PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointed by our fans

jccouger
1/29/2008, 12:20 AM
How do we not fill the gym tonight? Seriously.

The student sections were amazing tonight on the other hand, which was good. And the fans that did decide to show up were really loud, so if you showed up you deserve a pat on the back.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 12:25 AM
Hey, I am at work

jccouger
1/29/2008, 12:28 AM
Ok, you are excused.

But I don't think most people had work at 8:00 PM.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/29/2008, 12:29 AM
Jimminy and I were representing amongst a bunch of aggy in N6.

Curly Bill
1/29/2008, 12:29 AM
Looked like a big crowd on TV. ;)

...nah really, didn't want to make the 4 hour drive from the Panhandle of saxet.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 12:31 AM
Kind of sucks, I work at OU, and had to watch the game on ESPN game tracker.

Ever
1/29/2008, 12:33 AM
:( I'm in law school... so I never have any fun or soul...

tommieharris91
1/29/2008, 12:35 AM
The section above the south goal had plenty of emply seats. I actually expect turnout to be worse for the Texas game because of the 6:00 start. I think people won't be able to get to LNC on time and will trickle in as the game goes on.

SoonerStud615
1/29/2008, 12:36 AM
Yelled my head off from wayyyyyy up in S6 amidst some nasty aggy.

jk the sooner fan
1/29/2008, 12:42 AM
i was there in LN5 and there were quite a few empty seats

tommieharris91
1/29/2008, 12:43 AM
A lot of fans left early, including Bob Stoops and Sherri Coale.

Curly Bill
1/29/2008, 12:50 AM

Did they like...leave together? :cool:

freshchris05
1/29/2008, 12:53 AM
Did they like...leave together? :cool:

With Mrs. Stoops? :eek: :pop:

OUstud
1/29/2008, 12:59 AM
N2, 3rd row. I was impressed by the people that were there...I think empty seats for Bed Lamb should indicate maybe we need to tweak our ticket system...

SOFSooner
1/29/2008, 01:08 AM
My excuse is I am in Iraq and the army wouldn't let me come home for the game.

GottaHavePride
1/29/2008, 01:12 AM
My excuse is I am in Iraq and the army wouldn't let me come home for the game.

OK, he wins. I seriously considered just locking this one up.

;)

stoopified
1/29/2008, 01:14 AM
N2, 3rd row. I was impressed by the people that were there...I think empty seats for Bed Lamb should indicate maybe we need to tweak our ticket system...I agree.There are no football ties on women's ticket sales so basketball fans show up instead of football fans just getting extra prority points for basketball ticket purchases.

SleestakSooner
1/29/2008, 01:50 AM
OK, he wins. I seriously considered just locking this one up.

;)

I really hate to admit it, but after attending my first game of the season tonight, I understand why most people would rather stay home and watch on tv.

I was up in S6 also and I did give the two aggots in the row below me a bit of hell, the one in S5 on the isle yelling every time we shot a free throw in the second half got quite a few evil glares () ()

Ardmore_Sooner
1/29/2008, 01:58 AM
I've only missed one game (Arkansas) and can say I've been surprised by the increase in attendance in almost every game! Keep coming folks!

goingoneight
1/29/2008, 02:14 AM
Oklahoma is like any sports program. When something big happens, big crowds will come for a long time expecting more. I remember the football stadium being pretty bare when I was a kid, too. But a few years into high school and ever since (Stoops era) we're back in force for every game. We're not Duke unfortunately when it comes to BBall. OUr fans will never flood the gates and riot just to get in unless we get Wooden 2.0 or something out of Capel.

Vegas Sooner
1/29/2008, 02:16 AM
I am in Nevada, otherwise I would have been there. At least I buy the package so I can watch like 98% of the games.

Sooner4FCD
1/29/2008, 02:43 AM
N2, 3rd row. I was impressed by the people that were there...I think empty seats for Bed Lamb should indicate maybe we need to tweak our ticket system...

Perhaps $20 is way way too much to charge students to go to this game.

Sorry, but when the basketball tickets cost more than some of the football tickets this year, there's a problem. The students are gouged enough with other stuff, does making an extra $15 a head for students really make that much for the school to sacrifice the atmosphere?

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 02:55 AM
I am in Nevada, otherwise I would have been there. At least I buy the package so I can watch like 98% of the games.

Hell, do what I do, watch the game casts on ESPN and save a lot of money. Nothing more exciting than watching number change :rolleyes:

Ash
1/29/2008, 02:56 AM

Sorry, but when the basketball tickets cost more than some of the football tickets this year, there's a problem. The students are gouged enough with other stuff, does making an extra $15 a head for students really make that much for the school to sacrifice the atmosphere?

The entire idea of a "premier" game that costs more than others is a bad idea, IMHO as a fan. I know at least some other schools don't do this kind of thing.

Boomer.....
1/29/2008, 08:30 AM
On TV it looked packed and sounded very loud. The commentators kept saying on how loud it was.

OUSKINS
1/29/2008, 09:17 AM
Yeah, not quite sure about this one guys...

Wasn't a sellout, but very few actually empty seats. I've been to every game this year and the crowds have grown steadily-- with last night being pretty packed. I am always the first to criticize the lack of fan support for the hoops team, but I had no complaints last night-- lots of energy in the crowd and quite loud throughout the game. BTW... that was the LEAST amount of orange I've EVER seen at ANY OU-OSU sporting event!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
1/29/2008, 09:32 AM
On TV it looked packed and sounded very loud. The commentators kept saying on how loud it was.

Ditto here. On TV the crowd was loud and the place looked full.

OUstud
1/29/2008, 09:36 AM
Yeah, not quite sure about this one guys...

Wasn't a sellout, but very few actually empty seats. I've been to every game this year and the crowds have grown steadily-- with last night being pretty packed. I am always the first to criticize the lack of fan support for the hoops team, but I had no complaints last night-- lots of energy in the crowd and quite loud throughout the game. BTW... that was the LEAST amount of orange I've EVER seen at ANY OU-OSU sporting event!

That probably was the reason for the 800 or so empty seats (based on attendance), less Aggy! Which is probably a good thing.

SOONER STEAKER
1/29/2008, 10:34 AM
The crowd sure seemed loud on TV. I was impressed! Does anyone need a Ricola this monring from yelling?

BOOMER!!

Jeopardude
1/29/2008, 10:55 AM
Does anyone need a Ricola this monring from yelling?

BOOMER!!

SOONER!!

Yeah, I got the gargle with gravel sound going on.

bluedogok
1/29/2008, 01:27 PM

In my freshman year (Wayman's freshman year as well) I think a student season ticket was $26.00, I know the football season ticket was $35.00....of course tuition and fees for 15 hours was $341.00.

Sooner98
1/29/2008, 02:10 PM
How do we not fill the gym tonight? Seriously.

The student sections were amazing tonight on the other hand, which was good. And the fans that did decide to show up were really loud, so if you showed up you deserve a pat on the back.

You're just now disappointed by our fans? Heck, I've known that our fanbase has sucked for years now.

Does anyone know why hundreds of fans were streaming for the exits with under a minute left, and the game still very much in question? If you don't care enough to stay and see who wins the game, then why even go? Oh, right, it's because you don't want to wait an extra five minutes in traffic. :rolleyes:

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
1/29/2008, 02:12 PM
You're just now disappointed by our fans? Heck, I've known that our fanbase has sucked for years now.

Does anyone know why hundreds of fans were streaming for the exits with under a minute left, and the game still very much in question? If you don't care enough to stay and see who wins the game, then why even go? Oh, right, it's because you don't want to wait an extra five minutes in traffic. :rolleyes:Those same fans leave at the end of the 3rdQ in football, win or lose.

bluedogok
1/29/2008, 03:10 PM
Those same fans leave at the end of the 3rdQ in football, win or lose.
That has always annoyed me whether it is football or basketball. Getting home 30 minutes earlier shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Frozen Sooner
1/29/2008, 03:20 PM
The only problem with that, goingoneight, is that we were VERY good for a couple of years earlier this decade and people weren't showing up then. I mean, I don't know how much better team than back to back Elite Eights and a Final Four people really expect us to have before they start showing up for every game instead of just KU and OSU.

SoonerShark
1/30/2008, 10:12 PM

They both have kids who need to be in bed, and it was kind of late considering that the game started at 8:06 p.m. on the first school night of the week.