PDA

View Full Version : In Praise Of Bass and Bourbon.

LoyalFan
1/26/2008, 09:17 PM
Verily, didst I sally forth this AM to a lovely lake, whereat I drove a mighty vessel (Skeeter ZX250, avec 250hp Yamahahahahahahaha!) off the trailer.
Forsooth, I didst tempt the wily Micropterus Salmoides and his smaller-mouthed cousin, the redoubtable Micropterus Dolomieu, with various offerings fashioned from metal, wood, and plastic both hard and soft.
Some few beings of the Piscine persuasion did, in truth, fall prey to our offerings and after spirited tussles were hoisted aboard our right saucy craft. All, of course, were released back into the pellucid depths little the worse for wear, for I so respect a worthy adversary that I desire to meet him in battle on yet another day...perhaps St.Crispin's.
Now, as I sit here, sipping the second of a planned three Maker's Mark-based Manhattans, and dithering o'er what I shall sup upon for mine evening repast, I look back in wonder and with gratitude to Our Lord for those several hours most golden...in a boat...with a boon companion...rod in hand.
Ah, Wilderness. Thou wert Paradise enow.
And now, I exit; Stage right (Which happens to lead to the pre-made backup Manhattan supply in the freezer.)
To sum up...Thanks, Sir, for another day of life, doing that which
I so love, under that beautiful sky. BTW, Sir; GREAT SUNSET!

LoyalFan
Order-in Chinese sounds good. Now where's that phone?

AggieTool
1/26/2008, 09:45 PM
Nice boat. How long have you had it?

VeeJay
1/26/2008, 09:59 PM
Hey, Shakespeare - I'd like to hear more praise of bourbon.

TIA.

LoyalFan
1/26/2008, 10:21 PM
Nice boat. How long have you had it?

Not my boat. I got rid of mine quite a while ago when I got sick of tournaments and petty club politics.
Y'see, I've got several bassin' friends who have nice rigs and I usually do the driving and often (as in today) the trollmotor work, as well as the decision making when on the water.
So, I guess I have it made...no boat payments, no storage/security concerns, no insurance premiums, and most of the guys won't let me chip in for gas. All they want is a skilled (blush) and dependable partner. That would be me.
I average over one trip a week, BTW, and have fished four days in a week on occasion...groan.
I really enjoy teaching the sport and I willingly share my large array of serious tackle as well.
Oh, the Skeeter is a 2002, bought from female pro basser Karen Sanchez when she got a sponsorship deal with Ranger Boats.
As for me, were I to buy again, I'd have to choose from: BassCat Pantera IV, BassCat Puma, Champion 210 Elite, or Champion 200 Elite. Also like the Legend Alpha 211 and Alpha 199.
Just turned down an invite for tomorrow...I need REST!

LF

AggieTool
1/26/2008, 10:43 PM
Not my boat. I got rid of mine quite a while ago when I got sick of tournaments and petty club politics.
Y'see, I've got several bassin' friends who have nice rigs and I usually do the driving and often (as in today) the trollmotor work, as well as the decision making when on the water.
So, I guess I have it made...no boat payments, no storage/security concerns, no insurance premiums, and most of the guys won't let me chip in for gas. All they want is a skilled (blush) and dependable partner. That would be me.
I average over one trip a week, BTW, and have fished four days in a week on occasion...groan.
I really enjoy teaching the sport and I willingly share my large array of serious tackle as well.
Oh, the Skeeter is a 2002, bought from female pro basser Karen Sanchez when she got a sponsorship deal with Ranger Boats.
As for me, were I to buy again, I'd have to choose from: BassCat Pantera IV, BassCat Puma, Champion 210 Elite, or Champion 200 Elite. Also like the Legend Alpha 211 and Alpha 199.
Just turned down an invite for tomorrow...I need REST!

LF

You certainly have made it!:)

Free fishing trips and the time to do it to boot.;)

I've got another 20 years until retirement, and can't afford to recreate that much...yet.:O

Maybe after I put my kid through college and pay off any debt, then I can acquire an aptly equipped fishing vessel and enjoy a carefree lifestyle such as yours!:(

You are to be envied my friend.:)

GottaHavePride
1/26/2008, 10:57 PM
I thought this would be about an English beer. Especially with the yea verily in there. ;)