PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Archeaology

soonerhubs
1/27/2008, 11:25 AM
Any Sooners involved in digs? Do they take volunteers? I think it'd be something fun to do in the Summer time.

King Crimson
1/27/2008, 11:28 AM
my sister worked on a dig out in western Oklahoma when she was at OU. you might contact the anthropology department, they'd prolly have their ear to the ground on what's going on....or at least give you relevant contacts.

Flagstaffsooner
1/27/2008, 11:32 AM
I've done that. Can be boring but great.

soonerhubs
1/27/2008, 11:43 AM
I am always fascinated with this stuff as a hobby. Flag, have you ever driven over to Kayenta? I bet it's alot like Chaco Canyon.

Flagstaffsooner
1/27/2008, 11:48 AM
I am always fascinated with this stuff as a hobby. Flag, have you ever driven over to Kayenta? I bet it's alot like Chaco Canyon.Never there. Mostly in the Wapatki area. The cinder hills NE of Flagstaff.

soonerhubs
1/27/2008, 11:51 AM
I know there are lots of areas in Eastern Oklahoma that remain low key, because I knew a ton of ranchers that had areas loaded with arrowhead finds.

Flagstaffsooner
1/27/2008, 11:52 AM
Hubler, you should dig around Stoolwater. Maybe you could find the bones of someone Eddie Sutton ran over and oSu covered up.:D

StoopTroup
1/27/2008, 02:13 PM
Was watching "The Bone Detectives" yesterday.

They were digging up some Mayan Skulls and Bones.

Pretty interesting.

Okla-homey
1/27/2008, 02:23 PM
Any Sooners involved in digs? Do they take volunteers? I think it'd be something very hot, sweaty and dirty to do in the Summer time.

fixed it for ya!;)

Okla-homey
1/27/2008, 02:23 PM
Any Sooners involved in digs? Do they take volunteers? I think it'd be something very hot, sweaty and dirty to do in the Summer time.

fixed it for ya!;)

1stTimeCaller
1/27/2008, 02:24 PM
My cousin does that for a living. he's been all over the world; Peru, Greece, Egypt, Utah, Miami.

I just don't understand going to college so you can work with a shovel. I went to college so I wouldn't have to use a shovel ever again. ;)