PDA

View Full Version : OU not an elite program?

CORNholio
1/26/2008, 09:30 PM
About half of these arkie types seem to think OU might be a top 10 program. The other half think OU is not. I call it penis envy.
Okie state times 10. http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=201790.0

bstuff1979
1/26/2008, 09:40 PM
Since I'm supposedly working right now, I don't have time to (or can't justify doing so) read the R-Kansasauce stuff. Two thoughts, though: 1. If OU isn't in the top ten, then who is?; 2. I'm assuming they believe themselves to be top ten. This is funny.

If there is a top ten, and there is sure to be several among the different sports-media outlets, OU will be in it/them. Since I'm avoiding work, here's my top ten (and keep in mind, this is for the current top programs...not a historical top ten. That would be a little different):

1. USuC (I hate this, but it is...however unfortunate...the case.)
2. LSU
3. OU
4. tosu
5. Florida
6. texas
7. Michigan
8. Georgia
9. Tennessee
10. Oregon

CORNholio
1/26/2008, 10:10 PM
Oklahoma can blow off period!!

Big time talk from a Big 12 school that wouldn't last a season in the SEC!!

Oklahoma's NC's and Conference Chamiponships has always came from playing in the Big 8 and Big 12 conferences, Big freakin deal!!! If arkansas was there they would have done the same thing in the past.

Arkansas and Petrino will always be one step better than oklahoma and stoops, because we play in the best conference in college football and oklahoma will always be a mediocre school in a mediocre conference that wins and loses mediocre games. Go Razorbacks!

This is one of my favorites and the everpresent SEC trump card that is always thrown in the mix. LOL.

richsooner
1/26/2008, 10:20 PM
Ahem, How many MNC'c do the hogs have since 1950? How many conference championships in that time?? How many were in the "Tough?" SW conference. None inthe SEC. Sooners 7 MNC's,, 41 conference Championships, most of them in the Big 8 competing with the huskers. No comparison, don't even try to make one, makes you look stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!

CORNholio
1/26/2008, 10:26 PM
Arkie hasn't been relevant in 30 years. Even then it was not on the same level as the "elite" programs.
They talk trash about OU not being worth a darn pre-stoops, but that was a period of less than 10 years. And some of those early '90s years Arkie would have considered it a good season if it were them.

BIG_IKE
1/27/2008, 03:15 AM
Since I'm supposedly working right now, I don't have time to (or can't justify doing so) read the R-Kansasauce stuff. Two thoughts, though: 1. If OU isn't in the top ten, then who is?; 2. I'm assuming they believe themselves to be top ten. This is funny.

If there is a top ten, and there is sure to be several among the different sports-media outlets, OU will be in it/them. Since I'm avoiding work, here's my top ten (and keep in mind, this is for the current top programs...not a historical top ten. That would be a little different):

2. LSU
3. OU
4. tosu
5. Florida
6. texas
7. Michigan
8. Georgia
9. Tennessee
10. Oregon

Just out of Curiosity how can you justify a team with three 5 loss season this DECADE..being in the Top 5?

OUbones
1/27/2008, 03:26 AM
It's amazing!!!!!! Since when have 3 Members, with nothing but red spek, been dead on. Talk about a spek bomb!

insuranceman_22
1/27/2008, 03:46 AM
I've read a lot of stuff about how rabid the Arkie fan base is, never actually checked their board until the link above. I'm going to surmise that they are delusional, perhaps from spiked hog cool-aid......I just don't want to call anyone stupid, but with the arguements they've attempted to make I'll have to reserve the right to do it.....

CORNholio
1/27/2008, 04:48 AM
Sure you whip up on the aTm's, down and out Neb's, and OSU's of the world, but you also go and represent the Big12 losing to far lesser programs and taking a blowout to USC.

How about the Missouri's of the world as well. Who in turn whip up on the "SEC juggernaut" Arkansas razorbacks. Those guys are the masters of spin.

OUMonster
1/27/2008, 09:46 AM
About half of these arkie types seem to think

:rolleyes:

cheezyq
1/27/2008, 10:20 AM
This is one of my favorites and the everpresent SEC trump card that is always thrown in the mix. LOL.

The funniest part of that post is that they've only been in the SEC for a little over a decade. Before that, they were part of the SWC, which essentially rated as only slightly tougher than the WAC through the majority of its existence. Since joining the SEC, they haven't done jack squat.

Just something to bring up, lest they forget we're also 10-4-1 against them with their last win being in 1977.

zeke
1/27/2008, 11:57 AM
You ever want a good belly laugh sometime tune into one of the sports radio stations out of Ft. Smith during football season.

Big Red Ron
1/27/2008, 12:05 PM
If you've ever said "pig soueee, woop." you probably have an extra chromosome in yer g-nome.

:D

strick9r
1/27/2008, 01:05 PM
BTW, how did Arkansas do against Missouri in the Cotton Bowl???

Ground_Attack
1/27/2008, 01:08 PM
when is the last time Arkie beat OU?

strick9r
1/27/2008, 01:45 PM
Haven't play Arkansas is a very long time...Sooners can't afford to downgrade their schedule. LOL

goingoneight
1/27/2008, 02:06 PM
I'm pretty sure when your last meeting was a loss with someone, and you have a losing record overall against them, you don't talk **** about them. I seem to remember quite a few times in my day when the SEC was just another conference, and a few times it was a BAD conference.

Auburn proved their worth by struggling mightily against 5-7 Kansas State on their homne field... must be just gut-wrenching to go up against them.

Alabammer has lost to Okie Light and damn near lost to Colorado, so I don't see them as any better than your middle-of-the-pack BIG 12 team.

Missouri proved what Arkansas was worth... 'nuff said. NTM, we own them, too... so no question we'd handle them just fine.

The Gators were all but invincible against Michigan. I guess that means Appalachan State could beat Florida, too?

LSU... come on... last we played, we had them sucking air on the edge of their seats on their home field with an injured quarerback. They're not invincible.

Who does that leave? Vanderbilt? Pffft... Kentucky? Pffft!!! MSU? You're kidding, right?

OU would be just fine in the SEC. In fact, we'd be top 3/4 perennially IMHO. And much the opposite of Arkansas, we'd actually win the SEC. People are way too quick to judge merit on a few bowl game losses. Stoops has only lost to one SEC opponent at OU, so until that godly conference does somethign more than get lucky enough to score an MNC game on their home field with us... they can circle-jerk all they want to. I don't buy it.

Seamus
1/27/2008, 02:30 PM
Very good rant, but I think we lost to Mississippi and LSU in bowls, so two SEC opponents.

More_Cowbell
1/27/2008, 03:24 PM
Now they're bringing up the Bomar stuff.

Glass Houses/Stone Throwing (http://www.ncaa.org/releases/infractions/2003041701in.htm)

MamaMia
1/27/2008, 04:16 PM
LSU elite? It takes a lot more than winning a championship here or there to make a football program elite.

bluedogok
1/27/2008, 05:18 PM
Very good rant, but I think we lost to Mississippi and LSU in bowls, so two SEC opponents.
...and in between those two games in 1999 and 2003 they have gone 3-0 against the SEC. So since 1999 OU is 3-2 against the SEC.

1999 Independence Bowl: Ole Miss-27 OU-25 (Arkansas lost at Ole Miss 38-16)
2001 season/2002 Cotton Bowl: OU-10 Arkansas-3
2002 - OU-37 Alabama-27 in Norman (Arkansas lost at home to Bama 30-12)
2003 - OU-20 Alabama-13 at Tuscaloosa (Arkansas beat Bama at Tuscaloosa 34-31 in 2 OT)
2003 season/2004 Sugar Bowl: LSU-21 OU-14 (Arkansas lost at LSU 55-24)

In the same amount of time Arkansas has gone 36-38 (48.7% winning percentage) in the SEC
1999 - 4-4
2000 - 3-5
2001 - 4-4
2002 - 5-4 (5-3 regular season, lost SEC Championship game to Georgia 30-3)
2003 - 4-4
2004 - 3-5
2005 - 2-6
2006 - 7-2 (7-1 regular season, lost SEC Championship game to Florida 38-28)
2007 - 4-4

They have also gone 2-5 in bowl games (28.6% winning percentage)
(season year listed)
1999 Cotton Bowl: UA beat Texas 27-6
2000 Las Vegas Bowl: UA lost to UNLV 31-14
2001 Cotton Bowl: UA lost to OU 10-3
2002 Music City Bowl: UA lost to Minnesota 29-14
2003 Independence Bowl: UA beat Missouri 27-14
2004: No bowl game
2005: No bowl game
2006 Capital One Bowl: UA lost to Wisconsin 17-14
2007 Cotton Bowl: UA lost to Missouri 38-7

...but as we know around here, never let the facts get in the way of a delusion.

* Arkansas records from UofA Media Guide (http://www.hogwired.com/pdf6/80886.pdf)

silverwheels
1/27/2008, 05:22 PM
Surely all the Pig fans aren't that stupid.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
1/27/2008, 05:28 PM
I'm pretty sure when your last meeting was a loss with someone, and you have a losing record overall against them, you don't talk **** about them. I seem to remember quite a few times in my day when the SEC was just another conference, and a few times it was a BAD conference.

Auburn proved their worth by struggling mightily against 5-7 Kansas State on their homne field... must be just gut-wrenching to go up against them.

Alabammer has lost to Okie Light and damn near lost to Colorado, so I don't see them as any better than your middle-of-the-pack BIG 12 team.

Missouri proved what Arkansas was worth... 'nuff said. NTM, we own them, too... so no question we'd handle them just fine.

The Gators were all but invincible against Michigan. I guess that means Appalachan State could beat Florida, too?

LSU... come on... last we played, we had them sucking air on the edge of their seats on their home field with an injured quarerback. They're not invincible.

Who does that leave? Vanderbilt? Pffft... Kentucky? Pffft!!! MSU? You're kidding, right?

OU would be just fine in the SEC. In fact, we'd be top 3/4 perennially IMHO. And much the opposite of Arkansas, we'd actually win the SEC. People are way too quick to judge merit on a few bowl game losses. Stoops has only lost to one SEC opponent at OU, so until that godly conference does somethign more than get lucky enough to score an MNC game on their home field with us... they can circle-jerk all they want to. I don't buy it.Very well said.

SOONERxWife73
1/27/2008, 07:14 PM
all this talk from a place where they eat tomatoes through a picket fence :confused: thats a big sooiii pig!!!!

crimson&cream
1/27/2008, 10:28 PM

2. LSU
3. OU
4. tosu
5. Florida
6. texas
7. Michigan
8. Georgia
9. Tennessee
10. Oregon
This is according to Street & Smiths "50 GREATEST College Football Programs of All time"
Published Jan 2006
1. ND
2. Oklahoma
3. So Cal
4. Alabama
5. Nebr
6. Michigan
7. Yale---?
8. Ohio St
9. Texass
10. Princeton....?
Arkansas 32nd
They took into consideration, Grad rates All-Americans,Heismen winners, NFL draft picks,NCAA infractions those were the less intagibles
The main criterion were Nc's,Undefeated seasons,post season performance,Conf success, all-time winning percentages.
They go on to explain why Yale and Princeton is in their top ten.
So for all those out there like Ark fans this isn't made up by OU fans etc , but by a non bias source.

aero
1/27/2008, 11:00 PM
Are we talking top 10 year to year or as in history of college football? If they are talking historically, then its quite comical to even be questioning OU's position. Top 5 all time? Most assuredly. Top 3? Actually arguments could be made OU is top all time. Now if its top 10 year to year, well.... I guess the polls are about as good as anything else. When was the last time we finished out of the top 10? How many years all-time have we finished in the top 10? How many weeks all-time have we spent in the top 10? How about compared to arkie? I guess the answers to those questions would pretty much sum it all up. Yes, quite humorous.

CORNholio
1/27/2008, 11:22 PM
...and in between those two games in 1999 and 2003 they have gone 3-0 against the SEC. So since 1999 OU is 3-2 against the SEC.

1999 Independence Bowl: Ole Miss-27 OU-25 (Arkansas lost at Ole Miss 38-16)
2001 season/2002 Cotton Bowl: OU-10 Arkansas-3
2002 - OU-37 Alabama-27 in Norman (Arkansas lost at home to Bama 30-12)
2003 - OU-20 Alabama-13 at Tuscaloosa (Arkansas beat Bama at Tuscaloosa 34-31 in 2 OT)
2003 season/2004 Sugar Bowl: LSU-21 OU-14 (Arkansas lost at LSU 55-24)

In the same amount of time Arkansas has gone 36-38 (48.7% winning percentage) in the SEC
1999 - 4-4
2000 - 3-5
2001 - 4-4
2002 - 5-4 (5-3 regular season, lost SEC Championship game to Georgia 30-3)
2003 - 4-4
2004 - 3-5
2005 - 2-6
2006 - 7-2 (7-1 regular season, lost SEC Championship game to Florida 38-28)
2007 - 4-4

They have also gone 2-5 in bowl games (28.6% winning percentage)
(season year listed)
1999 Cotton Bowl: UA beat Texas 27-6
2000 Las Vegas Bowl: UA lost to UNLV 31-14
2001 Cotton Bowl: UA lost to OU 10-3
2002 Music City Bowl: UA lost to Minnesota 29-14
2003 Independence Bowl: UA beat Missouri 27-14
2004: No bowl game
2005: No bowl game
2006 Capital One Bowl: UA lost to Wisconsin 17-14
2007 Cotton Bowl: UA lost to Missouri 38-7

...but as we know around here, never let the facts get in the way of a delusion.

* Arkansas records from UofA Media Guide (http://www.hogwired.com/pdf6/80886.pdf)

Arkie is 2-12 in bowls since 1986. I posted this little jewel and got perma-banned and my post got erased. I guess for them its out of sight out of mind.

goingoneight
1/27/2008, 11:39 PM
They're just ignoring straight-up facts on their. Blatant homerism at it's best. Some LSU fan posted his personal list of the top programs this decade and I can't really argue as he didn't put any particular order, he just had LSu on top (of course). So next Arkie coems on and says with a smirk "take OU off that list and that's about right."

Take OU off a list that contains Florida and Texas as the most elite programs in the country??? What are you, stupid?

Then some other Dorkansas fan said Texas and Nebraska were the class of the BIG 12. Goes on to say "no way does Texas lose like that to Boise State."

Mmmkay... let me get thsi straight... they damn-near lose to Arkansas State, Central Florida and TCU on their home field, get blown out by 5-7 K-State on that same field, but no way do they lose to Boise State.

Something tells me if it were Texas vs. Boise State, we'd have seen a score of 28-7, maybe 28-14 in BSU's favor and WVU beats them by 50. You can't argue that you'd do better at the top if you can't get there in the first place.

47straight
1/28/2008, 12:18 AM
Who gives a crap what they think

NYC Poke
1/28/2008, 12:21 AM
They think in Arkansas?

Salt City Sooner
1/28/2008, 12:35 AM
They think in Arkansas?
Prolly not, but they DO have good trout fishing.....:D

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2008, 01:01 AM
Haven't play Arkansas is a very long time...Sooners can't afford to downgrade their schedule. LOL

2002 Cotton Bowl, we won.

OU_Sooners75
1/28/2008, 01:05 AM
OU would be just fine in the SEC. In fact, we'd be top 3/4 perennially IMHO. And much the opposite of Arkansas, we'd actually win the SEC. People are way too quick to judge merit on a few bowl game losses. Stoops has only lost to one SEC opponent at OU, so until that godly conference does somethign more than get lucky enough to score an MNC game on their home field with us... they can circle-jerk all they want to. I don't buy it.

No offense...but WRONG!

Lost to Mississippi in the 1999 Independence Bowl.
Lost to LSU in the 2004 Sugar Bowl.

AimForCenterMass
1/28/2008, 01:17 AM
Just for SNG's, let's take a look at how the SEC "powers" have done versus the Big XII (B8/SWC) "powers". Then, we'll discuss why the SEC is constantly regarded as the best conference in the land.

Alabama versus
Texas 0-7-1
Oklahoma 1-2-1
Nebraska 3-2

Auburn versus
Texas 3-5
Oklahoma 0-1
Nebraska 1-3

Florida versus
Texas 0-2-1
Nebraska 0-2
(hasn't played OU)

Georgia versus
Texas 1-3
Nebraska 0-1
(hasn't played OU)

LSU versus
Texas 7-9-1
Oklahoma 1-1
Nebraska 1-5-1

Tennessee versus
Texas 1-2
Oklahoma 1-1
Nebraska 0-2

So, as you can see the "powers" of the SEC haven't faired well against the Big XII's Big Three. If you'll pull the records of the SEC versus the rest of the Big XII, the numbers will look a little better. The SEC makes a living beating some of the weakest teams in strong conferences, and some of the strongest teams in weak conferences. The result is a great OOC record for all SEC teams leading into conference play. When the SEC teams battle one another to start the conference match ups, they're all 3-0 and 4-0. The East Coast writers all proclaim the SEC teams to be great because they have such a great OOC record, and when they start losing amongst themselves, they say it's only because they're such a great conference...plug OOC W/L record logic.

With that being said, the last few SEC teams to show in NC games have done pretty well. You can't take that away from them.

The big boys of the Big XII own the big boys of the SEC. I think OU, Nebbish, and Texas would hold their own just fine in the SEC...historically speaking. Nebbish, not so much now.

CORNholio
1/28/2008, 01:32 AM
. The SEC makes a living beating some of the weakest teams in strong conferences, and some of the strongest teams in weak conferences. The result is a great OOC record for all SEC teams leading into conference play. When the SEC teams battle one another to start the conference match ups, they're all 3-0 and 4-0. The East Coast writers all proclaim the SEC teams to be great because they have such a great OOC record, and when they start losing amongst themselves, they say it's only because they're such a great conference...plug OOC W/L record logic.

The truth is their very own SEC East Champions lost to a very mediocre 6-6 Cal team. That is what happens when they don't schedule Troy and Southern Miss to pat their schedule. SEC dominance is a myth of Bill Clinton magnitude.
The SEC is very solid in the middle but not dominant at the top. And Arkie is no where near the top.

CORNholio
1/28/2008, 01:35 AM
Arkie likes to talk up the debacle against SUC but they themselves lost even more horrendously to the same condoms at home none-the-less the very next year.

CORNholio
1/28/2008, 01:42 AM
Florida versus
Texas 0-2-1
Nebraska 0-2
(hasn't played OU)

The fact that OU has never played Florida saddens me. I would love to see this match up.

2 schools that deserve total respect in the SEC are Florida and Alabama

crimson&cream
1/28/2008, 09:36 AM
The fact that OU has never played Florida saddens me. I would love to see this match up.

Heres how Florida has done they've won the SEC 10 times.
Alabama is correct thy've won the SEC more than anybody 21 times, Tennessee 13, Georgia 11, LSU 9 times,Auburn 5 times
So actually 3 teams have won the SEC more than Florida and LSU is catching up. Now lately Florida is hot Bama is not but probably will be with Saban as HC.

Salt City Sooner
1/28/2008, 10:05 AM
Just for SNG's, let's take a look at how the SEC "powers" have done versus the Big XII (B8/SWC) "powers". Then, we'll discuss why the SEC is constantly regarded as the best conference in the land.

Alabama versus
Texas 0-7-1
Oklahoma 1-2-1
Nebraska 3-2

Auburn versus
Texas 3-5
Oklahoma 0-1
Nebraska 1-3

Florida versus
Texas 0-2-1
Nebraska 0-2
(hasn't played OU)

Georgia versus
Texas 1-3
Nebraska 0-1
(hasn't played OU)

LSU versus
Texas 7-9-1
Oklahoma 1-1
Nebraska 1-5-1

Tennessee versus
Texas 1-2
Oklahoma 1-1
Nebraska 0-2

So, as you can see the "powers" of the SEC haven't faired well against the Big XII's Big Three. If you'll pull the records of the SEC versus the rest of the Big XII, the numbers will look a little better. The SEC makes a living beating some of the weakest teams in strong conferences, and some of the strongest teams in weak conferences. The result is a great OOC record for all SEC teams leading into conference play. When the SEC teams battle one another to start the conference match ups, they're all 3-0 and 4-0. The East Coast writers all proclaim the SEC teams to be great because they have such a great OOC record, and when they start losing amongst themselves, they say it's only because they're such a great conference...plug OOC W/L record logic.

With that being said, the last few SEC teams to show in NC games have done pretty well. You can't take that away from them.

The big boys of the Big XII own the big boys of the SEC. I think OU, Nebbish, and Texas would hold their own just fine in the SEC...historically speaking. Nebbish, not so much now.
I haven't bothered to do the homework the for the last couple of seasons, but I do know that from '98 (Tennessee's MNC year) through 2005, the SEC was 67-76 vs. the other BCS conferences + Notre Dame, & the E.C. pundits can spare me the Vanderbilt card in advance. They were 5-4 during that time period.

crimson&cream
1/28/2008, 10:24 AM
For the Hogs
taken mostly from Sports Almanac

Top 10 teams wins Modren era of FB as the Almanac Distingishes.
1st. OU--Ark not in top 20
Winning percentage
1st. OU--Ark not in top 25
Bowl appearances & Wins
8th OU rec 24-14-1-- Ark 12th Bowl rec is 11-21-3- losing record.
All-Time AP Poll
Weeks Ranked in 1st place OU tied with ND 95 weeks--Ark, never in 64 they won the FB Writers NC, Alabama was # 1 AP & UPI)
Conf Titles
OU--41 Ark 14
Longest Win Streaks
OU 1st 47 still a record and 2 more streaks in top 20 --Ark nowhere to be found
Winningest team of the Decades
50's OU, 70's OU, Present OU- Ark-- never
Most points scored All-Time
1st OU--Ark not listed
Most ten win seasons
1st OU-- Ark -17th
National Championships
OU--7--ARk- 1 FBW 64
Heisman OU 4 winners --Ark none
7/8 OU players in top 4 vote getters-Ark none
Maxwell Award winners
OU -2 -- Ark None
Outland Winners
OU -5--Ark-2
Butkus Winners
OU--4-Ark-- None
Lombardi Winners
OU--3- Ark-None
O'Brian Winners
OU--3- Ark-None
Thorpe Winners
OU--3- Ark--None
Benarik,Unitas, Tatupu winners
OU 1 each --ARk --None
All-Americans
OU -143- Ark ? but will wager no where close to 143
College HOF
OU -20--Ark ? doubt there's 20
Coaches in Col HOF
OU 3 that coached longer than 15 yrs at OU--Ark 1 Broyles ?
Best Fight song per SI
OU # 3 -Ark not listed
Best Mascot per SI ?
OU top 5 -Ark not listed
and on and on and on Yep Ark is a top teir program:pop:

Bourbon St Sooner
1/28/2008, 11:20 AM
The last time we played them, their powerful SEC offense gained 50 yards.

Dio
1/28/2008, 01:26 PM
Surely all the Pig fans aren't that stupid.

You obviously didn't go to the '02 Cotton Bowl.

picasso
1/28/2008, 01:29 PM
About half of these arkie types seem to think OU might be a top 10 program. The other half think OU is not. I call it penis envy.
Okie state times 10. http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=201790.0
what does Arkansas know about football?

Stick to chicken farms.

Youngsooner
1/28/2008, 01:34 PM
I never understood why SEC teams blame their losses on their conference. It just sounds like pathetic excuses

silverwheels
1/28/2008, 04:03 PM
You obviously didn't go to the '02 Cotton Bowl.

No, I didn't. And it sounds like it was a good decision. :D

AZSoonerCat
1/28/2008, 06:06 PM
I never understood why SEC teams blame their losses on their conference. It just sounds like pathetic excuses

Good call.:cry:

1/28/2008, 07:58 PM
Where TF is Tuscon, AZ?

CORNholio
1/28/2008, 09:14 PM
I tell you what. I'm not one for talking smack, but to think that OU is some God's gift to football is a mistake. There season was **** poor this year. They are in a conference that doesn't have a lot of top tier teams. As far as Arkansas goes, we have been building something up for the past ten years that will all come together. We are going to become one of the best football programs in the country.

With that being said, go back to your trailer park Sooner. What the hell is a Sooner anyway? I mean come on your mascot is a covered wagon pulled by two f-ing horses. How lame is that. You guys should change it to a wide load double wide being pulled by two Peterbuilts, one names Sooner and the other named Boomer. I think that would fit your state a lot more. The only place worth living there is Tulsa, and I think there are more hog fans in Tulsa then there are actual Sooner fans.

We may not be an "elite" football team, but we are still better than the state of Oklahoma!

1. KU OU Mizzou all in the top ten but yes you sir know your facts
2. This coming from the place that has a freaking PIG as their mascot.
3. I think you meant to say "I'm completely ignorant about Oklahoma, the only place I've ever been in OK is Tulsa. I fear and hate what I don't know."

crimson&cream
1/29/2008, 12:03 AM
1. KU OU Mizzou all in the top ten but yes you sir know your facts
2. This coming from the place that has a freaking PIG as their mascot.
3. I think you meant to say "I'm completely ignorant about Oklahoma, the only place I've ever been in OK is Tulsa. I fear and hate what I don't know."
Hey they overdose on idiot pills alot in Arkansas and DumbassArkiefan sounded alot like an lOSUr Aggie it's always "we're building one of the best Fb programs" and 20 yrs from now they'll still be building trying to be better than mediocre. Whats really hilarious is an ArkanSAWer talking down about another state when their Sunday best is Bib overalls and their cousin is also their wife. Most of them are like nats flying around a cows behind always eating chit.
WEll our season may be pi$$ poor in a dork Arkies eyes because they don't know what winning is all about ,and whens the last time Arkansas won a Conf Championship oh it's been that long ago has it-I'm sorry. LMAO and OU just won back to back Big 12 C's which has never been done before in the Big 12. The only reason Ark is in the SEC is they felt sorry for you with no place to go and they wanted another school to beat up on.:pop:

Curly Bill
1/29/2008, 12:09 AM
You hear the one about the traveling salesman passing through Arkansas?

He stops for the night at a motel, and after getting himself checked into his room he goes to wash his hands and realizes that his sink is leaking. He calls up the front desk and tells them: I gotta leak in my sink. They tell him: Go ahead.

crimson&cream
1/29/2008, 12:42 AM
You hear the one about the traveling salesman passing through Arkansas?

He stops for the night at a motel, and after getting himself checked into his room he goes to wash his hands and realizes that his sink is leaking. He calls up the front desk and tells them: I gotta leak in my sink. They tell him: Go ahead.
Q Know why O J wanted to move to Arkensas ?.
A Becuase evrybody has the same DNA

You know the best thing coming out of Arkansas...I-40

YOu hear about the $ 3,000,000 Arkansas lottery ?.
You get $3.00 a yr for a million yrs.
A new law just passed in Arkansas after a divorce your still brother & sister.
Two Arkie Hillbillies walking down the street towards each other, finally they meet when ones says "hey Billy Bob what you got in the sack ?'
He answers "chickens"
" Hey if I guess how many's in there will you give me one?"
Billy Bob "Yous guesses right I'll give you both of them"

Here about the Arkie who left his entire estate in a trust to his widow.
She can't touch until she reaches 14

The best pickup line in Arkansas!
Nice tooth

AimForCenterMass
1/29/2008, 05:34 AM
A Razorback fan is driving through Oklahoma when he gets pulled over by one of our finest. When the trooper approaches the window, he asks the driver if he has any ID, to which the Arkansas man responded, "bout what?".

Jacie
1/29/2008, 06:50 AM
Arkie has had two opportunities to join the elites and failed both times. The first was in the endzone against OUr favorite rival, the whorns in 1969. The other was just after beating OU in the Orange Bowl. They were unable to keep their coach, Lou Holtz, who left them for the storied program in . . . Minnesota. Yah, that's right, Lou went to Minnesoduh. That is how elite the hogs are.

Historians will note that after two(?) seasons Lou jumped ship from Minnesota to Notre Dame but you can't hold that one against him. It was actually a clause in his contract.

hybridworks
1/29/2008, 07:52 AM
Oklahoma is not an elite program... you all must have forgot that the only elite teams play in the SEC...

Don't listen to these sister molestors... They're no different than the gundy wonders in stillwishthiswasnorman.... Its funny how they are so against us now, but before Petrino, they wanted OUr elite DC B Venables as their HC... Crazy what a cant-hack-it NFL coach will do to your ego...

Soonerfan1993
1/29/2008, 08:47 AM
LSU elite? It takes a lot more than winning a championship here or there to make a football program elite.

If you are talking about 50 years of tradition you are correct they aren't a alltime top program but when talking about when current recruits were alive to give a freaking flip about football you are dead freaking wrong!

If that was the case Alabama would have 2 NC this decade and 3 SEC titles and LSU having zero NC and zero sec titles this decade!

Alltime no but who gives a freaking flip about alltime! Alltime is stuff that happened ages ago!

Was OU not a elite program in the 50's because it was the first time they ever were doing anything worth a **** in football? No and recruits knew it!

Soonerfan1993
1/29/2008, 08:51 AM
OU is a elite program currently and alltime they are up there with Alabama, Southern Cal and Notre Dame.

The cream of the crop in cfb currently are Oklahoma/Southern Cal/Ohio State &LSU.

Arkansas is maybe a top 20 program and about the 7th best program in there confrence behind Alabama/Tennessee/Auburn/LSU/Georgia&Florida

birddog
1/29/2008, 08:56 AM
i spent a week in fayetteville one night.

crimson&cream
1/29/2008, 06:12 PM
If you are talking about 50 years of tradition you are correct they aren't a alltime top program but when talking about when current recruits were alive to give a freaking flip about football you are dead freaking wrong!

If that was the case Alabama would have 2 NC this decade and 3 SEC titles and LSU having zero NC and zero sec titles this decade!

Alltime no but who gives a freaking flip about alltime! Alltime is stuff that happened ages ago!

Was OU not a elite program in the 50's because it was the first time they ever were doing anything worth a **** in football? No and recruits knew it!
BTW OU must not have been to shabby way back when for in the 1949 Sugar Bowl they beat LSU 35-0, 48 beat UNC 14-6.
OU's College HOF Coach Bennie Owens record wasn't to shabby either 1905 to 1926/122-54-16----- -1905-7-2, 05-8-1-1, 1911 8-0, 1914-9-1-14,1915-10-0,1918-6-0, 1920-6-0-1, and only had 3 losing season's in 22 season's. Problem was the center of the sports news media was on both coast not the midwest, so OU didn't get much coverage or recognition.
AS for stuff that happened ages ago is still a foundation for the present and 30/40 yrs down the road the present will be ages ago to those fans, but doesn't deract from what was accomplished way back when.:pop:

Fraggle145
1/29/2008, 06:30 PM

No. Florida does not. They werent relevant till the 90s. UGA is the one that deserves more respect than it gets.

Fraggle145
1/29/2008, 06:32 PM
Heres how Florida has done they've won the SEC 10 times.
Alabama is correct thy've won the SEC more than anybody 21 times, Tennessee 13, Georgia 11, LSU 9 times,Auburn 5 times
So actually 3 teams have won the SEC more than Florida and LSU is catching up. Now lately Florida is hot Bama is not but probably will be with Saban as HC.

I agree and am completely tired of the overrated UF **** sucking...

1/29/2008, 07:51 PM
I agree and am completely tired of the overrated UF **** sucking...I saw a OhSU fan/friend today, and he was loving putting Florida down for losing to lowly Meatchicken.

OldTimeSooner
1/30/2008, 11:05 PM
Two Arkie Hillbillies walking down the street towards each other, finally they meet when ones says "hey Billy Bob what you got in the sack ?'
He answers "chickens"
" Hey if I guess how many's in there will you give me one?"
Billy Bob "Yous guesses right I'll give you both of them"

"Ummmm... Three?"
Billy Bob: "They're yours."