picasso
1/25/2008, 07:05 PM
he's been on both ends.

NorthernIowaSooner
1/25/2008, 07:26 PM
didnt he go there, hows that surprising he wears osu **** on cmt

walkoffsooner
1/25/2008, 08:40 PM
Has he sqinted that one eye and gave the i'm inbred look yet ?

zeke
1/25/2008, 09:20 PM
I changed the channel when they said he was coming on.

No surprise, Garth & orange seem to fit each other.

MextheBulldog
1/25/2008, 09:53 PM
Yep, went there on a track scholarship and played football too.

Flying Scotsman
1/25/2008, 10:46 PM
Were they any good then?? Or ever???

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2008, 10:48 PM
Country music sucks no matter who they root for.;)

Rhino
1/25/2008, 11:36 PM
Yep, went there on a track scholarship and played football too. He didn't play football at OSU.

I don't even think he played football at Yukon High School.

NYC Poke
1/25/2008, 11:46 PM
The Big XII South is competitive. GB might have a NC, but UT has the historical edge. This recruiting season should make a big difference.

Flagstaffsooner
1/26/2008, 04:06 AM
He didn't play football at OSU.

I don't even think he played football at Yukon High School.I've always heard that when he was in HS he was into rock, then when he went to barnyard tech he got into that tractor noise.

Seamus
1/26/2008, 05:21 AM
1. Meh. Country music. Meh.
2. Did I miss the turn-off to the South Oval?
3. **** it. I'm getting back on the turnpike to Drunkytown.

Flagstaffsooner
1/26/2008, 06:19 AM
3. **** it. I'm getting back on the turnpike to Drunkytown.Use your damn turn signal. I damn near hit you.;)

TheHumanAlphabet
1/26/2008, 06:39 AM
Howcome if he is so proud of his school he don't join forces with T-butt? Between them, they would like have 40 bajillion dollars and could redo the university and stadium and all...Just askin'? Hell they probably could buy Stoolwater and run those pesky homeowner's out of town.

Crimsontothecore
1/26/2008, 07:14 AM
I used to like some of garth's stuff, but the whole Chris Gaines thing put an end to that. Only a singer with choke blood would turn bi-polar and dang near come out of the closet as a cross-dresser.

LiL10(s)ArEaJoKe
1/26/2008, 07:32 AM
sweatshirt on TV!

Was there ever any doubt that the he was aggie, hell, he's a rabid aggie, he could have just about any woman in the world and he marries "Shamu" Trisha Yearwood......what a tool

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 09:20 AM
He and Trisha used to come into a lumber yard in Claremore when I worked there. I got his autograph and visited with him a few times. Even though he's a sheephumper alum, he's a real down to earth dude. My wife and I even ran into him at Best Buy in Tulsa and she got to meet him. He was in shorts and flip-flops, had his daughters with him...and again he was really cool/just an every day dad I guess. Now one thing I can say about Trisha is she wears a lot of make-up on t.v. apparently.

soonerloyal
1/26/2008, 10:16 AM
I like his music. I got to see him live in concert, sortof, and I was really impressed with his stage presence and his energy. You could feel the electricity from the stage rolling clear back to the doors of the Center. He's a helluva performer.

As a middleaged mama that dosn't weigh her usual 98 pounds anymore, Trisha Yearwood is a pretty gal - I wouldn't cry tears for ya if Shamu swam his way up your a## and came out your throat. Pfft.
:mad:

But if it helps any, at the concert, I was standing next to one of Brooks' staff who was wearing a Poke teeshirt and I yelled to him, "Y'all back the wrong team - BOOMER DANG SOONER!" He laughed hard and said he'd pass that on.

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 10:20 AM
I like his music. I got to see him live in concert, sortof, and I was really impressed with his stage presence and his energy. You could feel the electricity from the stage rolling clear back to the doors of the Center. He's a helluva performer.

As a middleaged mama that dosn't weigh her usual 98 pounds anymore, Trisha Yearwood is a pretty gal - I wouldn't cry tears for ya if Shamu swam his way up your a## and came out your throat. Pfft.
:mad:

But if it helps any, at the concert, I was standing next to one of Brooks' staff who was wearing a Poke teeshirt and I yelled to him, "Y'all back the wrong team - BOOMER DANG SOONER!" He laughed hard and said he'd pass that on.
Whoa, I wasn't doggin on her. I'm just saying she looks really "made up" on t.v. I guess I'm saying she walks around town all natural, when I've seen her. So take the Shamu comment back please :D

Big Red Ron
1/26/2008, 10:24 AM
Not tying to nit pick but didn't he drop out of OSU?

Country music sucks.

soonerloyal
1/26/2008, 10:24 AM
Okay, sugar, it's back. But promise me, if you find yourself gaining weight as you age, you won't feel a Speedo is your friend like most fellas... :D

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 10:38 AM
Okay, sugar, it's back. But promise me, if you find yourself gaining weight as you age, you won't feel a Speedo is your friend like most fellas... :D
Haha, trust me, I'm almost 27 years old. My senior year in high school in football I was listed at 5'9 143 lbs. Today I'm at best 5'10 and 210 lbs. I know how weight is gained as we age.
Geeze, I need to get back in the gym.

Jimminy Crimson
1/26/2008, 12:48 PM
Geeze, I need to get back in the gym.

But not as fast as Trisha does? :confused: ;)

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 12:50 PM
But not as fast as Trisha does? :confused: ;)
Now someone understands ;)

sendbaht
1/26/2008, 12:55 PM
Yep, I saw that too.

Oh well, at least he was not wearing a USC hat since he was here in LA.

sendbaht
1/26/2008, 12:57 PM
"Not tying to nit pick but didn't he drop out of OSU?"

I dropped out of OU, but, I still love them.:)

Outopia
1/26/2008, 01:01 PM
That whole Chris Gaines thing was really weird and ghey. It just shows that he may be a "Country Music Star", but deep down he was a Rock-and-Roll wanabe. Kind of like a Transvestite wants to be a woman.

Mixer!
1/26/2008, 01:11 PM
Howcome if he is so proud of his school he don't join forces with T-butt? Between them, they would like have 40 bajillion dollars and could redo the university and stadium and all...Just askin'? Hell they probably could buy Stoolwater and run those pesky homeowner's out of town.
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

tommieharris91
1/26/2008, 01:11 PM

Country music sucks.

Don't you have to have a degree from that school in order to be a fan of that school? :confused:

MamaMia
1/26/2008, 01:21 PM
Yep, went there on a track scholarship and played football too.Then no wonder I didnt know he went there.

Big Red Ron
1/26/2008, 03:43 PM
Don't you have to have a degree from that school in order to be a fan of that school? :confused:heh, that's what they tell me.

SicEmBaylor
1/26/2008, 04:04 PM
When my aunt was at OSU her roommate's bestfriend dated Garth Brooks for a little while and she went over to his apartment a couple of times. That's my claim to fame.

silverwheels
1/26/2008, 04:12 PM
But is Chris Gaines an OSU fan?

Outopia
1/26/2008, 04:39 PM

Nah,,,, Chris is a big OU Fan. He likes Winners/:)

Crimsontothecore
1/26/2008, 06:29 PM
Does this answer your question?http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd53/mollytrixie/chrisgainesou.jpg

mdklatt
1/26/2008, 07:12 PM

That couldn't be. Only oSu gradjiates are allowed to be fans. That's why they're so much classier than OU fans. :rolleyes:

bluedogok
1/26/2008, 07:43 PM
He didn't play football at OSU.

I don't even think he played football at Yukon High School.
He was a QB at Yukon HS, he had a Javelin scholarship at OSU but did not play football. I think he did graduate from OSU with a marketing degree.

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 08:45 PM
When my aunt was at OSU her roommate's bestfriend dated Garth Brooks for a little while and she went over to his apartment a couple of times. That's my claim to fame.
My 9th grade geography teacher (also he was a wrestling coach), roomed with Garth some at stoolwater.

Oh and my dad could beat up all your dads :D ;)

StoopTroup
1/26/2008, 08:49 PM
Oh and my dad could beat up all your dads :D ;)
My Dad had a framed quote hanging in his office kind of like that.

It said '' My Attorney can kick your Attoreys A$$''. :D

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 08:51 PM
That's a good one too.
What about, "my wife can take your wife in a mud wrestling contest"?

oupride
1/26/2008, 09:04 PM
sweatshirt on TV!
Then its true! Garth has friends in LOW places!

TheHumanAlphabet
1/27/2008, 05:41 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_neg.gif

You realize that even though it wasn't there, there is an implied ;)