PDA

View Full Version : Most of the cute, single girls my age in Ardmore have a kid

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2008, 12:47 PM
anyone here had a reationship with someone that had a little kid?

I like kids, don't get me wrong I just think dating a mom will be different than dating a non-mom.

Any advice?

soonerinabilene
1/25/2008, 12:51 PM
My wife had two kids before we got married. I was blessed to not have any baby daddy drama, so it was easier for me. If you do date a mom, dont try to overimpress the kids to win their affection. Be yourself, and see how they react to it. You are not just going to date the mom, you will date the kid too.

OKLA21FAN
1/25/2008, 12:51 PM
grow up! :pop:

Hamhock
1/25/2008, 12:52 PM
the chick i'm sleeping with has 4.

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2008, 12:56 PM
the chick i'm sleeping with has 4.
5 if she includes you.

TopDaugIn2000
1/25/2008, 01:00 PM
I dated a guy with 3 kids. that didn't last long. they were complete monsters. now the "no kid" rule is HIGH on my list

yermom
1/25/2008, 01:03 PM
well, you know they put out

M
1/25/2008, 01:15 PM
On the flip side, most cute, single guys my age have their share of "winner" qualities as well. :rolleyes:

Mjcpr
1/25/2008, 01:19 PM
On the flip side, most cute, single guys my age have their share of "winner" qualities as well. :rolleyes:

How do you feel about oilfield workers that may or may not pee on the floor?

OUDoc
1/25/2008, 01:19 PM
My wife had 3 kids before we were married. Women with kids tend to be a lot less selfish and a lot more concerned about others, the very definition of mature IMO. I guess it's part of being a mom. So there's usually a lot of BS you no longer have to deal with.
I had no problems dating women with kids. The woman I dated (for 1 1/2 years) before my wife had a kid. She was 9 years older than me and, except for the age thing, it worked out well.

OUDoc
1/25/2008, 01:21 PM
How do you feel about oilfield workers that may or may not pee on the floor?
Those are his wiener qualities, not winner qualities.

Sooner_Bob
1/25/2008, 01:22 PM
well, you know they put out

:D

sooner_born_1960
1/25/2008, 01:22 PM
My wife had a couple kids before I came along. 15 years later, I still have no complaints.

jr4ou
1/25/2008, 01:25 PM
I dated a guy with 3 kids. that didn't last long. they were complete monsters. now the "no kid" rule is HIGH on my list
Agree. I dated a girl with 3 kids. Lasted about a year.

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2008, 01:29 PM
The woman I dated (for 1 1/2 years) before my wife had a kid. She was 9 years older than me and, except for the age thing, it worked out well.
Her kid was 9 years older than you?

Have you met soonerstormchaser?

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
You can tell a lot about someone's character based on the way they treat those closest to them. I'd be suspect of anyone who had kids but didn't have a relationship with them.

I've never had a long term relationship with a guy who had a kid and I wouldn't be opposed to it provided 1) He provided financially and emotionally for the kids and 2) Said kids weren't little bratty monsters who might set fire to my house.

I have a guy friend who is the best daddy ever to his little girl. You can tell she means the world to him. That to me is very attractive.

TopDaugIn2000
Agree. I dated a girl with 3 kids. Lasted about a year.

a year????? wow

sanantoniosooner
1/25/2008, 01:31 PM
My wife waited until after we were married to spring children on me:rolleyes:

I didn't know she was hiding them.

TopDaugIn2000
1/25/2008, 01:32 PM
the best part about "d00d with kids" as I refer to him now is that after those 3 he got fixed, so I didn't have anything to worry about. that part was nice. not much else about the relationship was though, his boys were HORRIBLE. and I mean HORRIBLE.

jr4ou
1/25/2008, 01:39 PM
a year????? wow
yea, i was shocked too. she would take them to their dads alot at first.

Mongo
1/25/2008, 01:44 PM
one of my inlaw relatives only has one kid, but it spends 99% of its time at the grandparents.

you want her didjits

TopDaugIn2000
1/25/2008, 01:45 PM
yea, i was shocked too. she would take them to their dads alot at first.

mom is out of state, and daughter lives with her. he has the 2 boys, and lives with his parents. they'd baby sit on occasion, but I think the brats wore out the grandparents and after having them all day (it was summertime) he'd have to bring them along. my house is NOT kid friendly (lots of glass tables and breakable stuff) and they tore my house apart. he never got control of them either.

royalfan5
1/25/2008, 01:48 PM
as someone who has been the kid in this type of relationship, all I can say is that you should try not to be a dick to the kid, and that if you really want a relationship with the woman, you will have to build one with the kid as well.

jr4ou
1/25/2008, 02:03 PM
i was a kid in the same type of relationship and he treated me great. they got married and had two more kids and he still treated me the same. he was a great father.

Hamhock
1/25/2008, 02:39 PM
just walk up to them and say "hey mother...want another?"

works. every. time.

ywia

1stTimeCaller
1/25/2008, 02:40 PM
what's your phone number?

OUDoc
1/25/2008, 02:41 PM
just walk up to them and say "hey mother...want another?"

works. every. time.

ywia
You say that to your mother?

Hamhock
1/25/2008, 02:47 PM
You say that to your mother?

you don't?

walkoffsooner
1/25/2008, 03:28 PM
Ask her thoughts on adopting them out.:rolleyes:

Scott D
1/25/2008, 03:46 PM
my first thought when I read this thread was "only a kid"? :)

OUDoc
1/25/2008, 04:03 PM
you don't?
Yours or mine?

olevetonahill
2/4/2008, 06:44 PM
Well hows this dating thing working out fer ya ?
Give us an update .

usmc-sooner
2/4/2008, 07:18 PM
I've got kids, you wanna date me?

SoonerStormchaser
2/4/2008, 07:20 PM
I'd comment, but you already know my answer!

olevetonahill
2/4/2008, 07:33 PM
I'd comment, but you already know my answer!
I think Scots talkin about a chick with Kids younger than Him tho .

1stTimeCaller
2/4/2008, 07:53 PM

I haven't managed to get the truck into gear. I'm gone too danged much to be asking ladies out and trying to get to know them.

olevetonahill
2/4/2008, 07:59 PM

I haven't managed to get the truck into gear. I'm gone too danged much to be asking ladies out and trying to get to know them.
Sounds Like youd Be a good provider for a Lady with a coulpla lil kids . I wish you Luck .

usmc-sooner
2/4/2008, 08:14 PM
me and the kids are acustomed to a certain lifestyle 1tc, how much money those oil peeps paying you.

1stTimeCaller
2/4/2008, 08:40 PM
me and the kids are acustomed to a certain lifestyle 1tc, how much money those oil peeps paying you.
I get three hots, a cot and all the water I can drink.

You guys want to move into my 5th wheel with me? The couch makes out into a bed.

stoops the eternal pimp
2/4/2008, 09:08 PM
You should only date married moms

olevetonahill
2/4/2008, 09:10 PM
You should only date married moms
Naw 1TC has told me he really would Like to Meet a Nice lady with a coupla kids and such .
Hes a great guy
Hey 1TC when ys sending me that check ?

1stTimeCaller
2/4/2008, 09:13 PM
hmmm is there a downside?

1stTimeCaller
2/4/2008, 09:16 PM
Naw 1TC has told me he really would Like to Meet a Nice lady with a coupla kids and such .
Hes a great guy
Hey 1TC when ys sending me that check ?
it's in the mail
:pop:

stoops the eternal pimp
2/4/2008, 09:20 PM
I just had a friend end a 8 month relationship with a single mom. He didnt realize it til later, but the mom was kinda ditching the kid off to spend time with him all the time and it didnt seem to bother her any. Just seemed weird

Partial Qualifier
2/5/2008, 07:48 AM
I just had a friend end a 8 month relationship with a single mom. He didnt realize it til later, but the mom was kinda ditching the kid off to spend time with him all the time and it didnt seem to bother her any. Just seemed weird

because it IS wierd. Parents who constantly ditch their kids off to grandparents or whoever are typically not good parents (that's putting it nicely) and probably wouldn't make a great companion. Not to mention they deserve a Hundred-Hand Slap from E. Honda.

MojoRisen
2/5/2008, 09:54 AM
I have dated a few single moms and several others who were not - Typically the kid comes first, I liked it personally but it all depends on what you want out of life and the girl themselves. It also depends on the age of the child - in my case they were both little girls - so I dated one for 3 years and another for about 3 months- As I get a little older I do like my freedom to have space after a long days work - and hit the local watering hole or go out to dinner with out hassle etc- so if the kid is between the ages of 2-6 I would be learly personally - older the kid the better if it is not yours.

Also - dating is not a big deal but don't let it go past 2 months if you don't really like the gal... you could loose a year pretty quickly based on the comfort of an instant family.

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 09:57 AM
if she aint willing to ditch the kid for you, then you don't want her.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/5/2008, 10:06 AM

Truth. In fact, it's beyond weird. It's just wrong.

If you do decide to pull the trigger on something like that, know full well that optimally, you're getting both mother and child, regardless of whether it's a few dates and a bang or a full on relationship. Being on the OTHER end of that spectrum, a single father re-entering the whole dating schpiel, a good time and hot pants were secondary. That person had to earn their chops before they were even considered to meet my little girl, let alone become a fixture around the house. In my opinion, a good mama will bring that attitude to the table as well.

Whatever that's worth to ya. It just might cramp the style of dinner, drinks, and a movie and replace it with corn dogs, yahtzee, and hawt nook in quiet mode when the baby's in the rack.

Heads up.

MojoRisen
2/5/2008, 10:12 AM
Toddlers - yeah king size bed is mandatory. Also may want to get one of those beds where you can jump on one side and the wine glass won't spill on the other.

Cartoon mornings, evenings and 30 mintues of yo time before you have to crash out and go to sleep for work in the mornin-

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 10:13 AM
hey 1tc, you trying to raise kids or get some?

1stTimeCaller
2/5/2008, 10:21 AM
it just seems that there are more women with kids than without and I thought I would see if anyone had any experience with dating a person that had kids.

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 10:25 AM
I used to date a girl with the cutest little girl. She was well behaved, and very loveable. She just wanted a father figure in her life. I remember I would go over to her house and her little face would light up. She'd come up to me and say will you please read me this story. That's when I'd have to tell her, I aint your dad.

MojoRisen
2/5/2008, 10:28 AM
I think there are really good qualities in a single mom you would not find in a career minded woman who doesn't want kids until 30s and even then just as a step in Maslows hierarchy of needs. You just have to deal with sneaking in nookie time etc... Sometimes slowing down a little is good for you - if all the hwat girls have kids - pick the coolest one :). Oh and never feel guilty about getting nookie from a single mom - they have needs too and sometimes that need is a man for a day - then the door. I ablidge time to time

usmc-sooner
2/5/2008, 10:31 AM
one advantage of a single mom, is you can go out drinking on all that child support money.

Tulsa_Fireman
2/5/2008, 10:33 AM
one advantage of a single mom, is you can go out drinking on all that child support money.

Not to mention the unlimited supply of free goldfish crackers.

MojoRisen
2/5/2008, 11:00 AM

This is the most logical Post I have seen, Props

We can call it recoup lost funds - Support for Judicial System abused Men.