PDA

View Full Version : OSU and their vah jay jay fans!

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2008, 06:59 PM
Some quotes by OSU fans at orangepower.com

"Sean Sutton, beat OU or get your @$$ out of stillwater.

I am not belittling Sean, the same would go for any men's bb coach. Beat OU or get your @$$ out of town, man."

This is the first time - in a LONG time - that I can remember myself actually

feeling sad about our bball team's chances on the road in Norman. We've

always been so competitive down there.

Griffin has never seen anything like Dove before, Obi becomes the star as they focus on Anderson too much. T-Harris pumps in 12. Longar Longar Longar Longar Longar has a good day until he gets a tech and has to sit 6 mins in the 2nd half. Ibrahima keeps Longar out of the paint with his 3 point shot. Eaton is a total mismatch for their pg's IMO.

Too many people in here are cowering down to the sooners.

OSU WINS TONIGHT.

Which one of these players would sit on the bench at OU right now?

James Anderson
Obi Munelo
Bryon Eaton

Does anyone think any 1 of these guys would not be the starter for the goon squad???? I certainly think they would all get a ton of minutes. T. Harris is arguable I think, but come one.

Austin Johnson, David Godbold, Tony Crocker??? yea right.

We have an advantage in the backcourt IMO. We should seriously disrupt their ball movement. I see OU getting points low, but that's it. Our guards better be on their game tonight, because they are BETTER talent wise.

Big Red Ron
1/28/2008, 07:04 PM
Don't bedowngrading their fans.

;)

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2008, 07:12 PM

;)

Hell, I thought I was complimenting them. :D

tommieharris91
1/28/2008, 08:00 PM
Every one of those "insights" except for saying their starting guards (other than Obi) would start for us are garbage. I don't think they realize we own the alltime series like 120-80. Griffin has seen guys like Dove before in Dorsey and Dosier at Memphis.

Ash
1/28/2008, 08:04 PM
I'll take our guards over theirs at this point, especially Eaton. As much as our PG position is down, Eaton is nothing but a turnover waiting to happen and the entire team sags when he's out there - not because of his husky arse, because he does nothing but dribble the clock out, passing only if he's forced to.

He's good for a few great plays a year and mediocre nothing the rest of the time, IMO.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2008, 08:05 PM
Every one of those "insights" except for saying their starting guards (other than Obi) would start for us are garbage. I don't think they realize we own the alltime series like 120-80. Griffin has seen guys like Dove before in Dorsey and Dosier at Memphis.

It is actually 122-88.

tommieharris91
1/28/2008, 08:12 PM
I'll take our guards over theirs at this point, especially Eaton. As much as our PG position is down, Eaton is nothing but a turnover waiting to happen and the entire team sags when he's out there - not because of his husky arse, because he does nothing but dribble the clock out, passing only if he's forced to.

He's good for a few great plays a year and mediocre nothing the rest of the time, IMO.

Yea, you're right. Other than Anderson, their guards are festivals of fail and miss and lose.

OUSKY
1/28/2008, 10:06 PM

;)
Yeah.........Nature beat ya to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Ash
1/29/2008, 12:15 AM
Gotta give credit where due, pokie lite's backcourt ran their sets better than they have been and shot the ball better than they have been. For most of the game, outplayed our backcourt.

Sooner_Havok
1/29/2008, 12:16 AM
Gotta give credit where due, pokie lite's backcourt ran their sets better than they have been and shot the ball better than they have been. For most of the game, outplayed our backcourt.

Sad thing was, that was their best shot. 3 more conference wins for the pokies, if they are lucky

Ash
1/29/2008, 12:19 AM
Sad thing was, that was their best shot. 3 more conference wins for the pokies, if they are lucky

You're probably right.

They've got some athletes on that team, if they ever learn how to play basketball the Big 12 is in trouble.

NormanPride
1/29/2008, 08:01 AM
I wouldn't go that far... it's tough to win in the Big 12 without an inside game, and theirs is horrid. Also, without the high foul count, this one gets ugly. Believe it or not, us shooting 8000 free throws slowed our game down enough for them to keep it close.

OUmillenium
1/29/2008, 01:02 PM
Great posts above.

Pokie offense(sets) is basically spread the floor and penetrate. They did a great job of making tough shots last night. And open shots as well. AND FREETHROWS!

bluedogok
1/29/2008, 01:18 PM

It is actually 122-88.
BUT..BUT...They are a basketball school :D

You're probably right.

They've got some athletes on that team, if they ever learn how to play basketball the Big 12 is in trouble.
They have some talent, what they lack is coaching. They have the wrong Sutton as their coach...Sean looks to be another Joey Meyer after taking over for his dad Ray at DePaul.

picasso
1/29/2008, 01:23 PM
back to mediocrititty for oSu basketball, ala before Eddie.