Does Coulter not remember that Bob Dole said Bob Dole scared little children during the last time he ran for the white house?

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 09:24 AM
I normally don't watch the Daily Show, but heh.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=148739&title=republicans-in-florida

TheHumanAlphabet
1/29/2008, 09:25 AM
McCain was most definitely in giving illegals SS benefits along with the other liberal Senators. He also wants to give illegals status in the US. We must defeat this man!

SanJoaquinSooner
1/29/2008, 09:48 AM
Ann Coulter's endorsement of Duncan Hunter has done wonders for his campaign.

1/29/2008, 10:55 AM
Ann Coulter's endorsement of Duncan Hunter has done wonders for his campaign.The man lacked FIRE. He had the best ideas and positions of all the candidates, but no Pizzaz.

r5TPsooner
1/29/2008, 11:06 AM
McCain is a moderate Republican? Who knew?!

Here's the dealio for most republicans IMHO that I have talked to... Most will vote for Romney or Hucakbee in the primaries, while independents will mostly vote for Mccain possibly giving him a slight edge. I personally like McCain but mainly disagree with his stance on illegal immigration.

I will either vote for Romney or Huckabee comes next week, but if McCain wins the Republican primary, then I see him as a more favorable candidate than Bilary or Obama simply on fiscal issues and national security issues, not to mention that I hate the Clinton's more than Satan himself.

Scott D
1/29/2008, 01:26 PM
"If we took away women's rights to be "journalists". Ann Coulter could get her bitch *** back in the kitchen and make me a pot pie." - Me.

Viking Kitten
1/29/2008, 01:35 PM
I'd like to write a book called, "If Ann Coulter Had a Penis She'd Be Useful To Me."

Course I haven't completely given up hope on that yet.

picasso
1/29/2008, 01:37 PM
Coulter is a nutbag and needs to try some decaff.

I'm a rightie and I can't stand the windy loon.

Position Limit
1/29/2008, 01:48 PM
i find it amusing how talking points, sound bites, hair coloring and am radio can easily dupe the masses. most self proclaimed "republicans" would'nt know a conservative if they sat of their face. what was ronnie's stance on illegal immigration? i guess having one of the 2 letters on your voter registration gives you something to root for. go team. fight. win.

Scott D
1/29/2008, 01:49 PM
This thread is now about Ann Coulter dropping the pen..and putting on the Apron and making food.

picasso
1/29/2008, 01:50 PM
i find it amusing how talking points, sound bites, hair coloring and am radio can easily dupe the masses. most self proclaimed "republicans" would'nt know a conservative if they sat of their face. what was ronnie's stance on illegal immigration? i guess having one of the 2 letters on your voter registration gives you something to root for. go team. fight. win.
yeah. but. sometimes you gotta go with the lesser of the two evils. been a very easy choice in my voting history.

I just love political snobs because they are just darn more well informed than some goober listening to the radio and living in the woods.

Rhino
1/29/2008, 02:59 PM
I'd like to write a book called, "If Ann Coulter Had a Penis She'd Be Useful To Me."

Course I haven't completely given up hope on that yet. http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/6956/coulteradamsappleag9.jpg
http://www.overspun.com/images/Coulter.Alien.jpg

Scott D
1/29/2008, 03:01 PM
everyone knows that's Terence Stamp in the first picture Rhino ;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/29/2008, 03:03 PM
Is she married?

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 03:03 PM
I just love political snobs because they are just darn more well informed than some goober listening to the radio and living in the woods.

Agreed!................oh wait...n/m

yeah. but. sometimes you gotta go with the lesser of the two evils. been a very easy choice in my voting history.

I used to agree with this but changed my opinion several years ago. Lesser-of-two-evils voting just perpetuates the mediocrity of our candidates. I refuse to vote for another candidate unless I believe they are truly deserving of my vote.

Curly Bill
1/29/2008, 03:07 PM
I refuse to vote for another candidate unless I believe they are truly deserving of my vote.

So you're saying you will likely never cast another vote? ;)

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 03:32 PM
So you're saying you will likely never cast another vote? ;)
I should amend that by saying that I'm perfectly willing to cast a "protest" ballot which is why, under just the right circumstance, I could vote for Obama.

But it's really not that hard to get my vote. I just have to be convinced you truly believe in limited government.

1/29/2008, 03:51 PM
I should amend that by saying that I'm perfectly willing to cast a "protest" ballot which is why, under just the right circumstance, I could vote for Obama.

But it's really not that hard to get my vote. I just have to be convinced you truly believe in limited government.Would you be just as inclined to vote for Hellery as you would Obama?

picasso
1/29/2008, 03:51 PM
Agreed!................oh wait...n/m

I used to agree with this but changed my opinion several years ago. Lesser-of-two-evils voting just perpetuates the mediocrity of our candidates. I refuse to vote for another candidate unless I believe they are truly deserving of my vote.
so when there is two left to vote for and you like neither you just stay home?

Octavian
1/29/2008, 04:01 PM

so you'd vote for Obama over McCain.

how about Obama v. Romney?

1/29/2008, 04:08 PM
Lesser-of-two-evils voting just perpetuates the mediocrity of our candidates. I refuse to vote for another candidate unless I believe they are truly deserving of my vote.Why do you think the dems and their media have pushed so hard to get the repub nomination for McCain or Huckabee?

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 04:18 PM
So Romney is a shoe in to win the GE :confused:

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 04:20 PM

No, there are typically other races. But I have and will abstain from some races.

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 04:21 PM
so you'd vote for Obama over McCain.

how about Obama v. Romney?

Romney.

There's some question as to whether I'd abstain or vote for Obama if McCain is the nominee. If Huckabee is the nominee then I'll DEFINITELY vote Obama. I believe Huckabee to be the most dangerous Republican in the mix.

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 04:23 PM
Actually, I think it's one of her most "toned down" articles I've read from her in a while since she didn't call anyone a Nazi, the "N-Word" or talk about how Jesus wants to throat punch McCain.

I think she pretty much sums up what a lot of radical right wing Neo-Cons disapprove of with McCain.
Fixed.

picasso
1/29/2008, 04:27 PM
No, there are typically other races. But I have and will abstain from some races.
racist!

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 04:28 PM
For those of you who actually think it woud be a good idea to get rid of all the illegal aliens in the U.S., I hope you realize how that one action would completely devastate the entire U.S. economy. Completely devastate...

But hey...don't let reason stand in the way of your moral indignation.

picasso
1/29/2008, 04:31 PM
For those of you who actually think it woud be a good idea to get rid of all the illegal aliens in the U.S., I hope you realize how that one action would completely devastate the entire U.S. economy. Completely devastate...

But hey...don't let reason stand in the way of your moral indignation.
well, they did leave Tulsa in a hurry and things haven't fallen apart.

I don't want them kicked out, I just want them to obey the same laws that I have to.

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 04:35 PM
Why do you think the dems and their media... Your honor. I give you prosecution's exhibit A on RLIMC's clear existence in a fantasy world.

... have pushed so hard to get the repub nomination for McCain or Huckabee? And now I give you prosecution's exhibit B.

I move that we, the court, give him a lollypop and send him off to live in a small comfy padded trailer somewhere. *whisper*After all, your honor...they're all out to get him.*whisper*

:texan:

Civicus_Sooner
1/29/2008, 04:35 PM
Hey RLIMC,

I can't stand to listen to Rush anymore but does he hold the same opinion as you regarding McCain?

If McCain wins tonight, it's over. Just get used to it. If Mitt wins tonight, look for a full blown brokered convention.

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 04:36 PM
well, they did leave Tulsa in a hurry and things haven't fallen apart.

I don't want them kicked out, I just want them to obey the same laws that I have to. How much real impact on the U.S. economy do you think Tulsa has when compared with Florida, California and Arizona?

Civicus_Sooner
1/29/2008, 04:37 PM
How much real impact on the U.S. economy do you think Tulsa has when compared with Florida, California and Arizona?
Depends, are you counting meth labs or not.

;)

1/29/2008, 04:45 PM
Hey RLIMC,

I can't stand to listen to Rush anymore but does he hold the same opinion as you regarding McCain?

If McCain wins tonight, it's over. Just get used to it. If Mitt wins tonight, look for a full blown brokered convention.IMO neither one is likely out until super tuesday. Even then, it still may not be over. McCain is only a shade better than Huckabee, and maybe a lot more hotheaded.

picasso
1/29/2008, 04:54 PM
How much real impact on the U.S. economy do you think Tulsa has when compared with Florida, California and Arizona?
I agree but you're not Mr. Economy are you? Your stance seems to be the consensus amongst those opposed to such a move but it's not a proven fact.

just sayin.

One thing is for certain and Tulsa proved it, if the law is carried out then the folks will pack up and move.

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 05:01 PM
I agree but you're not Mr. Economy are you? Your stance seems to be the consensus amongst those opposed to such a move but it's not a proven fact.

just sayin.

One thing is for certain and Tulsa proved it, if the law is carried out then the folks will pack up and move. Rad.

Get ready to pay $10 for an orange, $8 for an apple and $20 for a cheeseburger at Chili's if YOUR business model goes through.

I still say that the vast majority of the "Ship 'em all back to Meh-hee-ko" people are really just cut from the "anti-brown people" cloth.

:pop:

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 05:04 PM
Rad.

Get ready to pay $10 for an orange, $8 for an apple and $20 for a cheeseburger at Chili's if YOUR business model goes through.

I still say that the vast majority of the "Ship 'em all back to Meh-hee-ko" people are really just cut from the "anti-brown people" cloth.

We can't send them ALL back. Logistically it's not possible. So, Is open season an option?

(that may be wrong)

Mongo
1/29/2008, 05:04 PM

I bet that is the same fabric that the smarter-and-more-righteous-than-you are cut from

picasso
1/29/2008, 05:29 PM
Rad.

my business model? I have never ever come on any board and tried to express my vast knowledge concerning economics.
I'm not a ship 'em back person but I am a come here legally like the restof the folks person. I don't understand how that's racism. We can't afford you if you're an illegal.

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 05:31 PM

Wow, so I'm a racist for wanting other people to jump through the same hoops that my wife and I had to jump through to get her here legally.

:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 05:45 PM
I bet that is the same fabric that the smarter-and-more-righteous-than-you are cut fromHeh.

Looks like I struck a nerve. :cool:

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/29/2008, 05:46 PM
Did you guys know that we have a poster named 'Thundergrunt'?

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 05:47 PM
my business model? I have never ever come on any board and tried to express my vast knowledge concerning economics.
I'm not a ship 'em back person but I am a come here legally like the restof the folks person. I don't understand how that's racism. We can't afford you if you're an illegal.
Don't mistake me. I'm with you. I'm a "Bring 'em here legally" person. But I'm merely discussing the "Amnesty is the debbil, ship 'em all back" people. (you're obviously not included in that pack from what you've said).

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 05:48 PM
Wow, so I'm a racist for wanting other people to jump through the same hoops that my wife and I had to jump through to get her here legally.

:rolleyes:No.

But that's not what I said, is it?

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 06:12 PM
No.

But that's not what I said, is it?

I'm for shipping them back if they don't follow the same rules as other potential immigrants.

GrapevineSooner
1/29/2008, 06:12 PM

We do?

Awesome.

Harry Beanbag
1/29/2008, 06:20 PM
Rad.

This line of reasoning is ridiculous. The market will not support $10 oranges; therefore, there will never be $10 oranges.

This is just as nonsensical as the report of the New York NOW group claiming Ted Kennedy is all of a sudden sexist because he's endorsing Obama that got you all riled up earlier.

Continue your trolling now.

JohnnyMack
1/29/2008, 06:20 PM

Caused by too many bananas no doubt.

Harry Beanbag
1/29/2008, 06:21 PM
Caused by too many bananas no doubt.

Maybe he had just had lunch at Ryan's.

LosAngelesSooner
1/29/2008, 06:23 PM
I'm for shipping them back if they don't follow the same rules as other potential immigrants.Regardless of what it would do to our economy?

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 06:24 PM
I think you overestimate their effect.

JohnnyMack
1/29/2008, 06:25 PM
Regardless of what it would do to our economy?

Maybe they serve as scabs to patch the hole in my existence that the writer's strike has caused. God I hope I can get back some semblance of normalcy in my life soon.

Harry Beanbag
1/29/2008, 06:26 PM
I think you overestimate their effect.

Yeah, it's not like they're screenwriters or something.

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 06:26 PM
Actually that's a good idea. We can get the unemployed writers to pick our food out in CA.

jeremy885
1/29/2008, 06:28 PM
Yeah, it's not like they're screenwriters or something.

Heaven forbid if this strike continues, I'm going to have to actually read a book or talk to my wife to pass the time.

Harry Beanbag
1/29/2008, 06:28 PM
Actually that's a good idea. We can get the unemployed writers to pick our food out in CA.

Nah, they'd just go on strike until they got a cut from the future sale of toilet paper.

Chuck Bao
1/29/2008, 06:38 PM
If all of the candidates would please post on My Little Pony message board instead of those silly debates and all that pontificating, I would appreciate it. Thank you.

1/29/2008, 08:15 PM
When Giuliani drops out, Romney gets most of his votes, and starts to Kick McCain til he cries "Amnesty".

swardboy
1/29/2008, 09:25 PM
When I think of the adverse impact on our economy because of the illegals...most of their wages going to Mexico...incredible sums of tax money lost forever...health care provided...crime (yeah, yeah, most are just hard working messicans, but more than a few have made a run for the border), I wonder if we really would miss them if they disappeared overnight.

SoonerGirl06
1/29/2008, 09:51 PM
No. I think the economy would actually benefit. I know my tax dollars won't be spent on housing, feeding or providing free medical care to them.

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 09:56 PM
I'm going to be sick. Physically sick.

r5TPsooner
1/29/2008, 10:01 PM
Maybe they serve as scabs to patch the hole in my existence that the writer's strike has caused. God I hope I can get back some semblance of normalcy in my life soon.

There's a writers strike? I care about as much about that as I do the state of California in general.

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 10:07 PM
There's a writers strike? I care about as much about that as I do the state of California in general.

The only reason that I care is that I'd like to see something new. The fact that 24 isn't ongoing infuriates me.

SoonerGirl06
1/29/2008, 10:09 PM
I'm going to be sick. Physically sick.

:confused:

SicEmBaylor
1/29/2008, 10:22 PM
Wrong thread. ;)

r5TPsooner
1/29/2008, 10:32 PM
When Giuliani drops out, Romney gets most of his votes, and starts to Kick McCain til he cries "Amnesty".

For once I hope you're right but I seriously doubt that it happens.

r5TPsooner
1/29/2008, 10:33 PM
The only reason that I care is that I'd like to see something new. The fact that 24 isn't ongoing infuriates me.

Glen Beck baby!:D

SanJoaquinSooner
1/29/2008, 11:01 PM

:rolleyes:

I personally don't think racism is an issue. Did you get her here by marriage to a U.S. citizen? That's the shortest and quickest legal path, but not really the same hoops as someone who wants to come here to work hotel/restaurant, construction, etc. Completely different hoops. In many cases, non-existent hoops.

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 12:13 AM
More of that "Living in a dream world" that you love so much.

Guiliani is going to throw his support to McCain. And Huckabee is going to steal half of the neo-con evangelical votes that Romney is hoping to get in the south.

McCain just had a HUGE victory. Book it. :D

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 12:16 AM
No. I think the economy would actually benefit. I know my tax dollars won't be spent on housing, feeding or providing free medical care to them. Well. *shrug* You're wrong. :cool:

1/30/2008, 12:48 AM
Guiliani is going to throw his support to McCain. And Huckabee is going to steal half of the neo-con evangelical votes that Romney is hoping to get in the south.

McCain just had a HUGE victory. Book it. :DWho is it that you think is actually voting for McCain? Is it those who want Amnesty for illegals, those who want to stomp on the First Amendment,, those who think he's the only candidate who would fight the War on Terror, or mostly those like you, who want to see the democrats win in November?(Please be honest about your political orientation, for once)

LosAngelesSooner
1/30/2008, 04:49 AM
Who is it that you think is actually voting for McCain? Is it those who want Amnesty for illegals, those who want to stomp on the First Amendment,, those who think he's the only candidate who would fight the War on Terror, or mostly those like you, who want to see McCain win in November?(Please be honest about your political orientation, for once)Fixed.

Chuck Bao
1/30/2008, 06:34 AM
Romney concession speech in Floorida: Hot dogs, get your free hot dogs here! Free! Hot! Dogs!

Disturbing, that. The Worst Dogs Evar. What is he thinking?

jeremy885
1/30/2008, 07:39 AM
I personally don't think racism is an issue. Did you get her here by marriage to a U.S. citizen? That's the shortest and quickest legal path, but not really the same hoops as someone who wants to come here to work hotel/restaurant, construction, etc. Completely different hoops. In many cases, non-existent hoops.

yep. Still took over a year to get her here.

usmc-sooner
1/30/2008, 08:56 AM

then I'd opt for a steak or Applebee's or will that be $100.00?

Srsly, you bring $10.00 oranges to the debate? Maybe at some fancy gun club in Tulsa where they certify you to shoot from a mile out, but not in the real world. :D

usmc-sooner
1/30/2008, 09:01 AM
http://giniann.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/oranges.jpg

this is a picture of the $10.00 Orange I bought at the Red Castle Gun Club.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/30/2008, 09:55 AM

Stop all illegals, period.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/30/2008, 09:57 AM
yep. Still took over a year to get her here.

Same here for my brother and his Aussie wife. They had to wait over a year to get "married" in Australia until her Green card cleared so she could leave the country and return.

1/30/2008, 12:12 PM
Who is it that you think is actually voting for McCain? Is it those who want Amnesty for illegals, those who want to stomp on the First Amendment,, those who think he's the only candidate who would fight the War on Terror, or mostly those like you, who want to see the democrats win in November?(Please be honest about your political orientation, for once)If McCain wins the nomination, he's toast. The media is gonna destroy him. Just as well, since he would lead like a democrat, anyway.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 12:26 PM
If McCain wins the nomination, he's toast. The media is gonna destroy him. Just as well, since he would lead like a democrat, anyway.Man, you seem like a thoughtful person but dang. Rush Limbaugh is wrong (not you). Rush isn't really a conservative anymore.

John McCain is an American Hero, Patriot, Statesman, Republican and is the only R with even a faint chance left.

If you think there isn't any difference between a McCain Presidency and a Billery or Barry Obama Presidency then you need give Limbaugh a break long enough to look at their voting records. Night and day my friend, night and day.

Octavian
1/30/2008, 12:32 PM
srsly, some people are acting like John McCain is the second coming of Michael Dukakis or something

the GOP has some soul searching to do

1/30/2008, 12:36 PM
Man, you seem like a thoughtful person but dang. Rush Limbaugh is wrong (not you). Rush isn't really a conservative anymore.

John McCain is an American Hero, Patriot, Statesman, Republican and is the only R with even a faint chance left.

If you think there isn't any difference between a McCain Presidency and a Billery or Barry Obama Presidency then you need give Limbaugh a break long enough to look at their voting records. Night and day my friend, night and day.Look at the article I posted here on the SO, "Straight Talk Express etc." to see the grievances I and many have against McCain. You need to listen to Rush limbaugh show, too, as you appear to be as misinformed about his ideas as any liberal on this board. He has remained steadfast in his support of, and belief in, the Constitution and American traditions. Your boy McCain has shown blatant contempt for the First Amendment, with his McCain-Feingold law.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 12:45 PM
Look at the article I posted here on the SO, "Straight Talk Express etc." to see the grievances I and many have against McCain. You need to listen to Rush limbaugh show, too, as you appear to be as misinformed about his ideas as any liberal on this board. He has remained steadfast in his support of, and belief in, the Constitution and American traditions. Your boy McCain has shown blatant contempt for the First Amendment, with his McCain-Feingold law.
McCain-Feingold was a mistake but I applaud his willingness to try something to get money out of politics.

McCain has a 100% pro life voting record.

McCain was right about the war in Iraq (boy do we need a real hawk now more than ever).

He was right about the Bush tax cuts given the fact that he wanted them only if we reduced spending and looking at the recession we are in.

He is right on illegal immigration. Still waiting to hear an alternate plan that is workable.

Rush Limbaugh is a joke and I'm a real Republican. Is he funny? Sure, but so is Howard Stern. Does he point out things that almost never (well before FOX News anyway) make it to the mainstream media? Sure, but he's really put himself up to the highest bidder in this election.

Think about this, Rush was never more popular than when Bill Clinton was President. Now, not so much. Having a Dem elected will do more for his pocketbook than any Republican alive.

1/30/2008, 01:18 PM
McCain has a 100% pro life voting record.

McCain was right about the war in Iraq (boy do we need a real hawk now more than ever).

He was right about the Bush tax cuts given the fact that he wanted them only if we reduced spending and looking at the recession we are in.

He is right on illegal immigration. Still waiting to hear an alternate plan that is workable.

Rush Limbaugh is a joke and I'm a real Republican. Is he funny? Sure, but so is Howard Stern. Does he point out things that almost never (well before FOX News anyway) make it to the mainstream media? Sure, but he's really put himself up to the highest bidder in this election.

Think about this, Rush was never more popular than when Bill Clinton was President. Now, not so much. Having a Dem elected will do more for his pocketbook than any Republican alive.Read or reread the "Straight Talk Express Takes Scenic route" article.Why would McCain want to try to limit contributions to political campaigns? Think about it. A person's right of free speech is what was trampled by McCain. He smeared Pres. Bush in his criticism of the conduct of the War In Iraq, when he could have worked quietly, instead of trashing his own party's president. Look, the man is slimy and dirty. I can go on, but you somehow think McCain is worthy of POTUS, AND appear to have made up your mind.

If you don't care to examine all the disgraceful things he's done over the years, then fine. Just don't be surprised at the direction the country takes if he's the nominee. Whether the dem or mcCain is elected, either will impose the "Fairness Doctrine" on talk radio, effectively killing it. That's really another way of trampling the First Amendment. To be "Fair" in their persecution, they should go after MSM outlets in TV and newspapers, too. But, you know they won't.

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/30/2008, 01:21 PM
We also have a poster named 'Lipton Tea Bags'.

:norm:

TheHumanAlphabet
1/30/2008, 01:25 PM

Seriously? You must jest. His plan is to let the illegals in, let them become citizens after entering the country illegally and let them have SS benefits. Sounds like a plan for disaster to me.

Alternative plan = enforce the rules we have now

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 01:45 PM
Seriously? You must jest. His plan is to let the illegals in, let them become citizens after entering the country illegally and let them have SS benefits. Sounds like a plan for disaster to me.

Nah, his plan is to take those that are here and employed and make them pay some pretty hefty fines in order to gain a work visa and keep their jobs. The illegals that are unemployed or criminals are to be deported. Finally, he wishes to seal the boarder.

He is from one of the few states that have had to deal with this problem on a large scale.

Simply enforcing the laws as they are written today sounds nice until you think it through. We have a ton of illegals but unemployment is what 5%?

He is not for blanket amnesty but there are huge companies that depend on their labor. Our economy will not withstand a scourge of all undocumented brown people, it wont. We'd have more jobs than people to do the work, that's a fact.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 01:47 PM

From McCain's website...

Immigration is one of those challenging issues that touch on many aspects of American life.
I have always believed that our border must be secure and that the federal government has utterly failed in its responsibility to ensure that it is secure. If we have learned anything from the recent immigration debate, it is that Americans have little trust that their government will honor a pledge to do the things necessary to make the border secure.

As president, I will secure the border. I will restore the trust Americans should have in the basic competency of their government. A secure border is an essential element of our national security. Tight border security includes not just the entry and exit of people, but also the effective screening of cargo at our ports and other points of entry.

But a secure border will contribute to addressing our immigration problem most effectively if we also:

Recognize the importance of building strong allies in Mexico and Latin America who reject the siren call of authoritarians like Hugo Chavez, support freedom and democracy, and seek strong domestic economies with abundant economic opportunities for their citizens.

Recognize the importance of pro-growth policies -- keeping government spending in check, holding down taxes, and cutting unnecessary regulatory burdens -- so American businesses can hire and pay the best.

Recognize the importance of a flexible labor market to keep employers in business and our economy on top. It should provide skilled Americans and immigrants with opportunity. Our education system should ensure skills for our younger workers, and our retraining and assistance programs for displaced workers must be modernized so they can pursue those opportunities

Recognize the importance of assimilation of our immigrant population, which includes learning English, American history and civics, and respecting the values of a democratic society.

Recognize that America will always be that "shining city upon a hill," a beacon of hope and opportunity for those seeking a better life built on hard work and optimism.
Border security and our failed immigration system are more examples of an ailing Washington culture in need of reform to regain the trust of Americans. In too many areas -- from immigration and pork barrel spending to Social Security, health care, energy security and tax relief -- business-as-usual politics prevents addressing the important challenges facing our nation.

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm

Pricetag
1/30/2008, 01:48 PM
There should never be just two left to vote for. Not in a general election, at least.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 01:52 PM
There should never be just two left to vote for. Not in a general election, at least.
If you are alluding to multiple parties, that has potential to be even worse than what we have. Imagine a President that is elected by a small plurality EVERY year. Many thought Bill Clinton's presidency was a joke because he never had a clear mandate by being elected by a majority, ever. Bush II in his first election.

However Clinton's 38% and 42% (ballparks) look like huge mandates when compared to a likely 25% President with multiple parties.

Pricetag
1/30/2008, 02:00 PM
How could anything (assuming we're still a republican democracy) be worse than what we have now? The party machines have spewed out nothing but chumps for the last couple of decades.

As far as mandates and percentages go, who gives a crap? That's just business as usual, party politics.

Besides, I don't think a third party candidate will ever actually win. A third party candidate is a way for people to show that their vote was there, but they didn't get it. Abstaining allows the parties to claim apathy where it does not exist.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 02:06 PM
How could anything (assuming we're still a republican democracy) be worse than what we have now? The party machines have spewed out nothing but chumps for the last couple of decades.

As far as mandates and percentages go, who gives a crap? That's just business as usual, party politics.

Besides, I don't think a third party candidate will ever actually win. A third party candidate is a way for people to show that their vote was there, but they didn't get it. Abstaining allows the parties to claim apathy where it does not exist.I agree to some point but a third party can also have a negative imapct on actually electing someone with whom many agree with.

Look no further than Ross Perot, Nader and now likely Bloomberg (who will kill the Dem nominee).

People thought the world would come to an end when we (R's) nominated that goofy actor from California on the heels of Nixon. Ya know what, he's probably one of the greatest Presidents we've ever had.

SicEmBaylor
1/30/2008, 02:13 PM
From McCain's website...

http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm

What he says on his campaign website does not jive with the legislation he co-authored, championed, and voted for in the Senate.

He has become a somewhat bigger fan of enforcement since it nearly cost him the nomination and certainly cost him the GOP's base. It's a pretty thin veil though if you look at the record.

Pricetag
1/30/2008, 02:15 PM
People thought the world would come to an end when we (R's) nominated that goofy actor from California on the heels of Nixon. Ya know what, he's probably one of the greatest Presidents we've ever had.
And the last decent leader. Its been 20 freaking years--I don't think these people are ever going to get it right unless we quit backing them because that's what we've always done.

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 02:17 PM
What he says on his campaign website does not jive with the legislation he co-authored, championed, and voted for in the Senate.

He has become a somewhat bigger fan of enforcement since it nearly cost him the nomination and certainly cost him the GOP's base. It's a pretty thin veil though if you look at the record.Bush's plan was even worse and failed. At least he's thinking it through and not just saying, throw them out. I don't even really see it as a major paradigm shift.

Harry Beanbag
1/30/2008, 04:48 PM
We also have a poster named 'Lipton Tea Bags'.

:norm:

That's my brother. :)

Harry Beanbag
1/30/2008, 04:51 PM
McCain may be the Republican anti-christ, but the alternative of Hillary or Obama in office with a Democrat controlled Congress sends a cold shiver up my spine.

Scott D
1/30/2008, 04:52 PM

He has become a somewhat bigger fan of enforcement since it nearly cost him the nomination and certainly cost him the GOP's base. It's a pretty thin veil though if you look at the record.

for someone with such a vested interest in politics, you seem to have no idea what politics is about.

Jerk
1/30/2008, 04:59 PM
I haven't read all of this but here is a detailed summary of McCain's political beliefs:

Abortion
Abortion issue shows what kind of country we are. (Aug 2007)
Supports federal funding of embryonic stem cell research. (May 2007)
Prosecute abortion doctors, not women who get them. (Jan 2000)
Overturn Roe v. Wade, but keep incest & rape exceptions. (Jan 2000)
Support adoption & foster care; work together on abortion. (Oct 1999)
Wants Roe vs. Wade made irrelevant, but would not repeal it. (Aug 1999)
Opposes partial-birth abortions & public financing. (Aug 1999)
Nominate justices based on experience, and values. (Jun 1999)
Restrict abortions; no partial-birth; no public funding. (Jul 1998)

Budget & Economy
Loss of economic strength leads to losing military strength. (Dec 2007)
Republicans have forgotten how to control spending. (Nov 2007)
AdWatch: Outrageous to spend $233M for bridge to nowhere. (Nov 2007)
Congress spends money like a drunken sailor. (May 2007)
Veto all pork-barrel bills and announce pork spenders. (May 2007)
Use veto power to reduce government spending. (Jan 2000)
Distribute surplus: 23% tax cuts; 62% Social Security. (Jan 2000)
$9B of pork in current budget bills; cut subsidies. (Oct 1999)
For Balanced Budget Amend., & off-budget Social Security. (Jul 1999)
List of budgetary spending priorities. (Jul 1998)
Supports Balanced Budget Amendment. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on Balanced-budget constitutional amendment. (Mar 1997)
Maintain & enforce existing spending caps in the future. (Sep 1998)

Civil Rights
Don't ask, don't tell is working; don't tamper with it. (Jun 2007)
Leave gay marriage to the states. (Jan 2007)
Support evangelism but don’t pander to evangelical leaders. (Feb 2000)
Ten Commandments would bring virtue to our schools. (Jan 2000)
Confederate flag is a “symbol of heritage”. (Jan 2000)
Allow, but not mandate, school prayer. (Jan 2000)
Flying Confederate flag should be left to states. (Sep 1999)
Supports Amendment against flag-burning. (Apr 1999)
Voted YES on banning affirmative action hiring with federal funds. (Jul 1995)
Rated 0% by the ACLU, indicating an anti-civil rights voting record. (Dec 2002)

John McCain on Crime
Judges have limited scope under the Constitution. (Nov 2006)
More death penalty; stricter sentencing. (Jan 2000)
More community policing; enough hate crime laws. (Jan 2000)
Prosecute youths as adults, but separately; explore sources. (Jan 2000)
Pro-death penalty; more prisons; increased penalties. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)
Voted YES on limiting product liability punitive damage awards. (Mar 1996)
Voted NO on restricting class-action lawsuits. (Dec 1995)
Voted YES on repealing federal speed limits. (Jun 1995)
Voted YES on mandatory prison terms for crimes involving firearms. (May 1994)
Voted YES on rejecting racial statistics in death penalty appeals. (May 1994)
Rated 29% by CURE, indicating anti-rehabilitation crime votes. (Dec 2000)
Rated 85% by the NCJA, indicating a "tough-on-crime" stance. (Dec 2005)
Establish an FBI registry of sexual offendors. (Oct 1996)

John McCain on Drugs
Mexico should extradite drug dealers to the US. (Mar 2007)
Administration is AWOL on the war on drugs. (Mar 2000)
Public/private partnerships for drug treatment. (Jan 2000)
Prevention & education apply to alcohol as well as marijuana. (Oct 1999)
$1B for detection equipment for more border interdiction. (Mar 1999)
Mexico: balancing act between free trade & stopping drugs. (Mar 1999)
Restrict methadone treatment programs. (Feb 1999)
Stricter penalties; stricter enforcement. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on spending international development funds on drug control. (Jul 1996)

John McCain on Education
Teaching creationism should be decided by school districts. (Jun 2007)
Believes in evolution, but sees the hand of God in nature. (May 2007)
Against nationally imposed standards & funding strings. (Feb 2000)
Teach virtues in all schools. (Dec 1999)
Decisions on teaching evolution should be made locally. (Aug 1999)
Supports tax-free savings accounts for education expenses. (Jul 1999)
Charters, homeschooling, & vouchers are key to success. (Dec 2007)
Vouchers & charters will improve our school system. (Oct 1999)
Unrestricted block grants--let states decide spending. (Feb 2000)
Voted NO on national education standards. (Feb 1994)
Focus educational resources to help those with greatest need. (Jul 2001)
Require state standards, regular assessments, and sanctions. (Jul 2001)

John McCain on Foreign Policy
Maintain Cuban embargo; indict Castro. (Dec 2007)
Situation in Pakistan very serious, but not nuclear threat. (Oct 2007)
Naive to exclude nukes; naive to exclude attacking Pakistan. (Aug 2007)
We have good reason to expect solidarity of our allies. (Aug 2004)
Suu Kyi and the people of Burma will rule themselves someday. (Apr 2004)
Overthrow “rogue” governments to keep Americans safe. (Feb 2000)
Our conscience influences US intervention, as in Rwanda. (Feb 2000)
Africa: Money for AIDS would be lost to corruption. (Jan 2000)
Clinton abandoned framework of “assertive multilateralism”. (Apr 1999)
Korea: ease starvation, but avoid war during death throes. (Apr 1999) )
$1M political donations by Chinese Army should not be legal. (Jan 2000)
China: Advocate for political reforms, and guard Taiwan. (Jun 1999)
Inaction on spying led to Chinese nuclear improvement. (May 1999)
Engage with China as they become a great power. (Apr 1999)
Libyan disarmament was a CIA success story. (Mar 2005)

John McCain on Free Trade
Every time US went protectionist, we paid heavy price. (Oct 2007)
Supports ethanol, but by exporting, not by subsidies. (Oct 2007)
No environmental provisions in trade agreements. (Nov 2004)
Against foreign sales corporations (offshore tax breaks). (Feb 2000)
Substitute trade treaties for protectionism. (Jan 2000)
Free trade with any country except security risks. (May 1999)
Retaliatory protectionism is a “murder-suicide pact”. (May 1999)
China: Keep open trade & diplomacy; but keep eyes open. (Apr 1999)
Mexico: balancing act between free trade & stopping drugs. (Mar 1999)

John McCain on Government Reform
Reform election system, and get rid of electors. (Nov 2000)
Close corporate loopholes; veto pork-barrel spending. (Jan 2000)
Influence peddling helps the Chinese Army. (Sep 1999)
End sugar subsidy; corporate welfare at its worst. (Aug 1999)
Supports Line-Item Veto and Balanced Budget. (May 1999)
Supports term limits on Congress. (Jul 1998)
Campaign Finance Reform
Campaign Finance: ban both labor union & corporate donations. (May 1999)
Voted YES on requiring photo ID to vote in federal elections. (Jul 2007)
Voted YES on require photo ID (not just signature) for voter registration. (Feb 2002)
Voted YES on banning campaign donations from unions & corporations. (Apr 2001)
Voted YES on Approving the presidential line-item veto. (Mar 1996)

John McCain on Gun Control
Prosecute criminals, not citizens for gun ownership. (Sep 2007)
Opposes restrictions on assault weapons and ammunition types. (Sep 2007)
Voted against Brady Bill & assault weapon ban. (Aug 1999)
Punish criminals who abuse 2nd Amendment rights. (May 1999)
Repeal existing gun restrictions; penalize criminal use. (Jul 1998)
Voted YES on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Voted YES on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
Voted NO on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted YES on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
Voted YES on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)

John McCain on Health Care
Preserve quality of health care by individual responsibility. (Dec 2007)
Give individuals $2500 refundable tax credits for healthcare. (Oct 2007)
Control health costs so manufacturers stay competitive. (Oct 2007)
No mandated universal system; no mandated insurance coverage. (Jun 2006)
Supports tax-free medical savings accounts & tax credits. (Nov 2004)
Allow appealing HMO decisions externally & in court. (Jul 1999)
Voted YES on allowing reimportation of Rx drugs from Canada. (Jul 2002)
Voted YES on allowing patients to sue HMOs & collect punitive damages. (Jun 2001)

John McCain on Homeland Security
After 9/11, ask Americans to join military or AmeriCorps. (Oct 2007)
Radical Islamic extremism is a hydra-headed challenge. (Aug 2007)
Torture is ineffective as interrogation & for world opinion. (May 2007)
We must provide our children a strong, better country. (Aug 2004)
Those who gave their lives deserve to be remembered. (Apr 2004)
Military’s political leaders need military backgrounds. (Jan 2000)
Vietnam was a worthy cause despite losing. (Nov 1999)
Pres. needs experience more than briefing books. (Sep 1999)
Discard ABM Treaty and develop a missile defense. (Apr 1999)
Use force, with US control, only for vital interests. (Apr 1999)
Clean up waste in defense acquisition. (May 2007)
Eliminate defense pork, but increase most other defense. (Nov 2004)
Military personnel on food stamps is a national disgrace. (Aug 1999)
Europeans should spend more on defense, within NATO. (Apr 1999)

John McCain on Immigration
Do everything I can to help all immigrants learn English. (Dec 2007)
12 million illegals in country now is de facto amnesty. (Sep 2007)
Amnesty is forgiveness; we offer fines; lines; & long waits. (Sep 2007)
Immigration reform needed for national security. (Jun 2007)
Comprehensive reform requires temporary worker program. (May 2007)
Comprehensive reform must include border security first. (Apr 2007)
No more ballot initiatives against immigration. (Mar 1999)
Voted YES on declaring English as the official language of the US government.
Voted YES on building a fence along the Mexican border. (Sep 2006)
Voted YES on establishing a Guest Worker program. (May 2006)
Voted YES on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997)
English immersion over bilingual education. (Jul 2001)

John McCain on Social Security
We need personal savings accounts. (Oct 2007)
Willing to compromise on raising cap above $90K. (May 2007)
Trust Fund is a ticking time bomb, set to go off in 2014. (Jan 2000)
More believe in Elvis than in getting Social Security check. (Jan 2000)
Option to invest 20% of payroll taxes in private accounts. (Jan 2000)
Every dollar off-budget - no ifs, ands, or excuses. (Sep 1999)
Disallow using Trust Fund for “emergency” spending. (Jun 1999)
Allow workers to invest privately. (Jun 1999)
Lock up Trust Fund; devote 62% of budget surplus to it. (May 1999)
Put surplus into Trust Fund; fulfill promised benefits. (Jul 1998)

John McCain on War & Peace
Iran & Syria must not get nukes; they'll exterminate Israel. (Nov 2007)
Iran is state sponsor of terrorism; no more evidence needed. (Nov 2007)
Congressional consultation before attacking Iran's nukes. (Oct 2007)
Sanctions to prevent Iranian nukes; but don't count on UN. (Sep 2007)
Follow Osama bin Laden to the gates of hell. (May 2007)
Prefers not to take troops out of Afghanistan. (Jan 2007)
McCain Principle: Committing troops means completing mission. (Jan 2007)
The War on Terror is the overriding and transcendent issue. (Oct 2004)
The War on Terror is a fight between good and evil. (Aug 2004)
The War on Terror a war we must fight. (Aug 2004)
Avoiding the War on Terror has cost us dearly. (Aug 2004)
Iran is sponsor of terrorism; US strike if they get nukes. (May 2007)
Keep military option open against Iran, even if no nukes. (Dec 2007)
No direct talk with Iran; talk is over-rated. (Dec 2007)
Democrats proposing failure in Iraq by withdrawing. (Sep 2007)
Reducing military presence has never in history won a war. (Sep 2007)
Bring troops home the right way: home with honor. (Sep 2007)
Surge is working; let it continue until it succeeds. (Sep 2007)

John McCain on Welfare & Poverty
Require 40 hours work per week from welfare recipients. (Nov 2004)
Supports block grants, welfare-to-work, state control. (Jan 2000)
Anti-poverty shared by gov’t & faith-based orgs. (Jan 2000)
Voted YES on welfare overhaul. (Sep 1995)

OCUDad
1/30/2008, 05:20 PM
Where are the CliffsNotes for that last post?

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 05:40 PM
Where are the CliffsNotes for that last post?Eh, that is the cliff notes. ;)

Civicus_Sooner
1/30/2008, 07:10 PM
Just curious, would the Romney equivalent be called, "The Flip-Flop express?"

:D

1/30/2008, 07:27 PM
Just curious, would the Romney equivalent be called, "The Flip-Flop express?"

:DHave you reread the article at the beginning of this thread, yet? And you're still gobbling the McCain goop?

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 02:33 AM

You say this...and then you support ROMNEY?!?!

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2008, 02:59 AM
You say this...and then you support ROMNEY?!?!

I'm not really a supporter of Romney per say -- I just absolutely do not support McCain.

I have serious issues with Romeny as well, but I think he understands that some of his policies, while appropriate on the state level, would be wholly unacceptable on the Federal level. Romney's national health insurance program ala his Massachussetts program scares me. Having said that though I think in most cases he'd be more likely to keep state and Federal issues separated than McCain would be.

I mean, Zell Miller got accused of flip-flopping on issues after he was appointed to the Senate because he didn't support many programs on the Federal level that were similar or identical to programs he himself had advocated in Georgia. It's not that he flip flopped on the issues, he just recognized there was an appropriate time and place for everything and what flies in Georgia may not fly nationally or even be appropriate. I don't think that Romney is anywhere near the federalist that Zell Miller is, but he is certainly more so than McCain.

1/31/2008, 12:35 PM
Well said. Romney is a Positive question mark. McCain has a national legislative track record, and it's not acceptable.

TheHumanAlphabet
1/31/2008, 01:06 PM
I could see myself voting for Romney. I won't vote for McCain and either will not vote for Prez or will place a vote that will be wasted on a 3rd party or independent. I won't hold my nose with the vote any longer.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 01:09 PM
Well said. Romney is a Positive question mark. McCain has a national legislative track record, and it's not acceptable.
I guess he could have just said, "Hey, I realize that a very small portion of my legislative record wasn't that conservative but hey, I'm changing my positions to run for President." Then he would have a pass?

I'll take a guy that sticks to his beliefs in the face of the fire than one that crumbles in the face of said fire.

It's not like McCain is wrong on what should be core, heart felt, moral convictions, like oh, say pro-life issues or gay rights, like say MITT ROMNEY.

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 02:10 PM
After reading that post on McCain's "views" on the issues, I can see why I dislike him more and more everyday.

When I was watching the debate last night, McCain does his best to answer questions with a question or he goes into his patented "Back when I was a foot soldier under Ronald Reagan Blah!Blah!Blah!

He is basically the male version of Hilary Clinton, he just won't quite spend as much of our money as she will.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 03:18 PM
After reading that post on McCain's "views" on the issues, I can see why I dislike him more and more everyday.

When I was watching the debate last night, McCain does his best to answer questions with a question or he goes into his patented "Back when I was a foot soldier under Ronald Reagan Blah!Blah!Blah!

He is basically the male version of Hilary Clinton, he just won't quite spend as much of our money as she will.Hillary was a foot soldier in the Reagan revolution? Who knew?

But seriously, if that is what you see McCain as, then Romny is the Republican version of Bill Clinton.

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 03:37 PM
Hillary was a foot soldier in the Reagan revolution? Who knew?

But seriously, if that is what you see McCain as, then Romny is the Republican version of Bill Clinton.

Spun like a typical liberal.

Well done.

Scott D
1/31/2008, 04:24 PM

nah Hillary prefers lost causes like George McGovern.

Civicus_Sooner
1/31/2008, 04:47 PM
Spun like a typical liberal.

Well done.
lol, yeah, I'm a real liberal.

SicEmBaylor
1/31/2008, 04:54 PM
Don't feel too bad. I think anyone who is a nose hair to the left of me is a flaming liberal bent on the destruction of our fundamental constitutional principles of limited and split government.

Everyone I know is a liberal.

Scott D
1/31/2008, 04:55 PM
Don't feel too bad. I think anyone who is a nose hair to the left of me is a flaming liberal bent on the destruction of our fundamental constitutional principles of limited and split government.

Everyone I know is a liberal.

Pat Buchanan just called, he said you're being liberal again.

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 05:01 PM
Well said. Romney is a Positive question mark. McCain has a national legislative track record, and it's not acceptable....to you.

The Republican Party officially ranks his lifetime voting record at 82% out of 99%.

Just 'cause he's not a lockstep ultra-right wing neo-con christian nut job doesn't mean he's not a good Republican.

Remember that you're in the minority of your own party. There are a lot more moderates than you'd like to admit. Case in point? Florida.

LosAngelesSooner
1/31/2008, 05:02 PM

Nah. Bill Clinton was more steadfast on his beliefs and issues than Romney ever was. ;)

r5TPsooner
1/31/2008, 05:20 PM

Admitting that you have a problem is the 1st step to recovery.:D

1/31/2008, 09:30 PM
I wonder what sort of effect any of the endorsements from other politicos will have on the Super Tuesday voting, and what deals were struck to obtain the endorsements.

Scott D
1/31/2008, 09:46 PM
ann coulter promised every candidate a handjob. Willard is second in line behind Hillary.

Big Red Ron
1/31/2008, 09:49 PM
I wonder what sort of effect any of the endorsements from other politicos will have on the Super Tuesday voting, and what deals were struck to obtain the endorsements.People are going to sh!t when Thompson endorses John. :D

Someone left me a sepk note and didn't sign it (too conservative to be a sponser, I actaull have been a gold sponser but anyway)...peem me and I'll tell ya! ;)

Big Red Ron
1/31/2008, 09:51 PM
ann coulter promised every candidate a handjob. Willard is second in line behind Hillary.heh, I got a "mouth hug." :D

Mixer!
1/31/2008, 09:55 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2081/capt2467a1129fe04935834wa4.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5985/r2551909687jpgx400y280scz8.jpg

ARGH! BLARGH! THE KENNEDY FAMILY IS DECIDING WHO WE SHOULD VOTE FOR! RARGH!

Big Red Ron
1/31/2008, 10:01 PM
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2081/capt2467a1129fe04935834wa4.jpg

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/5985/r2551909687jpgx400y280scz8.jpg

ARGH! BLARGH! THE KENNEDY FAMILY IS DECIDING WHO WE SHOULD VOTE FOR! RARGH!At least Arnold isn't a blood relative. ;)

SoonerGirl06
1/31/2008, 11:24 PM
Well. *shrug* You're wrong. :cool:

Like I care what you think.

You're only capable of making snide little retorts to things you know very little about and think you're making some major contribution to the discussion at hand.

You sir are but a molecule in the universe. Go and bug someone else.

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2008, 12:02 AM
Like I care what you think.

You're only capable of making snide little retorts to things you know very little about and think you're making some major contribution to the discussion at hand.

You sir are but a molecule in the universe. Go and bug someone else.
What a well thought out and reasoned response.

Of course I didn't expect anything more from you. :rolleyes:

SoonerGirl06
2/1/2008, 12:08 AM
You're little spekker doesn't affect me, so don't waste your time.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2008, 12:13 AM
I love people who are never wrong...

Curly Bill
2/1/2008, 12:15 AM
I love people who are never wrong...

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2008, 12:16 AM
You're little spekker doesn't affect me, so don't waste your time.
Heh.

I'll show YOU a spekker...

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2008, 12:17 AM

Now me...I'm often quite wrong. :O

stoops the eternal pimp
2/1/2008, 12:19 AM

your welcome CB....somebody should tell you they appreciate you

Curly Bill
2/1/2008, 12:24 AM
After doing battle over on the FB board it is nice to come over and see people discussing topics of mutual interest and getting along in a nice civil manner, and then to see the love and appreciation for fellow posters, well...it is really almost too much.

SoonerGirl06
2/1/2008, 12:25 AM
Heh.

I'll show YOU a spekker...

And you've proven my point yet once again.

2/1/2008, 03:52 PM
Last night on Hannity/Colmes show, Ann Coulter said she planned to vote Hillary in the general if McCain is the nominee for the repubs. (better the dems take the country down than the republicans)

Fugue
2/1/2008, 04:00 PM
I saw that, she wasn't kidding either. :eek:

Did I see that the Maverick almost switched parties in 2000? That should impress the conservative base. :D

Civicus_Sooner
2/1/2008, 04:04 PM
Last night on Hannity/Colmes show, Ann Coulter said she planned to vote Hillary in the general if McCain is the nominee for the repubs. (better the dems take the country down than the republicans)
Ann Coulter is a real intellectual heavy weight. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Quit listening to ignorant morans like Limbaugh and Coulter and pick up some George Will, Christopher Hitchins and Thomas Sowell. You'll be smarter.

jeremy885
2/1/2008, 04:06 PM
I guess that proves her point that if we take away a women's right to vote, then we wouldn't have another D as president.

2/1/2008, 04:07 PM
Ann Coulter is a real intellectual heavy weight. That is possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Quit listening to ignorant morans like Limbaugh and Coulter and pick up some George Will, Christopher Hitchins and Thomas Sowell. You'll be smarter.I do read Sowell and Will. They agree with Limbaugh. All those people are conservatives. I don't know Hitchins. Have heard of him.

2/1/2008, 04:13 PM
I guess that proves her point that if we take away a women's right to vote, then we wouldn't have another D as president.In a strange, back door sort of way, yeah.

Tear Down This Wall
2/1/2008, 04:36 PM
I see the talk radio dildoes are perplexed that people aren't "Rush"-ing over to support Robot-ney. If they ever thought for a minute the real grass roots GOP would vote for a baby-killing, gay marriage supporting yankee from Massuchusetts, they were off their f'n rocker from the start.

As a side note, I believe talk radio is now eating itself. And, that's fine with me. They can all go suck it when Robot-ney is finally eliminated and, thankfully, tucks his tail between his faked-tanned legs and wanders back to whatever damn yankee hole he crawled out of.

No good, baby-killing, gay-marriage supporting, cult following penis wrinkle.

If by some miracle of Joseph Smith this fraudulent spawn of a wealthy auto company executive gets the nomination, I'm writing in Tusken Raider. At least Tusken Raider has some personality...and if he'd just take the rags off his face, he could get a real tan - unlike Robot-ney's fake one.

http://www.dutch-starwars.com/database/functies/pics/tusken_raider.jpg

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2008, 04:36 PM
And you've proven my point yet once again.And you've proven my point yet once again.

Civicus_Sooner
2/1/2008, 04:39 PM
I do read Sowell and Will. They agree with Limbaugh. Not really...

"Conservatives should be the last ones to let the Clintons take control of the White House again, just because they cannot find an alternative candidate who meets all their desires.

It may not be emotionally satisfying to vote for the lesser of two evils but a lot depends on how bad the worse evil is. Nobody running on the Republican ticket is as dangerous as the Clintons."

-Thomas Sowell

jeremy885
2/1/2008, 04:46 PM
Robot-ney.
heh. Haven't heard that one before.

2/1/2008, 05:02 PM
Not really...

"Conservatives should be the last ones to let the Clintons take control of the White House again, just because they cannot find an alternative candidate who meets all their desires.

It may not be emotionally satisfying to vote for the lesser of two evils but a lot depends on how bad the worse evil is. Nobody running on the Republican ticket is as dangerous as the Clintons."

-Thomas SowellI personally agree with Sowell, that McCain isn't quite as bad as Hellery, but I also agree with Coulter, that both candidates will do incalculable(on the very significant side) damage to the country.
McCain is a dishonest hothead, and is disgusting. Those same attributes are Hellery's good points.

LosAngelesSooner
2/1/2008, 05:52 PM
heh. Haven't heard that one before.Heh...
I liked it, too. :D

2/1/2008, 11:42 PM
At this point, I'm beginning to agree with SicEm. If McCain is the repub nominee, because he is so objectionable, I might abstain.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2008, 12:05 AM
I can honestly say I don't like any candidate, I just can't stand Hillary.
If Hillary wins the Dems, I'll vote whoever runs against her. If Obama wins I probably won't vote.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 08:08 AM
At this point, I'm beginning to agree with SicEm. If McCain is the repub nominee, because he is so objectionable, I might abstain.Maybe you and he can go have a Zima together too.:D

2/2/2008, 10:19 AM
Maybe you and he can go have a Zima together too.:DWe will join with LOTS of folks.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 10:24 AM
We will join with LOTS of folks.Sounds like the whiners club, pity party. Maybe Ann Coulter will perform fellatio on all of ya.

I can understand all the silly comments from the far right to try and sway voters away from McCain. It's over, you lost the primary to McCain, whom is MORE conservative than Romney in many ways but whatever.

Now lets work together to make sure Billery and Hussein don't get elected, k?

2/2/2008, 10:27 AM
Sounds like the whiners club, pity party. Maybe Ann Coulter will perform fellatio on all of ya.

I can understand all the silly comments from the far right to try and sway voters away from McCain. It's over, you lost the primary to McCain, whom is MORE conservative than Romney in many ways but whatever.

Now lets work together to make sure Billery and Hussein don't get elected, k?Sorry, I can't support McCain.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 10:28 AM
Sorry, I can't support McCain.Then you are intellectually dishonest. Or just stupid.

2/2/2008, 10:40 AM
Then you are intellectually dishonest. Or just stupid.Hey, don't be like a democrat, and do that name-calling stuff. I don't trust McCain on anything. I am not at all convinced he would appoint conservative judges, and if he's the nominee, conservatism will take an ugly hit that will set back the party for possibly many years. It's a democrat's wet dream.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 10:44 AM
Hey, don't be like a democrat, and do that name-calling stuff. I don't trust McCain on anything. I am not at all convinced he would appoint conservative judges, and if he's the nominee, conservatism will take an ugly hit that will set back the party for possibly many years. It's a democrat's wet dream.I thought you would have recognized one of Rush's favorite phrases (he's the name caller).

2/2/2008, 10:47 AM
I thought you would have recognized one of Rush's favorite phrases (he's the name caller).I don't think you really listen to his show all that much.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 10:56 AM
I don't think you really listen to his show all that much.Used to back in 1992-96ish. He's a funny guy but an uneducated moron. When my education in general and conservative credentials exceeded his, I didn't feel the need to listen to someone that just stated the obvious 90% of the time. The other 10% he prostitutes out to the highest bidder.

2/2/2008, 11:01 AM
Used to back in 1992-96ish. He's a funny guy but an uneducated moron. When my education in general and conservative credentials exceeded his, I didn't feel the need to listen to someone that just stated the obvious 90% of the time. The other 10% he prostitutes out to the highest bidder.You obviously don't listen to him, and probably more than 10% of his show is devoted to the advertisers.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 11:03 AM
You obviously don't listen to him, and probably more than 10% of his show is devoted to the advertisers.Intellectually dishonest was one of his favorite phrases during the clinton years. I ain't talking about his advertisers on the 10%. I'm talking about 10% of the things that come out of his mouth is paid for, lock stock and barrell.

Shoot, If you and I could come up with a couple of million dollars, he'd pimp you for President.

2/2/2008, 11:14 AM
Shoot, If you and I could come up with a couple of million dollars, McCain would pimp you for Vice President. I guess so. Man, is he getting the endorsements from surprising places, like Fred Thompson, for example.

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 11:37 AM
I was a Thompson guy till he dropped out. McCain became the next logical choice for me.

Let's agree to disagree. See ya in the west wing. ;)

2/2/2008, 11:39 AM
I was a Thompson guy till he dropped out. McCain became the next logical choice for me.

Let's agree to disagree. See ya in the west wing. ;)What's your new job title there?

Big Red Ron
2/2/2008, 11:46 AM
What's your new job title there?HNIC:D

Scott D
2/2/2008, 02:28 PM
I can't see why you would support Willard Romney, I mean Willard is too close to Hillary, so it'd be like having Willardry in the White House which is more confusing about which one of Bill or Hillary wears the man pants in the Clinton family.

LosAngelesSooner
2/2/2008, 02:38 PM
Sorry, I'm gonna move to Canada if its McCain.
Fixed it for ya.

To put it in perspective. ;)

2/2/2008, 10:06 PM
In 3 days, we will know whether the Republican Party will remain the hope for adherance to the constitution, law and order, preservation of the free market, and fairness and sanity in taxation...or will it be Democrat light. There is some hope for the GOP with Romney, and we are ever so SOL with McCain.

usmc-sooner
2/2/2008, 10:11 PM
I don't see how Romney is the hope of the Republican party. Although he does believe in some funky religion like Luke Skywalker. We're better off with McCain than Hillary.

Scott D
2/2/2008, 10:13 PM
In 3 days, we will know whether the Republican Party will remain the hope for adherance to the constitution, law and order, preservation of the free market, and fairness and sanity in taxation...or will it be Democrat light. There is some hope for the GOP with Romney, and we are ever so SOL with McCain.

you may be willing to gamble the future of this country on a man named Willard, but I for one am not.

2/2/2008, 11:03 PM
you may be willing to gamble the future of this country on a man named Willard, but I for one am not.Does this mean you think Romney named himself?

Scott D
2/2/2008, 11:13 PM
Does this mean you think Romney named himself?

clearly. :rolleyes:

2/2/2008, 11:22 PM
clearly. :rolleyes:Is your avatar a Red-faced Polar Bear?

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2008, 03:04 AM
In 3 days, we will know whether the Republican Party will remain the hope for adherance to the constitution, law and order, preservation of the free market, and fairness and sanity in taxation...or will it be Democrat light. There is some hope for the GOP with Romney, and we are ever so SOL with McCain.The Republicans quit being that when Dubya was elected, shredded the Constitution, made his own laws with signing orders, drove our free market into the ground by devastating the middle class in order to line the upper class' pockets, and gave insane and unfair tax breaks to the wealthy while increasing spending to new highs and maximizing the deficit to new lows.

And Robotney? He's got about as much hope of "leading" the Republican Party as Lemming #6 has of telling Lemming #1 not to jump. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping they return some day soon. McCain has a good chance of making that happen.

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2008, 03:11 AM
:sigh:

Lord how I wish Pat would come back and put this shattered party back together. =(

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2008, 04:23 AM
you may be willing to gamble the future of this country on a man named Willard, but I for one am not.

Why is he trying to hide his name? Is he trying to pull a fast one on the American people?

He SAYS he's LDS. With a name like Willard, I'll bet he's secretly something much more sinister.

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2008, 05:52 AM
Why is he trying to hide his name? Is he trying to pull a fast one on the American people?

He SAYS he's LDS. With a name like Willard, I'll bet he's secretly something much more sinister. http://img5.allocine.fr/acmedia/medias/nmedia/18/35/06/83/p1.jpg

They both have perfect hair. Coincidence?

LosAngelesSooner
2/3/2008, 05:54 AM
Of course...I think ALL Willards are evil.

http://voteforbreakfast.com/images/mitt_willard.jpg

...all of 'em...

;)

SanJoaquinSooner
2/3/2008, 11:23 AM
A conservative's case for John McCain:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/editorial_opinion/oped/articles/2008/02/03/a_conservatives_case_for_mccain/

Scott D
2/3/2008, 11:27 AM
Is your avatar a Red-faced Polar Bear?

yeah, a red faced polar bear...wtf is a red faced polar bear? Is that Willard code for Democrat?

usmc-sooner
2/3/2008, 11:43 AM
The Republicans quit being that when Dubya was elected, shredded the Constitution, made his own laws with signing orders, drove our free market into the ground by devastating the middle class in order to line the upper class' pockets, and gave insane and unfair tax breaks to the wealthy while increasing spending to new highs and maximizing the deficit to new lows.

me, Dubya, and Zeus shredded the constitution, in one of my bars, it was hilarious, I was shredding the constitution while Dubya was rubbing Zeus's head and laughing like a mad man, then when we were good and sauced we started passing these crazy laws and turned Zeus loose on the middle class. I'm sure you heard about it.

Srsly one of the greatest moments of my life.

Harry Beanbag
2/3/2008, 11:48 AM
me, Dubya, and Zeus shredded the constitution, in one of my bars, it was hilarious, I was shredding the constitution while Dubya was rubbing Zeus's head and laughing like a mad man, then when we were good and sauced we started passing these crazy laws and turned Zeus loose on the middle class. I'm sure you heard about it.

Sounds like a blast. Did you guys do any drunken long range target shooting with your M-1 Garands?

Scott D
2/3/2008, 11:49 AM
Sounds like a blast. Did you guys do any drunken long range target shooting with your M-1 Garands?

he didn't say anything about Cheney being there ;)

usmc-sooner
2/3/2008, 12:17 PM
every now and then me and Dubya will get out some old important looking Documents and we'll let Dick dance around on top of them. Crazy old fool thinks he's trampling on the constitution. When he leaves me and Dubya laugh our asses off.

2/3/2008, 12:49 PM
:sigh:

Lord how I wish Pat would come back and put this shattered party back together. =(OK, who's Pat?

Mjcpr
2/3/2008, 12:50 PM
I haven't the time or the inclination.

2/3/2008, 12:55 PM
yeah, a red faced polar bear...wtf is a red faced polar bear? Is that Willard code for Democrat?My, you're touchy. A red-faced polar bear is not code for anything as far as I know. It's just your avatar...and I don't know why.

StoopTroup
2/3/2008, 01:16 PM
There's nothing like a good "feel good" thread about politics for a leisurely Sunday Afternoon read.

I wish I had a fireplace. I could go snuggle up with this thread and a nice cup of cappacino.

Whet
2/3/2008, 01:25 PM
well, at least there has not been any outcry for the team of Ron and Dennis!

Scott D
2/3/2008, 03:20 PM
My, you're touchy. A red-faced polar bear is not code for anything as far as I know. It's just your avatar...and I don't know why.

I don't know, I heard on the underground that red-faced polar bear is the new catchphrase in the Willard camp.

Frozen Sooner
2/3/2008, 03:21 PM
Looks more like a yellow dog to me.

Big Red Ron
2/3/2008, 03:25 PM
OK, who's Pat?I'm guessing Buchanan.

2/3/2008, 03:42 PM
I'm guessing Buchanan.The dude is an isolationist. C'mon SicEm!

homerSimpsonsBrain
2/3/2008, 03:47 PM
every now and then me and Dubya will get out some old important looking Documents and we'll ...Dick dance ... on top of them.....

Oh the humanity!!!

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2008, 04:04 PM
OK, who's Pat?
The only Pat worth mentioning....Buchanan.

Pat Buchanan.

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 04:08 PM
The only Pat worth mentioning....Buchanan.

Pat Buchanan.

What about Pat Boone?

SicEmBaylor
2/3/2008, 04:34 PM
What about Pat Boone?
I do know for a fact that Pat Boone is a conservative, but I'm not sure which "kind" of conservative he is so I'm going to have to say, "no."

usmc-sooner
2/3/2008, 05:01 PM
What about Pat Boone?
How about T. Boone

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 05:37 PM
How about T. Boone

Nah, Daniel Boone could kick his ***. :P

OCUDad
2/3/2008, 05:46 PM
Nah, Daniel Boone could kick his ***. :PGive me a break. Debbie Boone could kick his ***.

Curly Bill
2/3/2008, 06:56 PM
Give me a break. Debbie Boone could kick his ***.

Back in the day when I was like 13ish, I had such a crush on her. :O

soonerloyal
2/3/2008, 07:46 PM
From humanevents.com-

"Straight Talk Express Takes Scenic Route to Truth"

Posted: 01/23/2008

John McCain is Bob Dole minus the charm, conservatism and youth. Like McCain, pollsters assured us that Dole was the most "electable" Republican. Unlike McCain, Dole didn't lie all the time while claiming to engage in Straight Talk.

"

Oh.
My.
Gawd.

Bravo Sierra overload. The laughable "free speech-crushing" campaign reform drool alone stinks worse than the OKC Stockyards. Yeah, let's keep ourselves under the boot of the very wealthiest and corporations, and make it nearly impossible for regular-income folks to level the political playing field.

Please, Pepto & common sense, kick in soon.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/3/2008, 08:15 PM

That Zeus...always messing with the middle class..

LosAngelesSooner
2/4/2008, 01:01 AM
That Zeus...always messing with the middle class.. Oh, Lord, USMC. You should just ask me out. Your man-crush is getting a bit ridiculous. :rolleyes:

mmm...and for your edification...
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2207243&postcount=10

TheHumanAlphabet
2/4/2008, 09:56 AM
The Republicans quit being that when Dubya was elected, shredded the Constitution, made his own laws with signing orders, drove our free market into the ground by devastating the middle class in order to line the upper class' pockets, and gave insane and unfair tax breaks to the wealthy while increasing spending to new highs and maximizing the deficit to new lows.

Puleeze. With your new contract you will probably become the "wealthy" you speak of. I wish to become "wealthy" so I don't begrudge the tax breaks that many Americans middle class and "wealthy" benefit from. Besides, I can't recall the last time someone who was on welfare or wasn't "wealthy" that hired many people or invested a significant sum on equipment or spent large sums on big ticket items.

StoopTroup
2/4/2008, 12:29 PM
Eli Manning for President! ;)

usmc-sooner
2/4/2008, 01:17 PM
Oh, Lord, USMC. You should just ask me out. Your man-crush is getting a bit ridiculous. :rolleyes:

mmm...and for your edification...
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2207243&postcount=10

you respond to me quite a bit for someone who ignores me.

anyways you know I luv you.

LosAngelesSooner
2/4/2008, 04:20 PM
Puleeze. With your new contract you will probably become the "wealthy" you speak of. I wish to become "wealthy" so I don't begrudge the tax breaks that many Americans middle class and "wealthy" benefit from. Besides, I can't recall the last time someone who was on welfare or wasn't "wealthy" that hired many people or invested a significant sum on equipment or spent large sums on big ticket items.I'm not commenting on my own financial situation. I'm actually concerned about other people "unlike MANY of the Bush-tax-cut-supporters" out there. I realize what he's done to the middle class and lower class.

JohnnyMack
2/4/2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not commenting on my own financial situation. I'm actually concerned about other people "unlike MANY of the Bush-tax-cut-supporters" out there. I realize what he's done to the middle class and lower class.

You celebrated your new contract with a shiny new $100 Starbucks card, didn't you?

LosAngelesSooner
2/4/2008, 04:30 PM
You celebrated your new contract with a shiny new $100 Starbucks card, didn't you?Dude, I really SHOULD buy stock in Starbucks considering how much of their crap I drink. :D