PDA

View Full Version : OU/OSU

Vegas Sooner
1/27/2008, 03:30 PM
After watching both teams- I will say OU wins by 15.
I have been hearing that they are wanting to get rid of Sutton out there. Can someone update me on OSU's record on the road? I don't think its very good. ...and A&M is way overrated .

SleestakSooner
1/27/2008, 04:01 PM
They haven't won a true road game yet this season. Lost early on the road at North Texas by 9. They lost by 16 at Illinois, by 17 at Pitt, by 8 at Baylor and by 7 at Iowa State.

They are on a four game losing skid and ranked by most computers outside the top 100.

But we all know they will play their best game of the season against OU.

I hope the OU fans show up and let these kids know we support them!

SoonerBOI
1/27/2008, 04:39 PM
Bowers2
Deputy
Posts: 1,024 Re: Public Perception of our (Proud) Basketball Program

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oklahoma A&M and Kansas were the two ORIGINAL college basketball powerhouses! Henry Iba and Phog Allen are you kidding me? Two MAJOR contributors to the evolution of the game of basketball. I certainly think we can be mentioned in the same breath as Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA in historic and tradition-rich college basketball programs!__________________

We are doomed!:D :D :D

Vegas Sooner
1/27/2008, 04:53 PM
what was all that?

Newbomb Turk
1/27/2008, 04:57 PM
But we all know they will play their best game of the season against OU.

agree. Can't afford a letdown.

tommieharris91
1/27/2008, 05:15 PM
I'm worried about our game in GIA.

silverwheels
1/27/2008, 05:18 PM
I certainly think we can be mentioned in the same breath as Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA in historic and tradition-rich college basketball programs!

Uh...sure, guys. Whatever makes you feel better.

Mixer!
1/28/2008, 04:35 PM
I certainly think we can be mentioned in the same breath as Kansas, Kentucky, North Carolina, and UCLA in historic and tradition-rich college basketball programs!

It's this deluded attitude that has them thinking that Booner will whip out his checkbook and bring their latest hoops messiah home from the wilderness of Lawrence and lead them back to the final four promised land.
They blame :eddie: for embarrassing their program by going to drunkytown, and Sean for their all-universe recruiting class imploding in such high fashion.

starrca23
1/28/2008, 04:52 PM
Actually, the rumor (and that is all I am claiming it to be) that i heard was that T. Boone wants to buy Sean out and go after Bill Self. Would be interesting to see if Bill is interested...

Jimminy Crimson
1/28/2008, 04:59 PM
What are the odds that rat boy starts sweating a lot?

BillyBall
1/28/2008, 05:07 PM

I would assume that he already is... Guy gives Gary Williams and Bruce Pearl a run for their money.

Boomer.....
1/28/2008, 05:14 PM
and rubs his fingers through all 6 hairs on the front of his head.

Pretty good.

soonervegas
1/28/2008, 05:14 PM
I'm worried about our game in GIA.

GIA doesn't have the same mojo with Sean. We sweep.

We almost swept last year with a much weaker team.

GrapevineSooner
1/28/2008, 05:27 PM
GIA doesn't have the same mojo with Sean.

Yep.

If you looked closely during Saturday's game against The-Other-Aggy, you would have noticed some empty seats in the upper deck.

Or fans dressed up as empty seats.

Ash
1/28/2008, 05:55 PM
Actually, the rumor (and that is all I am claiming it to be) that i heard was that T. Boone wants to buy Sean out and go after Bill Self. Would be interesting to see if Bill is interested...

Self would be an idiot to leave Kansas for pokie lite. That'd be like Bob Stoops leaving OU for Colorado.

It would take a paycheck like nothing sports has seen, IMHO, to get any coach to leave Kansas for pokie lite. When they've got it rolling, like Self does this year.

AZSoonerCat
1/28/2008, 06:17 PM
Self would be an idiot to leave Kansas for pokie lite. That'd be like Bob Stoops leaving OU for Colorado.

It would take a paycheck like nothing sports has seen, IMHO, to get any coach to leave Kansas for pokie lite. When they've got it rolling, like Self does this year.

Why would anybody want to go to pokie state? I would be shocked!

tommieharris91
1/28/2008, 07:49 PM

It would actually be more like Bob leaving OU for Iowa. Self is an aggie. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Booney open up his checkbook and ask him how much he wants.

Jimminy Crimson
1/28/2008, 07:51 PM
Look for me on TV! :cool:

Ash
1/28/2008, 08:01 PM
It would actually be more like Bob leaving OU for Iowa. Self is an aggie. And I wouldn't be surprised to see Booney open up his checkbook and ask him how much he wants.

Gotcha. I was going for a Big 12 comparison, but that fits as well.

I know Self's history. Kansas is one of the top jobs in college basketball, you leave that job for the Association or because you got fired. If Self were on the downside of his career and wanted a fat paycheck to retire with, I could see it.

Jacie
1/29/2008, 06:56 AM
After watching both teams- I will say OU wins by 15.
I have been hearing that they are wanting to get rid of Sutton out there. Can someone update me on OSU's record on the road? I don't think its very good. ...and A&M is way overrated .

The graphic last night, aggs haven't won on the road since 06?

RacerX
1/29/2008, 07:14 AM
The graphic last night, aggs haven't won on the road since 06?

Correct.

Boomer.....
1/29/2008, 08:25 AM
Profusely.