PDA

View Full Version : Blake G

Soonerwolf
1/26/2008, 07:05 PM
I was not able to see the Baylor game - but I am glad that Blake Griffin was able to come back from his injury "sooner" rather than later.

It would have been sweet if he entered the game at home, not on the road - would have pumped up the Llyod Noble crowd .....

yermom
1/26/2008, 07:13 PM
not to mention a double-double in 22 minutes

that's pretty sweet

of course, it also helped that Baylor had played 5 OTs a few days ago :eek:

Newbomb Turk
1/26/2008, 07:30 PM
great that he was able to come back today.

we probably would have lost without him today.

King Crimson
1/26/2008, 07:42 PM
we probably would have lost without him today.

you'd have to think so.

can't say enough about getting these last two W's. the rest of the season is back on our shoulders.

Soonerfan88
1/26/2008, 07:45 PM
He absolutely dominated the game. We can only hope that he wants to stick around for Taylor's SR season and play with Warren next year.

baylrballa
1/26/2008, 08:06 PM
glad he was able to come back so quick. he was the difference in the game.

Capel and crew definitely did not win any respect by saying he wasn't playing until gametime. He looked nearly 100%. but I guess it worked.

OU_Sooners75
1/26/2008, 08:14 PM
He absolutely dominated the game. We can only hope that he wants to stick around for Taylor's SR season and play with Warren next year.

Maybe I am wrong. But I dont see Blake being one and done.

boomersooner82
1/26/2008, 08:15 PM
The guy's simply amazing. I was shocked to see him suited out when they took the floor. The fact that he not only played, but was back to his normal dominating self was awesome. Man I hope he comes back for a second year.

tulsaoilerfan
1/27/2008, 01:43 AM
glad he was able to come back so quick. he was the difference in the game.

Capel and crew definitely did not win any respect by saying he wasn't playing until gametime. He looked nearly 100%. but I guess it worked.
Why should they announce to everyone that he is going to play when they can have the element of surprise on their side; this isn't the NFL where you have to post an injury list and i can guarantee you that 99% of the coaches in the country would have done it this way

Curly Bill
1/27/2008, 02:13 AM
Maybe I am wrong. But I dont see Blake being one and done.

Same here.

Bourbon St Sooner
1/27/2008, 09:32 AM
I want to espouse my man-love for Blake G. I hope he sticks around at least to play another year with his brother.

OUMonster
1/27/2008, 10:01 AM
Same here.

His lack of shooting range (including the FT stripe) is probably the biggest issue NBA teams would have with him if he were in the draft this year. If he can improve to Longar Longar's level in that regard over the next year or two, his draft position will improve dramatically.

baylrballa
1/27/2008, 11:49 AM
Why should they announce to everyone that he is going to play when they can have the element of surprise on their side; this isn't the NFL where you have to post an injury list and i can guarantee you that 99% of the coaches in the country would have done it this way

I don't have a problem withholding information. I have to question their release of false information. It wasn't 'there's a chance he might be able to play, but we're not sure.' It was 'He is very doubtful for monday and even more so for Saturday, we hope to have him back by next saturday'

King Crimson
1/27/2008, 11:51 AM
I don't have a problem withholding information. I have to question their release of false information. It wasn't 'there's a chance he might be able to play, but we're not sure.' It was 'He is very doubtful for monday and even more so for Saturday, we hope to have him back by next saturday'

the doctors cleared him Friday. i wouldn't read too much into it (re: false information).

Newbomb Turk
1/27/2008, 11:58 AM
according to the Oklahoman (for what it's worth) nobody knew he was gonna play till sometime Saturday.

At Friday's practice, Capel said it was obvious that Griffin wasn't ready to effectively contribute.

"I went to see him after practice and he was dejected,” Capel said. "He knew he couldn't move the way he normally moved. I didn't want him going out there if he wasn't gonna have success.”
After a Saturday morning inspection by Dr. Schnebel, Griffin was cleared to play.

"Dr. Schnebel told me, ‘You're fine to play. You're not risking it. You're strong enough to play,' ” Griffin said. "That gave me some confidence that I can, and it felt great.”

Capel said he learned about 70 minutes before the game that Griffin would play. Even then, the coach wasn't counting on much more than an emotional boost to his team and some added depth in the paint.

Boomer.....
1/27/2008, 01:12 PM
He played great! I was surprised at how much he could do just 12 days after the injury. He did seem a little winded running up and down the court though.

Boomer.....
1/28/2008, 02:34 PM
Player of the Week: Blake Griffin, Oklahoma Sooners
By Andy Katz

Last week: 17 points, 15 rebounds vs. Baylor

Memo to self: Don't believe the injury timetable given by coaches. Blake Griffin defied the original four-game projection of being out with a knee injury by returning 14 days after he went down five minutes into a loss at Kansas. Oklahoma caught a scheduling break with only one game between Kansas and Baylor road games -- a home game against Texas Tech. OU won by two. Griffin returned for the Baylor game to score 17 points, grab 15 rebounds and dish out three assists without committing a turnover in 22 minutes. He took 17 shots during his active time on the floor that helped lead the Sooners to a 77-71 win over the Bears. Baylor was one of the hottest teams in the country after winning a five-overtime affair at Texas A&M on Wednesday. But the Bears had no match for Griffin inside. He bullied his way to the double-double and immediately put the Sooners back in contention to finish in the top three in the Big 12 and on the road to an NCAA berth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/notebook?page=notebook/weeklywatch012