PDA

View Full Version : J.R. Bryant picks OU

zeke
1/25/2008, 06:18 PM
http://newsok.com/article/3197171/1201296060

OU-HSV
1/25/2008, 07:05 PM
Great news. Looks like another talented LB.
Is it normal for Kevin Wilson to be in on recruiting a linebacker? I was looking at our recruiting thread and it lists Kevin and Brent as the recruiters for J.R.

stoopified
1/25/2008, 10:58 PM
I don't know the specifics about Gryant but I do know that in addition to recruiting players at their position OU coaches also have geographic areas they recruit.I would guess that Bryant was in Wilson's geographical area.

MojoRisen
1/26/2008, 12:19 AM
This is good news- I will take some body ready and able backers along with the youngins.

I think we are plenty deep now- just let them play... Everyone Man and blitz.... :)

goingoneight
1/26/2008, 01:31 AM
Recruiters don't generally sit and talk X's and O's with the players. If I remember correctly ,Wyatt, the WR coach recruited AD. I'll bet the defensive coaches give campus tours and such, but recruiting is a wide-open game. IMHO, that's really why OUr first few classes were so amazing under Stoops because of all the connections cross-country. Spurrier Jr, Leach in SEC country, Stoops's ties to the Florida and JUCO scene from UF and KSU, BJW hit up Texas real good. This class has some outsiders (not OUr typical recruiting grounds for a few) as well.

OU_Sooners75
1/26/2008, 06:48 AM
Recruiting is mainly territorial. Sometimes it is, "send the best recruiters we have at the kids."

OU-HSV
1/26/2008, 09:14 AM
Thanks, I was just curious. I knew there were sometimes territories, but I didn't really even think of that.

swardboy
1/26/2008, 09:32 AM
Well I don't think anyone would argue that our coaches have done a superlative job of recruiting. My stupid question is this: How much does recruiting possibly affect bowl preparations? I realize that recruiting begins far sooner than that, but that's such a critical overlap of duties that time management must be a critical factor.....

NS5
1/26/2008, 09:39 AM
"De la bienvenida a mi amigo Senor Bryant" Whoops, I must have pressed 2