PDA

View Full Version : The World Just Lost One of it's finest Leaders

soonerhubs
1/27/2008, 11:27 PM
Save your Mormon Jokes for another day and another thread.

Tonight I pay my respects to a man who has influenced millions. President Hinckley you were a great prophet and leader who we all loved.
He passed away tonight at the age of 97 years. (http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2560294)

OKC-SLC
1/28/2008, 12:31 AM
Hubler, as you know I spent three years in SLC and am not of the local religious persuasion. But a few years back, Hinckley was visiting the hospital very frequently to see someone who was very close to him when I was working in the MICU. I won't say whom he was visiting, but you probably know who it was.

Hinckley had a very good way about him. He carried himself in an exceptional fashion--no small task for a slight elderly man. He seemed very special, to be sure. And he was nothing but class. I'm a Christian, but not a Mormon. But there is/was something very special about this man.

My condolences to you and the Church.

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2008, 11:40 AM
Sorry for the loss to you Church. I always heard good things about the man.

soonerinabilene
1/28/2008, 11:46 AM
Condolences to you and your church.

Not knowing much about the Mormon church, I have a question. Would it be a fair comparison to say he was the pope of the Mormon church or the "head pastor" or was it a different type of role? Ive never heard of a denomination having a president.

soonerhubs
1/28/2008, 12:21 PM
Condolences to you and your church.

Not knowing much about the Mormon church, I have a question. Would it be a fair comparison to say he was the pope of the Mormon church or the "head pastor" or was it a different type of role? Ive never heard of a denomination having a president.
I think that saying he's like the pope of the Mormon church is a fair comparison.

I suppose it's strange to see him go, because he's been giving us counsel and guidance for the majority of my life. His words and actions played a major role in my life especially during my teenage years.

Flagstaffsooner
1/28/2008, 12:41 PM
I think that saying he's like the pope of the Mormon church is a fair comparison.

I suppose it's strange to see him go, because he's been giving us counsel and guidance for the majority of my life. His words and actions played a major role in my life especially during my teenage years.He failed in his job as he didn't keep you out of Stoolwater.;)

IB4OU2
1/28/2008, 12:45 PM

I suppose it's strange to see him go, because he's been giving us counsel and guidance for the majority of my life. His words and actions played a major role in my life especially during my teenage years.

I'm sorry for your loss. These days genuine, completely honest, live by the word I teach, leaders are rare and are a diminishing breed.

soonerhubs
1/28/2008, 01:47 PM
He failed in his job as he didn't keep you out of Stoolwater.;)
Perhaps... :D

Chuck Bao
1/28/2008, 02:31 PM
I'm sorry that your role model and inspiration passed away, hubler. No matter your religion, these rare individuals who inspire and motivate people will be missed. Thanks for sharing.

bluedogok
1/29/2008, 03:04 PM
Hinckley had a very good way about him. He carried himself in an exceptional fashion--no small task for a slight elderly man. He seemed very special, to be sure. And he was nothing but class. I'm a Christian, but not a Mormon. But there is/was something very special about this man.

My condolences to you and the Church.
I think great religious leaders transcend the boundaries that we put up to segregate us into smaller groups and have an impact on us all.
I echo SLC's thoughts as well.

Mjcpr
1/29/2008, 03:05 PM
I bet his wives are devastated.

RIP

JohnnyMack
1/29/2008, 03:14 PM
Hell, you has it.

MamaMia
1/29/2008, 03:41 PM
My condolences.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/171502h.jpg