PDA

View Full Version : Huh?

cheezyq
1/28/2008, 09:29 AM
http://newsok.com/article/3197845

I realize that the above is a Jenni article and as usual the facts are sparsely peppered among the rhetoric (or is it schtick?), but is the following really true?

"Had Kelvin Sampson not left for Indiana, Reynolds, James and Jeremy Mayfield likely would still be Sooners but Griffin would not. His interest in OU went from lukewarm to committed only after Sampson's departure."

I guess I didn't follow Blake's recruitment very well, so I wondered if that actually was the case. I would figure that with TG recruited by KS, that he would have had an advantage with Blake. Or, maybe TG didn't like KS and was encouraging Blake to consider other options? The Lavender part of the article seems to insinuate that this may be the case with more than one OU player. Anyway, this just seemed like an oddly random statement, and I wondered if someone out there had any insight into that situation.

stoopified
1/28/2008, 10:19 AM
That is Jenny's opinion,not fact.Blake was considering several out of state schools because many top teams were recruiting him.IMHO however I think Blake would have joined Taylor at OU under KS.Sampson may have proven to be a liar and a cheat but he ain't the anti-Christ(I don't think anyhow) and he CAN coach.

fwsooner22
1/28/2008, 10:52 AM
No offense but WHO cares! Kelvin Sampson is a memory and none of the rest matters.

yermom
1/28/2008, 11:16 AM
it did really suck to see our former players and recruits in the tourney last year while we sat at home :(

stoopified
1/28/2008, 11:49 AM
it did really suck to see our former players and recruits in the tourney last year while we sat at home :(Amen.Hopefully we can keep rolling and avoid that this year.My only concern is Blake possibly re-injuring himself.We currently stand at 14-5 and need only to 7-5 the rest of the way to finish at 21-10,9-7 in conference.With quality wins against Ark,Gonzga.WV,Baylor?(ranked #25 at the time),TT(all the EXPERTS think beating Knight is BIG) and hopefully at least home & home splits with aTm and UT,we should be in THE DANCE.

Kelvin who?Kelvin F'ING who?

picasso
1/28/2008, 01:40 PM
it's Calvin Simpson, freaks!

william_brasky
1/28/2008, 01:58 PM
just like a dumb bitch to stir up the past

:texan:

haha

ha.
ha.

Shneeg11
1/28/2008, 06:31 PM
Jenni was right though, Blake wouldn't have come to OU if Sampson was still the head coach. Taylor did not like KS very much, and either did Blake

Sooner_Havok
1/28/2008, 06:41 PM
Kelvin who?Kelvin F'ING who?

Sounds kinda familiar from last year.

Jeff Who? Jeff F'ING who?

Man, I love our basketball coach. Everyone is saying that :eddie: Jr. needs another year so he can get his own players in and blah blah blah. He was there with his pa for a while, he knows the kids he has, hell he probably recruited most of them himself. But look at Capel, he comes in with nothing but :kelvin: kids, and with some mild recruiting success has got OUr team rolling again. Says a lot about both coaches me thinks.